Enamored | ✓

By AngeliqueToledo

He caressed my hair gently, his fingertips touching large chunks of silky strands, ❝I wanted to give you a c... More

0. Trailer and Author's Note
1. Acquainted
2. Intoxicated
3. Divulged
4. Dread
5. Ultimatum
6. Guilt
7. The First Game
8. La Verdad
9. Ayperos
10. Dangerous Touch
11. Confessions
12. Comfortable
13. Aggravation
14. Amor
15. Game Trois
16. Rest In Peace
17. Horrifying Roots
18. The Bridal Fruit
19. Midnight Visits
20. Teddy Bear
21. Rescue
22. Medio Terrae
23. Runes of Love
24. In The Arms of An Angel
25. By Blood
26. A Necessary Death
27. Savior
28. It's Over
30. Humane
31. True Colors
32. Safe House
33. Attacked
34. Rejuvenation
35. Rejection
36. Discovery
37. Sacrifice
38. The Final Outcome
39. Ambush
40. Chosen One
41. Eternal Love
Epilogue
2ND BOOK *IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
New Book and Upcoming Works after Enamored

29. Catch Me When I Fall

3.7K 156 29
By AngeliqueToledo

Hi guys! Long time no update >.< I'M SO SORRY. I just started college a month ago and it took me awhile before I could finish writing another update. So far, college is awesome except for the fact that I have midterms tomorrow :( Anyways, here's an update for y'all! 

Song: Let Me Love You x Ariana Grande ft. Lil Wayne

"I'm beginning to trust you. It's scaring me. I'm giving you new ways to hurt me every single day. What's strange is...I actually don't think you will.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I didn't know words could hurt you so much especially if they came from someone you love. Refusing to let Angelo see me cry, I willed the stubborn tears from my eyes from falling. I took a deep breath although it pained me after his words stung my heart.

"Fine, if that's what you want." I said to Angelo, my voice void of any emotion. He looked up at me with pity in his eyes. I turned around and stomped towards the living room where I grabbed my jacket.

"Celeste..." Brittany called out my name hesitantly. I looked at her. And from what I saw in her eyes, she knew.

"I have to go." I said, looking away from her.

As I passed through the threshold of the house I realized I lost two important people I lost Summer and now I lost Angelo. A small sob escaped my throat as I continued to walk away from Angelo's house.

I sniffled and I cried as I passed through multiple houses not caring if anyone heard my pathetic self. My heart was broken and the man I loved left me fragile and powerless.

After my tears subsided because I no longer have any more to spare, I realized it was still nighttime and that I was walking all alone down the dimly lit streets of LA. The neighborhood I found myself in seemed safe enough to anyone's standards. However, after being kidnapped and knowing that things live within the shadows I know it was better to be safe than sorry.

I quickly created a protection rune the way that Daemon taught me before I continued to walk to the nearest bus stop. I laughed bitterly to myself. How could I not remember this rune when I needed it the most.

Wiping off the tears on my cheeks I continued walking as I clutched my jacket closer to my chest. A sleek black Bugatti pulled over next to me. The driver's window rolled down and revealed Daemon's exquisite face. He would have been considered my knight in shining armor if it weren't for the words that came from his mouth.

"About time you finally stopped crying." he drawled.

I frowned. I didn't want to be in his presence because I refused to let him see more tears escape from me.

"How would you know I was crying?" I asked him.

"The whole neighborhood heard you crying. Get in." he said tilting his head towards the passenger's seat.

A part of me didn't want to. But it has been a horrible night and I needed a ride home or I'll risk walking forty five minutes to get to my house. The sight of my comfortable bed in my head made up my mind to accept Daemon's offer. I hopped in his car and he took me home.

Once I arrived home, I passed my mother's sleeping form in the living room. I flopped on my bed in the same clothes that were stained with Minerva's blood and fell asleep only to wake up the next morning with puffy eyes and a migraine.

