cigarettes • joshler

By PhanicAtTheF0B

2010 joshler AU where tyler is a troubled teenager with mental health issues and josh is a goody two shoes wh... More

Introduction Pt 1
Introduction Pt 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Life Update??
Chapter 23
I think im done for now.

Chapter 18

230 14 11
By PhanicAtTheF0B

(READ!! ok, guys i entirely forgot that i wanted everyone to be homeschooled, so just pretend that jenna, tyler, ashley, and josh are all homeschooled because i'm such a horrible writer. anyways yep that's why they never go to school. also this chapter is a complete mess im sorry)
***T Y L E R***

"watching them roam around in the forest flashing a camera is kind of reviving."

"what?"

"jenna and ashley."

"you're not wrong." he said. i heard them talking loudly from the forest. they exited, holding hands, while sternly discussing something.

all i heard was "YES HIS NAME IS SPOOKY JIM IM NOT LYING." from jenna.

the freshly orange leaves fell to the ground in an almost uniform fashion. the trees were blossoming into just straight up red and orange.

the door to jenna's house slammed. i never realized how close we lived.

i wondered how jenna's pictures looked. josh's phone buzzed and he looked at it.

"seeya later." he kissed my cheeked and i playfully hit his ass.

"bye, pretty boy." i said.

he rolled his eyes and walked off my porch.
"HAVE A GOOD DAY." my mother shouted from the inside of the house. i heard josh's high pitched giggle as he walked away. i

i felt bored. i got up, went into the house, got my lyric book thingy, grabbed my skateboard, and i skidded quickly across the street to jenna's house.

i knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

"hey boy!" jenna exclaimed.

"hey girl." i said. i looked at the ombré'd sky. light blue transitioning to a darker blue with like a small tint of purple.

"take pictures of that already?" i asked her, about the sky.

"yeah." ashley came to the door. i saw jenna's mom in the back.

"wanna go to the park?" i asked.

"MOM CAN I GO TO THE PARK WITH TYLER?" she dramatically yelled.

"YES. BE CAREFUL." her mother yelled back, a sense of laughter in her voice.

"ok love you." she said. she took ashley's hand and we all walked off her porch.

the park was deeper into the woods, which was slightly intimidating, since it was nearly always dark and there were creepy doll things in the trees.

i wish i was joking.

literal dolls. like wooden dolls.
once there was a wooden monkey with a banana hanging from a tree branch and i threw something at it and it nearly fell on me. i almost cried.

im pretty sure it's still somewhere in my house.

"this still scares the living shit out of me." jenna complained.

"what? teenagers?" she glared at me, then she hit me.

"no, the center of the forest."

"were you not the one who just told me that the forest isn't scary?" ashley barged in.

"the whole forest isn't scary, the center of the forest is. let's guess, you haven't seen the center?"

"no."

"right."

i parted off quickly and snuck around. i tried to be in front of jenna and ashley, so i could scare them.

i was hiding behind a tree when i saw a ripped page of my notebook. i must've dropped it and the page fell out.

i picked it up and read what it said.

"i know
where you stand.
silent.
in the trees.
and that's
where i am.
silent.
in the trees."

i thought for a bit. i folded the paper quietly and stuffed it in my pocket. i picked up a broken doll on the floor of the forest and put it to my face. as i heard footsteps, i grew anxious and ready.

"yeah, there is creepy shit all over th-AGH!" jenna screamed.

"HOLY FUCK." ashley shouted.

i moved the doll away from my face and stepped closer.

"hahaha get wrecked."

"oh you piece of shit." jenna said.

"love you." i said sarcastically.

i thought about another song i forgot i had written.
i stared at the sky and heard the rustling noises of jenna and ashley as they slowly walked ahead.

"..down in the forest!" i sang-shouted.

"wha's he doing?" ashley asked.

"i dunno. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" jenna screamed at me,

"we'LL SING A CHORUS." i sang.
i waited a little for a reaction.

"HANDS HELD HIGHER-"

"WHATAREYOUDOING!" jenna yelled.

"singing forest."

"what the fuck is that?" ashley asked.

"a song i wrote." i waited patiently. they stared at me blankly as i got a cigarette and my lighter out of my pocket. i lit the cigarette and they continued to stare at me.

"have fun with cancer." jenna said.

"i will, hopefully i'll die sooner."

"don't say that." ashley said.

"it's what he gets for polluting the air." jenna said.

"ok fine." i dropped the cig onto the ground and stomped into nothing. "better?"

"slightly."

"i need to write more." i said softly, i looked at the park in the distance. the trees thinned out as they became more separated.

the park was just a giant empty
circle of grassy area with vines growing up everything. the wooden benches were covered in moss and mold and were torn up, ripped and scratched.

"woah." ashley said.

"terrifying." i whispered. "i almost forgot how it looked." i looked around at the eerie shadows of the park. everything was abandoned.

i found a seat and i took my song book and pulled it out of my jacket. i flipped through the pages and read a few things. i got to the bullying page i wrote for jenna and my eyes started sparkling as i looked towards jenna and ashley stand by an old tree.

"jenna.. come here." she reluctantly turned her head towards me, out of fear.

"what?" she said slowly.

"i wrote you something." i said, nearly getting choked up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 407 24
tyler is done. he's hurt, broken, and needs someone to help. // josh regrets his decisions, but he doesn't think there was a better way. // trigger w...
196K 7.6K 49
[tw: self harm, depression, suicide, etc.] josh is your regular popular kid. everyone admires him at school. his life is perfect. tyler is the sad ki...
152K 4.3K 31
That one where Tyler's a cute little blushy baby that's in so deep for his neighbor but cant seem to find a voice or the courage to let the man know.
209K 12.2K 38
typical texting au/josh & tyler play a game and maybe fall in love. [[REWRITTEN]]