She's In Love With A Geek

By notjustarandomgirl

Miss Perfect, Courtney Collins, has everything a teenage girl could ever wish for. She has the Pretty Face, P... More

She's In Love With A Geek
Chapter 1 - The Courtney Collins
Chapter 2 - Chad Treyson
Chapter 3 - The Drama Club President
Chapter 4 - The Queen Is In Trouble
Chapter 5 - The Queen VS The Geek
Chapter 6 - The Ultimate Prank
Chapter 8 - Wrong Move
Chapter 9 - Flirtutor
Chapter 10 - Backfired
Chapter 11 - Backfired, again
Chapter 12 - The Note
Chapter 13 - The Unhappy Queen
Chapter 14 - Shady Feelings
Chapter 15 - Something
Chapter 16 - Make It Real
Chapter 17 - Annabel Lee
Chapter 18 - Just Another Deal
Chapter 19 - Losing The Deal
Chapter 20 - Freaking Out
Chapter 21 - Attention
Chapter 22 - Unexpectedly
Chapter 23 - Damn
Chapter 24 - A Night To Remember
Chapter 25 - Different
Chapter 26 - Unbelievable
Chapter 27 - The Date
Chapter 28 - Can't Help Falling In Love
Chapter 29 - So Close
Chapter 30 - I Drive Myself Crazy
Chapter 31 - The Queen's Order
Chapter 32 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 33 - Karma
Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Chad Treyson
Chapter 35 - I Lost
Chapter 36 - He Knows
Chapter 37 - Best Friend vs Best Friends
Chapter 38 - Olivia
Chapter 39 - The Promise
Chapter 40 - Surprise!
Chapter 41 - I Told You So
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 42 - Hopes And Doubts
Chapter 43 - All Too Well
Chapter 44 - The Evil Queen
Chapter 45 - Karma Is A Bitch
Chapter 46 - Okay
Chapter 47 - Making Things Right
Chapter 48 - I Love You
Chapter 49 - The Lucky One
Chapter 50 - The Look
Chapter 51 - The Outsider
Chapter 52 - Someone To Talk To
Chapter 53 - Tug Of War
Chapter 54 - Stop This
Chapter 55 - I Believe You
Chapter 56 - The Queen Doesn't Care
Chapter 57 - The Worse Isn't Over
Chapter 58 - Messing With The Wrong Person
Chapter 59 - The Wicked Witch
Chapter 60 - The Real Queen
SHE'S IN LOVE WITH A GEEK BOOK
Chapter 61 - Karma Is Paying Off
Chapter 62 - The Fighter
Chapter 63 - Battles
Chapter 64 - The Beautiful Queen
Chapter 65 - Actions Speak Louder Than Words
BEFORE THE LAST CHAPTER
The Final Chapter

Chapter 7 - Dealing With The Queen

389K 8.3K 3.6K
By notjustarandomgirl

Thank you for reading this story =)

-----------

CHAPTER 7 – Dealing With The Queen

** CHAD’s POV **

These slushies were really getting into my head. I haven’t learned the art of removing these things; not yet, this was totally new to me.

I lowered my head; low enough to reach the flowing water in the men’s room sink and continued to wash away the excess slushies residing in my hair.

“Damn it!” I cursed.

It’s freakin’ cold! I’m having a brain freeze.

This isn’t working. There must be some other way to remove this thing. Flowing water is definitely out of the picture.

I closed the faucet, raised my head and looked myself in the mirror. I was surprised when I noticed that I wasn’t alone anymore. There was someone standing behind me, he looked worried.

“Running water won’t work on that, take this instead.” He handed me a dry towel but I just shook my head in disbelief.

“What are you doing here, man? I told you never to come close to me. You’ll be in trouble.”

“What the hell!” He shouted. “After what happened, you expect me to just stand there and watch you? What kind of best friend does that!” He then threw the dry towel to my face.

There is no use in arguing in a situation like this. I’m shivering already; it’s too damn cold! I took the towel and gently rubbed it to my face and hair.

So this is the trick to the slushies, huh. I thought to myself and then he continued talking now with a calm voice.

