Am I Not Good Enough

By XSeasonX

Maya Duffield's life was just getting worse by the days. her parents are dead, her sister get's kidnapped and... More

Am I Not Good Enough
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46 - Part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 7

4.3K 92 8
By XSeasonX

Chapter 7

Maya POV

We rode silently for the rest of the way. When we pulled up at the airport I checked the time. Chris’s flight would be landing at 8 and It was now quarter to eight. Its going to be a surprise because he expected some people from the pack or his family.

I looked behind and Dustin and he has a sour look on his face like he’d rather do anything else. I ignored him and kept walking to where Chris would be getting off. I pulled out a bottle of water from my purse and started drinking it. “flight 236 will now be dispatched” the speaker ahead said. I stood there waiting for Chris to come, I didn’t realise that I was standing opposite of his gate.  I had my back to him when we suddenly came up and hugged me. making me drop what was left of my water on Dustin.

“Maya I missed you so much!” he screamed out smiling at me. his dirty blond hair turned a shade darker and he now had a nice tan to fit that nice toned body of his “Chris I'm so glad your home, a lot to catch you up on” I said in his ear. We pulled away and he saw Dustin. His t-shirt had a little water on it but not that much, only most of the front was wet.

“aww Dustin I missed you too come here.” He said pulling Dustin into a hug. I smiled at how friendly Chris was. He grabbed my hand and we started walking out of the airport together. “so did you pick up any new skills yet” he asked, referring to the fighting. “yea that’s a interesting story but yea I did, when we get home ill tell you everything that you need to know.” “well I need to know all of it” he said laughing.

“so how did the whole pack warrior meeting thingy go?” I asked. “eh it went ok, some rouges around the U.S are trying to find a pack to attack, so they showed us a few skills for the pack and some stuff just for us, nothing that important though” he said brushing it off. “well of course I need to know those special ones to” I said looking over at him. “yea, yea Maya you get to learn everything, you were catching up to me and you were hard to beat before I left, I wonder if I even can now” he said laughing.

We walked back to the car, and me and Chris were still talking so I threw the keys of at Dustin “you wanted to drive didn’t you?” I said then looking back at Chris while he explained some of the stuff that went on at the meeting.

Dustin POV

Chris landed his flight and went straight to Maya, knocking water out of her hand onto the front of my shirt which is now soaked, and then hugged me. they walked out of the airport hand in hand, talking about the trip. I couldn’t help but glare at their hands. She wasn’t his. I walked behind them the whole time listening in on how they were discussing some moves and stuff. I never knew those two had so much interest in each other. They smiled and looked at each other like they were the best thing in the world.

It annoyed me. it annoyed the hell out of me. I just zoned out and started looking around the airport checking out some of the girls. We walked outside and Maya tossed me the keys saying “You wanted to drive didn’t you” and then turned back to Chris. She was only letting me drive so she could talk to Chris.

They left me in the front alone and they both went into the back. They kept talking and smiling and laughing, he really made her happy.  I don’t get how they get along so well. And she said she would tell him everything is, I hope not everything, because that would mean him knowing about the mate stuff. But she has a best friend back home, Emily I think her name was. But I think that will also change once Maya finds out that I slept with her, and all the other things Emily said about her.

Chris’s POV

Maya tossed Dustin the keys and we went in the back together. I was so happy to see her. I missed her the most and I wished I could call her, and I tried after a couple days but she never answered. I knew she wasn’t avoiding me from the way she was smiling at me now, I had to make sure to ask her what was up. Probably nothing, maybe just got a knew phone or forgot where she put it.

“so you the carnivals in town again, want to go?” I said giving her a smirk. Last time we went together things got crazy. Me her and two of my friends Stacy and Lin came along, we all got drunk and the dance part and played so much games. It was a fun night.

“yea sure, when and are Stacy and Lin coming,?” she asked. She always like Stacy and Lin. Her and Stacy always got along great together and talked a lot. Lin and her were close too. He was protective of her but they don’t get to see each other a lot since he’s in another pack and he also went away on a meeting since he’s beta’s son. “hell yea” I said full out smiling this time.

We talked about it the rest of the way. I looked over at my brother a few times but he seemed to be out of it. Probably in one of his moods or something .

