In This Together ▷ Stilinski

By simplystiles-

[ BOOK TWO ] ❝ fear is a proof of the degeneracy of the mind. ❞ Kasey McCall has been through more than enoug... More

In This Together
Chapter 1. Stealing Kisses and Weird Animal Behavior
Chapter 2. Here We Go Again
Chapter 3. Totally Jealous
Chapter 4. A Total Disaster
Chapter 5. Hot Mess
Chapter 6. Finally Connected
Chapter 7. Morning Argument
Chapter 8. The Darach
Chapter 9. Not an Average Bus Stop
Chapter 10. Keep It Together Jared
Chapter 11. Glen Capri And A Room For Three
Chapter 12. Gasoline, Road Flares, and Purple Dust
Chapter 13. A Connection and Kidnapping
Chapter 14. Climactic Moments
Chapter 15. Hallucinations
Chapter 16. Scott The Bulldog
Chapter 17. Kasey's Adventures!
Chapter 18. My Psychotic English Teacher
Chapter 19. Whirlwind of Events
Chapter 20. Gone
Chapter 21. Holding Your Breath
Chapter 22. Letting Go
Chapter 24. Heart's of Darkness
Chapter 25. Nightmares or Reality?
Chapter 26. Finding an Anchor
Chapter 27. The Werecoyote
Chapter 28. Who Needs Instructions?
Chapter 29. Feisty Kasey and a Fire Alarm
Chapter 30. Falling into Place
Chapter 31. Trying To Connect The Dots
Chapter 32. Blacklight and Blackout
Chapter 33. The Diagnosis
Chapter 34. The Oni
Chapter 35. Cold Case
Chapter 36. Already Taken
Chapter 37. The Nogitsune
Chapter 38. Fooled
Chapter 39. Echo House
Chapter 40. Trepanation
Chapter 41. Using the Word Werewolf in Public
Chapter 42. Outfoxing the Fox
Chapter 43. De-Void
Chapter 44. Myriad of Pain
Chapter 45. Insatiable
Chapter 46. Shattered
Chapter 47. Glass Box
Chapter 48. The Divine Move

Chapter 23. Sixteen Hours

62.1K 1.6K 1.1K
By simplystiles-

The second that I felt his body still I snatched my hands out of the frigid water and stumbled away from the metal tub. I couldn't top the tremors from ripping through my body at this point, and the choked out sobs that followed. I just killed him. I killed Stiles. The realization of this is far worse than any hallucination I could muster up in my mind.

I tried to wipe my wet hands on my jeans, they were going numb from the cold water-- and I needed to try and stop shaking as much as I am. They're going to be okay, Deaton said that they would be. I believe him, I have to believe him.

"Kasey, are you okay?" Deaton asked me softly.

My eyes squeezed shut as I nodded, "I need some air."

I then shoved my way out of Issac's attempt to hold me in place, stumbling outside of the animal clinic. The moment the door closed, I let out a mangled scream and fell to my knees. My insides were contorting in pain and my head was pounding. I don't care if I connect myself to either of them at this point, I would rather feel what they are feeling than this.

"Stop, Kasey stop." I muttered to myself, running my hands over my face and through my tangled mess of hair. I need to pull myself together, I can do this. My coaching attempt falls short as my panicked thoughts take over.

If all goes well. Only dead for a few moments. Stiles. Scott. Allison. Dead. Drowning. If. Dead. Stiles. Stiles. Scott. Stiles. Scott. Scott. Allison. Dead. Drowning. Mom. Deucalion. Jennifer. Derek. Stiles. Stiles. Dead. Sheriff Stilinski. Dad. Stiles. Scott. Scott. Allison. Jennifer. Sacrifice. Lunar Eclipse. True Alpha. Stiles. Scott. Stiles. Stiles. Stiles. Dead. Only for a few moments. Calm down. Admonere. Don't connect. Breathe. Stiles. Scott. Scott. Scott. Dad. Dead. Stiles. Scott.

My head is pounding and it won't stop. I have no idea what to do right now other than to just scream and cry. What else can I do? This was the worst possible outcome of the situation. Why did they have to be surrogate sacrifices? Was that honestly the only way to find our parents?

