The Illusion (Book Two in The...

By SCCourtney

After her near death experience at the beginning of the semester, Georgiana Vertigo is trying to move on with... More

Description
The Illusion of Certainty
Saying Goodbye Before You're Gone
Next To Him
Who's At Fault
A Connection
Knives again?
Alone Again
Seeing Red
1000 Oceans
Defense Juliet
Letters From The Sky
Reunion Is Such Sweet Sorrow
Not Listening...
Leads To Bad Things
Chess Game
Enter Imaginary Friend
All The Right Moves
Kiss Me Slowly
Take Me Down
You Can't Keep Me
Beneath The Fire
I'll See You Soon
Paint Me A Picture Of Pain
Bleeding Heart
Control The Bleed
Epilogue: Bed Of Lies
Playlist

Flying Hawk Lullaby

7.9K 241 25
By SCCourtney

If I had the words to describe my first time, I’d use them. But every word in my vocabulary I found lacking. All the adjectives meant nothing. All I knew was his touch set me on fire and I just wanted closer. A point came when I couldn’t get any closer and I had to be satisfied with the touch of his bare skin against mine.

It was blissful, it was fulfilling, and it was an explosion.

When it was over, I fell asleep, wrapped up in his blanket, limbs tangled with his. I didn’t get to sleep long because he had to wake me up so I could meet Luke at midnight.

“Ana,” he whispered. “Wake up.”

I moaned and snuggled closer to him. He chuckled, his arms wrapping tighter around me. I’d fallen asleep on his bare chest, the warmth of his body warming my skin. I kept my eyes closed and snuggled my face against him.

“No, no. You can’t go back to sleep.”

“Yes…”

His hand came up and tilted my face up. He kissed me and my body reacted instantly. My hands slid across his skin, one snaking down under the covers and…

“No.” He chuckled again, pulling my hand back up and intertwining our fingers. “We don’t have time for that either.”

“I don’t want to go. I’m perfectly happy right here.”

I finally opened my eyes and looked at him.

“I don’t want you to leave either but unless you want Luke to come looking for you, we both have to get up and get dressed.”

Even that wasn’t enough to tempt me out of bed. I closed my eyes and snuggled my face closer to his neck. He groaned.

“You’re making this…hard,” he said.

I smiled and kissed his throat. He shivered, his hand tightening around mine.

“I don’t want to leave you,” I whispered.

“And I don’t want you to leave but…”

I sighed and opened my eyes. “But I gave my word.”

Somehow we managed to tear ourselves away from each other to get dressed. He chose to don his tux again so Luke wouldn’t get too suspicious. I sat back down on the bed to slip my shoes back on. He sat down next to me and took my hand when I was done.

“I’m giving this back,” he said. “With a new addition.”

He held up the bracelet stretched out over his fingers. I looked closely and noticed the new charm, a hawk in flight.

“Aidan…”

He closed his hand and put it in my open one.

“It’s always belonged to you. I don’t know why you gave it back in the first place.”

“I meant what I wrote,” I said softly. “In the letter…”

“I know…” his face losing its smile for the first time, “and I know you still want to do what’s right. But I know you want to be with me. I need you to let me make that choice for myself. You don’t like it when people decide for you, please don’t do it for me.”

I searched his face, and everything there told me he was serious, he was sincere.

“Are you sure?” I said softly.

He nodded. “I’m choosing to be with you. That’s my choice.”

I kissed him and he quivered. He touched my face and his hand slid back into my hair. He tugged lightly, tipping my head back. He ran kisses down my neck, stopping at the top of my dress.

“I wish you didn’t have to go,” he murmured against my skin.

“I know,” I said, my voice rough.

He ran his nose up and inhaled just below my ear. “When you get back…”

I touched his face and looked him in the eyes. “If I come back, I’ll find you.”

My words sinking in, his eyes grew wide. “What?

“My visit is only temporary but…there are lots of Vampires that aren’t going to like me being there. There’s a 75/25 chance I’ll come back.”

“Then don’t go,” he said, gripping my shoulders.

“I have to. The Counsel has set the whole thing up. Besides, Luke will be with me. He’ll make sure nothing happens…”

“Promise me. Promise me you’ll find a way out, that you’ll come back to me.”

I saw the worry in his eyes I didn’t want to see. I didn’t want him to worry.

