Prove Me Wrong - joshler

By proovemewrong

ruby red meets golden brown. More

golden brown
ethereal
carcass
ruby red

inevitable

267 12 9
By proovemewrong

I almost forgot the smell of air after it rains. Or the crisp scent of grass freshly cut. I missed the sound of children playing, reminding me to be joyful. Or the warm feeling I endured in my chest when a stranger passing by smiled at me. It made me feel of importance. Like i was actually acknowledged for a change. Those were few of the thousand things i took for granted- mostly because i had assumed there would be a thousand more. And all of that was pretty much taken from me when I was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma at age 17.

The doctors say its a pretty rare form of cancer but im not one to throw a pity party. Although, death is inevitable. If you're going to die why not have it be at 22 with your entire life ahead of you! Yeah, yeah, i know im slowly rotting away in the worst possible way but at least i try to remain positive. My mom thinks i have depression, I think thats a load of shit. It should be no surprise i'll have the occasional blues when reminded that my cells are multiplying at an abnormal pace.

I've been dealing with this for a few years now you'd think i'd get used to it.

You were wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS IS MY FIRST FIC SO IT MIGHT SUCK BUT PLEASE READ AND TELL ME WHAT U THINK OK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47.7K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
355K 17.3K 78
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
148K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...