πš•πšžπšŒπš’πšπšŽπš›'𝚜 πšπšŠπš›πš•πš’οΏ½...

By kkeywrites

NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON: SAMPLE AVAILABLE When you wake up with no memories whatsoever in a place you've nev... More

w a r n i n g s
p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l ve
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t w o m i l l i o n ?!
PLOT TWIST!
free goodies !
ready, set, launch!

s e v e n

61.2K 2.7K 605
By kkeywrites

|Seven|

I awoke the next morning feeling radiant. Jagged lines of light entered through the open glass window to the left of the room and as the sunlight brushed over my pillow, so did the sweet memories of last night. It was nice, bonding with Lucifer. I mean, we only played cards but it was relaxing, simple and something I could see myself doing again.

His company was already starting to affect me. It was like tasting warm, melted homemade chocolate. Once you had licked the spoon - you wanted more. And in those early moments, you don't care that it will make you feel sick later on.

Does that mean he was already winning?

The only thing bothering me was Lucifer's tendency to break previous Angels hearts. It was like an uncomfortable prodding, every time I thought about it. I didn't want to be another failed Angel who Lucifer could cross off and move onto the next. I wanted to be the one Angel who would complete her destiny, successfully.

"Are you going to see Lucifer later?" Raphael asked, coming out of his room just as I was coming out of mine.

"I don't know." I shrugged, pulling the loose hairband from my hair. "Should I? Is it healthy to go visit the Devil every day?"

"Probably not," Raphael chuckled, buttoning up his shirt sleeves.

"You look dressed up. Are you going anywhere fancy today?"

"Just a board meeting with the other archangels. We're going to have an audio call with the Fates. I'll let you know how it goes. Remember to have breakfast." Raphael explained, jogging down the steps ahead of me.  I barely had time to reply before the two double doors of the Dome had opened and shut with a soft thud.

Bye then.

The other Archangels had presumably left already. I didn't see any other Angel reside in the Dome anyway. I presumed they lived in the other buildings in the Light Paradox.

Entering the grey kitchen, I was pleasantly surprised to see a colour other than white on the walls. I had nothing against the colour white. But it was such a blank, empty colour that seeing the one shade everywhere made me feel a little insane - almost as if any moment someone was going to appear and strap me into a straitjacket.

The lower half of the walls were decorated with the use of smooth, grey tiles, intertwining with each other to create a mosaic pattern. The furniture was marble and looked as if it had been strategically placed in here directly from the pages of an interior design magazine.

Bright daylight flooded into the open space, creating a bath of sunshine to reflect off of the marble and send shimmering specks to cling to the walls.

If the Fates hadn't set me such a time-consuming task, then I probably would spend all of my time in here, cooking, baking - anything.

Unfortunately, despite feeling utterly lazy today, I had to visit Lucifer at one point. I didn't want to know what would happen if I upset the Fates. They had shown no mercy to the Angels who had tried before me. I wouldn't be any different.

Pouring myself a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, I took my drink into the courtyard and found comfort on one of the garden sofas. It was quiet, the only sound available was the gentle swoosh of light wind through the plants and the slosh of my drink as I shifted in my seat to get comfortable. It was nice, to spend moments alone, basking in the dappling sunlight. 

I had never been out to the courtyard before. It was set out in the shape of a square with stone tiles and wooden beams running across the perimeter. Chunky, wicker chairs situated along two sides of the space, with the centre clear. A few potted leafy plants dotted around the corners but apart from those. The courtyard was limited in decoration. However, it was one of the aspects that I admired about the Light Paradox. Space was never cluttered. Each room that I had visited was minimal in design yet still managed to look effortlessly stylish.

And on top of that, the view received of the garden from the courtyard was mesmerising. Groves of thick-leaved green trees ran along the underside of the garden, forming a makeshift maze. Colourful flowers bloomed, peaking out from the shrubs and from where I was sitting, I could make out a few pine benches.

Whoever had spent time designing this beautiful garden deserved a medal. It was like utopia out there.

Only magical moments like these had to come to a standstill at some point. For me, it was just as I swallowed the last sip of orange juice. The beeping started. It was constant, continuing beeping in my ears that wouldn't go away. It had briefly stopped yesterday when I was with Lucifer but the second I came back up to the Light Paradox - it returned.

It drained my energy. And sleep hadn't helped at all. If anything, I was still tired.

Maybe it was one of the side effects from when the Fates moved me from wherever they found me before?

Par from the four hours of continuous beeping, my morning passed blissfully. But, by the time I had walked through the portal, the heavy thumping had begun its abuse against my skull. Thankfully the dreaded beeping had ceased but in return, left a parting headache in its wake. I did debate whether or not I should skip today's visit with Lucifer but would the Fate's allow that?

Probably not.

Now that I think about it, the Underworld was extremely noisy when I walked through. I didn't notice at first due to the drum set performing in my head still voice-breaking screams could be heard alongside the constant cry for mercy.

I looked around for Lucifer, but he wasn't in view. I already knew where he was - the open double doors at the end of the passageway provided a hint. He was in there.

I sank to the floor, my body crumbling into a pile of folded bones. My sweaty palms pressed harshly against the shells of my ears as I wasn't able to listen any longer. It was awful - the sound and the screaming didn't stop. They only got louder and louder in volume each time. Beads of tears slipped from my eyes as I contrasted the screams by weeping silently. I didn't want to imagine what he was doing in there however my mind had already painted a detailed image. I felt contrasted, helpless. This was Lucifer's job as the Devil, to punish those who had sinned and yet I felt the bile rise in my throat from the acts of an unforgivable man.

Like someone had flicked the mute button, the screaming ceased. Silence rang in my ears from the aftermath; I was left traumatized, unable to move. Quivering with such powerful shakes, I let my hands fall to my sides. The shaking beyond my control.  I rocked myself back and forth to the beat of my pumping heart and felt the muscle drop when the click of an Italien leather sole hit the ground. He was coming.

Lucifer.

I couldn't bear to see him, not after what I had just heard- so without thinking twice, I pulled my weary self from the dusty floor and bolted through the portal. Not sparing a retreating look in case I met the eyes of the Devil.

I couldn't see him today. The Fates would have to deal with that later only, for now, I couldn't even stop the tears from falling. It was something I couldn't help. We contrast each other so greatly that hearing those bloodcurdling screams made me want to vomit. I released a wailing cry and faceplanted into one of the cushions sitting on the cream sofa.

Was he even sorry? Did he feel any remorse for the souls he tortured?

I felt like an idiot. I had almost forgotten the man the Fates had asked me to fall in love with was the Devil. He was not like me. He didn't think angelically, keeping the best interest in mind. He thought mathematically - if you had sinned, you were punished. No ifs, ands, or buts. How foolish was I to think this destiny would be achievable? For how could the Fates expect me to fall in love with a man who did not have a heart?

  ⑉ 

until next time my angels,

-V

Edited: 19/06/18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 891 24
Even God can make mistakes. My name used to be Kai. I was leading an ordinary life until a fateful encounter changed everything. As I bravely saved a...
164K 6K 55
Everyone has an ache and hunger, some people are just better at hiding it than others. And some people run from it. And some people end up actually n...
81.3K 4.7K 57
Sword still in her hands, she stomped her foot again. "Why are you smiling?" Brainwashed? Check. Sheltered? Check. Lost and alone? Check and, uh, che...
6K 22 4
For a decade they hurt, tormented, and broke her. Now Melody is healing and discovering herself, along with the secrets hiding in her blood. Angels...