The Billionaire Playboy's Bri...

By Meghana_N_S

Can be read as a STAND ALONE BOOK! "Sign!" He demanded. A signature. Just a signature's gonna change both ou... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: First Meeting
Chapter 2: The Proposition
Chapter 3: Her Plot!
Chapter 4: Shock! Not a Surprise.
Chapter 5: The Contract!
Chapter 6: Wedding Shopping!
Chapter 7: Negotiation!
Chapter 8: Life with Him?
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony & Reception!
Chapter 10: Wedding Night!
Chapter 11: Suspicions
Chapter 12: Intention?!
Chapter 13: Distance
Chapter 14: Him!
Chapter 15: Nowhere!
Chapter 16: New Entry
Chapter 18: Ex Bitch!
Chapter 19: Harsh Slap
Chapter 20: Affair with my Husband!
Chapter 21: Misunderstood Feelings
Chapter 22: Past Revelations!
Chapter 23: Divorce & Kidnap?
Chapter 24: Clarified Confusion!
Chapter 25: Accidents!
Chapter 26: Away from him.
Chapter 27: New Doubts...
Chapter 28: Loud & Clear!
Chapter 29: Confirmations..
Chapter 30: Last Chance...
Chapter 31: Mystery
Chapter 32: Abducted?
Chapter 33: Hope.
Chapter 34: Escape?
Chapter 35: Runaway Again.
Chapter 36: A Missing Puzzle
Chapter 37: Partial?
Chapter 38: Questions.
Chapter 39: Answers.
Chapter 40: Get together
Chapter 41: Locked.
Chapter 42: Ours..
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2

Chapter 17: Dinner & with Barbie

23.2K 884 44
By Meghana_N_S

Evelyn's POV

After that torture scene, Nick brought me to our room. "Are you fine now?" He asked with concern lacing his voice. Watching Mark hurt that man felt like I was in a trauma.

"Yeah. I'll be fine" I whispered with a sigh.

"Is something wrong sweetheart? I mean.... I know that you've seen people die right in front of your eyes. And I don't think that seemed to bother you before..." He asked confused.

"Yeah, I know... I know. It's just that... that man seemed oddly familiar. Like he was my own... something I just don't remember". I said. I tried. I tried so much... to remember him but I can't. "Nick, I want remember him. I know, I know him. Just can't remember where I saw him" I said with a cry.

"Eve, just calm down. Like I told you that man was following you every day, maybe that's why he seems familiar. Don't worry too much about it" He said rubbing my arm. "But I don't like it when you're near him. That bloody old bastard called you princess. Right in front of me" He fumed as he held on to my arm tightly.

"Nick stop worrying. It was nothing" I said.

"What do you mean by it was nothing? Just forget that you even ever met him alright!?" He said with a frown.

"You don't understand babe. I think I had a close relationship with him" I said looking behind him, helpless. While he looked at me with wonder and amusement.

"What? What happened now? Nick are you listening to me?" I pushed his arms that were holding me from behind.

"Yeah yeah, I'm listening" he said, and I still looked at him suspiciously. "Hmph... You called me babe. Just caught me off guard." He said crinkling his eye that strangely looked sexy to me. Ugh! Evelyn! Back to topic!

"Uhm yeah. So, what I was telling is that I know him okay?" I told him.

"Well... Then tell me when you can recognize him. Okay?" He said mimicking me. "Now.. We should go home. Don't you think?" He said pulling my hair back so that I turn my face back at him as he kissed my lips harshly. "You're mine. Nobody else's." He said with his filled with lust and possession. But then it suddenly turned cold. "Pack everything you need. Quickly. And I'll send the men to collect the bags. Now go. I have some work to do and I shall drop you home first" He said hitting my butt cheek a bit hardly as I turned back to find him with a smirk. I glared and got up rubbing where he hit.

"Don't pout babe or we'll have to-" I pressed my hand to his mouth.

"Stop throwing sexual comments at your wife Mr. Perkins!" And he looked at me amused. Ugh!

***

After few more minutes we left to our new house. Well I'm excited to see this one which Nick says was specially designed for his wife. Well then....

"Nick?" I called out when I saw him frowning at his phone.