When we got back to the pack house I said hi to mom and dad and all my friends, and well pretty much the whole pack. There was going to be a bon fire tonight to welcome me back. I was gone for about a month and a half and I guess I was missed. Dustin walked around with us for a but , we ran into some people I didn’t know, but I guess Maya did “hey Chris these are my friends, some new ones. That’s Jace, Tara, Luke ,Lucas and Arrow” she said pointing to all of them. “hey I'm Chris” I said, they all smiled and shook my hand. They seemed to be cool and all. I have to get to know them better.

After that little exchange Dustin got a annoyed look on his face yet again and stormed off. I just shrugged and followed Maya up to her room. I opened to door and jumped on her bed.

Maya’s POV

I was kind of nervous about telling him the whole story but I knew he had to know. Its Chris he knows everything. I sat on the bed beside him. “ok well you missed quite a bit while you were gone. I'm gonna tell you everything but you have to promise to stay sitting and listen to me all the way through” I said looking him in the eyes. he looked a little confused but nodded.

“Ok well about 2 days after you left. I and mars were playing tag in the woods. Some rouges caught her and I tried to fight them but I was outnumbered and they were well trained. i couldn’t turn wolf because they used something. By the time they were done mars was gone and I was knocked out.” I said. He looked a little peeved, Chris didn’t like it when people messed with us.

“I went to the alpha after and told him, they wanted some money for her. And he wouldn’t do it, so he said that I would just have to let go of her. But I couldn’t I got mad and stormed out looking for her. I came across come people. Luke Lucas Tara and Jace, Jace was the alphas son of his old pack and absolutely hated hid dad. Luke and Lucas are twins and Tara is their sister, but there other sister got captured by the same rouges so they were on a hunt for them. They disowned themselves from their pack and since Jace had the alpha gen they started a new pack, I joined them and I am no longer a member of this pack. We searched for months for them and we couldn’t find a trace. Until one day we followed a faint scent to a cabin. Where Arrow was, he was working for the rouges at the time, buy force” I let out.

Chris sat their quietly but I could tell he was a little mad at the situation. But given the whole story who wouldn’t be. I skipped over the whole mate part, ill leave that for last. “Arrow knew where the alpha and beta were staying so he helped us . we had stun guns that stopped them from turning wolf and arrow stole some silver to stop the mind link if they had one. Once a guard left we attacked the alpha beta and the guard of the rouges.  We succeeded and the last left to be knocked out was the alpha, he took a bite from my side while I was helping Jace and I passed out. But it turns out this pack came and found the rouges and the convenient time. I passed out and woke up here, the rouges are now in the dungeon and the alpha has agreed to let me stay in this pack and let us stay here even after this is all over” I finished. Chris looked stunned “so that’s how I learned some new skills, I watched them before we attacked and even during the battle.” I said smiling a little. Trying to lighten the mood .He opened his mouth to speak but I raised my hand. “There’s one more thing. And you’re not going to like this one bit…..

Chris’s POV

She held up her hand when I was about to talk. I was furious that she had to go through all that by herself. If I was here I would have come with her. “there’s one more thing and you’re not going to like this one bit…..” she trailed off. I narrowed my eyes. I didn’t like any of it. And this is worse! “I found my mate, the same day I left to find mars, things didn’t exactly work out thought…. He kind of rejected me” she said. she looked hurt but still kept strong. I stood up and saw red. She pushed me back down with her hands though.  “it’s ok Chris I'm over it. And I know you’re going to want to know who this is. And I'm only telling you because its you. Please don’t storm out of the room” she said. I simply nodded.

I wanted to know who this stupid bastard was. Who would reject Maya! “well it was actually Dustin.” She said. I thought about it for like a millisecond. They never got along but he was so cold at the airport when i was with her and he didn’t say anything to her. I stood up ignoring her protests to stop. I stormed out of the room. After everything he wasn’t there for her, he didn’t go after he, he didn’t go with her. One thought consumed my mind. Find him and do some damage. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 81 21
Emma was young when her mother was shot by a Dalek in the act if saving her. Her dad blamed her for the sadness her mothers death had caused. She soo...
422 61 22
A girl on her first year of school Is finding out about this evil couple with powers. People say that she is their child. Now she doesn't know who he...
73 0 24
A teenage girl goes through a lot of difficult situations. She met a guy and fell in love with him even though she wasn't suppose to. Her decisions m...
50.6K 2.2K 62
"Beauty can be a blessing or a...Curse. people who believe in Faith, soulmates and love are really lucky, because it's proves that they dream. They a...