The Dragon and the Dagger

Af KaraStephenson

A curse cast upon a race, doomed to destroy them all. The dark sides of all are slowly taking over. Written s... Mere

Prologue Part I: An Unexpected Prophecy
Chapter I: The Dragon's Tale Part 1
Chapter II: The Dragon's Tale Part 2

Prologue Part II: The Devastating Prophecy

47 3 3
Af KaraStephenson

Okay so I hope you liked the first part of the prologue! This is the second part....obviously. It is written by yours truly, StellaLuna23. Enjoy! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

A dear lady with such sorrow

Her husband, lost

And at what cost?

Flames of fire

So high and so hot

Through it all the man fought

But the hero did not emerge 

For the black of smoke took his life

In exchange the one he loved was saved,

The wife

There is more, oh what sadness

Not only a widow is she

A could have been mother I see

Tried and tried for many years

But each time ended in tears

Doomed to believe nothing is left

You stand before me 

The truth is what you seek

To know if this time will succeed 

It's finally come to tell the prophecy

Believe what you will

My words are true

To most of your liking they shall fill

A child you shall bare

Golden hair and ice blue eyes

Female she will be

Which you may never see

Missing is a heart

Her life will never start

Unusual case this is

There's a way she can be saved

A dagger of gold

With more power than you can behold

She'll live like any other

Until her time comes

To sacrifice her heart

For the chosen one

The "one", a curse they will be under

Defined by hair of night

And eyes like golden light

Tests she will use to see,

If the "one" is truly worthy

The dagger she will use 

To save the one

Someone who will save a race

Then, her life will be done

All there is has been said 

This prophecy from long ago

Keep quiet no one must know

Be careful and be safe...

~Spoken by the oracle Anra

****

              Anger surged through her body. She balled her hands in frustration. She began to swing her fist at a boy, but a hand held her elbow leaving her immobilized. She did not need to turn around to know who had stopped her.

              “Let it go,” the one from behind her spoke.

              This only made her anger grow. She lifted her foot and slammed it down onto the boy’s foot.

              He grunted releasing his grasp on her arm. “Was that really necessary?”

            She did not respond, but walked right past the boy. She could not deal with him today. She needed to get away, to forget about everything. Footsteps sounded behind her and she knew he followed her.

            Quickly, she picked up her pace until she was sprinting. Faster and faster she ran over the ground and into the trees. She needed to be quick if she wanted to loose him. After a few seconds she spotted the perfect tree. It did not take much effort for her to climb onto a branch. She quietly sat down making sure not to let the branch shake.

            She ran her fingers through her hair letting go a sigh.

            “You do not actually think you would be able to loose me that easily.”

            “What do I have to do to get some peace and quiet?”

            “I can be quiet.”

            “That is not what I meant. I mean why do you refuse to leave me alone! I can take care of myself.”

            “Look, you know why I cannot. I do not have a choice. I was tasked with being your mentor until you took up your responsibility.”

            The girl rolled her eyes to herself. “Mentor, right. You are only two years older then I; correct me if I am wrong. How am I supposed to believe you can teach me anything?”

            “Three years actually. And I may lack in physical appearance but I—“

            “You have the knowledge of a god. I know. I just do not see how someone who is only of the age of eighteen can have such wisdom.”

            “The irony. You do not believe someone with young looks can hold much knowledge, even knowing you yourself is living without a heart.” He spoke half joking half taunting.

            His words stung. She slid off the branch landing with a thud. Her anger was at its limit. This time she needed to find a way to be alone.

            “Where are you going now?”

            She did not reply. She refused to.

            “I was kidding. You are not heartless…well technically speaking.”

            “SHUT IT! I am so tired of you! You try to act like you are so much better than me and speak like I am lower than you! You think you have such great knowledge, well I think you forgot what it means to be considerate! Just leave me alone! I do not need your help or anyone else! I do not need anyone! I can handle myself. Nothing can kill me; you know that. Really, only my emotions are to worry, but it is not as if I need to worry about love. I mean I am heartless technically speaking.” A single tear escaped and as quickly as it came it was wiped away.

            “Kat—“

            “Do not call me that Lurin. Do not.”

            He stepped closer to her. “You are upset.”

            “Really? What gave it away?” She stepped back.

            “But it is not just because of me is it. It is because tomorrow is your birth date”

            She hated hearing the words. It was worse having them spoken by someone else. It reminded her of her terrible fate. “Why me? I watch as everyone looks forward to his or her birth date. They live so carefree. I wonder if they knew that with each year their death grows closer if they would still wear smiles upon their faces.”

            He turned her around to face him. “You are fine. Do not think about it. You still have time.”

            “Only four more years. Lurin…the truth is. I do not want to die. There is so much I want to do…but giving my life up for some stranger I do not even know, that was not one of them.”

            “It will be alright. You will make it through this, I know you will.”

            “Why do you speak such a lie?”

            He just smiled at the girl. “In time you will understand, Katerina.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I hope you liked it! Love to hear your thoughts.

Fortsæt med at læse