His Fake Girlfriend

By RealityCheck101

BOOK 2! **Must read My Paid Boyfriend before reading this!** You know the story of Jeremy and Sky. How Sky l... More

Chapter 1- Situation in Reverse
Chapter 2- The Fake Girlfriend
Chapter 3- Road Trip
Chapter 5- There's A Reason For Everything
Chapter 6- Lesson Learning 101
Chapter 7- Actions and Emotions
Chapter 8- Extremely Awkward
Chapter 9- Pull Yourself Together
Chapter 10- Let Her Go
Chapter 11- Dog Days
Chapter 12- Keep Your Eyes Wide Open
Chapter 13- Blue Dinner
Chapter 14- Brotherly Love
Chapter 15- McClam's
Chapter 16- The Stories We Tell
Chapter 17- Bare Your Soul
Chapter 18- Illusion
Chapter 19- A Family That Bonds
Chapter 20- Out In The Open
Chapter 21- Change
Chapter 22- I Won
Chapter 23- Epilogue

Chapter 4- Serendipity

161K 3.4K 996
By RealityCheck101

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 4- Serendipity 

*Sky’s POV*

We sat for another hour in that truck after the gas station stop. That hour alone was more pleasant than the whole car ride alone. What was meant to be a two and a half hour car ride, turned into roughly nine hours. I know what you're thinking. Holy fucking cheese balls, that's like quadruple the time! Yeah well now you understand why I hated long road trips; because I just make them a whole lot longer. But the one hour or so stuck in traffic wasn't my fault and neither was.... Ok stopping to eat was all on me, and so were the coffee stop and the tent stop, and the extra gas slash potty stop. 

But I just couldn't do it. Honestly, I couldn't suck it up and face Jeremy's family. To me it was just that hard. I shouldn't have thought so much about it because when we walked through the front door the only one to great us was Mrs. Coleman. She gave Jeremy hugs and kisses for two minutes straight- I'm not joking it was that long- then quickly saw me and sobered up. She smiled and introduced herself, giving me a light hug, telling me how great it is to meet me. She even told me how pretty I looked even though I felt like trash and in desperate need of a shower. 

Jeremy left our bags by the stairs and Mrs. Coleman set us up with dinner that she made just a few short hours ago. She said it wasn't much but it was plenty good. I couldn't stop eating her salad. I had two bowls and then remembered there was an actual meal. We didn't stay chatting long and she apologized for that. Tonight was the last episode of Grey's Anatomy and she really wanted to watch it. She said we'd talk later though. We have all week to talk. Those words worried me. 

Mr. Coleman wasn't present. I assumed he was working, which seemed weird because it was already eight but some people do work late I guess. I didn't have time to ask Jeremy because once his mom left he asked me if I wanted to shower and I jumped right at it. Once I put my dishes in the dish washer I lifted my suitcase up the small set of stairs that led to the second floor. 

Jeremy showed me the guest room first and told me I could shower in the bathroom down the hall since no one was using it. I took a long steamy shower, washing my hair thoroughly and scrubbing my skin with soap. I changed in the bathroom into my cotton, black and white, polka dotted pants and white t-shirt. I cleaned my mess in the bathroom and went back to the guest room organizing and setting up my things. 

When I was done I went down the hall and stood in front of Jeremy's closed door. I knocked two times waiting to be called in. I squeezed my hair in the white towel in my hands trying to squeeze out as much water access as I could. When I got the Ok I turned the knob to the right slowly opening the door. I stood in the middle of the door way still holding the door knob as I looked around his room. Dark navy blues and some splashes of red were the main colors of his room. A full bed was planted in the middle of the room with two night stands on each side. Jeremy was lying on his bed wearing glasses and a book in his hand. 

"You can just leave it by the desk mom, thanks." He mumbled flipping the page, engrossed in his thick novel. 

"Not your mom." I giggled lightly walking into his room. I close the door half way and dig my toes in the carpet liking the way it felt between my toes, "I thought you didn't read books?" I grinned running my fingers over a framed photo of the family. They all matched wearing white shirts and jeans at the beach, smiles on each one of their faces. 

"I'm not reading for fun." Jeremy denied quickly shaking his head and putting the book down, "No this is uh-"

Book two of The Game of Thrones was now out of his hands and on his night side table. I smirked looking at him as I picked up the book, "I don't think the business slash law world cares about royalty from back in the days." I mentioned dropping it back in his lap, "I didn't know you wore glasses too." I added; laughing I also just had to add, "Nerd."