“What happened? Why so sudden the football team is after you?” He asked.

“They just run out of geek to torture with.” I lied casually.

“High school is really a bitch. Popular kids bully you for no reason. Good thing Courtney Collins was there to stop the trouble.”

I groaned in disbelief as Jackson, my best friend said that. That’s the reason why I don’t want to tell him the truth. He might not believe that his oh-so-precious queen Collins was the reason for these pathetic pranks.

“That’s what the others think, huh?” I was curious on how the others reacted in what happened a while ago at the hall.

“Yeah. I mean, wow! It’s the talk of the school. ‘Courtney Collins saved a geek in distress’. She’s pretty, rich, popular and more importantly, she has a heart to the needy.” Jackson said proudly. I snorted at this one.

Un-freakin’-believable.

That girl is really deceiving. Can’t anyone see that the reason why she’s standing there was because she’s watching me being humiliated? And what was her reason as to why she ordered everyone to stop laughing? Of course it is, without a doubt, to appear like she’s an angel sent from heaven to come and rescue the poor-little-geek!

Yeah, un-freakin’-believable!

I dried my hair with a scowl in my face. This is far from over, Courtney Collins. There is no way that you can have anything in the palm of your hands.

Well, I bet on my life that she was the reason why Jeremy left.  She used him. Maybe she asked for the copy of exam papers last year and promised something in return? Or threatened him? I don’t know what she did to that former SA, one thing I know, I’ll not give-in to her. I’ll do everything so that she’ll not have the copy of the papers and be stuck in this school for the rest of her life.

Since you made this school your kingdom, you should stay here forever and be a Senior and Queen for all your pathetic life. This is payback time, Courtney Collins. If you think you’re smart well I’m definitely smarter.

I grabbed my bag and about to leave, but then Jackson spoke up.

“Hey! Where are you going?”

“Class. There’s no stopping me from my education.” I simply replied.

“What’s the matter with you? Don’t be so hard on yourself. You act as if nothing happened. Chad, what happened a while ago was totally disgracing!”

I looked at him with serious expression on my face. “And what do you want me to do? Cry? Beg? Or what? Transfer school, again?” I barked.   

This situation fucked up, big time. And this is what Collins wants from me, to give up and gave in to her powers. Like hell that would happen.

I saw Jackson shook his head in disappointment. “You just don’t get it, do you? Why not be yourself and let the old Chad out!”

The old Chad out? The old me sucks!

“You don’t know what you’re talking about. I already---“

“If this has something to do with what happened before with Olivia---“

“Don’t. Just don’t.” I simply requested. He looked at me for a mere second; still hesitant if he will argue with me more but then I saw him shrugged and that’s the time I can say that he’ll not talk about her any further.

“I’ve known you long enough to know who you really are. I even followed you in this school. You’re smart. You can get out of this situation in no time. Just be who you really are.” He extended his fist to me and I lightly pounded it with mine. “If this thing is over, you know where to find me. Stick with Courtney, she’ll protect you.” He proposed.

I swear there is something wrong with his suggestion.

I wanted to laugh out loud right on the spot but then Jackson looks serious. Collins will protect me? She’s the mastermind of this bullying! Oh Jackson, if only you knew.

“Well I don’t need that and the queen. The old me can easily be manipulated, but the new me will never let his guard down.“ I tried to hold back the fits of laughter that’s about to escape. I bid my goodbye and took my retreat.

* * * * *

The classes went well. It’s as if nothing happened at the hall. It seems like everything’s back to normal in a weird way.

After the class has ended I went to my locker and grabbed my camera. I decided to my SA duties for today and made my way to the school’s backyard, my secret world.

BHHS’s backyard is so peaceful. Its green field completes the beauty of the surrounding. You can say that the gardener really took his job seriously. The flowers and trees were well groomed.

I can’t see any students hang out here. Maybe this is not the ideal place to hangout anymore. They’d rather be in Starbucks sipping coffee and gossiping.

