That Butler: Caring?

By Azruphel

A Sebaciel fanfiction. After Ciel is kidnapped and harmed yet again, Sebastian's attitude towards his master... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Help!!!
<3 Thank you!!! <3
PSA

Chapter 23.

9.9K 387 258
By Azruphel

//A/N://

Okay guys~

This story is officially back!! I decided to shorten this a lot because it was way too waffly and it was basically just a description of the last few episodes of season one. I didn't think any of you would have wanted to read that. >u<

This chapter picks up the story at the very end of season one. As in the last two or three minutes of episode 24. So for any of you that haven't seen it... Sorry! =^^=

Anyways thank you all so much for sticking with this story even though it's been on hold for so long -  it really means a lot! X3

Oh, and now it's the holidays I should be able to update a good few times and hopefully finish this before the end of next week. Not too much longer to go!

"So will it hurt?"

"It will a bit; I'm sorry. I will endeavour to be gentle."

"No. Etch the pain into me. It's proof I had a life worth living."

"Indeed... My Young Lord."

Despite his soft smile, a shadow of pain passed across Sebastian's face as he bowed for what would be the last time.

The raven haired demon lowered his face slowly towards his master's, lips slightly parted and eyes aglow. The young Earl's eyes drifted shut as he prepared himself to accept his fate, feeling his former butler's warm breath on his pale skin...

Ciel's hammering heart was loud in his ears as the sensation of Sebastian's sculpted lips brushing against his own sent shivers down his spine. He resisted the urge to kiss him back, knowing this was not the same kiss as he had known before.

The boy's thoughts were suddenly cut off.

Sebastian's hand slipped from where it had been resting on the stone, his head dropped and he fell to one knee, closing his eyes tightly.

Confused and at a complete loss, Ciel sat there in shock. Did it... Did it happen? He thought to himself, before slowly opening his bicoloured eyes to stare down at the demon in front of him.

"Master..."

"Master, forgive me..." His words floated into the air and filled the silence, despite them being no more than a whisper.

"What? What is it, Sebastian?" the Earl snapped at him, almost angry that his apprehension and fear seemed to have come to nothing.

"I... I can't do it... I can't..."

Before he could retort, Ciel had his butler's arms wrapped around his petite waist and the taller male's face buried in his lap. Shocked to see him in such a state even after being in a relationship with him for so long, the boy hardly knew what to do. "Sebastian..."

"I'm sorry, Ciel, I'm sorry... I know you had come to accept this and I thought I had, too... But I cannot do it. I cannot be the one to kill the only person I love."

"I have failed you. I have failed to abide by the terms of the contract in accordance with your wishes. Do with me what you will." His words were muffled slightly but still audible, and what he said sent Ciel's mind into turmoil.

I never knew... All this time, he never told me. Had he opened up and discussed his fears we might have been able to avoid this. He felt his anger rising again, but quickly crushed it in disgust. No. He loves me as much as I love him. I had come to accept death because of my past... I did not look to the future because I thought I had none.

With these thoughts circulating inside his skull, the Earl leant forwards and gently lifted the demon's face. He was shocked to see what appeared to be a film of moisture clouding those beautiful crimson eyes.

"Sebastian..."

From the expression on his face it was obvious that Sebastian was almost afraid. Afraid that he had failed in his task as both a butler and a lover. Ciel dragged the silence out for a little longer, before cupping Sebastian's cheek in one, gentle hand.

"I love you, Sebastian Michaelis." he murmured, then he kissed the demon softly on the lips, holding the contact for just a moment or two. Surprised the butler's eyes widened, but quickly he embraced the boy and pulled him close.

"Oh, Ciel... I love you... More than you could ever hope to imagine. I am yours for eternity."

Despite everything, a soft, gentle smile began to tug at the corners of the Earl's lips, and he hugged Sebastian back just as tightly.

*****

The two stayed like that for some time, until at last Sebastian had the courage to lift his head and look his master in the eye.

"What are we to do now, Master?" he paused, before sighing softly. "What am I to do?"

Tilting his head to one side slightly, Ciel brushed the demon's cheeks with the backs of his fingers and held them there for a few moments.

"What do you mean?" he said quietly, and his butler allowed yet another sigh to slip past his lips.

"Ciel... Though I know now that tonight will not be the end, I cannot stop myself from thinking such things. You will live for many years more, but, despite that, your lifespan is but a blink in the eyes of a demon. When your time on this earth is over... How am I supposed to live without you? How will I carry on, bearing your memory through the ages?" his voice was quiet, pensive, despairing even, and it caused Ciel to stop and think.

He's right... I am mortal, and he is immortal. Even if we continue like this our love cannot last forever. The realisation almost brought tears to his eyes but, not wanting to appear weak when Sebastian seemed so vulnerable, he steeled himself and tried to think of a solution.

"There must be a way to solve this. Somehow... Somehow we must be able to stay together. I don't know how but it must be possible." he replied, determined to find a way.

"That I don't know... Demons cannot become mortal..." Sebastian's voice trailed off into silence, and he lifted his head slightly, his crimson orbs now filled with the bright spark of hope as an insane idea entered his head. "Unless..." he stopped, unsure of how to continue.

"Unless what, Sebastian? Is there a way?" the boy replied hopefully.

"My Lord... If I cannot become mortal, the perhaps... Just perhaps, I could-" the demon's voice dropped to a whisper as he leaned in, his lips just millimetres from the boy's ear as he whispered the last few words.

Both of their faces shone with renewed optimism for their futures which, now, seemed almost within their grasp.

//A/N://

Teehee, sorry! I've made you guys wait this long then left you with a cliffhanger on the first update... I'm too cruel.

I've got a couple more chapters on the way; I'll have them written up and published asap, I promise! And oh my god for an update after two months this is absolutely awful. I'm so sorry. After so long at school my brain has quite literally died. It's way too short as well; the next ones will be longer!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

837K 22.2K 26
Sebastian and Ciel's relationship has changed after their contract ended. Ciel is no longer serving the queen but, like always he's managing his busi...
19.4K 727 10
You happen to come across a mansion that just so happens to be the mansion of the "Queen's Watchdog", the Earl Phantomhive himself, Ciel. You happen...
183K 6.3K 42
[ now complete! ] Sebastian Michaelis had watched his master suffer through many things, but this, more than anything, made his blood boil. How...
26.5K 873 15
[Modern Day Black Butler - SebaCiel] After his aunt dropped Ciel off to his new school, Ciel makes a few new friends, but he also meets his first lov...