We both smiled at each other and laughed. I sat on the edge of his bed with the towel on my lap facing him, "I didn't know that was you at the door. Otherwise I would have fixed up a bit." He winked crossing his arms over his chest. I had to admit he looked even hotter-if that was possible- wearing thick black nerd glasses. He's one hot nerd. He took off his glasses setting them down on the night stand by his bed, "Hey I've been meaning to talk to you about something." He said shyly, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Sure what is it?" I asked folding my hands in my lap delicately. It must be something serious, he looks serious.

"It's about that night after New York, in the parking lot at College. I really meant-"

"Oh... yeah, we don't have to talk about that." I said quickly interrupting with a shake of my head and a nervous chuckle. I played with the ends of my hair nervously looking away and then slowly back at him. 

"Are we ever going to talk about it?" I didn't answer him. He looked sad for a moment but at the moment I really couldn't care. I mean I know where this was heading I just didn't want to hear what he had to say about us. If there was even an us but the thing is there isn't. Jeremy Coleman doesn't want a girl like me, not really. He wants someone who acts like me because it’s what makes his parents happy. He closed his mouth and looked away. 

"So your mom, she's really nice. You kind of look like her." I said making up conversation.

He grinned slightly rubbing the back of his neck, "Yeah I think she likes you too. She thinks I should have brought you home sooner." He faintly chuckled bring his knees up to his chest and wrapping his arms around.

I only talked to his mom for an hour. Once Jeremy parked his truck in the driveway, the clock almost striking seven, we went inside and found his mom in a robe with a cup of tea waiting for us on the stairs.  Everyone else was nowhere to be found. Julia was at the neighbor’s house having a sleepover. Josh was at a soccer party which Jillian was picking him up at. We didn't talk much; nothing exciting either. But in general so far Maura- Mrs. Coleman- seemed like a very nice lady. 

"How do you do it?" I wondered, "Parents tell you how nice you are, they start to like you and you win them over. But yet you know it's all a lie and you won't see them again. How do you get past that?" I sighed rubbing my eyes, "You're mom is so sweet I hate knowing that I'm lying to her." I admitted softly. I shouldn't have agreed. I was getting too clingy about this. 

I became a nervous wreck in that car. I hated the guilty feeling that was placed in my stomach by just knowing that I was lying. Just by walking in and nodding my head when Mrs. Coleman gasped and said, "So you're the lovely girlfriend that Jeremy's been hiding." I have no experience in this like Jeremy has. To Jer, it's probably easy for him to lie to a parent, or maybe he's gotten used to it. But to me, just to look at an innocent, happy parental face crushed me. I couldn't convince myself once in the car ride that I could do this. And no matter how hard I tried to delay the trip I couldn't keep it up forever and I didn't want to get Jeremy any angrier than he easily gets.

"You just get use to the fact after a while; you shouldn't get attached because nothing is real about what you do." Jeremy said with a shrug; telling me from experience, "Remember what I told you in the car. Just be yourself. I don't expect any more or any less."

"How can you lie to your family? How could you ask me to lie? Jeremy Talon, what on Earth are we doing?" Cue the hyperventilating.  What did I get myself into?!

"Sky calm down there is nothing to freak out about." Jeremy said quickly and quietly to me, holding me by both arms, "Listen to me. Forget about everything you heard about me. Forget about everything about paid or fake dates. Just. Be. You. That's all you have to do. That's the part I'm asking you to play, alright?" I slowly nod my head, gripping onto the towel like it was a stress ball. I could do that. Just be me. I don't have to lie. Just be me, nothing else just put on a smile, and be myself, be Jeremy's friend... Or very close friend. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. Maybe I just need to sleep on it. I'm just thinking too much. 

I sighed nodding my head, assuring him that I was indeed alright. I reached out for a hug, wrapping my arms around his neck and inhaling that strong and manly cologne that I recognized he wore often. He rubbed my back comfortably, pressing his cheek to the side of my head. His embrace was warm and tight and it was exactly what I needed. I was craving for a hug; I needed this hug for some reason. I didn't want to let go. 

Moments later a knock came at the door. I quickly pulled away just in time to see the door slowly open. A pretty blond, a few inches shorter than me, with brown eyes identical to Jeremy's walked in the room with a confused look, crossing her arms over her chest with her car keys still in hand. She must be Jill...

"You must be Jill, Jeremy's sister. It's nice to meet you." I greeted getting off the bed. I stood in front of her with my outstretched hand waiting for her to shake it. 

