The Huntress Becomes the Wolf...

Por heartlesstwin

I've always known I was different from the other hunters. My senses were always sharper, my sight more define... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 part 1
Chapter 42 part 2
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Update
Editor Needed!
Important Changes

Chapter 18

6.3K 234 7
Por heartlesstwin

Chapter 18

~Lucie's POV~

My vision was fuzzy as I tried to blink the last remnants of sleep from my eyes.  At first all I could see were rough outlines of shapes and then they faded into objects, a coffee table, a couch, and a crude painting hanging from a wall above me. I felt around, trying to get a grasp of where I was and what position I was in. Half of my face was obscured by the coffee table, the other half planted firmly on the carpet that seemed too soft to be real.

"You're awake. It took you long enough. I almost thought that I dug a little too deep in your consciousness."

"Who are you?" The woman was sitting in a leather armchair across from the couch, a fixture I hadn't been only seconds prior.

"My name is Silvia, child. You may call me Silvie." Her voice was extraordinarily calm, while her posture was formal and ridged. I took in her business like persona. Her hair was almost an unnatural shade of red, complemented with her pasty white complexion that screamed her European ancestry.

 "Lucie, you must understand that what I did to both you and Vera I did out of necessity, not anger or retribution. Things need to change, dear. Hunters and Wolves need to be able to work together in harmony, not as tools of your own destruction. You and Vera were chosen to change something. You could change the future... a future very much in need of change."

"What do you expect us to do? Follow through with my parent's master plan of merging the two groups in an attempt to have complete control over both sides of the war? That would destroy everything Pack Life stands for. Hell, it'd destroy everything any life stood for. You can't honestly think that I would go along with that, do you?

 "I do not want you to follow the Davis's plans. I want you to accomplish something better. I want you to lead the Hunters and Wolves of tomorrow into a new age."

"A new age crafted in your image?" I mocked sarcastically, unable to stop myself.

 "Don't be silly Lucie. I'm not delusional, despite what you might think. I know that there is no possibility for the hunters to join forces with the werewolves...that is, unless there was some other force that could rival their hatred for each other."

"Are you suggesting that there is something out there coming? Something that both sides could agree is worse than each other?" Fear began to pulse through me at her words. Over the years I had accustomed myself to both the power and threat of the witches that I worked with. She was in a class all her own.

"I cannot construe upon you any glimpse of the future if I hope for the future to remain intact.  If I divulge any aspect to you, all events bound to happen could change, leading to unpredictable and incalculable variations, some with endings more catastrophic than what's already been planned to come. But I can tell you this, a battle of both sides is coming. It will define the future. Following it will be two more. The result will be either the unity or annihilation of one of your two peoples. The only question is if your past and your present can unite. If not, all those of the losing side with be hunted down and graced with a swift death."

"Some people hide behind riddles when they want to help, but not fall victim to others who wish the advised to fail. Others thrive off the chaos that interpretations of their warnings create. Only those who have someone to fear hide behind riddles. So what of you?  Were the words you spoke true? Or did you weave your words in such a way that all acts I would to commit under them, lead to my ultimate failure?" I had stared her right in the eyes as I spoke, years of practice in the art of intimidation giving me the edge I needed. I saw the change in her emotions as the insinuation of my words dawned on her.

"You know not of what you speak. The repercussions of what you ask of me cannot be grasped by a werewolf like yourself." I knew she was shaken but what surprised me most was the fact that she didn't shrivel away from my advance, almost as if she had been completely untaken with my attempt to intimidate her.

"And what makes you apt enough to interpret the future?"

"There is still something you need to understand. I did not betray my mother pack. Bringing you under the care of the Davis's was something I needed to do to ensure the future. Your ties with the hunters will be used in the final battle. And Darcy's,"

"What are you talking about? What about Darcy?"

"Did you honestly think that you were the only miracle child for the hunters? No Darcy was my first trail. His powers are suppressed as of now, but I can feel them brewing. He's realizing who he is, and who Cyrus Wolff is to him. You, Darcy and Vera might not be of my womb, but you are my children nevertheless. You both will lead the werewolves and hunters into a new age. Whether you like it or not, his future is tied with yours. You might not see it in him now, or tomorrow, but he will be there for you when you need him most. Be careful, dear child, for Clarie is not the only trader to be found in Shadowswood," The color drained around me, sucking not only the color away from me but my breath as well. Darkness began to cloud my vision until only darkness remained.

~*~

A gasp left my body as I shot up, a blanket pooling around my feet. Only one person was in the room with me, and for that I was grateful. I suppose it's for the best. Scaring one person with my dramatic entrance was enough. "Lucie!"

"Roman?" My voice was raspy, crackling as if though I hadn't spoken in days. My eyes widened as I took in the unfamiliar room.  

"Where am I?" My fingers were digging into the leather cushion beneath me as I restrained myself from lashing out. I had always needed to know where I was at all times, something that was particular to me that had gotten me into trouble more times than not.

"You're at the pack-house. Don't worry, you're safe." His words placated my body, but not my nerves. I was still in a different room than I was in before Silvia's attack.

"Where is Clarisse? I have to ask her something." I mustered out, forcing myself to sit up. I felt blood rush to my head, making me once grip the cushion once again. I wasn't one to feel faint often, but when I did, I always knew the cause. Witchcraft. It always left my body aching and my head, feeling lighter than it should be. I rubbed the curve of my back, just below the rib cage, in an attempt to alleviate some of the built up pressure.

