Being Watched

By PowerofInnocence

"Stop following me!" I screeched. "You think I like it?!" He was shouting now. "It's not my freaking fault th... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter-7

879 45 31
By PowerofInnocence

"Lily! Where were you girl?!" The redhead whose name I didn't remember pulled me into a hug.

"Umm...I'm Allisa, Lily is my best friend." I told her as subtly as possible.

At the very next moment she pushed me from her chest, grabbed me by my and took a close look at my face taking in my every detail.  "No. You are Lily." She stated.

I just blinked at her.

Is she mad? I mean, I don't want to be rude but when I'm telling her myself that I'm not Lily who is she to tell me who I am?  "I --"

"Alissa!"  I heard Cameron's voice from the far end of the room. I finally saw him waving at me sitting beside the table which I guess was meant for me. I glanced back at the redhead who rolled her eyes and went away leaving me snickering and Zack with an amused smile.

We were here for like ten minutes and I could tell that this place  was a mess with people and red cups. It's on the second last floor of some fancy hotel with the music blaring from the speakers beside a dance floor.  I walked up to the table with Zack following behind, quite glad that Cameron chose the table far away from the noise of the speakers.

"Hey." He breathed out. Taking my hand in his and pulling out the chair for me to sit. He was wearing a dark green tux with a bowtie even and gelled his fringe a bit upwards.

"Hi Cameron." I smiled at him. A real smile. He opened and closed his mouth and fiddled with his hands. He was quite nervous.

"So, you want a drink or something?" He finally asked. I just replied with a 'sure' and saw him sprinting away.
I felt a heavy gaze on me. As I looked behind I saw Zack looking directly at me but as soon as he knew that I was looking back, he quickly looked away.

If I just turn back in my seat that would be very awkward, so I decided to start a conversation with him.
"So.. Did you like him?" He seemed quite surprised by me as I could his eyes a bit wide. But soon, he narrowed them.

"I will never." And with that he walked away taking his gorgeous body with him. 

Well, that was rude.

As I was about to go behind asking why he said that when I heard a click on my table with Cameron smilling down at me. I smiled back with a thank you as he settled down in his seat.

"Where's your bodyguard?" He asked.

"His name is Zack." I stated. Taking a sip from my drink and taking in the burning sensation. 'Burning sensation' was an understatement, it was like fire in my throat. Whatever it was, it felt quite strong.

"Yeah, whatever, but he is your bodyguard, right?" He laughed a bit but stopped taking in my reaction. I don't know what was there to laugh.

"He likes himself to call him by his name." I told him with a serious face.
Calm down Allisa, you're ruining everything. I finished my drink to half to keep my mouth shut but cringed at the after effects.

Cameron is just stating the fact and Zack didn't even say anything like this.

"He went to take some fresh air or something." I quickly added.

He nodded and sighed "Thank god."

I blinked. "Excuse me?"

"Nothing... it's just, I really can't stand him." He said and waited for my reaction. I wanted to ask why but I really needed to stop talking about him. Why am I even talking about my bodyguard on my date?
I smiled at him, this time a fake one. I quickly finished my drink and stood up from my seat, waiting for the spinning feeling to go away.

"I need to use the restroom." I breathed out. 

"Allisa, are you okay?" Cameron stood up. I tripped on my heels a bit, but someone else caught me.

"I got her." I could hear Zack's deep voice as he held me by my waist. I took a few deep breaths and was glad that it worked.

"Zack? I'm okay now." I smiled a little at him. He took his hand from my waist and held my arm.  I was okay to go alone at first but seeing the crowd here I changed my mind and pulled Zack with me. He followed at once.

Now another task for me is to find a restroom.

.

We wandered for like ten minutes in search of bathroom when Zack spoke up. "You're looking quite nice today, Miss Cooper. " He said looking down at me.

I smiled at him. "Thank you. And please... Call me Allisa." He smiled back and quickly looked down.

When he looked up, his eyes brightened and he pointed towards the door saying 'Ladies bathroom.' I quickly stepped inside seeing the bathroom much clean than I expected.

I washed my hands and face and sighed. My hair and makeup were still intact so that was not the issue. It was just that I was feeling a bit drowsy. I massaged my temples a bit and smiled at the mirror. I slowly stepped out and went to Zack who was waiting for me.

"You're okay, right?" He asked, his eyes showing a tinge of concern.

I half way nodded but then froze.

I could see them. I could see him.
"Miss Cooper?"

My hand unbuckled from my chest and dropped down limply.
How could he? I so badly wanted to grab his collar and scream at his face, but my feet stayed rooted in the ground.  All the moments we shared together came crashing down to me like a huge wave. It was like I had to keep breathing to keep myself from drowning. All the smiles, all the inadvertent touches, the accidental eye contacts with hidden intentions and all the kisses we shared. He's just sharing it with someone else? So easily?

Evan was kissing a girl.

They turned a bit and now he was directly facing me with his eyes closed.
I blinked rapidly for the tears to disappear. He was so into her. He didn't even care about anyone else. He didn't care about me.
"Allisa?"

Slowly he opened his eyes and his eyes met mine. A shiver went down my spine just by his stare. What he did next just crushed my heart into million pieces.

He smirked, making me feel sick in the stomach.

I so badly wanted to look away but I couldn't. It was as if my stare was glued to his lips showing how much of an evil he was. He slowly rubbed her back soothingly as a tear behind my mascara couldn't take anymore and it slipped down my cheek. I felt as if everything was happening in slow motion. Everything.

At first, I didn't even feel a hand on my shoulder which turned my body to a side.  Just then I saw those familiar deep hazel eyes and I was surrounded by strong arm and pulled into his chest.

And time stopped.

I've never felt so nice  in someone's chest. It felt like home. Inhaling their scent with strong arms covering me.

Shivers went down through my whole body when one of his hand unheld me and started caressing the back of me head. That was when my eyes automatically flutterd close.

Zack had just pulled me into a hug.

I could feel someone's stare boring holes in my body, but I just couldn't open my eyes to see who it was.  I was about to pull away but Zack won't let me. His arms tightened around me. Suddenly, my eyes snapped open at a sound only to see Evan throwing his cup on the ground loudly and storming away without any second glance at me. And it all came crashing to me. He deserved this, more than anything.

"He's gone now." I heard Zack say, as he pulled away quickly and started walking away. It took me a second to register what he just said.
"W-wait." I called out. He stopped and turned to look at me.  "So all this was for him?"

"Ofcourse. I couldn't see you crying, what could I do?" He asked with an amused smile.

I narrowed my eyes "Very funny." I quickly joined him taking big steps. My drowsiness went away as fast as it came.

"I never said it was." He smirked down at me, and with he was gone.

Oh Zack, what should I do with you?

____________________

Next update will be soon, I promise!
Saveri Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 85.9K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
50K 1.1K 23
Alessia is a 14 year old girl, her whole life she has been protecting her little brother, but one day their mother gets killed and they have to live...
14.7K 349 16
ššƒšš‘ššŽšš¢ ššœššŠšš¢ šš’šš'ššœ ššššŠššŸšš˜šš›šš’šššš’ššœšš– , šš—ššŠšš‘ šššš‘ššŽššœššŽ šššš‘ššŽ šš˜šš—ššŽššœ šš’ šš•šš˜ššŸššŽ šššš‘ššŽ šš–šš˜ššœšš .. źØ„
152K 877 27
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...