The Masked Singer

Oleh xFakingaSmilex

• Previously Featured on Wattpad • Everyone dreams of becoming the next big thing in the music industry beca... Lebih Banyak

The Masked Singer
Chapter One
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
[Chapter Five]
[Chapter Six]
[Chapter Seven]
[Chapter Eight]
[Chapter Nine]
[Chapter Ten]
[Chapter Eleven]
[Chapter Twelve]
[Chapter Thirteen]
[Chapter Fourteen]
[Chapter Fifteen]
[Chapter Sixteen]
[Chapter Seventeen]
[Chapter Eighteen]
[Chapter Nineteen]
[Chapter Twenty]
[Chapter Twenty One]
[Chapter Twenty Two]
[Chapter Twenty Four]
[Chapter Twenty Five]
[Chapter Twenty Six]
[Chapter Twenty Seven]
[Chapter Twenty Eight]
[Chapter Twenty Nine]
[Chapter Thirty]
[Chapter Thirty One]
[Chapter Thirty Two]
[Chapter Thirty Three]
[Chapter Thirty Four]
[Chapter Thirty Five]
[Chapter Thirty Six]
[Chapter Thirty Seven]
[Chapter Thirty Eight]
[Chapter Thirty Nine]
[Chapter Forty]
[Chapter Forty One]
[Chapter Forty Two]
[Chapter Forty Three]
[Chapter Forty Four]
[Chapter Forty Five]
[Chapter Forty Six]
[Chapter Forty Seven]
[Chapter Forty Eight]
[Chapter Forty Nine]
[Chapter Fifty]
[Chapter Fifty One]
[Chapter Fifty Two]
[Chapter Fifty Three]
[Chapter Fifty Four]
[Chapter Fifty Five]
[Chapter Fifty Six]
[Chapter Fifty Seven]
[Chapter Fifty Eight]
[Chapter Fifty Nine]
[Chapter Sixty]
[Chapter Sixty One]
AUTHOR'S NOTE [MUST READ]
BONUS CHAPTER
- DELETED SCENES -
Q&A
The Masked Truth (Summary)
The Masked Truth (Preview)
[Chapter Fifty Eight]
[Chapter Fifty Nine]
⋆ Other Stories You Might Enjoy ⋆
The Masked Singer | Competition
Coca-Cola | Short Story
Multimedia

[Chapter Twenty Three]

91.3K 3.7K 658
Oleh xFakingaSmilex

Fun fact: if you where reading the original book, this would be chapters 36+37 (double update ;) That's also 44,320K words you've currently read! If you've enjoyed this chapter, please support the book and my writing by commenting bellow or voting up the top -> 

Chapter Twenty Three 

It's an effort to move forwards, to drag one leg in front of the other and progress through the door of my hotel. I'm exhausted. I want to flop on the ground and ask Alex to drag me inside to my bed.

"I'm exhausted." I moan.

"This isn't even exhaustion Sienna." Alex chuckles.

"I feel like it." I frown, "Like I've been at a music festival all day and I'm just sitting down to notice the effects."

Plopping down on the couch, I stretch my body out and snuggle into the soft fluffy material of the blue couch cushion.

"I'm glad it's just five songs we have to write, only four more." I grin happily. I'll take these small accomplishments.

"Still four songs and plenty of late nights ahead of us," he says.

Glaring, I throw the cushion at him. Alex catches it in the air, and then sits next to me.

"You make it sound like a war strategy, not writing songs."

"You can choose how you want to see it, and I will myself." Alex shrugs his shoulders, "How can you be tired? We were just in the studio?"

"My brain is mentally tired," I huff.

"It's seven thirty." He pokes my shoulder, "Maybe you need to exercise more," he genially suggest.

Exercise, I'm not sure that word is equipped to go into the same sentence with me.

Before I am able to respond to Alex's comment, my phone rings. I have to muster up the strength to pull my phone out of my back pocket to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Rils." The tone of his voice puts a damper on my mood, "I won't be home until late."

"Oh, okay," I respond.

"You also need to call your mother, she's getting worried about you," he sternly says, "I've given you enough time to settle in."

"Okay, I was going to do it tonight, I just got home."

"Don't give me attitude!" The line goes dead, and I let my head drop in annoyance.

Moving off the couch, I head to the bedroom and shut the door behind me. I throw myself on top of the bed, and my body bounces slightly when I land on the soft bedding. Somehow it's like a stress reliever. Being weightless for a second.