It was a school day and I groaned to myself knowing that I have a lot to make up for the days I was absent. I spared a glance at my phone on my bed that continued to buzz from Brittany and the gang's messages and multiple calls from Angelo.

I shut off my phone before hopping in the shower. Today, I'm going to have a decent day...I hope. After staying in the shower for who knows how long and bawling my eyes out, I finally left the bathroom and got dressed for school when the scent of bacon and eggs wafted in my room.

Mom must be feeling well to be cooking breakfast this early, I assumed. I headed to the kitchen with a spring in my step to give my Mom a hug only to see Daemon setting down a plate full of sizzling bacon, french toast, and eggs while cooking more of the breakfast items.

Seeing him like this was...weird. He gave me a small smile and pulled out a chair for me.

"You must be hungry."

I sat down reluctantly wondering if there's poison in the food he cooked. The grumble in my stomach scolded me from fighting and began to scarf the delicious food into my mouth.

"Easy, love. Slow down." Daemon said rubbing my back up and down slowly. I paused from eating.

"What did you do?" I asked him.

"I made breakfast for you. Is there anything wrong with that?" He shrugged.

"Well, thanks. But I gotta leave now or I'll miss the bus to school." I replied, my mouth full.

As I was about to stand up from my seat, strong hands pushed me back down.

"It's a Saturday, Celeste." He informed.

Well damn, I wore jeans for nothing then. But then again, the thoughts of going back to bed and wallowing with self pity under the soft covers sounded like a good idea to spend the entire day.

"Spend the whole day with me." Daemon offered.

"I think I'll pass." I replied standing up and heading back to my room.

"I promise I'll bring you back by sunset if that's what you're worried about." He interjected.

I sighed. A part of me wanted to stay but I knew that if I stayed, I would think about Angelo again. Perhaps being somewhere else besides home would do me good.

"Alright."

I helped Daemon clean up the kitchen and we both headed outside where a sleek black motorcycle waited.

He handed me a helmet and I took it hesitantly.

"We're going on a motorcycle?"

"Is there a problem with that?" he asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Not at all." I replied with a grin.

Daemon sat on the motorcycle and I followed suit. He started and revved the engine before turning his head to check if I was okay.

Extending his arms back, he took my arms and wrapped them around his waist.

"Ready?" he asked me.

I nodded. And we lurched forward.

My arms tightened around Daemon's waist as the motorcycle whizzed past cars and buildings. The wind felt exhilarating against my skin and for the first time, I felt free. I didn't know where we were going but I didn't care.

As Daemon made an exit on the freeway, I realized where he took me; the beach. It couldn't be. How could he know? Why would he care? As he finished parking the motorcycle, he helped me off the vehicle.

"How'd you know that I go to this certain beach whenever I'm sad?" I asked him.

"I visit this beach all the time, I figured it would be fitting for you to go here after what happened." he replied, his eyes focused on the crashing waves.

We walked on the sand and I lost my footing. I grabbed onto Daemon's shirt and we both landed on the soft sand with my head on his chest. His strong hands were on the small of my back while my long hair spilled on the side tickling his face.

"Sorry," I muttered as I struggled to stand up. His hands tightened their hold on my waist keeping me in his embrace.

"Let's just stay like this for awhile." he whispered softly as he played with the strands of my hair.

As the waves crashed softly on the golden sand, I complied with his request.

I hope you guys liked this chapter! Thank you so much for waiting and I'll see you all soon for the next update. Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me for more updates! 

Xoxo, 

Angelique <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 1.8K 53
*Completed but unedited* Lilith is haunted by ghouls; they pull her hair, hang from her clothes, and try to hurt her as often as possible. Lucas is...
6.9K 297 20
{ON HIATUS} Due to intense cruelty; only 1.04% of Omegas have been left in the world thus, pinning the werewolf community into a tough position. Alex...
71.7K 598 29
As a teenager, things start to quickly disperse and evolve as years go by and you grow older, such as romance, education, occupations, etc. And it se...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...