NEXT AVENGERS: Destiny

By LornaCyla

MARVELOUS cover by @desperauxx !!! DISASSEMBLED After their battle in Latveria, The Next Avengers find themse... More

Author's Note
JAMES (Prologue)
1~FRANCIS-Rest
2~PETRA-Rogers
3~Francis-Revelation
4-HENRY~Azari
5-JAMES~DD
6-LOKI~Power
7-FRANCIS~Twisted
8-JAMES~ Prepared
9-JAMES~He is Back
10~HENRY-What are you thinking?
July 4th Special
A/N: Femme Fatales
11~FRANCIS-Communication
12~PETRA-Brilliant
13~HENRY-You're Kind Of A Genius
14~AZARI-Portal to Who Knows Where
15~FRANCIS~United
16-PETRA-Princess
~Theme Song~
17~JAMES-Just Like Old Times
18~HENRY-Stark
~Myers Briggs~
19~LOKI-Oh Daughter of Mine
~2K!!!!!(and character edits!)~
20~LOKI-Deception
21~TONY-Never Been Good With Rules
22~PETRA-So It Begins
23.5~Character Design Reference
24~FRANCIS-"It Will Be So"
25~JAMES-Armor
NEXT AVENGERS CONTESTS!
Contest Winners!!
26-JAMES-Mist and Shadows Part 1
27-PETRA~Mist and Shadows Part 2
~Announcement~
28-TORUNN-Some Things Change
I have some news....
Epilogue

23-MAYDAY-Another Day In The Life Of Your Average Everyday Spider-Girl

145 15 72
By LornaCyla

Introducing Natalia Dyer as May "Mayday" Parker.
Quick note: I've had to edit the chapter where the Next Avengers go through the portal to Asgard. Petra was on her phone for a brief moment. I've added that detail in the chapter, but I thought it best to tell you here too (:

30 seconds until freedom....I watch the clock as the seconds pass by each moment....Three, two, one... The bell rings and I grab my black backpack from the floor. Before Mrs. Greyer even has time to put the cap on her marker I have exited the room and left Algebra I behind me. Lockers slam shut and students chatter loudly as the school day has come to a close. I keep my head down and push my way through the mass of people crammed into this tiny hall.

"Hey, Parker!"A voice from behind calls my name.

All the more reason to move faster... I pretend like I didn't hear him calling my name and thrust my way into the crowd. When I finally reach my locker I fumble with the dial, trying to open it before he reaches me. All I need is my duffel bag...my History textbook...and Chemistry...I can't forget Chem....sophomore year is a piece of cake...My locker swings open and sling my duffel bag over my shoulder before grabbing my textbooks and binders. I feel a tickling in the back of my mind. Oh blast it...He found me... I slowly turn around and push my locker closed behind me. Click.

"Paarker!" The blond boy says to me while leaning on my personal locker.

I roll my eyes and resist the urge to jump to the ceiling and crawl away. It's not that Ethan is mean...I'm just not in the mood today....

"What do you want Ethan?" I say, feigning ignorance. I know exactly what he wants...

"You got plans after school?" He asks with a playful grin and his eyebrows raised.

"I plan to stay as far away from you as possible." A smirk crosses my face as I respond.

"Come on Parker! The gang and I are going to go see that new Star Wars movie...even Anne agreed to go!"

Of course...a couple weeks ago it was coffee now it's a film....

My converse squeak across the tile as I turn and start to walk away. Nice try Ethan...I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon...just because my friend is going doesn't mean I am....

"Parke-"

"Please Ethan, How many times do I have to tell you, my name is May? M-A-Y. If you are going to speak to me at least use my name correctly."

Ethan halts and speaks again, careful to pronounce my name. "MAY, Why won't you come with us? Why do you keep saying no?"

"Homework. I have homework Ethan. I'll tell you what, maybe next time if you give me a couple days heads' up I'll add it in my schedule and then maybe I can come."

And here we see the second generation of Parker and Thompson battling it out in the hallways of Midtown High, just add an Osborn and I think the collection will be complete....At least unlike my father, I don't have to deal with this Thompson trying to bully me, instead I've got a different type of attention.

Ethan thinks for a moment and fingers the strap of his backpack."How bout' next Friday? That gives you more than a week to prepare."

I bite my lip and try to think of a come back. Well you've gotten yourself into it now haven't you May?

"Get together the exact details and bring 'me to me tomorrow. Then I'll give you an answer."

Ethan smiles happily and starts to walk towards the gym, "Sound's great."

"Goodbye Ethan," I say with one final eye roll.

"Bye May," he says softly.

His persistence is kind of sweet....SHUT UP BRAIN...I need to get away from it all and frankly, I don't feel like going home. I pull out a piece of chewing gum and walk to set some distance between myself and the other high school students. I check behind me before walking into an alley directly off the sidewalk.  I thrust my binders and textbooks into my backpack. I dump the contents of my duffel bag onto the ground and quickly pull off my civilian clothing to reveal the Spider-Girl costume I am wearing underneath. I stuff my converse in the bag and swap them for the pair of red and black boots that go with my attire. A simple bun solves helps me tuck my hair into my mask. Spider-Girl is ready for action...