But for me, this was probably the best place to relax. I lie down in my usual spot, under the big oak tree. I took a deep breath and listened to the sound of the wind. Surely the best place to forget all the worries and problems you have in mind, so serene.

As I looked up, I saw a small bird came in to one of the tree’s branch. I took out my camera and started focusing the lens to it. Of course lying down is the best position to shoot this. I was about to click the shutter but interrupted by an unfamiliar figure blocking the view of the bird. I immediately took away my camera to see what could it be.

You’ve got to be kidding me! I said in my thought as I saw who it was.

“So you still have the nerve to show up? You really don’t know when to give up, do you?”

** COURTNEY’s POV **

Class is almost over and I’m still haunted by what happened at the hall. It’s so peculiar for me to see stuff like that. I’ve never gone that far enough because I always get whatever I want from the very beginning. 

But not this time.

So this is how it feels like to be a real mean girl, a real bitch. But why am I not feeling any pleasure from this?

In movies, when the popular kids were messing around with the normal one and making their lives miserable, they laugh and really enjoyed it. But how come I don’t!

I can’t even smile and look at myself in the mirror. I felt so ashamed and at the same time disappointed at myself.

Worst part was, all the students thought that I just saved the day! Were they mocking me? I can’t take credit from that when all I know is that I’m the reason why Max did that to Chad.

Speaking of which, I wanted to know how Chad was doing. Is he all right? I have to make sure he was okay. It’s not that I was concerned at about his situation; all I wanted was to end this guilt that I’m feeling right now.

After a few minutes the school bell rang, signaling the end of the class. I packed my things and hurriedly went out of the room. I have to find him I immediately went to the faculty area to see if he’s doing his usual errand boy duty. But much to my disappointment, he’s not.

Luckily when I pass by the hallway, I saw him standing in front of his locker and grabbing his… wait what was that? Is that a camera?

I wanted to approach him right away but then I realized that it wasn’t the right place to confront him, so I decided to follow him to grab the perfect opportunity to talk to him, alone.

He kept on walking to somewhere I don’t recognize. I held my fair share of distance so that my presence was unnoticed. Where is he heading? Is this still part of the school’s property? With all those trees and flowers, I think we’re in a different place.

He stopped at the big old tree and lay down. I saw him closed his eyes, was he planning to take a nap in a place like this? He sure was one strange guy.

I wanted to come closer but then I don’t have any idea on what will I say to him or do. So I decided to prepare the speech I’m going to say to him. It took me ten minutes of rehearsing and deep breathing before I headed to his spot.

I silently walked towards him; there I saw that he’s not sleeping. He’s busy concentrating on something with his camera. What was that? I walked closer and stood above him. I leaned and blocked the view where he was focusing his camera.

He took off his camera from his face and there I saw him grimaced. So he’s not happy to see me, huh?

“So you still have the nerve to show up? You really don’t know when to give up, do you?”

Actually, I really don’t know what I’m doing here. I'm not used to chasing someone to apologize you know. But this guilt-trip feeling is ruining my mind. All I know was, I have to end this feeling, but how?

"Y-yeah. About… that. You see… I." Wait. Am I stuttering? Why am I stuttering?

He sat up and I sat down behind him, facing his back.

"What do you want Collins? Still have some dirty plans in mind? Go ahead do it while no one’s watching." He said in a cold tone.

"What? Look, it's not what you think. That slushie-thing was not my idea. In fact, all of the pranks were not mine. I haven't thought of any of that." I defended myself.

"Whatever. It's still your fault." 

I rolled my eyes at his retort. This guy is totally putting all the blame on me. "Hey! How can it be my fault? I didn't do anything. I didn’t throw you a single slushie, I didn’t lock you up in the janitor's closet, I didn’t shove your head in a -"

"You're so unbelievable Collins. Still has the nerve to defend yourself?" He clicked the shutter of his camera and then he continued talking. "You still believe that if you didn't do the act, you're innocent? Haven't you realized that if you didn't start this shit, none of this would’ve happened. Remember what you did in the assembly-"

After hearing that he's trying to bring up the assembly incident again, I immediately cut him off.

