The Truth

mnoelm96

After being hurt by her ex, Melody has a hard time trusting someone else to be in a relationship. However... Еще

Week 1: Monday Pt. 1
Week 1: Monday Pt. 2
Week 1: Wednesday
Week 1: Thursday
Week 1: Friday
Week 1: Saturday
Week 2: Thursday Pt. 1
Week 2: Thursday Pt. 2
Week 2: Saturday
Week 3: Sunday
Week 3: Tuesday
Week 3: Wednesday
Week 3: Saturday
Week 4: Monday
Week 4: Friday
Week 4: Saturday
Week 5: Sunday
Week 5: Wednesday
Week 5: Saturday
Week 6: Tuesday
Week 6: Wednesday
Week 6: Saturday
Week 7: Monday
Week 10: Thursday
3 Months Later

Week 1: Tuesday

139 1 0
mnoelm96

I only have one class on Tuesday's so I go to work earlier and get off earlier. School goes by fast and I find myself already walking into work. Honestly I'm nervous for the afternoon ahead of me. I wrap my apron around my waist and grab my notepad while I walk through the door next to the bar. Which I didn't realize until I'm already next to the bar. Luckily Brandon is already with some customers and is distracted, so I can walk past him unnoticed. Knowing my luck a person pushes back in their chair and knocks into me. I fall over and look up to find Brandon there. His brown eyes burning into me. Well so much for avoiding him.

His brow is pushed in frustration. "I'm so sorry. I didn't realize anyone was behind me," the man who was in the chair tells me. Brandon offers me his hand and once I'm on my feet he asks, "Are you okay?" I nod, but he turns around before I can say anything. "You should be sorry. What if she had been carrying food? You would have had to explain to the people what happened to their food. You don't even want to know how sorry I would've made you if she had been hurt," Brandon fumes. "Brandon," I say neutrally while grabbing his arm. His body softens to my touch and he turns my way. Once we meet eyes his frustration is less, then Mikey shows up.

"What's going on here? What's wrong Melody?" Mikey asks everyone, then looks at me. "This guy decided he had to push his chair all the way back to get up. In doing so he knocked Melody down," Brandon speaks up before I can even get the chance. Mikey looks at me with concern, probably making sure I'm okay. Then addresses the problem. "Brandon go back to the bar, I can handle this. Thank you," Mikey turns to Brandon. Which Brandon just stares at Mikey for a second, but eventually walks towards the bar. He turns back around to face me and I give him a reassuring smile.

"Sir, please be more careful next time, but please accept my dearest apologies of how our bartender treated you. Let us pay for your mixed appetizer," Mikey tells the man and his family. This is why Mikey's the manager. I begin to walk away to go to my section when I hear my name being softly called by Mikey. I turn and he asks me, "Will you come into my office?" I nod and follow him.

Once he closes the door I comment, "I do need to get to my section really soon." He smiles softly and tells me, "You've ripped your shirt Mel." I look down and sure enough at my elbow is a rip. "Amazing," is all I say. His smile widens and I'm just standing here staring into his light blue eyes. He runs his fingers through his blonde hair, which these days it's a bit longer than usual. I've come to know he does this action when he's thinking or just frustrated. Mikey starts to unbutton his shirt and the next second he's pulling it off.

"What the hell Mikey?" I ask. He laughs and hands me his shirt "Relax Mel, I'm just giving you my shirt and I can run to my car to get my colored shirt," he tells me. "Oh. Thanks," I comment, feeling slightly embarrassed. I begin to unbutton my shirt and pull it off. Mikey turns around, even though I have an undershirt on. I love him. 

Oh jeez.

"Okay I have it on," I tell him once done. He turns around and stares at me. "It is too big?" I ask him. "Well you don't look as good with it on as in your own shirt," he answers but his cheeks flush with red and immediately looks away from me. He's leaning against his desk and I walk up to him and place a kiss on his cheek. Then give a light hug while leaning in close to him to say, "Thank you for always being here for me." I step back and actually take a look at his body. I didn't realize how fit he's gotten, the undershirt is tight against his body and I can see the muscles underneath that it hides.

"Mel I need to tell you something," Mikey brings me back to his attention. However, there's a knock on the door and Violet shortly walks through. She has a look of a pissed off woman. "Mike I'm going to kill this old prick and her bridge friends," she comments with an eye roll. "Okay...uh...Melody," he begins to say but I interrupt with, "No need. I need to get out there, so you can say whatever you needed to say another time."

When I finally get to my section it's set up once again. "You should just start giving me part of your pay from now on," Bash comments while coming up from behind me. He's carrying a tray of drinks and has a genuine smile on his face, which is something different than what I'm used to. I roll my eyes at him, but still give a smile. "Tonight at seven, beautiful," he tells me while adding a wink at the end.

