Dear Prudence

By VintageDreams26

Prudence just wanted to go to India like almost every other young adult did in the late '60's. What she was n... More

Chapter 1 If I Fell
Chapter 2 It's Only Love
Chapter 3 I'm Looking Through You
Chapter 4 I'll Get You
Chapter 5 Good Morning Good Morning
Chapter 6 P.S. I Love You
Chapter 7 We Can Work it Out
Chapter 8 I'm So Tired
Chapter 9 Run For Your Life
Chapter 10 Sexy Sadie
Chapter 11 Blue Jay Way
Chapter 12 Julia

Chapter 13 Dear Prudence

311 18 12
By VintageDreams26

John's POV

I tried to fall asleep, but I simply couldn't. I don't know if I was nervous or just simply restless, but I couldn't find rest. I shrugged, and sat up, giving up on the whole concept of sleep. 

I lazily pulled my guitar on my lap and reached for my papers. Unfortunatly for me, the papers were just out of reach. I stretched with all my might and just barely touched them with a finger. I groaned, finally giving up and crawled over to get my papers. 

I hastily crawled back to where I orgianally was, finding no comfort in that particular spot in my tent anymore. I moved the blankets around for a bit, but I soon grew impatient and pushed the sheets into the corner of the tent and just sat on the bare mattress. 

I once again pulled my guitar onto my lap and placed the papers in front of me. I played through the song which I haven't yet named. Perhaps I'll just call it Prudence or something like that. I glanced briefly at my watch. It was already one in the morning. 

I put my guitar down and pulled the covers back onto my matress but yet again, could not find sleep. I sang multiple melodies in my head, trying to calm down my mind. When that didn't work, I counted sheep as cliché as it sounds. 

I still couldn't find sleep so I just ended up lying under the blankets with my eyes closed. I began thinking of the only thing that could calm me down: Prudence. I at last found sleep to her image. 

*****

I slowly began waking up. I let out an exasperated moan since I was still tired. I tried to keep my eyes closed for as long as I could, but I found no reason to keep them closed since I probably won't be able to fall back asleep. 

I sat up, rubbing my eyes open and let out a yawn. I shuffled around in my blankets until I found my watch which was hidden beneath them. 

6:00am

Shit. Who wakes up this early in the morning for absoloutly no reason?! Aparently I just did. 

My mind flicked to the song I had written last night. I felt nervous yet excited at the same time since I had  told Prudence I would play it for her today. Of course, she didn't know it was a song! Perhaps I could fake a surprise for her by giving her the cookie I snuck into the camp!

Oh John, you big wimp! Just play her the damn song!

But what if she doesn't like it?!

You're such a girl Lennon! Just get it over with! SO what if she doesn't like it?!

Yeah... but do I have to show it to her today? What about next week?

Just get it over with already John! Why don't you do it right now? The sooner you get it over with, the better you'll feel in the long run! 

After giving myslef a rather long pep talk, I decided that I would show Prudence the song today. Better sooner than later, eh? I stood up and crawled out of the tent, walking over to George's tent. I knew that Pattie was in her own tent right now, George kicked her out at night so that she could get some sleep at night while he meditated until the late hours. 

I unzipped the tent and set my guitar in the corner. "Hey Georgie!" I muttered. I sat on his sleeping face, knowing that it would be near impossible to wake him up if I didn't. 

"Get yer fat arse off my face!" George demanded. "Fine." I agreed, standing up, feeling satisfied that he was awake.

"What do you want John?" George drawled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. 

"Could you help me?" I said vaguely, grinning. 

George nodded, understanding me now. This is going to be good... 

Prudence's POV

 My eyes fluttered open as I heard whispers coming from outside my tent. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. It was still dark outside (or the sun was rising, but it was still early!), so I don't know what could possibly going on. I sat up and let out a yawn. The whispers suddenly stopped and they were replaced with the gentle picking of a guitar. 

I smiled, lying back down. I could almost fall asleep to this.... 

"Dear Prudence" I heard someone sing out side. It wasn't someone, it was John. I sat back up, captivated by his voice. 

"Won't you come out to play? Dear Prudence, Come greet the brand new day" My smile grew and my heart swelled. 

Was John singing to me? Oh, how sweet!

"The sun is out, the sky is blue, it's beautiful, and so are you" I blushed, feeling butterflies errupt from my stomach. 