I can't keep doing this. I need to stand up, go back inside, and take control of myself. I need to be strong. I can do this. If anyone can do this, it's me. I've been through entirely too much shit to just give up now. I can't give up when we are so close to the end.

Shakily, I pushed myself up into a standing position and walked back into the animal clinic, wiping at my eyes and smeared eye make-up. Deaton, Lydia, and Isaac were all standing by the desk watching me with concerned expressions. My shirt has blood on it from my head wound that has completely healed, I need to change.

"Can someone take me home so I can get a change of clothes?" I asked, my voice hoarse from the amount of screaming I had done outside.

Isaac nodded, "Yeah-- I can."

"Thank you. We won't be gone long, call me if they wake up before we get back." I said to Lydia as I walked through the clinic and out the front door. It was drizzling at the moment, the storm slowing for the time being. Isaac walked beside me silently, jingling the keys to whomever's Lexus he had borrowed. I think it's Allison's.

The drive to my house was awkward and silent. I was trying to keep my thinking to a minimum so I didn't connect myself to Stiles, Scott, or Allison, but every time I my thoughts would finally stop-- more would flood in.

Stiles. Scott. Rain. Water. Drowning. Dead. Stiles. Dad. Mom. Deucalion. Lunar Eclipse. Jennifer. True Alpha. Sacrifice. Dead. Stiles. Scott. Allison. Stiles. Stiles. If all goes according to plan. Only dead for a few moments. Dead. Drowning. Stiles. Stiles. Stiles.

"Do you, um-- want me to come inside?" Isaac asked nervously as he pulled into my driveway. Do I want him to come inside? To be honest I don't really care if he does or not, but I guess I need to answer him.

"If you want, I'll only be a few minutes." With that said, I slid out of the car and made my way into my house-- the front door wasn't locked. Not that it matters anyway, my mom can't bitch Scott and I out for not locking it right now.

Mom. Scott. Mom. Scott. Deucalion. Alpha pack. Dead. Deucalion. Sacrifice. Jennifer. Darach. Lock. Dad. Dead. Mom. Scott. Scott. Scott. Mom. Mom. Mom.

I bolted up the stairs, shaking my head to rid the morbid thoughts from my mind. My room seemed so different. I haven't been in here for all of eight hours and yet, it feels like years. It's so clean. My dirty clothes are all in the hamper, my surfaces are straightened, and my bed is made. What is wrong with me? I managed to keep my room clean when all of this shit was going down? I need some serious therapy.

Without wasting another second I ripped my shirt off, tossing it on the floor because I didn't want to drop it in the hamper. I slid on a tank top and my jean jacket, then switched out my jeans for a pair of black skinny jeans and converse. I ran a brush through my hair and then decided to go and wash my hands and the side of my face, there was still blood there.

I had been in the bathroom for all of two seconds when I felt water seeping into my shoes. I glanced down at the floor to see a large puddle of water, upon further investigation I realized that it was overflowing from the bathtub. The shower curtain was pulled, so I couldn't see what was in the tub, but I didn't like the feeling I was getting.

Hesitantly, I crept towards the tub and grabbed the curtain-- slowly pulling it back. The tub was filled to the brim with water, ice cubes and green leaves floating on the surface, just like the tubs at the animal clinic that Scott, Stiles, and Allison were in. I blinked rapidly to try and make the vision disappear, I know it isn't real, it can't be real.

I let out a scream as Scott's body shot up out of the water, his eyes bright red and his fangs projected out. He turned to face me with a wicked grin on his face, "Why don't you want to be a werewolf Kasey?"

My heart was hammering in my chest as I slipped in the water on the floor, the water that wasn't real-- yet it had to be because I just slipped? What is happening to me? My clothes were soaked as I pushed myself back against the door, screaming and covering my ears so I could block out this mirage of Scott's voice.

"I'm in your head, Kase."

"STOP!" I screamed violently, he's not real. He's dead.

Dead. Scott. Stiles. They're dead. You killed him. Stiles. Sacrifice. Lunar Eclipse. Jennifer. Mom. Sheriff Stilinski. Allison. Dead. Stiles. Drowned. You killed him. He left you. Dead. Stiles. Stiles.