The door to my bedroom opens and Alex walks inside.

"What happened?" he asks.

I don't reply, I stare intently at the bedhead in front of me.

"Tell Alex what's wrong." He pokes side.

"Stress." I grab a pillow and burry my face into the cool material.

"You keep doing that." Alex removes the pillow from my grasp.

"It feels good." I pout.

"You need to get out more." He laughs.

"I do... for work."

"We went to the beach the other night," he points out.

Rolling over, I prop my head up with my hand and smile at Alex.

"What?" he worriedly asks.

"I want to do something fun!" The only fun thing we've done together is go to the beach – I think we need to bond over something more than time spent in the studio recording music.

"We could go to a party, I heard there's one on tonight," he suggests.

My ears perk up at the mentioning of party. Dad won't be home until late and Alex always has security bobbling around him. I'm going to pay for the consequences tomorrow morning, regardless. I want to have some fun – loosen up, might help with the writer's block.

"My father would murder me – Sienna and attending parties are the biggest sin in the world."

"Not if it's a social work event." His eyes light up, "Ask your parents." He pats my knee.

"Loving the word choice."

"Call your parents, I'll organise something with Mitch so that we can go." He smiles.

"Sounds like a plan. I expect you to be ready when I get back." As Alex leaves the room, he pulls out his phone and dials Mitch's number.

With Alex safely in the next room, I call my mother. The phone doesn't get much chance to right because it's answered straight away.

"Hey baby, I've been waiting for you to call since you left," she excitedly says, "I didn't want to call, thought you would be busy. But, hi!"

"I'm sorry." I bite my lip, "I've just been, blah."

"I'm not mad, I just miss you." Being away from my family makes me aware of the things I enjoy without them – the space. But also the things I miss – my mother. The cold sound of the door echoing through the hotel room every night it, disheartening. I miss the sound of my sister's weird music blasting out the shower and the weird loud noise the pipes make when the shower runs.

I miss my family. Calling Mom and hearing her voice is painful yet comforting.

Laying back in bed, I hold the phone to my ear and listen to her day and the events Hannah has been up to.

"Enough about us, how are you? Any plans for tonight?" she eagerly asks.

"Um. I was asked to attend a party – "

"Did you ask your father?" she cuts in.

"- it's with respectable people in the music industry and good for my image. I haven't had the chance, I wanted to talk with you first – I miss you!"

"That's nice," she replies.

"But I might give it a miss. It's the first night I've got to myself since arriving," I add so I don't sound too keen on the idea.

"Maybe you should stay in," she agrees.

"I'd just hate to be disrespectful."

"Maybe you should." My mother sounds conflicted too.

"I could even Skype Hannah, perfect bonding time for us." Mom's end of the phone goes silent as she things about it.

"You should go if it's good for your career."

"Thanks for helping me decide Mom, you're Stella."

"I'll let Hannah know to get on her computer." Before I'm able to respond, the phone line is dead. I think she just hung up on me?

I quickly grab my computer and take it into the bathroom with me. As soon as I sign onto Skype, I get an incoming call from Hanna.

"We want to see clothing options first," I can hear Lucy yelling out.

I enlarge the screen and see that Hannah has set her laptop up in the dining room. Mom, Lucy and Hannah are gathered around the computer with excited faces.

"I want to see the hotel room first," Mom pipes up.

To compromise, I show Lucy and Hannah my two dress options and while giving Mom a grand tour of the hotel – being careful to show her quickly without walking into a wall. By the time I show her the place, Lucy and Hannah still haven't decided on an outfit choice. Each wasn't the other one.

"I like the black dress," Lucy clearly states.

"I want her to wear the red on," insists Hannah.

"Well, what does Riley want to wear?" Mom asks.

The two stop arguing to look at me. I'm torn between the two and I don't want to pick sides either.

"The black dress?"

"That dress it is," Mom says excitedly, "You better start getting ready."

"I'm going, I'm going." I laugh.

Taking the dress, I go into the bedroom and quickly change into it and then hurry back into the bathroom to get their approval.

"So pretty Hunny," Mom calls out the loudest.

"You look good," Hannah compliments and Lucy has a smug smile plastered across her face.

"Beautiful," adds Lucy.

"Make sure you take photos," reminds Mom.

"I promise to do them before I leave." I grin.

Turning my attention towards the mirror, I begin fixing my hair and make-up. There's enough curls in my hair that I can do a re-touch. As for my make-up, I build onto the pre-existing eyeshadow and liner.