Not only is he singing to me, but he wrote a song for me!

"Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?" The song wasn't over yet, but I couldn't resist it anymore. If John cared enough about me to write a song, then there must be some feeling! 

I quickly crawled over to the tent entrance and fumbled with the zipper until I could finally open it. It took my eyes a moment to adjust to the light (since I was in my tent so long). Warm tears of joy slid down my face as I pretty much leapt onto John and his guitar. He fell from the stool he was sitting on, his guitar flying to the soft sand. I was now lying on him as he hugged me, laughing.

"Prunes! You came out!" He said, excitedly. 

"No shit, Lennon." I mumbled into his chest, smiling. I'm possitive his shirt was wet by now due to the tears that were freely falling from my eyes.  

He chuckled. 

We lay like this for what must have been a minute until someone coughed, bringing me back to reality. I turned to see Pattie and George smiling smuggly as they wathed us. George sent John a 'look', to which John nodded at. 

He sat up, so the I was practically sitting on his lap. "Um... Prudence?" He said, sounding a bit unsure.

"Mmmhmm" I hummed, a stupid looking grin plastered on my face. 

"So... I've been meaning to tell you... I um... I like you, a lot... and I was wondering if-" I interupted him with a kiss. He fell back, a bit surprised, but he smiled and kissed me back passionatly. I pulled away after a while, grinning. 

"Well um... that was.... uh... yeah." He stuttered, happiness and shock being evident in his face. He opened his mouth to speak again, but Pattie had other plans.

"OH MY GOODNESSS!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! YOU GUYS ARE SO PERFECT AND YOU'LL MAKE BEAUTIFUL BABIES!!!!!" She shrieked. John and I chuckled as Pattie ran over and pulled me off of John. She took a hold off my hands and started bouncing up and down, smiling like the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. I chuckled a bit at her enthusiasum. 

George took this opportunity to help John up. Once John was standing, George patted his back, chuckling. "Good job, mate. That went better than expected!" George said, smiling. John nodded.

John wrapped an arm around my waist as he lead me out of the campgrounds.

I smiled, feeling completely happy for the first time in a while since I had my darling John at last... and he had his Dear, Prudence.

OMG I'M SUPER SORRY THIS WAS SUCH A TERRIBLE ENDING!!!! I ACCIDENTLY DIDN'T SAVE THE ORIGINAL ENDING SO I HAD TO RETYPE IT, AND IT IS JUST HORRIBLE!!!! 

Sorry it took so long for me to update this too!!! Ugh, I feel terrible. 

But I need to thank some people...

Sooo... @georgiesbisuit is just this amazing writer and fan and Wattpad buddie. You should all check her out if you haven't already... but she has just been super supportive with this story. In fact, she is the one who inspired me to even post this story in the first place! I am just really greatful to have stumbled upon her works because, she is just amazing.

Next, I'd like to thank @I_Am_The_Walrus because she has been really helpful, supportive and kind throughout the entire process of writing the story. She has shared so much wisdom of hers and she has just been an amazing reader and person in general. Thank you. Go check her out too if you haven't already done so! 

And lastly, but most importantly, I'd like to thank everyone who has read this and whether they have voted, commented, or even fanned me for any chapter, thank you. I wouldn't have written this story with out you all. Every single one of you have brought a smile to my face and I just want to hug every single one of you! (Sorry if that sounded creepy....)

But  anyways... at this point, I'm not sure what I want to do with my Wattpad-ing if you will. I have been reading a lot, but I have an idea for another story which I kind of want to post. I'll probbably post a preview for that soon... I will also be editing this, slowly. Also I might do another chapter of this to show you guys what happens afterwards. Idk though... it depends whether you want to know or not. Let me know in the comments! 

Stay lovely my eggmen!

~M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 1.5K 19
John Lennon was the most popular and most loved or hated boy in the whole of, what the friends see as, Liverpool. All the girls always wanted him, de...
16K 448 23
Ella was sure she knew how her life would end up, probably in a kitchen cooking for some man. But life takes an unexpected turn of events when she en...
13.3K 535 27
She never felt like she belonged. Lauren was an old soul - Everything about the 50s and 60s intrigued her. The history, the fashion, music and espec...
21.2K 546 29
Beatles Fan-Fiction In the 1960's, a girl like Amber was considered a freak to most people. But when she and her best friend and fellow BeatleLover K...