I ONLY EVER CARED FOR... [THO...

By ExoDoll

{COMPLETE✓} "She's a strong one, this" continued the doctor "she's grown here, and that's toughened her up." ... More

THE MAZE RUNNER REVIEW
THE SCORCH TRIALS
THE DEATH CURE
THE KILL ORDER REVIEW
WAITING FOR -THE FEVER CODE-
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
1K READS!
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
THE POEM TERESA WROTE FOR THOMAS
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY - FIVE
GAME - WHAT CHARACTER OF THE MAZE RUNNER ARE YOU? [CLOSED]
REVELATION - WHICH CHARACTER OF THE MAZE RUNNER ARE YOU?
CHAPTER TWENTY - SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY - SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY - EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY - NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
A WEREWOLF BOY
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY - FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
BEST COVER
CHAPTER THIRTY - NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY - ONE
CHAPTER FORTY - TWO
EPILOGUE
THE END

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

1K 33 21
By ExoDoll

Newt knew he was not going to make it.

It was obvious from the beginning that WICKED was lying. It was stupid of them to even believe them for a second. Everything they said and did was a lie.

There was no truth in WICKED.

He didn't feel any pain, so he knew that he was just paralysed. Or dead, maybe.

But he could feel, so he knew he was alive. He has to be.

What did it matter anyway? He had the Flare. The disease that would turn him into a monster.

He was already starting to get crazy. He saw people falling on the floor. He had a glimpse of Minho starting towards him but falling.

It was WICKED again. Newt couldn't feel the hands that were dragging him out. He knew that he was being taken away as he saw everyone getting smaller and smaller in front of his eyes.

He closed his eyes. He was slowly turning into a crazy person that would find happiness in eating his friends.

Teresa was dead. Everyone was paralysed. Thomas has lost it with Brenda. There was nothing he could do.

Death. That was what he wanted as well. Just to go away from the pain of life.

Teresa had smiled before leaving them forever. She knew she were going to a better place then.

Away from the pain of life.

He remembered something then. A face. His mom maybe?

He is small.

"Why are people sad when someone dies?" he asks someone. He can't see the other face clearly. Everything is confusing.

He feels when the person hugs her. It's his mom, he is sure of that now. "That's because life is a beautiful lie, while death is a painful truth." she cries on his shoulder then.

Newt remembers her now. Her face. The sound of her voice. His mother.

She was right. Death is a painful truth.

But at least it is the truth.

All he needs now is the truth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 560 27
*SPOILERS* IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE MAZE RUNNER TRILOGY THEN DON'T READ THIS! THE BOOK WILL GET SPOILED! THIS IS A STORY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO TERESA...
4.5K 191 3
So, I watched The Maze Runner: The Death Cure last week - and I am so not okay with that ending! Newt should have survived! So I've taken matters int...
28.9K 945 33
Hello everyone! I read The Maze Runner Trilogy and decided to change the ending, which I disliked. The only changes are that Brenda sacrificed hersel...
17.1K 447 31
(SPOILERS FROM BOOK AND MOVIE!!! Book based although Teresa didn't hurt Thomas or betray him.) Thomas and the others are back at WICKED; Thomas hopes...