"What?!" He snapped at me. What!

"Nothing!" I said looking out of the window again. Every time we sit in a car this happens.

And what in the fu*king hell was wrong with me that I called out for him to ask if everything was fine. Why was I suddenly interested to know if everything was alright?! Well who the Fu*ck cares if it was alright with him or not. One minute he's the world's best husband the next he's like the abusive type. And the very next moment he looks like a sex god.

So, I'm either happy then angry and frustrated or wet with sexual frustration!

Soon enough, we were in front of a huge black gate as a security guard came out but quickly operated the remote to open the gate as he looked at Nick.

Again, there was a white fountain as we moved around it and stopped near the house door which was a few stairs away.

Should've guessed that it was a mansion. That is what Nick loves. The interiors were familiar to that of the penthouse. Dark but classy. But this one had a homely touch. It just gave you the family feeling, like you have tons of cousins and uncles and aunts. A huge joint family is what I always wished for...

"How do you like it?" Nick's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah... it's lovely" I said forcing a smile, forgetting the little ugly banter we had in the car.

"You said you wanted to do the interiors yourself, you want to change anything now?" He asked and I shook my head with a smile. This is so much better than what I could make out of this house.

"So..... You called me for something in the car. What is it?" He asked looking serious.

"Oh... it's nothing. I just wanted to ask what brought such a huge frown on your face" I said winking at him to lighten the mood and turned away from him as I was definitely not in the mood to have that conversation now. All my life I've been running away from such situations, avoiding such confrontations. Even now, when Nick revealed that he married me to get his inheritance I didn't ask him where we stand now. I was just too scared to know his answer. I'm a fu*king coward!

Not anymore. I think I should talk to him; I need the closure. Tonight!

"Wait." I heard him say. "Actually... it was my parents. They wanted to know if we are still attending the dinner, if we are already back from our honeymoon. I told them that we just arrived, but they still want to meet up with us. Is that fine with you?" He asked.

"Yeah. Of course. What time should I be ready?" I asked. He seemed relieved.

"Around... 7? That will be fine." He said with shrug.

"So, is that why you were so tensed and angry?" I asked curiously.

"Yeaaahh..." He bragged and raised his eyebrows in question.

"Aaahh... I never understood your hatred towards your parents" I asked really curious as his eyes turned dark and cold again.

"That's none of your concern. I'll be back to pick you by 7, be ready!" He said turning and walking away from me.

***

'I'm just so sick and tired of this man' I thought as I looked through my clothes. He didn't even tell what kind of a get together this is! Is it just us? Or is its big party? Or just a casual one? To top it off, I'm already late as it took me a whole lot of time to find our room. He just left me alone in this huge mansion, how would I know which room is ours?! And finally, I found this huge master bedroom. Don't ask me, I just knew. And his clothes in the closet just told me that yeah this is our room. I didn't even get the time to unpack. I'm done with my make-up, but I have no idea what to wear. All because of this caveman.

Aaaahhh... just don't start me up on the tortures I had to through after our marriage.

I finally found this cute off shoulder cocktail dress. It was bright red in color. This would be perfect. It's the first time I'll be meeting my in-laws after the wedding, so I'll have to make a good impression on them. Since I don't know if it's a party or what, this will be perfect. Even to seduce my husband. I had read it somewhere that red attracts men and make you look sexy. Whether it be shoes, dress or lipstick. It works. You're soo going to get it hubby!

I saw the clock and it was already fifteen minutes past 7. Should I call him? Did he forget to take me or is he just late? I was still thinking when the bedroom door slammed into the wall as I jumped in fear holding a hand over my chest. Ugh! This man! At first, he looked me in the eye and then as I stood up, he looked at me from top to bottom speechless and then he strode in without a word.

He threw away the shirt he was wearing and put on another crisp white shirt with a blue tie.

"Come. We're already late" He said pulling my hand. We? Late? What does he mean by we? I was ready on time. He is so infuriating. He didn't even say a word about my dress. Ass! All this hard work for nothing! I didn't even get a single compliment from him.

***

It seems we were to meet up in some hotel, thankfully I dressed up well. And we didn't even need a car to reach there. Even by walk we could reach it just within five minutes. Huh!

