The Immortality Plot

By DavidCallinan

Ex-US government assassin and Hong Kong Police martial arts enforcer Mike Delaney is kicked out of the force... More

The Immortality Plot - chapter 1
The Immortality Plot - chapter 2
The Immortality Plot - Chapter 3
The Immortality Plot - chapter 4
The Immortality Plot - chapter 5
The Immortality Plot - chapter 6
The Immortality Plot - chapter 7
The Immortality Plot - chapter 8
The Immortality Plot - chapter 9
The Immortality Plot - chapter 10
The Immortality Plot - chapter 11
The Immortality Plot - chapter 12
The Immortality Plot - chapter 13
The Immortality Plot - chapter 14
The Immortality Plot - chapter 15
The Immortality Plot - chapter 16
The Immortality Plot - chapter 17
The Immortality Plot - chapter 18
The Immortality Plot - chapter 19
The Immortality Plot - chapter 20
The Immortality Plot - chapter 21
The Immortality Plot - chapter 22
The Immortality Plot - chapter 23
The Immortality Plot - chapter 24
The Immortality Plot - chapter 25
The Immortality Plot - chapter 26
The Immortality Plot - chapter 27
The Immortality Plot - chapter 28
The Immortality Plot - chapter 29
The Immortality Plot - chapter 30
The Immortality Plot - chapter 31
The Immortality Plot - chapter 32
The Immortality Plot - chapter 33
The Immortality Plot - chapter 34
The Immortality Plot - chapter 36
The Immortality Plot - chapter 37
The Immortality Plot - chapter 38
The Immortality Plot - chapter 39

The Immortality Plot - chapter 35

28.6K 20 0
By DavidCallinan

 The front door was open. Delaney signalled to Ryan to stay one step behind him as they entered a hallway, leading off from which was a magnificent living room whose decor included custom millwork, coffered ceilings and Brazilian walnut floors. It was a superb soaring, arcing, two-storey beamed living room.

They slowly crept into the main room of the house.

It was empty. It looked and smelt as if it had been recently disinfected. Delaney stood perfectly still. Behind him Ryan did likewise. Somewhere a clock was ticking. There was no other sound. Delaney’s hearing was attuned to picking up the subtlest of sounds. He had been blessed with this gift.

Nothing.

The room was bare of anything personal, anything that bore the hallmark of its owner. Comfortable chairs and armchairs were spread around the living space alongside numerous pieces of furniture from a beautiful armoire to occasional tables and sideboards complete with elegant statuary. A large living room table dominated the center of the room. It was empty.

Drip!

Drip, drip!

Delaney saw it then. A pool of blood was forming a glutinous puddle on the highly polished floor just beyond the table. Delaney and Ryan raised their eyes together. Ryan choked and grabbed Delaney tightly. It took all her self-control to prevent her insides and her bowels from emptying themselves.

Delaney winced at the sight. He had seen some dead bodies in his time but this –

Herman Letski was naked. His body had been suspended from one of the giant wooden cross beams by a chain looped over it ending in a large iron hook. The chain could be raised and lowered by a small pulley. But it was where the hook was positioned that was so appalling. The point of the hook had entered the back of Letski’s head, under his skull, entering his brain. His entire body weight was hanging, supported by his skull. It was only a matter of time before it obeyed the laws of gravity.

At that exact moment, Letski’s head and skull would separate from his body.But this wasn’t the end to the horror.

A message had been carved into Letski’s chest with a sharp instrument such as a scalpel. Although rivulets of blood were descending along Letski’s body until they reached his toes and then formed the drops that formed the pool of blood on the floor, the message was clear. And it was personal. ‘The Monk is next’.

Buy complete book:

http://www.davidcallinan.com/Thrillers/Books/immortality-plot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 2.5K 37
{Wattpad Featured Story} Nolan Clay was convicted of murder and dishonorably discharged from his marksman position in the Navy SEALs all in one night...
109 0 33
in a world where Assassins and Nobility rule over the common good of all the people, Father Connal is given two children; Cinead and Eileen. but Fath...
222K 4.3K 33
Samantha Hurley, the precious daughter of CIA Assassin Trainer Stan Hurley, has been apart of the CIA for over eight years. She's seen it all and fra...
Kevin Died By Tyree

Mystery / Thriller

154K 14.5K 39
March 24th, 2014: Kevin Vรกsquez goes missing. April 9th, 2015: Kevin's remains are found. March 24th, 2016: Ricardo receives a message from an unknow...