The Future That Can Be. (Boyx...

By Damn_Scott

The prince of Camelot has a secret he has yet to reveal and his manservant, Merlin , has the same secret. The... More

Ch. 1
Ch.2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch. 10
Plans, Thoughts, Confessions. Which one would come first?
Farewell My Friend
Exposure
So We Meet Again
Change Is All I Have Left
Regret
sequel

Ch. 7

1.9K 89 15
By Damn_Scott

Arthur's P.O.V

I spend all morning and most of the afternoon trying to knock the door down, but I was tired and exhausted. I leaned against the door and fell down. I sighed as I closed my eyes, leaning my head back.

How could my father do this? I never wanted to believe he didn't have a heart, but I see now that he doesn't.

I needed to get out of my chamber but I didn't know how. It seemed impossible.

The only way was to agree on the marriage. To lie not only to everyone, but myself.

But I knew I'd rather be locked up than live a lie.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Merlin's P.O.V

{Hours earlier}

Lancelot and I rode into the small village of Ealdor. I looked around and smiled at many familiar faces, though there was only one face I wanted to see. I got off the horse and walked further into the village, looking around for her. Then I spotted her, carrying a bucket of water.

"Mother!"

She turned around and her eyes widened in surprise as she saw me, a smile breaking onto her face.

"Merlin!"

I smiled widely, and ran up to her, and I hugged her. I hugged her tightly and held her close, missing her warmth and comfort. She hugged me back. Her tired arms wrapped loosely around me.

"Oh sweetie. I can't believe you're here."

I smiled and pulled back to look at her.

"But I am. I missed you very much."

"And I you."

Lancelot came up behind me and he smiled at my mother, staying his distance anyway as to not bother us.

"Lancelot," he introduced himself, "You must be Hunith, Merlin's mother."

She smiled, "Indeed. Pleasure to meet you, sir Lancelot."

"Pleasure is all mine."

I smiled at Lancelot and watched as he offered to help my mother. He carried the bucket of water and the three of us made our way inside the cottage.

"Are you guys hungry? Thirsty? I don't have much, sir Lancelot but I can try-"

"Please. Don't trouble yourself. Water would be just fine. Also, just call me Lancelot, not sir needed," he spoke kindly to her.

My mother smiled and she grabbed the cups and served us all water. We all sat together around the table.

"What brings you here, child?"

I looked at my mother and offered her a small, gentle smile.

"Couple of things."

"You didn't just run off did you?"

"Of course not. I let Gaius know where I was heading. Lancelot here found me out camping and decided to accompany me."

She smiled at Lancelot, "Thank you for that. "

He nodded and smiled back at her.

"Seems y'all had a harsh ride. Why don't you two rest?"

"Please mother, I'd rather spend the day with you."

"Are you sure?"

I chuckled softly as I nodded, "I'm sure. Why else would I leave Camelot?"

It wasn't all about Arthur. I missed my mother, terribly. And I knew I'd be better off here in Ealdor with her.

So we spend the day working. Lancelot helped as well. We planted crops, pulled out weeds, fed the animals, and cleaned the cottage. Anything to keep us busy during the day.

Anything to keep me busy during the day. Distracted and away from any curious questions I knew my mother had.

The day was almost coming to an end. Lancelot and I sat together, having a drink as we watched the fire.

"So, are you ever going back?"

I looked over at Lancelot and shrugged gently as I looked away. I wasn't sure myself. I have been asking that since I left the castle and I couldn't figure out what I would do.

"You need to go back soon. We have less than a week."

I sighed softly.

"Merlin-"

"What is your deal, Lancelot?" I asked as I looked at him and stood up, "One day you're saying you feel things for me, the next you're urging me to tell Arthur something I can't accept. Why!? What are you playing here?"

Lancelot stood up as well and grabbed my arms, pulling me close.

"Keep your voice down," he warned.

"Not until you tell me!"

"I cannot!"

We looked at each other and stayed silent for a second. He shook his head and sighed as he let go of me.

"I can't tell you anything. All I want... is for you to say it. Please say it."

"Say what?"

"You know what." Lancelot quickly responded.

I shook my head as I chuckled, "I'm not. I won't. This is some twisted game you're playing and I have no intentions in participating."

We stared at one another before I made my way past him and out of the house. I walked into the woods and sighed as I sat down by a tree, bringing my knees up to my chest. Lancelot was playing at something here, and he didn't say anything. It was frustrating and annoying

I looked up at the sky, and watched the stars.

"Out of all idiots.."

I realized I couldn't do this on my own. I looked around before standing up and I walked down further into the woods. It had been a while since I last called for him, but he always had the answers.

"O drakon, fthengomai au se kalon su katerkheo deuro!"

I stopped at an open field and looked up at the sky, watching as Kilgharrah came into view. He landed in front of me and looked down at me.

"You called, young warlock. Is this about your lo-"

"Don't use that word." I simply said and he grew quiet for a second, but soon giggled for a while like he usually did when he was mocking and teasing.

"Arthur is meant to get married, so I heard. Into the Mariann family."

I nodded at Kilgharrah as I looked up at him.

"That is correct."

"And why have you yet to stop it?"

I furrowed my brows as I looked at him, tilting my head slightly.

"Because it's meant to be. He's soon to be king and he needs a queen by his side."

He shook his head a bit as he listened , "But she is not the one. Never has, never will. You cannot let this marriage happen. Her family will only try to destroy Arthur and take over the kingdom."

My brows pushed together as I stepped closer, "So there is something behind this whole thing?"

"Indeed, young warlock," he responded with a light nod.

"What is it? I need to know."

Kilgharrah looked at me and he remained silent for a second. This was not the time.

"I am not a seer."

"No, you are. You always know everything and I want to know what this family is up to." I demanded.

"Very well," he nodded before he continued speaking, "King Joseph Mariann has always cared about riches and kingdoms. Nothing more. As you can see he only had one child and that was Princess Kaila. He now wants her to marry Arthur only to take over the kingdom. He doesn't care about his daughter or Arthur. You cannot let them marry unless you want Arthur to die young or ruin Camelot."

"I have to stop this. But, how?" I asked as I looked at the dragon before me.

He smiled, "You'll know what to do. Just remember, the longer you wait, the harder it'll get."

I watched as Kilgharrah started to fly away. Always leaving me with short and frustrating answers and riddles.

I walked back to the village, thinking of everything.

I needed to go back, but was I ready?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.5K 7
What will Arthur do to save his manservant from a curse? Will Arthur finally realize how he feels about Merlin? How can a simple tradition turn deadl...
138K 3.3K 32
Merlin took his sister with him when he went to Camelot. What he didn't realise was how much this would affect his destiny. And how much danger there...
1.3K 59 8
๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ young princess of a long forgotten kingdom sets off in search of answers after finding an old Prophecy. Arthur Pendragon x OC Merlin BBC Sea...
602K 21.1K 130
"For both sides of the coin to reveal their full potential, a light must shine upon them." ------ [Merlin - Season 1+] [Arthur Pendragon x OC]