My Body Guard

Par divergentlover_

Beatrice Prior is a princess. Great, right? Wrong. Of course her parents are nice, the King and queen, but th... Plus

•Chapter One•
•Chapter Two•
•Chapter Three•
•Chapter Four•
•Chapter Five•
•Chapter Six•
•Chapter Seven•
•Chapter Eight•
•Chapter Nine•
•Chapter Ten•
•Chapter Eleven•
•Chapter Twelve•
•Chapter Thirteen•
•Chapter Fourteen•
•Chapter Fifteen•
•Chapter Sixteen•
•Chapter Seventeen•
•Chapter Eighteen•
•Chapter Nineteen•
•Chapter Twenty•
•Chapter Twenty-One•
•Chapter Twenty-Two•
•Chapter Twenty-three•
•Chapter Twenty-Four•
•Chapter Twenty-Five•
•Chapter Twenty-Six•
Authors note
•Chapter Twenty-Seven•
•Chapter Twenty-Eight•
•Chapter Twenty-Nine•
Divergent Awards
•Chapter Thirty•
•Chapter Thirty-One•
•Chapter Thirty-Two•
•Chapter Thirty-Three•
•Chapter Thirty-Four•
NOT AN UPDATE
•Chapter Thirty-Five•
•Chapter Thirty-Six•
•Chapter Thirty-Seven•
•Chapter Thirty-Eight•
•Chapter Thirty-Nine•
•Chapter Forty•
•Chapter Forty-One•
•Epilogue•
BONUS CHAP. 1
:)

•Chapter Forty-Two•

15.1K 459 208
Par divergentlover_

{last chapter before epilogue}

This has to be the fullest I've ever seen the castle.

Every corner there is someone and the castle, instead of having a deafening silence like when I was growing up, it is filled with a constant murmur of excited voices.

It's been a month since the funeral service and things have been better. But today is my coronation day and to say I am nervous would be an understatement.

True to his word,  Tobias has been nothing but supportive and loving all the way through my journey of grief and I'm starting to actually imagine a future with him. I can't imagine my life any different to be completely honest.

He owns my heart. And I own his.

The dress I am wearing is simply stunning. It's a light blue, the colour making my grey eyes pop and has  gracious lace swirls shimmering over it.

Some servants came in half an hour ago to do my hair, the same ones to styled it for my 'wedding' with Uriah.

They styled it a milkmaid a braid, with small flowers tucked into the sides. 

It's a strange thing to say about yourself, but I actually feel...pretty.

"Hey love,-woah." Tobias enters, his eyes lingering on my body. I blush under his gaze but I can't help the smile on my face.

Tobias doesn't look and himself. He's sporting a jet black suit, with a sky blue tie to match my dress. His hair isn't his usual messy-just-woke-up hair and instead it's slightly gelled to the side smartly.

His lips curl into a smile as he brings me into a kiss and in that moment I don't care if he's ruining my makeup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has to be the most nervous I have ever been. My hands are sweating as well and shaking, my feet feel so numb I have to keep clenching them to make sure they are still at the end of my legs, and my whole body trembles like I'm going to faint.

There is hundreds of people in the grand hall, from all over the kingdom and some other kingdoms to see me become queen. A responsibility I'm not ready for in the slightest.

I gulp, trying to calm myself but all I can think about is that when I walk out this room, I will be Queen.

"Hey." I hear Tobias voice and look up to see him walking towards me, his forehead frowning in concern. "You know what you're doing, don't you?"

I nod, biting my lip.

"Then what's all the fuss about, hm?" He teases, his smile so infectious I can't help but return it. "You're going to be an amazing queen okay?"

"But-"

"Tris, stop doubting  yourself." Tobias sighs agitatedly. "You've be acting as Queen for the last month anyway. It's just a title, that's all."

He pulls me into his arms and I slowly relax my shoulders and breathe in his calming scent.

"Now," He rubs his hands up and down my arms, bending down so we're at the same height and he can look into my eyes. "Get out there, and become the Queen I know you are." 

He kisses my forehead gently before slipping into the grand hall and leaving me with my thoughts.

I've been told that a song will start when I enter so it's up to me to when it starts.

Taking one more deep breath, I close my eyes, my hand clasping around the grand door handle and slowing open it, my head held high.

The shuffle of chairs were sounded as people stood up at my entrance, and an orchestra began their beautiful song.

I spot Tobias immediately and see him on the front row, grinning ear to ear.

I make my way down the aisle of people, not focusing the gazes of anyone except Tobias. He always has been and always will be my strength.

At the front is our mayor, Joanna. She's from Amity and is known as the kindest out of everyone in the kingdom. That's why she was voted Mayor.

Her eyes crinkle as she smiles lovingly down at me. I've only met her once and it was whe I was very young and I didn't understand how important she was.

"Beatrice." She nods as she greets
me and I nod back and take her hand to pull me up onto the raised platform.

Joanna does some introductions and thanks everyone for coming before asking me to stand before hers and drop to my knees.

"Will you, Beatrice Prior, rule over this kingdom with strength, pride and love?" She starts once I've knelt before her, my head bowed. "Will you always put the wellbeing of the kingdom first? Will you be fair, honest and justly to all your subjects? Do you promise to be a leader, and lead to salvation? Do you promise to do what ever you can to preserve the safety of this kingdom."

"I will." I say loudly and clearly, just like I had promised about a million times. Except this it is different. It's real.

A tall, slim man, kneels and hands Joanna the crown jewels which is set on a blood red pillow. I bow my head as Joanna lifts it in the air.

"Let this crown be a sign of your majesty. Let this crown be blessed and a sign of righteousness and faith. The places the crown on my head with the words and cheers are heard, followed by grand trumpets.