“Don’t worry about me. Please. This was what I was trying to avoid…”

“Ana, whether you like it or not, whether we’re together or not, I’m going to worry about you. I love you. I’m going to worry.”

“Just don’t let it consume you.”

“I won’t. I promise.”

“Then I promise too. I’ll find a way back. As long as you’re waiting for me, I’ll come back.”

He kissed me again and then it was time to go. He took the bracelet from my hand and went to put it around my wrist. He paused when he saw Michael’s necklace.

“What’s this?”

“It’s my—it was a gift.”

He squinted down at the round tag. “This is your cat’s tag. I thought it was poisoned.”

“They got rid of the poison.”

Then he flipped to the rectangle piece of metal.

“And this? I don’t know this language.”

“It’s Greek. It’s just…”

He looked up from it to my face. “What does it say?”

“Light comes to all.”

“That’s poetic.”

“I guess.”

He felt my reluctance to talk about it. He didn’t push the topic, just like always. He never pushed me and I loved that about him. I undid it from around my wrist and slipped it over my neck, not bothering to tuck it in.

“You wear that everyday?”

“Yup. Just like I did with your bracelet until…until I saw the girl climb in your window.”

“I wish you hadn’t seen that.”

I smiled. “At least she wasn’t there for you. That’s what matters.”

His smile came back. “It is.” He secured the bracelet and his fingers lingered against my skin.

“I have to go now,” I said sadly.

He nodded, his face sobering again. I stood up and he helped me with my jacket. He did the buttons slowly, his eyes boring into mine. A small smile lifting up the corner of his mouth.

He took my hand and we left. The walk to the main building was agonizingly fast. Luke stood on the steps, long wool black coat keeping him warm.

When his eyes fell on us, they first went to our conjoined hands and then to our faces.

“Fix things then?”

I nodded. “Yeah,” I said sadly.

He nodded once. “Say your goodbyes.”

He walked down to the waiting car. It was a town car, black with darkly tinted windows. He stood just outside the door and waited on me.

I turned to face Aidan. “I wish there was something I could give you…”

“You’ve already given me enough tonight.” His eyes sparkled.

I smiled. “If you think that’s enough.”

He cupped my face. “It will always be enough.”

He kissed me and I pressed closer to him. I moved my hands inside both his wool coat and his tux jacket. The thin cotton of his dress shirt the only thing keeping me from his skin.

Since he’d buttoned up my jacket he couldn’t do the same. So his hands found occupation with my hair.

“Georgiana,” Luke said.

I pulled away from Aidan just to hug him. I didn’t want to leave him, I didn’t want to have to say goodbye. He hugged me back, just as tightly, but eventually I had to let go. I tried not to cry as I looked at him, a sad smile gracing my face.

“I’ll see you soon.”

I nodded. “Goodbye Aidan.”

He gave my hand a squeeze and I turned and walked away. Luke opened the door and I looked back. Aidan still stood there, hands crammed in his pockets. I couldn’t help but think this was the last time I would see him.

I gave him a small wave and then ducked into the car. Luke closed the door and went around the back. He opened the other door and slid in next to me. We both did our seat belts and I looked out the window. Aidan was still standing there, staring at my window. He couldn’t see me and I watched as his eyes darted back and forth across the dark glass, trying to find mine.

“Let’s go,” Luke said to the driver.

The driver put the car in gear and it rolled forward. We pulled around the circle and started down the long driveway. I reached over and took Luke’s hand. I squeezed it tightly and looked over at him, my eyes filling with tears.

“You shouldn’t have,” he whispered.

I nodded. “It was my choice and I don’t regret it.”

Luke nodded and faced forward. “Get comfortable. It’s going to be a long drive.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 1.9K 24
The clock was ticking, measuring time down to the last second. The last heartbeat. The last breath. The last moment I would have on this Earth. It wa...
4.2K 122 40
Zoe cambridge is a 19 year old girl who moves to a new town , she always wanted to go to a school called regwood high .she doesnt know she will be li...
373K 4.4K 25
Book 2 is posted titled: Anticipations. What is Evie? Well they call her a vampire and then later a witch but what about when she shifts into a wolf...
229K 10.1K 44
Werewolves and Vampires is the story of, you guessed it, werewolves and vampires. Lila Silver had been a pretty normal girl until her sixteenth birth...