I struggled to stand up, grasping onto the sink and slipping in the hallucinated water. This isn't real! Why are you falling if it isn't real? It has to be real. That means that the tub is actually overflowing, right?

"Kasey why do you even try? You do know that they're all gonna die, and there isn't a single thing you can do to help them, right?" Scott snickered darkly as he put his hands behind his back and watched me struggle with a sinister smile on his face.

After what felt like an eternity, I finally got a hold of the door handle-- and I twisted and turned, tugged and shook it like a mad woman, but it wouldn't open. I'm stuck? How am I stuck? The bathroom door doesn't lock!

I started pounding my fists on the door, screaming even louder than I had been before, praying that Isaac could hear me. Scott was humming nursery rhymes behind me, "Hickory dickory dock... the mouse ran up the clock..."

"Shut up!" I shrieked as I started to kick at the door. I can't stay in here! I need to get out, and get as far away from this house as I possibly can.

"Kasey? Kasey are you okay in there?" Isaac called from the hallway, he sounded nervous-- can he not hear me screaming and hitting the door? Do I sound okay?

"NO! ISAAC HELP ME! PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!" I shouted as Scott wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back. I started screaming again as he pushed me into the water, submerging my face. My arms and legs were flailing around as he continued to hold me down.

Drowning. Stiles. Dead. Scott. Water. Allison. Sacrifice. Jennifer. Mom. Sheriff Stilinski. Darch. Virgin. Healers. Prophets. Warriors. Guardians. Parents. Stiles. Mom. Scott. Sheriff Stilinski.

My lungs were burning as I began to inhale the water, my thoughts were starting to slow and my body felt warm and fuzzy.

Stiles....Scott....Mom....Water....Drowning....Dead....

"Kasey! Jesus Christ, what are you doing!?" Isaac shouted as he jerked me out of the water, clutching me against him as I coughed and sputtered up the water I had inhaled. My eyes were burning along with my lungs and my heart.

I blinked rapidly as I glanced around the bathroom, to find that the bathtub had been filled with just water-- no ice or green leaves. Isaac and I were the only two in here, Scott was nowhere to be seen. There was water on the floor that had actually came from the tub. And there was a message on the mirror, written in blood. I fearfully glanced at my hands to see that the palm of my left hand was seeping blood. The message on the mirror is what caused another round of sobs to rip throughout my body;

Wake up

"Are you okay?" Isaac asked me softly as he sent me a concerned look, his eyes flashing with distress. We were sitting in the car outside of the animal clinic, we had made the trip back after my meltdown.

Are you okay.

Good question. No, I'm not okay. I'm starting to think that I won't ever be okay again, not after what just happened. I totally blacked out. I didn't just hallucinate this time. I nearly killed myself. Scott hadn't been the one to push me under water, I was holding myself underwater. Scott hadn't been the one singing the nursery rhyme, because Isaac told me that he heard me singing it. At some point during that time I cut my hand and wrote on the mirror in my own blood.

Does that sound okay to you?

The problem is, I can't not be okay. I have to just work through this, somehow. I have to figure out a way to keep myself together until Stiles, Scott, and Allison wake up because I can't keep doing that. My first hallucination was a cake-walk compared to that one.

I gave him my best attempt at a smile and nodded, "I am now."

"Are you sure? Kasey you really scared me--"

"Isaac-" I chuckled as I grabbed his forearm, "I really am okay. I promise." Liar, my sub-conscious sang mockingly.

He sighed and nodded once, "Okay.. we should probably go back in there then."

"Good idea." I agreed, trying my absolute hardest to keep my voice as level as possible. The rain was starting to pick up again, so we both jogged back into the clinic. I had wrapped my hand with some gauze and the blood wasn't seeping through the white fabric, so that meant it was healing quickly-- I guess if I harm myself, I heal quickly too because I'm a supernatural being.

The second we walked through the door, I felt it-- something was wrong. I rushed back to the examination room, only to be grabbed by Isaac. His arms went around my mid-section and I struggled to get out of his hold, "Get off of me! What are you doing?!" I shouted fearfully.

Please be real, please don't be a hallucination.

"Kasey, Isaac called and told us what happened. You are a danger to yourself and other's right now." Deaton stated calmly as he walked into the room, he had a syringe in his hands.