"The assembly again? That was so four months ago Chad! Come on, move on!" I exasperated my hands in the air.

"You want me to move on? Then, leave me alone." He answered coldly. That tone again.

"You may think that everything was my fault but truth is, I was trying to save you! You may not believe me but I tried to stop Max from doing the slushie thing to you. I even looked for you to warn you about his plan."

“Oh yeah, I forgot. The ‘Courtney Collins saved a geek in distress’ act. That’s one good acting skill you got there. I bet the reason as to why you’re here is because you want to prove to me that you’re capable of doing evil things and still appear as an angel and role model in front of the other. You might fool them, but not me.”

What the hell is wrong with him? Can’t he see that I’m trying my best to make amends! Oh this geek is so infuriating!

"Why are you doing this to me, Chad? I'm here trying to make things clear. I’m not acting and it’s not my fault that people think of me as an angel or whatever. They’re just appreciating my act of stopping them from laughing and throwing slushies to you! Is that even a crime?”

He didn’t answer. He just continued to click the shutter of his cam and never paid any attention to the things I said. I’m starting to lose my patience here, Treyson!

“Why are you giving me this cold treatment, huh? I mean, why do you hate me so much, Treyson?" I asked with irritation obvious in my tone.

"I don't hate you Collins. I just don't like you." He simply answered, and seriously that made me laugh.

"You don't like me? That's impossible. Everybody likes me! Everybody loves Courtney Collins." I said proudly.

He finally turned around and faced me. "Not everybody, you're forgetting about me." He said with a smirk.

My laughter died at his blasé answer.

What's not to like about me? I'm perfect! I’m pretty, rich, popular… everyone wants to be like me, and to be with me. Is this guy blind?

"That's impossible Chad. I'm sure you're attracted to me, you're just scared to admit it yourself." I confidently told him while raising my brow.

He laughed and turned his body away from me.

"What's so funny? Are you laughing because I was right? About you liking me secretly?" I teased. Oh this is going to be good. I’m really good with reverse psychology thingy. I’m pretty sure that there’s something behind Chad hating on me.

"Think whatever you want. I'm still not attracted to you." He said while laughing, again.

What is wrong with him? How could he say that he’s not attracted to me so casually? To top it all, he said it with a laugh. It’s as if he’s mocking me. Making me feel that I’m not attractive. He should have at least thought that I’m pretty. This isn’t funny at all!

You'll pay for this.

It’s impossible for a guy like him, the geek with no standards, to not fall or be attracted to a girl like me, good-looking and charming. And then with that, an idea came into my head.

"Ok Chad Treyson, if you really claim that you’re not attracted to me, which I find very impossible to believe, let’s make a deal out of it. I'll make you fall in love with me. If you do, I win. And if I won, you'll give me the copy of the exam papers. So what do you think?" I grinned as I said those words.

The moment I completed my sentence he turned to me and said. "Are you out of your mind? Seriously?” Now he finally stopped laughing! Now it’s my turn to do the evil laugh.

"Yes I'm a hundred percent serious. Oh, don't tell me you can't make the deal because you're already in love with me." I stared closely; the grin was still in place.

"You've got to be kidding me." He looked away as if avoiding my eyes.

Oh this is it, I'm finally winning.

"Wait. Unless you can't stand the fact that you may be wrong and you're afraid to lose, Chad pretty-girl-hater Treyson." I said while leaning closer to him.

"Fine! Whatever!" He said avoiding my eyes again. 

I leaned back and smiled victoriously. Oh you're going down Treyson, you are going down. I can make any guy fall for me in a snap. You’re making things so easy, Chad. I can finally have the papers and get my life back.

My smile disappeared the moment I saw him smirked. At the moment, I knew something was up. I was surprised when he leaned towards me, close enough that I can’t even breathe. Is he going to kiss me? No freakin way!

“What if you fell for me instead?” He asked softly. My eyes widened at his daring question and his bold move! Damn it! Why is my heart beating fast!

“What are you talking about? There’s no way I’d fall in love with you. Geez!” I leaned back and looked away. Why am I feeling nervous all of a sudden!

