Like A Girl//Benny Rodriguez...

By swingin60s

"You play like a girl." "And I'm proud." More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17
18.
19.
20.
22.
24.
author's note
25.
26

21.

1.7K 31 0
By swingin60s

Barbra's POV: 4th of July
I combed my hair back and tied it into ponytails with some of it out. I put on my new flowery blouse and some mint green pants.
I felt really bad about what happened with the girls, so I tried to patch things up but Lucy picked up the phone and scoffed only to hang up. I groaned at the thought of Karen Heatherport strutting with her hunchback shoulders and limp waddle. The girls didn't want Karen... they want revenge on me. I let them down so now it's vice versa. I felt guilty about what happened. I have no idea what or how the girls are gonna do.

Lucy's POV: 4th Of July
"Well maybe if you were taller we'd be getting the right." I snapped at Karen.
"Well maybe if you were prettier you could model yourself!" She snapped back adjusting her dress.
"Okay from the top!" I yelled. I cringed as I had to watch Karen strut on the stage. She looked like a giraffe learning to walk.
"Karen get out." I said exhausted. This is my production, I've been working on this for months and this maybe be the only time I get to showcase it and it's gonna be a disaster. I can hear Jessica and her minions laughing at me already. I want Barbra back, I was such a meany to her.
"Lucy. Not to make you madder-
"I'M NOT MAD." I screeched. Ally gave me a dirty look
"Al, I'm sorry." I apologised
"It's fine. We have to pack up because the people are coming." Ally informed me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. If this whole thing crashes down at least we have each other.
I walked back to wear our booth was and took a seat. I put my head in my hands.
"Those are some pretty clothes." I heard a voice say. I looked up to Barbra.
"Yeah, I guess."
"Karen sure must be working them."
"Not in the slightest."
"Yeah I thought not."
"Then why did you say-
"Because, even when your world is crashing down... best friends tell you that everything is going to be okay."
"Best friend?"
"Lucy. I'm sorry. I was being Bryce Beef Jerky with extra jerk." She said sitting down
"No. I'm sorry. For being Jessica Turkey Jerky with extra jerk." I said standing upto hug her. She hugged me tight.
"Best friends?" I asked.
"A pleasure."
"Good because I need you!"
"Thought you'd never ask."
We got Barbra the order of everything. I began to realise how close we are when I saw Jessica and her knuckleheads in the crowd.
The night dragged on. The food was pretty good. Two acts had already been on. Squints and Yeah-Yeah with their failed magicians act and Kathy Broker with her tap dancing.
"Okay darling. I'll give the introduction and you guys will be on." Mrs Jones from number 5 said. Then she disappeared behind the curtain.
I looked at Barbra who was already in the first outfit. I winked and she winked first. I can't believe I almost lost one of my best friends to fashion... Well I can believe it but it was nice.
"Now presenting Lucy Miller, with her clothing line called...
Oh shit I haven't come up with a name.
"SandyMillerBabes." I blurted out. It was stupid but relevant.
"...Sandy Miller Babes! Please give her a warm welcome."Mrs Jones said clapping and opening the curtain. I stepped out.
"Thank you so much Glenrose Avenue. It is a pleasure to show you a new clothing line made by me.... Lucy Miller."
The girls filed out in a neat line. Outfit after outfit, which I'm sure the crowd loved. After the talent show was over and Kathy Broker had won, I hanging out with the girls, eating some ice cream.
"You totally deserved 1st place." Barbra repeated for the 7th time.
"Guys I've already told you. I'm not bothered. I deserve 2nd place." I explained to them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66 6 88
I'm feeling proud so without a doubt I can feel you. We messed around until we found the one thing we said we could never ever live without, I'm not...
246K 11.8K 41
"I know why you play the piano so beautifully." "Why's that?" "Because you're perfect at everything." {m!preg}
8.2K 67 25
(I know it's in 1962 but she's gonna have a Walkman cause I need her too) Y/n Peters has known Scotty Smalls since she was in second grade, she's old...
24.4K 625 23
"I'm even better than those girly girls"