As soon as I got out of the car. Nick pulled by my arm and growled in my ear "Behave!" and then he held my waist lovingly like nothing happened. I always behave!

We had a pool side table reserved and I for some weird reason moved towards the pool in search of my in-laws and Nick pulled me back into his chest, settling me into his arms with a glare. By the time we reached the table, this time I was fuming and glaring, all at one woman, who I had seen in my husband's arms just few weeks back. Bitch! She claimed to be Isabella's friend. That evil witch Barbara!

Obviously, our in-laws got up first to greet us. Isabella came running up to her brother and then to me. At first, I thought she really is happy to see me but then she tightly held me as I watched Barbara pull my husband into the seat next to her, only then did Isabella let me go after she smirked at me with an evil glare. What did I ever do to her?! And she quickly sat in the seat next to Barbara. So, Dad was already at the head of the table and I can't just sit opposite him only because I can sit next to my husband. So, I obviously went and sat next to Mom.

Nick didn't seem to notice how uncomfortable I was with this seating arrangement. First off, it's my first-time meeting in laws after the wedding, and I was damn nervous. And now I even have my husband and his mistress to keep an eye on. Isabella just silently smirked at me, drinking from her glass.

It was very kind of them to wait to order until me and Nick arrived even though we were half an hour late. We were all still chatting. Nina, I mean Mom just kept asking me about the honeymoon which I never got to enjoy but I had to lie. And Uncle Nathan was obviously not interested but all the while looked at his wife's enthusiastic self. Isabella was busy with her phone. And finally, coming to my husband, he was busy laughing his heart out to that fake Barbie stick. I sat back in my seat as I saw Mom flirting with Dad. Such a lovely couple I thought. Ugh! Love all around. Except in my life!

I looked back at what was mine. To my horror, the short dress that bitch was wearing came to cover her legs but though failed to cover her large fake boobs that were almost on the verge of falling out. Nick too seemed uncomfortable and turned his face away trying to look anywhere but her. She pulled his hand bringing his attention back to her and pulled her dress up right in front of him trying to be seductive. I was thinking if I should jump out of my seat and bloody murder her or not. That is when Nick looked at me to see if I was watching them or not with a look of horror on his face. And luckily, I was, I didn't miss a bit. At least he remembered he had a wife. Couldn't he come sit next to me? I thought looking from him to the seat next to mine hoping he'd get the hint. I wish I could do what she did with another man and see if Nick would be affected or not.

I took my phone so that I could just forget all this.

"Hello Wife" I heard him whisper into my ear as I almost leaped out of my seat.

When I saw it was him, I gave him a huge smile and replied, "Hi Hubby!" Just in time as the waiter brought the food.

"How have you been?" He asked too sweetly for his own good.

"Really now? You can stop sweetheart. I already saw what happened." I replied with a fake smile.

"And what happened?" He asked amused almost challenging me to say that I was jealous. I looked back at the witch who was now the one to actually be fuming with jealousy.

And then I looked back at him. "What happened?" Is he really asking me that? "Adultery" I used the term that was mentioned in the contract, and he suddenly looked at me with disbelief.

"What is wrong with you?! We were right in front of you. Were we having sex?" He asked trying to prove his innocence.

Na-ah, he is not going there. "You didn't have to" I said looking him in the eye and that shut him up! He held my hand under the table, that was on my lap with pleading eyes. "You didn't do anything, right Nick?" I asked and he quickly nodded. I looked around the table and everyone was busy eating except for that witch who was staring at us. "What if I did what she did with you with other men?" And he frowned, even glared. "I don't know if you like me enough, or you just won't care.... But how would you feel?" He didn't reply though. He continued eating with his jaw clenched as he let go of my hand. He was still looking down at his plate when I said, "I don't know about you, but more than jealous, I felt utterly insulted." that's when he looked at me with hurt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

708K 24.8K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...
156 3 37
"Cut the Mr. Knight bullshit, sweetheart. We both know I'm more than just your boss and it's futile to believe otherwise." He growls. He leans close...
5M 186K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
65.9K 2.8K 31
you can see it on Amazon Kindle... In the heart of Victorian London lives a girl names Katherine Davis. She is the real life Cinderella yet she was d...