"It gives me great honour to present Queen Beatrice!" Joanna shouts and I clasp her hand to help me stand up next to her. It's overwhelming all the happy faces I see.

They smile and cheer and I can't help but smile back, my head up high with pride.

I spot Tobias on the front row again and he cheers, his eyes dancing with pride. Uriah is next to him, hollering my name like the idiot we know and love.

Looking around more, I see Christina and Will near the back. They're both cheering crazily, glee covering their features just like every other body around the room.

"Long live Queen Beatrice. May the Queen live forever." Joanna finishes  before I'm surrounded with congratulations and happiness. This must be the proudest moment of my life.

And through all the twists and turns, I thought we'd never get here. But we did.

We survived.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been Queen for three days and so far so good. It's a little overwhelming at times, especially without Mother, Father or Caleb telling me what to do like it's supposed to be but I'm getting there.

"Tris?" Tobias asks nervously. We're currently sat in the orchard. The place that started it all.

"Um hm." I hum, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I-I need to, um, ask you something." He mumbles and I sit up. Tobias is never nervous. What is going on?

"What is it?" I ask slowly and cautiously. I look up into his eyes smiling, silently willing him to continue.

"Well, I've been thinking a lot lately." He starts and my eyebrows pull together in confusion. Where is this going. "I've been thinking about the future. Our future."

My breath hitches at his last words as I look up at Tobias, to see him smiling softly down at me. He stands up and holds his hand out for me to grab and pull myself up. His arm snakes around my waist, pulling us so out chests are flushed together before continuing.

"And I was thinking that it's a real honour that I was your first friend and first boyfriend." He is lip twitches and curls to a smile as my cheeks involuntary flush. "But, lately I've realised that I want to not only be your first, but your last too."

He drops to one knee, my hands clasped in his. I gasp, my head shaking slightly as if I can't believe this is happening.

"Tris, you make me happy in a way no one else can." He squeezes my shaking hands tightly. "So...will you marry me?"

At first I can't answer. The words are stuck in my throat from being stunned by the sudden life changing question.

But soon, after considering, I realise there is nothing I would like more.

"Yes." I reply, my eyes becoming glassy with unshed tears of happiness.

Tobias wastes no time, standing and pulling me into his arms, sweeping me off my feet and spinning round making me let out a loud laugh.

When he sets me down, I stand on my tip toes and join our lips. I find myself wondering if I will ever grow bored of his kisses but I can't imagine a time that will happen. I hope they always stay as magical as this one.

"Thank you." Tobias mumbles against my lips and I smile.

"For what?" I hum back, kissing him again like he's my addiction.

"Saying yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's my royal fiancé doing at this time of night, hm?" Tobias' voice sounds from the door and I look up to see him poking his head past the door.

He motions me to stand and I do, only to be pulled back onto the plush chair but on his lap this time.

"What were you doing? It's too late for work, Tris." Tobias mumbles, placing a kiss in the hollow of my neck.

"Just looking at some files." I sniff, grabbing them from the desk before settling myself back on his lap. "It's my Mother and Jeanine, they knew each other."

I show him the file I found and watching his eyes narrow as they scan the pages.

"They were friends. But Jeanine got jealous that my mother was going to be Queen. She started a riot and many were injured, some killed even." I explain, a frown on my face. "I think that's the reason my mother never let me make friends. She didn't want a repeat of the past."

"That must be why Jeanine was sending the threatening notes also." Tobias says. "She still wanted the power that your Mother and Father had."

"I mean, I understand why she did it, but it still wasn't very nice for me growing up." I say yawning in exhaustion.

"Come on it's late. You need to get to sleep." Tobias says noting on my eyes that are nearly closing. I hum as he puts one arm under my legs and the other stabilising the back. My arms automatically wrap around his neck as he lifts me up and out the meeting room.

"Tobias," I ask quietly. "When we have children, promise we'll let them have friends and we wont neglect them like I was."

Tobias pauses in his step. "We're having children, are we?"

My eyes snap open. Damn my sleepy mind with no filter. I know Tobias proposed to be but we haven't talked about anything regarding our future since. What if Tobias doesn't want children? What if I've just ruined everything?

"I-I mean-"

"Tris, I'd love to have children with you." Tobias gently interrupts and I feel myself relax. "And I want them to grow up in a loving home, just like you do."

I smile as my head drops to his shoulder and my eyes drop closed.

"Good night, love." Tobias whispers and I feel myself being lowered in a comfy surface. He places a kiss on my forehead and soon I feel like slide into bed next to me and wrap his strong arms around my small body.

And then I fell into a deep sleep, in the arms of the person I love most.

~~~~~~~~~

Only the epilogue left! I'm so sad this book is at the end, but I don't want to drag it on and for it to get boring.

Sorry this chapter took so long but it took along time to get it right.

I'd like to thank every person who has ever voted or  commented and for your continued support that encouraged me to write.

It still amazes me how popular this book got so thank you for keeping with me through the slow updates <3 I love you all so much!

Keep your eyes open for the epilogue which will be uploaded soon.

Thanks for reading, leave a comment if you enjoyed it! ;)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

417K 12K 98
It's been two years since Beatrice Prior's death, and no one has taken it harder than Tobias has, he still can't get over her. But one day she will...
132K 3.7K 21
Beatrice Prior has it all: money, beauty, friends, fame. Her parents are powerful, influential politicians, but unfortunately this makes her and her...
112K 3.2K 14
"You're my saviour." *** Tris Prior has lived in an orphanage since she was nine years old. No one knows what happened to her family because she wont...
60.6K 2.4K 36
Eighteen year old Tris Prior is the first daughter. Her mother, the President of the U.S., keeps her on a tight leash. Tris just wants to be free. He...