The next couple of hours go by like school had gone. "I'm going to change, since you don't get off until another hour or so," I mention to Bash as I walk past him leaving. "I'll pick you up at your place," he quickly adds before going to his table. I nod at him, then walk over to clock out. Beau walks in just as I'm about to leave. "Hey Mel," he calls for me as he takes his shirt off to put on his work shirt. Might I say, I always forget how toned Beau is.

"I was wondering, what are you doing tomorrow?" he asks. I force myself to look at his face, which at this point he's walked closer to me. "Distracted?" he adds while only being a foot from me. He then begins to button up his shirt. "I have school," is all I can come out with. He laughs a bit and says, "You're priceless. I meant afterwards though." I walk over to the schedule on the wall, because at this point my mind has failed me. "I work six to closing," I finally find words. When I turn around he's right there, again. He puts his hand on my face and uses his thumb to trace my jaw while asking, "How would you feel about an early dinner? After school?" He steps closer, causing me to be pressed up against the wall. "Okay," is all I can muster up from my loss of words. He smiles at me, then hovers his lips over mine but doesn't kiss me "See you tomorrow then," he tells me and goes to leave the room. I'm still leaning on the wall trying to slow my heart rate.

I rush home to get ready for my date with Bash, which I feel bad now after the incident with Beau. I take a shower and put a simple sundress on. As I'm applying my last bit of makeup on there's a knock on the door. Bree has already gone to work, so I adjust my hair quickly and answer the door. "Whoa, you look amazing," Bash tells me once I walk out and lock the door. "Thank you. You're not too shabby either," I comment while smiling at him. I glance over at Derek's door and panic seizes me temporarily before I remember he's working right now as well. "Where to?" I ask Bash once we're in the car. "The best Italian place in town," he replies with.

The waiter comes to talk our orders and Bash lets me go first, "like a gentleman" he said. Even though last week he was holding the kitchen door for me, then once I actually got to the point of walking through he slammed the door in my face.

Stop.

He wants to show me his better side. I try to ignore the rude things we've done to each other and concentrate at what's unfolding now.

"I'll take the seafood Alfredo," Bash tells the waiter, then we're left by ourselves. "You ordered seafood?" I ask him with curiosity. He laughs and replies, "Yes. I grew up on the east coast, I ate seafood all the time." I ask, "Why did you come here for college and law school?" He gives me a small smile before replying, "I moved here, because my parents passed away and my grandma wanted me to live here with her." He looks away from me like he's either embarrassed for admitting that or sad about it, I can't tell because he turned away before I got a chance to look at him. I reach across and grab his hand giving a small squeeze. "I'm sorry to hear about your parents Bash," I say with sincerity. He looks at me again and there's that sweet smile from earlier there. "It's okay. I'm glad you're starting to see the better me," he tells me before the waiter comes with our salads. I stare into his blue-gray eyes just a bit longer.

When he pulls up to my apartment building, I know I have to tell him about everything. "I had a really nice time Bash, thank you," I tell him. "I'm just glad to get the awful image I've made of myself in your head. Don't get me wrong, I'll still tease you at work, but it won't be as bad. I promise," he mentions while giving me that sincere smile. This time is makes him look actually happy. "I need to tell you something," I blurt out. Bash sits up straight and concern crosses his face. "You don't want to continue this, do you?" he ask while pointing between us.

"No it's not that. I just have to make sure you understand what I hope to come out of this. I don't want anything serious between us. I loved tonight, it was fun, but I don't want a boyfriend. I understand if you wouldn't want to keep seeing me though. Although if you would, I'd like that," I confess while catching my breath afterwards. "Melody tonight was fun and amazing. I'm not going to make you do something you don't want to, but yeah I'd still like to see you," Bash answers truthfully.

He looks me in the eyes then slowly leans towards me and kisses me. His lips are soft and after everything, I'm happy I went out tonight. He leans back shortly. "I'm not working tomorrow, so I'll see you the day after," he says after he pulls away. His blue-gray eyes are staring into mine and I can feel my heart racing. I give a smile then get out of the car to go inside.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

CheckMate (Completed) LadyDaisy

Любовные романы

185K 4.8K 61
Everyone knows the stories of the hot popular guy in school who falls in love with the shy girl who is later learnt to be a diamond in the rough. But...
the worst ❤️ Shay

Подростковая литература

8.3K 373 17
short story ; Lies , hurt , love .. but her life is the worst .
1.3K 119 16
Who knew my life could be this complicated? So many lies, so much hate, and so much drama. It may get out of hand and murders, mysteries and killers...
TRIPPED ON YOU Tamara wells

Короткий рассказ

311 34 31
"Just as they say love can be in the most unexpected places. Romance is bliss Love, a manifestation of magnificence. hopelessness steals and eats awa...