I cram my mostly empty duffel into my backpack and place it on my back. The walls on either side of me provide easy access to the roof. The roof is not as high as I would like it, but it will provide me with enough height to at least swing to a taller building. I throw myself off the edge and throw my hand into the air taking care to designate a finger to press my web shooters. The sparkling, white web becomes taunt and my entire weight is placed in my wrist and shoulder. I become the embodiment of a pendulum, allowing myself to be thrown forwards. I let go of the strand and grab ahold of the glass window pane of the large corporate building.

"Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Girl..." I murmur as I pull myself up, story by story.

The glass is almost blinding in the bright sunlight. I finally reach the rooftop and sit with my legs dangling over the edge. I oversee the land, searching and listening for anything that seems to be amiss. Oddly enough there doesn't seem to be anything wrong, at least that I can see. Normally there is some robbery or crime going on, but it is instead quiet. In a New York sort of way. My beautiful city.

I rummage through my backpack in search of my phone. I need to send my mom a message so that she knows I am alright. Dad isn't one to worry about me, but Mom on the other hand, she can't stand not knowing where I am. My phone...its not here...Drat...I must have left it plugged in. I need to get home now...I can't have her grounding me! I hurl myself off the ledge and allow myself to plummet towards the ground, enjoying the sensation that free fall gives me. At the last moment I catch myself with a web and use the momentum to fly across the street. I've timed it...I can get to my home in ten minutes if I hurry... Web after web I keep moving at a rapid pace. The home stretch! There it is!

Apparently I have not gone unnoticed because I hear some excitement from the street.

"Look Mama! It's Spider-Girl."

"Did you see that?"

"There she is!"

I duck into an alley and allow myself to drop behind a dumpster that will hopefully provide some cover for the fastest quick change of my life. I yank the sweater over my head and tug on my jeggings. I wrench off my boots and pull the converse onto my feet without even bothering to tie them. Once the costume is safely nestled in my backpack I exit the alley confidently. I turn to the left and walk towards my house.

"Hey kid! Did you see her?" A man wearing basketball shorts says while waving a phone camera around.

"Who?" I ask innocently.

"Spider-Girl!"

"Yeah I saw her, but she's gone now." I say giving him a half-smile.

I definitely saw her....Funny how people refuse to except that a kid could ever be their hero...

I speed walk the remaining distance to the house I am proud to call mine. The front door is locked so I give the doorbell a vigorous ring.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" My mom yells from inside.

I hear her slide the locks and bolts so she can pull the door open. Her long red hair is pulled into a tight bun and she wears a simple black dress.

"Welcome home baby!" She says as she pulls me into a hug.

"Thanks mom," I reply as I wriggle out of her arms.

"How was school today?"

"English test. Nailed it! I also managed to talk my way out of history homework, but other than that, nothing new."

She gives me a huge, proud grin. "Go freshen up, then I'll make us a snack and then I'll tell you about what happen to me at the theatre today. You'll never believe it."

I trek up the stairs to the attic which I have made my room. The door creaks open and I flip the lightswitch on so I can see. There, on the corner of my nightstand is my cellphone which I left here this morning. I pluck it off the desk and wake it up. 'You have five messages from Foggy....' I wonder what could be so important that would require her to send me so many texts. Though with Foggy you can never tell.. I unlock it and click on the messages icon.

Petra-
"Mayday, I'm on a mission....not sure when I'll be back. I was hoping you'd swing through Hell's Kitchen for me a couple times and make sure those scoundrels haven't made a move to take over my city...

How Petra manages to micromanage the stuffing out of that one little portion of NY has always amazed me...at least that's one part of the city I don't have to Patrol...except for tonight of course....I continue to read...

Also.

Not to alarm you or anything (you know I can't do subtle), but Ultron might be back...just thought you should know...from one guardian to another...

The Next Avengers are going to need your help.

Don't tell anyone else about this...I gtg. Stay safe."

My phone drops to the floor with a loud clatter. Foggy...where are you?

A/N: What did you guys think of May? She is a canon character that I have decided to add to my story (:

Also, many thanks to marvelous_author who helped me with characterization!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...
35.3K 696 32
Y/N Starks life isn't like your average teenager. Most kids her age are going to high school, going to partys, applying for collage... but Y/N? Y/N...
984K 28.9K 29
[CRINGE WARNING: wrote this a long time ago, so it contains a lot of stuttering and stuff but I will edit it soon] ~~~ Name: Y/n L/n Aka The Ice Quee...
84.4K 3.3K 45
❝ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴍᴀʏ ᴅᴇғᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴜʀɴ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪɴsᴜʟᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪɴᴊᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ, sʜᴀʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ʏᴏᴜ, ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ʀ...