When I'm done, I turn to the webcam and smile at the three as I spin around in circles.

"How do I look?" I ask.

There's a chorus of 'perfect' and 'beautiful' coming from my computer speakers.

Someone knocks on the bathroom door which sends me into a state of nerves. I hope Alex likes me five minute throw together.

"I have to go, bye." I wave before disconnecting the call. I look over the mirror once more before opening the door – only to come face to face with Dad.

"What are you doing home?" I ask.

"I've been calling your phone for the past hour," he shouts, outraged from my behaviour.

"I've been talking to Mom for the past hour, sorry."

"I hear from Alex's security team that you want to run around at some stranger's party, and I will not accept that. Get changed, you have work and interviews tomorrow. I didn't fly out here for you to run off to parties behind my back," he scolds.

"No, we flew out because you're always on business." I slam the door shut in his face and quickly regret it.

I've never done that before – never thought I could. I couldn't stand the way he was treating me. I asked Mom if it was okay, I'd be with Alex and his security as well as my own. They're professional baby sitters – way safer than attending a party in my home town.

"Riley, open this door," he instructs.

My hand shakes as I grab a hold of the knob and twist.

"If your mother is okay –"

"- I thought it would be good for my image, to show Sienna out socialising with other celebrities. It would help promote my album as I would be talked about in the media," I say.

"Home at twelve thirty, and don't leave your security guards, can we agree on that?" he asks.

"Yes, I can." I smile weakly.

"When are you leaving?" Dad looks uncomfortable letting me go, but knowing Mom is on board with the idea must mean something?

"Soon, or when Alex gets here. I need to take a few pictures for Mom," I explain.

"I can do that for you," he offers.

Dad pulls his phone out of his jacket pocket and then flicks the camera settings up. I stand in front of a blank wall in the bedroom and do a few poses for the camera. I put on my biggest, brightest smile for them. When he's finished, I hurry over so that I can have a look.

When the black dots disappear from my eyes, I look at the photos and blush. I look horrible! I've stood under unflattering lighting which makes me look weird and orangey. The only good thing about the image is the twinkling glitter on my dress.

"You look beautiful." Dad proudly grins.

"Can you please send them to Mom? And if someone answers the door –"

"- I've got work to do in my room," says Dad.

"Good." I smile.

Before Dad leaves me, he randomly pulls me into a tight bone crunching hug.

"I don't know if you know this." He then holds me at arm's length, "I'm really proud of you."

I want to scream, shout and cry. My father's never said anything like that before. I've never felt like I've made him proud until now.

Dad leaves me to my own devices. So I enter the bathroom so that I can take a full picture of myself for Instagram. I put my mask on and then smile brightly and snap a picture – uploading it to the app with the caption: 'Welcome to NY' with the cocktail and balloon emoji's.

There's a knock on the front door, so I drop everything I'm doing. I walk out into the main area to see Dad's bedroom door closed. Taking a deep breath, I open the front door and great Alex.

"Mitch is downstairs waiting for us," says Alex.

My heart sinks, just a little bit. I was hoping the first thing he would say is a compliment.

"Okay." I smile as I close the door behind me.

I walk alongside Alex as we head towards the elevator at the end of the hall. I feel awkward and overly cautious of my movements. I need to break the silence so that I can feel comfortable.

We climb inside the elevator and the mirrors inside gives me a chance to properly check him out. His black skinny jeans accentuate his ridiculously long legs and his white dress shirt makes it a casual outfit and smoking hot.

As my eyes scan over his body, Alex catches my eyes in the mirror.

"You look nice," I compliment.

A flirtatious smug smile appears on his face. He leans into me and whispers, "You look beautiful tonight, Sienna."

The elevator doors ting, shoving us into the world again. There's people lined up outside the hotel with fan sings, and others with expensive cameras. I turn to smile at Alex and then walk out the elevator with confidence.  

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.3M 163K 47
The world as we know it ended 209 years ago. From a desert wasteland springs a single kingdom, ruled by a tyrannical King and trapped in an endless...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
198K 11.5K 92
Maisie is unlucky in love. Not that she considers herself special, or anything - who hasn't been disappointed in relationships time and time and time...
1.6K 149 12
(CREDIT FOR THIS IDEA GOES TO @sarahsbreathmint) Everything is great in y/n's life, she's happily with the love of her life Diane Sherman. But when D...