A Lucky Catch

By DaddiSeager

Alani Ramirez is a 22 year old graduate from UCLA. She has her first job out of college as the athletic train... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FANFEST / NO UPDATE
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 part I
Chapter 39 pt II
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 21

1.2K 19 72
By DaddiSeager

October was almost over and we had the series tied in the World Series with Cleveland Indians going into game 7. We were in Cleveland Ohio preparing for the last and final game of the year. This game will determine if we are the World Series Champions or not. The Dodgers haven won a World series since 1988 and have been to the playoffs 13 since then. The team is clearly due for a ring.

The tension around this hotel is very strong. Everyone went to sleep in game mode and woke up in game mode. This is the most focussed I have ever seen this group of boys.

The girls and I were about ready to head to the field. ¨I don't know what to do, do we wish the boys luck or do we just let them get in their own mode. This is so weird. I'm so used to being with Joc before games.¨ Crystal said lowkey freaking out.

¨Same, I feel like if we tell them anything they will get nervous but then I want them to know we are cheering them on. You get me?" Layla said feeling the same way.

"Don't worry, they know you we are cheering them on. Just give them a kiss before we separate ways and they'll be fine." I said laughing at the two girls acting like wrecking balls. (lol I legit sang the song when typing that. 😂)

They both just nodded and got all of their belongings which consisted of extra clothes, portable chargers, waterproof phone cases, and purses. Can you tell we are expecting to win the World Series tonight?

There was then a knock on the door signaling it was time to roll out. (Autobots roll out. I'm making myself laugh 😂😂)

I opened the door and sure enough it was Corey and the other two ding dongs behind him. "Ready sweet thang?" he asked before pecking my lips.

"Yes daddy." I said with a smirk. "Okay we all know what that phrase leads up to and we can't have that now, so let get going." Joc said breaking the two of us up. "Crystal you need to get this boy laid after tonight because he's grumpy." I said causing Joc's eyes to widen.

"Yeah we'll see about that." Crystal said smirking at him and continuing walking ahead.

Corey's Pov:

Nerves... All we had were nerves. This whole postseason has been one hell of a rollercoaster and we are ready to go all out and get that ring. You could tell that everyone was on edge because it was all small talk around this hotel.

"Ready boys? I'm ready to finish it all up here in Cleveland. What you guys think? You in?" I asked trying to get these boys pumped and ready.

"Fuck yeah we are." Joc said getting excited.

"Let's get that ring boys." Trayce said walking out to the door.

We were about to head to progressive field in Cleveland Ohio but had to stop by the girls room and make sure that they were ready to go. I knocked on the door and awaited for it to be opened.

"Ready sweet thang?" I asked before pecking my girl's lips.

"Yes daddy." Lani said with a smirk. "Okay we all know what that phrase leads up to and we can't have that now, so let get going." Joc said breaking the two of us up.

"Crystal you need to get this boy laid after tonight because he's grumpy." Lani said causing Joc's eyes to widen.

"Yeah we'll see about that." Crystal said smirking at him and continuing walking ahead.

"Bro you still haven't fucked?" Trayce asked teasing him.

"No dumbasses. You know sometimes it ain't always about the sex. She knows how to fire up a meal, and that wins my heart bro. Get you a woman that can cook." Joc said soundy hella cheesy.

"Layla can't cook, she'd probably burn the house down." Trayce said being serious.

"Explains why she lives with her sister." I said laughing.

"Someone's got to feed her." Trayce said looking at Layla up ahead with Crystal and Lani. We all started laughing because if you just look at the things Layla does, it's automatically hilarious.

It was tied 3-3 and we were heading into the 9th inning. This is it, we need runs right here or we go home with the loss hanging on our shoulders. Losing is the last thing a team wants in the World Series game so it comes down to which team wants it more.

We were at the top of the lineup with Chase leading off. This man has been around the game for long enough he knows exactly what needs to be done. I was in the on deck circle feeling the wave of nervous and eagerness for the win. (Get it eager for Seager HAHA 😏😉)

Chase was up there battling the pitches off over and over and over again. He was now in the box waiting for the 11th pitch to be delivered. Otero was in motion to deliver when he throws a high 93 mph ball inside on Chase hitting him square in the head.

The crowd instantly gasps in shock as Chase falls to the ground right after impact. I instantly ran to him as he was laying there unconscious and in pain.

"Chase. Bro Chase wake up!" I said trying to wake him up with the sound of my voice. He wasn't moving or even awake.

Alani and Coach both ran up pushing me out of the way. "Corey go to the dugout please." Lani said nicely. "I'll take care of him go!" she yelled since my body wasn't moving in shock.

"Corey come on." Justin said pulling me to the dugout. They sat me down on the bench as we all huddled and held eachothers hands waiting for any signal of Chase being okay. I look up to the man that is lying on the floor right now. We all sat there in silence when we saw the aid cart drive towards home plate and taking out the gurney. The stadium was so quiet it was scary. It's true when they say silence is loud.