Her eyes darted to Jeremy and then back to me, "You're the girlfriend?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow. My throat tightened at the accusation. I only nodded with a grin on my face, "Nice to meet you then." She said taking my hand. 

"Like wise." I replied with kindness. 

"Sky and I go to College together." Jeremy informed briefly, "Where's Josh?" He asked getting up from his bed too. 

"He hopped in the shower. He said he'll see you after he's finished." Jillian answered pointing over her shoulder. 

"You miss me, sis?" Jeremy smiles teasingly to Jill as he leans against the wall next to me a few feet away. 

Smirking Jill replied, "I like having a bathroom to myself." She snorted, "Oh and of course I miss sharing the responsibility of driving the rug rats around. I might as well open my own chauffeur business." 

"Yep love you too. Miss having you around blah, blah, blah." Jeremy replied back sarcastically. 

"Glad you do but I'm perfectly happy. By the way, I took up space in one of your bathroom draws." Jill added in. I softly chuckled listening to them bicker. She began walking out the room but then turned around biting her lip, "Ok maybe two draws." She admitted. 

"Get out of my room." Jeremy said chuckling at the end, "You better clear out some space for me then!" He shouted after her. 

"Nah." She replied back once she was down the hall. 

"She's divine isn't she?" Jeremy commented sarcastically. 

I chuckled; I’ve always wanted a sister. Not that my brother and I have a bad relationship and we want to get rid of each other, but we don’t have a perfect relationship either. I just always wanted a sister to make my mini-me. Jeremy flopped back on his bed with a yawn. He sighed rubbing his eyes glancing at his book again. 

I smiled getting up from his bed, "I should go to bed. It’s my first big day with your family tomorrow." Jeremy weakly and non-enthusiastically cheered. I chuckled grabbing the glasses off his table checking them out. He grinned as I slipped them on his face and put the book back on his lap, "You look cute with glasses on." I whispered before kissing his check, "Good night Jer." I said waving him goodbye as I walked out his room. 

"Night Sky." I smiled closing the door behind me walking to my room. Making my way back Jeremy’s mom was making her way to her room.

She was babbling away on the phone excitedly, giggling until she spotted me, “Oh I got to go. It’s getting late. Good night dear. Bye, talk to you soon.” She sighed putting the phone away in her robe pocket then smiled at me, “Hi Skylar, sorry we didn’t talk much I’ve been waiting all week for that last episode!” Mrs. Coleman gushed with a light smile.

“Oh it’s Ok Mrs. Coleman that’s not a problem.” I assured her quickly. It was her house she could do whatever she wanted.

“Would you like a cup of tea?” She asked politely holding up her mug. All though a cup of tea sounded perfect right now I didn’t want to burden her, “You want a cup of tea, I know you do.” She chuckled, “Follow me.” She said waving her hand as she heads to the stairs. Well I’m not going to say no now.

I followed her down the stairs, through what I guessed was the living room since there was a Plasma screen TV hung on one wall and two dark brown couches facing it. A dark brown area rug, with gold and light blue circles was in the middle of the room between the couches. There was a small table at the end of the couch with candles and frames on it. Also in the room was a fire place on one wall with two windows on each side and an even large window across the room. The walls were painted a light gray and it was just a lovely, beautiful decorated living room.

"Sit on the couch I'll be right out with the tea." Mrs. Coleman offered with a smile. I sat on the couch as she turned on the TV and left leaving the channel with a TV show mid-way through, "You can change the channel." She told me from the kitchen.

"Ok." I replied, turning the channel to a movie; How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. It's a must watch just want to throw it out there.

The scene that it was already on was when Matthew McConaughey's character was taking a first look at his newly decorated pink bathroom. Say goodbye to your bachelor pad, Ben. Hahaha!

"Here we go- Oo! Is this How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days?" Mrs. Coleman asked setting down the tray of tea.

"Yeah it was already playing." I tell her as she hands me a little box. I open it to reveal assortments of tea bags of all different flavors. There was green tea, mint tea, Lipton tea, strawberry tea, citrus tea, herb tea, Oo passion fruit tea. That sounds like a good night sleep.

"Here is sugar and cream if you want some." She points out taking little sips of hers, "Usually Jill comes down for tea. Did you meet Jill yet?" She asks politely sitting on the couch not that close to me.

"I did." I chuckled, "Somewhat."

"And Josh?"