Ketamine.

My eyes widened as he began to walk towards me, "DON'T! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" I screamed as I kicked at Isaac weakly, there was no point-- I won't be able to break his hold.

"Please, don't do this." I cried as Deaton stuck the needle in my neck, it stung and I knew the moment that he injected the Ketamine, I could feel it. I started to sway in Isaac's hold, my eyelids were getting heavier and the room was going dark. The last thing I saw before I lost consciousness was Lydia crying and holding her hands over her mouth.

"Is she going to be okay?"

"I think she's waking up?"

"Will she still be... ya know?"

I let out a groan as my eyes slowly peeled open, I was sitting in a chair-- not laying down, which automatically set off a red flag. What the hell happened? Why does my neck sting? Why am I so dizzy?

Lydia walked into my field of vision and crouched down in front of me, "Kasey? Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Like I just got hit by a bus." I replied sarcastically, attempting to sit up straighter, but failing miserably. I opted on just slouching back down and trying to gather my thoughts completely.

I blinked a few times before glancing around, when I saw the three tubs in front of me the entire world shifted. My thoughts were a jumbled mess with images of bathtubs, blood, and needles. My neck and the palm of my hand ached. My throat was burning and my ears were ringing. What the hell is going on?

"What happened?" I asked quietly.

Deaton appeared and sighed, "You had to be sedated. It was the only way to keep you from harming yourself or anyone else."

"What did I do?" My voice cracked as I tried to keep myself composed. I don't know why I can't remember anything. Maybe it's the drug that they gave me?

Isaac placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, "It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you're okay now. And that's because we had to sedate you."

"How long have I been out?"

Lydia's gaze shifted to the floor and Deaton wrung his hands together shamefully, "About sixteen hours."

My eyes widened, "And they're still not awake yet?!"

This time I did stand up, and I rushed over towards the middle tub-- Stiles' tub. I could see him under the water. Oh my god, I thought they were only supposed to be under there for a few minutes, and this turned into sixteen hours?

"Well, no-- but they should be waking up--" Lydia was cut off by the sound of gasping as Scott, Stiles, and Allison all shot up out of their tubs.

Scott was the first one out, "I know where it is! I saw it!"

"We've passed it before, it's just sitting there it's a stump it was this huge tree-- well it's not very huge anymore but it's still big, it's very big." Stiles agreed as he too climbed out of his tub, sopping wet.

I was shell-shocked. They had no idea that they had been gone for sixteen hours, hell I had been out of it for the entire time. Apparently I acted so crazy I had to be clinically knocked out.

"Yeah we saw it the night we went looking for that body." Scott added.

Stiles nodded, "The night you were bit by Peter."

"I was there too, my mom almost hit someone." Allison rushed out.

Realization dawned on my brother's face as he glanced at her, "It was me! You almost hit me."

"We can find it." Scott said quickly.

Lydia, Isaac, Deaton, and myself were all standing there in complete and total silence. If sixteen hours have passed, that means there is only a few hours left until the Lunar Eclipse. Which means there's only a few hours left until mine and Scott's mom and Stiles and Allison's father's are killed.

"What?" Allison asked when she noticed our expressions.

Isaac decided to speak up, "You guys were out for a long time..."

"How long is a long time?" Stiles asked in confusion.

Deaton crossed his arms over his chest as he replied, "Sixteen hours."

"We were in the water for sixteen hours?" Scott echoed.

Lydia nodded, "And the full moon rises in less than four."

__________________________________________________________________

o m g

so... kasey has officially lost it. she is no longer "sane" so to say. anyway, the last chapter is going to be LONG. like probably 11 pages, haha. this chapter was mostly just kasey losing her shit. i hope to have the final chapter poster by sunday or monday. we'll see.

be sure to fan, vote, and comment! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 4.5K 40
[THE FIFTH WAVE / BEN PARISH FANFICTION] [DESTRUCTION SERIES] [BOOK ONE]
31K 1K 18
"I've seen that look in your eyes It makes me go blind ...
185K 5K 50
"Time changes you especially when you're under different circumstances." 6 years is a long time, especially when your confounded to a space that has...