“But what if you did?” He asked again but I shook my head indicating a no answer. He leaned back and continued. “Okay, let’s make this deal real. If you make me fall in love with you, I'll give you the exam papers. But if you fell for me first, then you lose.” He said while examining me with his eyes.

Damn it Treyson! Stop staring at me!

“So what’s the catch?” I rolled my eyes and gathered every nerve in my body to look sternly at him, to wait for his answer.

“What do you mean catch?” He said in a confused tone.

“What happens if you win? If you ever win this deal, which I highly doubt.”

“Well there is one thing that I wanted you to do.” He wiggled his brows playfully.

“No way! Pervert! Don’t you dare!” I leaned back and guarded my body.

Another burst of laugh came out. “No! I don’t like you, right? So why would I ever like your body? You’re so funny Collins.” This was really embarrassing. I can feel my face turning into a ripe red tomato! “What I wanted you to do is simply join the drama club and --–“

Before he even finished his sentence, I immediately interrupted him “Oh no way Chad Treyson. No Freakin way! I won’t join your stupid Drama club! No way!” I shrieked.

Seriously, what is wrong with his brain?

“So, unless you can't stand the fact that you may be wrong and you're afraid to lose, Courtney, geek-hater, Collins.”

What was that? He’s imitating me? He just repeated the same sentence I told him a while ago. This geek!

“No. Of course not! No. No. No. Dream on Chad!” I looked away to avoid his intimidating stare. I can’t believe I’m loosing a staring contest to an unpopular kid! Having this conversation with him was totally a bad idea. I should have let the guilt ate me!

“Ok. So it’s settled. First person to fall in love, lose.” He stood up and extended his hand to help me get up. I was kinda surprised that he’s still being a gentleman despite the bad things I did to him. Maybe he’s really a kind hearted person in reality. Geeks in movies were like that, right? I accepted it and felt his soft and warm hand.

As we both stood up, facing each other, one question poops up in my head.

“How can we tell if the person is falling in love?”

“Good question.” Chad said. He pinched the bridge of his nose as if thinking of something. “I got it. The first person to say I love you, lose.” He said with a proud smile.

“Come on. That’s pathetic. I mean… you can fake your feelings. You can even hide it. How will I know that you’re just in denial or keeping it to yourself?” I folded my arms at his senseless suggestion. He's smart but he didn’t saw this loophole.

“Not if the silent feelings were haunting you, making you feel uncomfortable and giving you sleepless nights for ignoring them. For sure, you’ll let those three strong words let out of your mouth unknowingly.” He finished with an overconfident smile.

I was taken aback by this. He’s acting as if he will win this deal. Well, I wouldn’t let that happen. I’m so good at this. Sooner or later, those silent feelings will make him feel uneasy and give him sleepless nights! He will let those three strong words out in no time.

“So, first person to say I Love You, lose and face the agreed consequences.” He extended his hand and looked at me. “Deal?”

I took his hand, closed it with a shake and said the word I know I'll never regret.

“Deal!”

I’ll make you fell head-over-heels on me, Chad Treyson.

I’m positive about that.

He smiled and walked away but not before he said his annoying last words that made me want to strangle him. “Looking forward to those three words from you soon, Collins!”

I scrunched my face in pure annoyance as he took his departure.

I’m not going to fall in love with you Chad Treyson.

I’m not going to fall in love with a geek!

--- END OF CHAPTER SEVEN ---

FACEBOOK FANPAGE = Notjustarandomgirl

TWITTER = notarandomgirl

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW and PROMOTE

Thank you! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 5.2K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
142K 4.1K 28
On his last year at the United States Military Academy as a foreign cadet, Julio Miguel Bustamante of the Philippines became the first Asian to hold...
4.2K 134 17
Alexis has fallen for the school bad boy. They are complete opposites but she couldnt help herslef. She just had to get a 'taste' of the badboy. Afte...
3.5K 256 45
Everything was perfect until... it wasn't. Winter has gone out of her way to make sure her family friends and school friends never met. Her friends s...