"No, Jill said he went to take a shower." I told her with a light shake of my head. I put two sugars and a dollop of cream.

"Ah, you'll see him in the morning before he goes to soccer practice hopefully. I'm already sorry in advance for the way he behaves." Mrs. Coleman tells me timidly with a grimace.

"It's alright." I tell her with a chuckle. I stir my tea and sit back on the couch taking a small sip. Wow, this is good!

"Julia should be back tomorrow morning. She's just next door having a sleepover. I told her to stay so she could meet you, she was excited to know that Jeremy was bringing someone from College, but they're having a Twilight movie marathon thing going on or something. Painting their nails and pigging out. Some girls stuff." She said waving her hand.

"Prank calls, gossip, and staying up late. I miss being a teenager." I commented.

"When you're young you can't wait to grow up and then you realize that getting old sucks." She mentions correctly.

I laugh for a bit, I never thought she'd say 'getting old sucks ' Yes getting old does suck but I still never get used to adults talking like they're adolescents. Maybe because I never heard Macy talk like that; or my dad. They’re always so formal.

"It's truly does. You don't know how great it is being a kid until you start having to think about grades, jobs, colleges, careers and all that other stuff." I add, circling the rim of my mug nervously. I was always fidgety when I'm nervous.

Mrs. Coleman smiled looking over my head, “Are you going to come down and say hello young man?” She spoke. I looked behind me, leaning on the banister I assumed the teenage boy was Josh, peering through the wooden railing bars on the stairs. He looked slightly like a little Jeremy, to me that was beyond freaky because we didn’t need another Jeremy in this world, one was more than enough. He had the same brown eyes that everyone in the family had. Josh had darker hair than Jeremy though, cropped, windswept, chocolate colored hair.  The one difference that Josh has that Jeremy doesn’t have is the thousand little freckles on his face.

Josh looked at me; with a little smirk on the corners of his lips he nodded his head at me, “Sup.” He simply said.

“Hi.” I replied waving my hand. He turned around right after and disappeared down the hallway upstairs. I heard his voice mumbling something and then the sound of a door cut him off. Footsteps echoed the hallway and Jillian appeared in view, trotting down the stairs in cheetah print pajama pants and a black tee shirt. Her wavy blond hair came down a little passed her shoulders. She made the going to sleep appearance look well.

“Want to join us for tea, Jill?” Mrs. Coleman asked her daughter as she walked over to us in the living room.

“Sure, why not. I have nothing better to do.” She sighed grabbing a cup from the tray.

“Jillian,” Mrs. Coleman said in a warning tone to her. Oh do I know that parental warning tone so well now. That’s all I heard from my father for years. Jill made her tea and sat on the other couch with a blanket and looked over to the movie.

 It was quiet for a while as we listened and watched the movie. I didn’t mind it at all. In that moment I felt comfortable curled up on the couch, watching a girly movie with my cup of tea with Jeremy’s mom and sister. Strange you say? To me it slightly was because I never sat down with Macy and just relaxed and watched a movie. In the few hours that I’ve come to know Maura I started to love her, I started to feel the maternal, motherly vibe she was extracting. It’s something I rarely felt, so I just smiled, and enjoyed the simple and sweet moment.

*Jeremy’s POV*

After Sky said good night and went to her room I snatched the book off the table and put my glasses back on. Sue me, I do read, and I haven’t been able to read since winter break because dare I bring this to College and it becomes a distraction or my roommate finds out I enjoy reading. I got half way through a chapter when a knock came to my door. This time I looked up, put my glasses and book down and put my phone in my hands.

When the person came through I realized it was only Josh, “Oh, it’s just you.” I muttered dropping my phone and grabbing my glasses, “What’s up kid?” I smiled to my kid brother Josh. He defiantly grew since the last time I saw him. I pray that this kid won’t grow taller than me because that would be just sad.

“So you’re back, huh?” He mentions sitting on my bed.

“Just for the week, it’s spring break. I thought I’d come see you guys.” I tell him plainly leaving out some details.

He snorted shaking his head, “I’m not dumb you know. I heard mom asking you to come, it’s not like you wanted to.”

“So you can hear mom’s voice?” I say in a sarcastic manner.

He scrunched up his face and looks at me confused, “What’s that supposed to mean?” He asks bringing his knees up to his chest like me.

“We can talk more about that later. Until then, what’s going on? You don’t text me every day like you used to when I first left.” I say to him lightly with a chuckle.