"She's in lock up. She isn't exactly in the right state of mind now." My mind was still foggy from the magic, but even so I was able to hear the hint of detest in his voice.  

"She was apparently never in the right mind. But I learned something while I was out, and I need to know if there is any truth it

 "Truth about what?"

"Apparently I wasn't the Davis's first experimental child. Darcy... isn't normal either."

"Of course he isn't normal! He wants to kill you!" I shot Roman a glare. He might be my actual brother but that didn't make him any less dense.

"That's not it either! You wouldn't understand-,"

"Then help me understand. Lucie I can't help you if you don't let me in." I shrugged out of his hold and tried standing up, testing out my feet after what felt like the first time in years. Pain flashed through my body, seemingly coming from every orifice of my body. With a gasp I let forced myself back down. I looked away from Roman, his alarmed stare making me uneasy.

"As much as I want to let you in Roman... I can't. There are things I'm not ready to share now, things that I need to deal with alone first. I have to know if there is any truth to what she told me. I just have to know Ro. I just have to. Please, understand. If things were different...," I trailed off, shooting him one last wistful glance.

"Don't worry Lucie. I understand. I'm gonna go now. I'll tell the others that you're up. I'm sure one of them can help you with your... problems." The tone of his voice fooled me into thinking that he understood where I was coming from. Any belief I had in that soon evaporated the second Roman slammed the door behind him. I followed his footsteps with my ears, hearing him stop and then begin to speak. The door swung open before Roman had finished speaking, revealing a very much relieved Casey.

"Lucie!" He all but screamed my name as he simultaneously engulfed me in his arms.

 "Don't ever do that to us again! We can't lose you too." Piran was the one that spoke this time, casting me a look that I imagined one would give a small child after they ran away.

"Everyone, can you please clear the room? I need to talk with Casey in confidence." I asked, my eyes never wavering from his as I felt the stares of many people that I had yet to acknowledge. After looking to my eyes for the answers, he nodded quickly figuring there was no answer to be found there. When I knew that everyone was out of earshot, I finally allowed myself to look away. I had never been one to disrespect someone in front of an audience.

"Lucie whatever it is I'm sure it...,"

"What would you do if you found out that your entire life was a lie? That even in the beginning you were being feed lies about yourself and your family?"  

"Lucie, that isn't something new. What's this really about?" His voice lightened at the end, as he gently reached out and rested his hand on my thigh. I watched mute as he began to rub his thumb in soothing circles.

"It's about Darcy," his thumb froze at my words. I let my gaze travel up his frame tentatively; first taking in his ridged position and then the rage that blatantly churned in his eyes. Moments after our eyes met, he let his eyes close. His posture soon relaxed after he took several forceful breaths.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to calm myself down," his voice was strained. I looked at him with amazement.

"But how? All the time that I've known you, you've never once been able to do that. Hell you haven't even tried to." His eyes opened, hurt flashing in them before they were quickly whipped of void of all emotion.

"You were out for a long time Luc. While you were out someone literally forced me down and made me calm myself. I don't know what I would have done if... you... mean more to me than I ever thought was possible. I know that you don't feel the same way, at least not yet and that's why you're resisting the mating bond. And probably because you think that I don't want you. And that even if I do that I shouldn't. But so what? You're a Huntress. I'm an Alpha. But you don't just have a Huntress past, you have a Luna present. I want you. We have both done things in our past that we aren't proud of." He looked away and I felt his words cut at a part of me that left me internally grasping for words. How... did he really think that I was resisting him because of that?

"Casey-," his lips crushed against mine, molding to mine in ways that shouldn't be possible. My hands wove themselves into his raven black hair, traveling on their own accord. I tugged at his hair roughly, loving the way the silky strands slid through my fingers. He growled against my lips, exciting a moan from me. He pulled me tighter against him running his hands down the sensitive planes of my back. I was nearly putty in his hands as his lips traveled away from my own and started their descent down my neck. All thoughts were lost on me until he reached the juncture between my neck and shoulder. I pushed him off of me with as much strength as I could muster. He fell to the ground, his head instantly snapping up. I could hardly bear to see the betrayal that shone in his eyes at my rejection.

"Case... it's not that I don't want to. You have no idea how much I want to... it's just not the right time, or place. I would give up everything I am just to be with you for one night. But there's a battle coming, Casey. Three actually. There are more important things to do right now. I have to put other people's needs before my own... if above something I desperately want. And I want this." I looked down at Casey who was still staring at me brokenly. "I want this so bad. This is all I've ever wanted. I just wish-," my voice broke, and I forced my head up, trying to will the tears back inside my body. Casey's arms provided me a comfort that I had never been able to afford. His closeness scared me, and yet there was no place I'd rather be than in his arms.

________________________________________

Rewritten as of 9/24/14

~Kali 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

18.7K 725 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
1.8M 47.1K 34
"My heart palpitated in my chest as my eyes settled on the beast of the man, my mate, his lips curled away from his teeth and he snarled at anyone wh...
5.9K 326 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...
1.7K 140 21
Completed Story! (28/07/2019) # 7 tribal (21/07/2019) # 60 familysecrets (21/09/2019) # 597 wolves (21/09/2019) South African 19-Year-Old, Thalia Le...