As soon as they got him on the gurney we saw him move his hands and that washed up some relief off us. "Listen up guys. We aren't going to bow our heads down. Our own man just took a shot and is down. Let's go out there and give it everything we got right here right now. Let's do it for Chase guys." Turner said bringing everyone into a huge group hug.

I walked out on the field and towards Chase. I made my way through the trainers and grabbed onto Chase's hand. "We got this bud. This is for you old man." I said trying to lighten the mood. "Kick ass rook. You are the man." He said squeezing my hand.

"We have to take him now. You got this babe. I'll be with him the whole time. Like Chase said, Kick ass." Lani said reassuring me that she would take care of Chase. I just nodded and watched them take him off the field and into the clubhouse.

"Up next is short stop #5, Corey Seager." The crowd was roaring and screaming as I walked up to home plate. I put one foot into the box making my print into the clay dirt. I took a deep breath in and as soon as I let it out, I spaced out all the noises in the stadium. It was just me and Otero facing off in the top of the 9th inning with baserunner Austin Barnes on first for Utley.

I felt sweat drips form at the back of my neck and slowly trickle down making its way to the trim of my collar. Otero gets in motion swinging his leg up and delivers the ball. I let out all the hunger out of me as I go down and swing at the low inside pitch heading my way. The ball makes contact with my bat and flies into right field.

"She's going, she's going, SHE'S GONE!"

(I am legit Julio and Baez in one 😂)
I was running the bases with excitement running through my veins as I see my teammates going wild in the dugout. I make my way home and go wild with JT waiting for me.

"Let's Go!! Let's fucking go baby!" I yelled making my way to my teammates going ecstatic. Justin was up next and hit a double to right field corner diving in safe. The whole dugout was now on the railings waving their rags and clapping in excitement.

Gonzo was now up and he hit a single into right center with Justin diving in at home scoring. It was now 6-3 and we were still at no outs. Reddick was supposed to hit but Coach pulled the move and put Ethier in to hit and play for Reddick in Right field. Dre was up and he hit a blooper behind short and third moving gonzo over and him with a single. Kiké was up and grounded out into a double play and behind him was Yaz popping out.

After the long fired up inning from the boys, we were 3 outs away from winning the World Series. Jansen was on the mound and we were all prepared to back him up.

Two outs! We have two outs and we are now 1 out away. With one man on base from a walk from Jansen, Javier Baez was up to bat. Baez was up there battling constantly fouling off long shots. Jansen delivers the ball with a 3-2 count and leaves the ball hanging down the middle and Baez swings the bat hard. The ball goes flying into left field and we were all preparing for the worst. Trayce is sprinting to the wall and as the ball was heading into the left field stands, Trayce leaps his 6'3 body into the air throwing his glove up at the ball and snags the home run and it is caught! (I know Trayce isn't playing atm but who cares. I miss him. & bc this is for Ariel.)

WE DID IT WE DID IT!

The whole team including everyone from the dugout goes full sprint into left field celebrating tackling Trayce. "We fucken did it you guys." I said hugging my best friends Trayce and Joc. We were in tears happy as can be. This is a dream come true for this team. Everyone has doubted us from the time we were behind the giants 5.5 games back, from the time we lost our ace Kershaw, from the time when we had two young rookies as starters, from the time when our bullpen couldn't hold our wins, or from the times we would lose harshly, or from the times when we were facing the Nationals, or from the time we got smashed by the cubs 10-2. We have been doubted this whole journey and all we have to say is, WE CONQUERED!

(Fucking Char Char 💙😂)

GUYS WE LOST TONIGHT'S GAME, BUT I HOPE THIS UPDATE GETS YOU INSPIRED TO HAVE FAITH IN OUR BOYS UNTIL WE HIT THE GRAVE!!!!!

THERE IS SO MUCH BASEBALL LEFT AND WE NEED POSITIVE FANS.

I know it is very easy to get mad, angry, frustrated, and every other emotion, but we are playing the game. All we can do is cheer them on a hope they want it as much as us fans do. I was that angry fan tonight, but this update just made me realize that I was acting like one of those doubters. I will not be that.

I'm done ranting, I'm sorry for the late update, but I had chills making this one, and I hope you do too.

?????

What grade are you in?

I'm in 12th 💁

Xoxo- Gossip girl. JkJk 😂😂

-Christina 😇💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.3K 828 49
One sometimes finds what one is not looking for - Alexander Fleming Completed February 25, 2017 ✓
49.7K 1K 77
Luna Packard, girlfriend of Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop, Corey Seager has been given the opportunity of a lifetime to work back in her home state o...
32K 506 28
They were high school sweethearts, the happiest couple, the cutest couple actually until his career took him to the University of San Diego for baseb...
40.3K 1K 60
Viv Yelich has been in the shadows her whole life, in the shadow of her mother and father's successful careers, in the shadow of her perfect sister...