He shrugs his shoulders looking away, “I don’t know. You started getting busy and caught up with College so I slacked off. Plus, I kind of lost my phone…”

“Again,” We both said in harmony. We laugh and I shake my head at him. Josh is only thirteen and this is his second phone he’s lost. Good thing they haven’t been expensive smart phones otherwise my mom would gut him like a fish.

“So I also heard you brought a girl home. Where is she?” He asks, “In the closet?” He nods his head over to the closet doors. I chuckle shaking my head, “Under the bed?” then he lies on his stomach and looks under my bed, “Oh, I get it she’s one of those imaginary invisible girlfriends.” He comments still looking under the bed upside down.

I laugh, “Shut up.” I tell him, pushing him off the bed with my foot.

He lands on his back with an ‘oaf’, and groans, “Not cool man.” He whines lying on the floor with his eyes closed, “No wonder you can’t get a girlfriend. You’re rude.”

“Then explain to me why I have a girlfriend named, Sky?”

“Oh I get it. I have a girlfriend friend too. Her name is Cloud. Do you think they’re sisters?”

“Looks like someone is trying to be a comedian, eh?” I chuckle throwing one of my pillows at him. He gets up off the ground pulling his shirt down as he leaves my room, “Where are you going?” I call to him.

“Find this fake girlfriend of yours.”

 The dude doesn’t know how right he is by saying that.

I roll my eyes letting him go as I go back to reading my book. With the door open now I can hear my mother’s voice talking about my brother and a moment later Josh saying one word. Placing my finger on the page and closing the book I listen carefully thinking I heard Sky’s voice.

Jill walks by my room with a big smile on her face, in some ridiculous cheetah print pants and giving me the middle finger, “So glad you’re back little bro.”

“Hey I’ve got a present for you sis.” I tell her. She stops in front of my door just long enough for me to give her the middle finger back. I laugh and she smirks shaking her head, “You’ve got to admit it was good.” I tell her as she leaves.

Josh comes back to my room smirking at me, “She’s hot.” He says and closes the door behind him, “That’s your girlfriend?” He says doubtfully to me. I nod my head once with a grin on my face. He laughs once, holding it back, “How? She’s hot and well… You’re not.” He laughs uncontrollably. I throw another pillow at him and he throws back easily, “Did you pay her to be your girlfriend? Like no way dude.”

I know what you’re thinking. Two jokingly comments but all so true comments. Does little Joshua know? Hell no!

“No I didn’t pay her, freckle face.” I joke sticking my tongue at him. I chuckle and watch his face drop.

“You jerk.” He mutters walking away all humor and smiles vanish.

“Really kid?” I question, sobering up slightly but still smiling playful to him. He doesn’t say a word as he opens the door and leaves. Ok, that was unexpected.

I narrow my eyes to the door way, waiting for him to jump back in my room and yell ‘sucker’ and laugh in my face; but he never did. Instead I heard his bedroom door close. I got up from my bed and put my book aside and looked down the hall. He was really gone… what the hell ha-

Next I heard the sound of someone’s laughter. And I knew these sounds of laughter very well. They came from my sister, mother, and most of all Sky. With a look of confusion I walked over to the banister and looked over to the living room. On one couch Jill was cuddling with a blanket and mug watching TV. On the other couch sat my mom and Sky, sharing a blanket and sipping from cups laughing at the screen.

To see a smile on Sky’s face brought a smile to mine. It was good seeing her smile. Just hours ago she was freaking out thinking she couldn’t do this or pull it off, and now look at her. I knew she could do it; all she had to do was be herself and not stress about it.

I wasn’t going to be one of those guys and walk in there and ruin the moment and break it up. So instead I walked away, back in my room, and continued to enjoy reading my Game of Thrones book.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Pic of Kaley Cuoco as Jillian Coleman

Comment! Vote! FAN!-XOLuvKelsey&Kylie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341 4 25
Zoe's down on her luck. Her father is in of surgery. Her rent is overdue, and she is drowning in debt. Her friend offers her a job as a call girl. Sh...
954K 18.6K 39
"I have a proposal for you, one which I know that you'll like." "Go on," she said. "I want you to be my fake girl friend, this way you'll also gain...
34.8K 819 46
This is a sequel, so read "Dating a YouTuber?!" first. I wholeheartedly loved and trusted Nate despite having known him less than a year. I had a mil...
4.6K 109 54
"No I'm not dealing with your shit." "No more tutoring sessions." "Deal." - Summer, a high schooler, at Parkview university. She's perfect, blonde, b...