Could It Be Forever (Book 1...

By SourFig44

Looking back it all seems like just a dream but when reality sets in we look back an think... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
UPDATE ON MY BOOKS

Chapter 23

278 1 0
By SourFig44

The week went by quick, it was Sunday and I had a lunch date with my mom again.
I was freaking out. I was going to I tell my mom about the baby.

After telling Rheese that I was pregnant he wouldn't let me out of his sight and insisted that I stay with him. The only time I wasn't with him was when I was at work.
He dropped and fetched me, making dinner for me, bath or showered with me.
He was overbearing, treating me like a porcelain doll.
If this was the way he was treating me now, I didn't want to think what was gonna happen when I started to show.

Laying next to Rheese made me realise this was it.
I wasn't the stupid naive little girl from three months ago.
When I leaned over the pool table that Saturday afternoon, looking up into those ocean blue eyes, as he stared back at me, I didn't think I would have ended up in his bed being pregnant with his child.
Now I was looking down at him, laying next to me, and didn't know what the future holds.

Feeling a hand moving to see if I was still next to him. He opened his eyes and have me a broad smile.
"Morning gorgeous," Rheese said, finding my hand and pressed a kiss on it.
"Morning handsome." Smiling at Rheese making googly eyes at me. "It's after ten already. I must be at my mom's before one," I said, stroking his chest hair. My body tingled with just one simple action.
If I stayed in bed any longer we would end up making love again and I my body needed to recover from all the sex we were having. I tried getting out of bed but hopelessly failed at my attempt.
"No...baby. Stay a little longer in bed," Rheese said, pulling me onto his length of his body. Kissing me all over my face and neck, skimming my back with his fingers, leaving me wanting more.
"Bloody hell Rheese. You don't play fair. You know I can't say no to you," I replied, breathing into his hair.
"I know."
Rheese smacked my ass and chuckled.
I couldn't resist him or my sexual surge and have in to him and my desire.
We made love, enjoying everything he did to me, making me come over and over again.
We layed breatless in the aftermath of our steamy sex session, just holding him a few minutes longer.
"Come now. I have to get done," I said, rolling off him.
I scurried off to the bathroom to have a shower, leaving him staring at my sudden actions.

When I finished dressing me, I heard Rheese on his cell. When I went in search of him, he was standing by the railings on the balcony.
The view we had always seemed to take my breath away when I saw it. As I walked up to him he turned around, anger looked on his face.
'Who was he speaking to that made him so angry.'
"Who was that you talking to?"
"Oh, just one of my sister's friends."
Rheese walked up to me and kissed me on my forehead, disappearing into the bedroom.
When it came to his family he was very vage, not giving too much information.

' Why was he speaking to his sister's friend? And why was he angry at his sister's friend?'

I had to make a move before Rheese came out of the bathroom, knowing he most probably would want to go with me to my mom.
As I walked into the bedroom Rheese was almost done getting dressed.

'Shit, so much for my grand escape.'

"Hey, Rheese, I'm leaving now. I'll see you later," I said, walking to his side to give him a peck on the cheek and holding my breath for his reply.
"What? No. You shouldn't have to do this by yourself. Give me a minute. I'm almost done."
I was hoping he'll just let it go but I had a feeling he would react the way he did.
I walked out the bedroom and sank into one of the couches, waiting for him.

***Rheese***

Someone needed to explain to me how a pregnant Liz could become more desirable than what she already was.
Every chance I got Liz would end up underneath or on top of me.
When she first told me she's pregnant, I made sure she stayed with me. Sometimes Liz could be very unpredictable in the way she behaved.
The last couple of days, I would wake up and the first thing I did was reach out my hand to make sure she was next to me.
This morning was no different.
I opened my eyes and saw her staring intently at me. I wish I knew what was going through her mind.
I know she had to go to her mother because it was Sunday but knowing Liz she would also want to go by herself. She was telling her mom today about her pregnancy. I wasn't going to allow that to happen.
I wanted to be there with her when she told her mom she's pregnant. I still had the job of telling my own mother but that I would do when I call her.

Liz was in the shower when my cellphone started ringing.
I hopped out of bed to see who it was.
Gerry's name was on the screen and I had to take the call.
"What do you want?" I said, abruptly.
"Hello to you too. You don't have to be so always assume that I want something from you. Don't you care what's happening in my life?" Gerry replied, sounding pissed off.
"I care about what happens to the baby you carrying. Big difference. Just get on with it. I'm busy."
"I miss you Rheese. I need you here with me. I can't do this by myself anymore," she said, her voice sounding shakey.
"Gerry, what do you really want?"
"You, Rheese. That's all I ever wanted...you. Please Rheese."
I didn't have a chance to reply because she started crying. I was feeling shitty about the way I have been treating her but she knew what we had was only sex.
"If it makes you feel better, I'll be coming home in the next three months in time for the babies birth," I said, speaking to her in a calmer voice.
Hearing the shower water stopped running, I had to get off the cell. Liz would be out soon and I couldn't tell her about Gerry yet.
"Look, Gerry, I have to go but I'll call you tomorrow. Bye."
I switched off my cell, ending the call.

I was feeling like a dick at how I've been handling things with Gerry and after we've told her mom about Liz being pregnant, I would tell Liz about Gerry.
I had to.
When I turned around to make my way back to the bedroom, Liz was staring at me.
I could see the look on her face and knew a question would follow.
She asked me who the caller was and told her it was my sister's friend, which wasn't a lie. But before She could ask anything else, I kissed her and walked off, going to the bathroom.

As I was busy getting dressed when Liz walked into the bedroom.
She looked ready to leave but without me. I had a feeling she wouldn't want me to go with her. I insisted that I'm going with her but saw she wasn't happy about it.

***

After knowing Rheese wouldn't let me go to my mom alone, I had no choice but to let him come with.
We got to my mom's house and when we walked through the door, she was happy to see us.
Rheese has won my mom over with his British charms dispite the fact that she was apprehensive about him at first.
"Hi, mom." I hugged my mom like I always did and Rheese stepped I'm to hug my mom aswell.
"Good afternoon Lillian. How's the hip?" Rheese said, politely.
"I'm doing much better thanks."
Come, sit down for lunch."
The dinning table was layed with all sorts of food and wondered how she managed to make it all by herself.
"Mom how did you managed to make all these food?" I asked, looking astonished.
"I had help. Stop worrying about me."
My mom gave me one of her back off looks again and she went to sit at the table.

We talked while we ate and after lunch Rheese helped me clean up, leaving my mom to relax.
After cleaning I made a pot of tea while Rheese was talking to my mom.
As I walked into the loung with the pot of tea, my mom looked at me with that stern look of hers that I grew up with.
My mom was very stricked with myself and Sophia as we were growing up. She always said she had to play the role of both parents.

"I believe you're pregnant. What do you have to say for yourself?" my mom talked to me in her motherly voice but I knew she was dissapionted in me. Before I could answer my mom, Rheese jumped in and started to speak.
"Lillian, as I was saying, I will take full responsibility for what has happened." Rheese turned to me.
Rheese took this whole pregnancy thing in his stride, excepting of the baby and loving me more.
"Come sit, Liz. I know we haven't talked about it but with your mother's permission, would you marry me."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was in total shock my mouth hanging open at him.
"Are you out of your god damn mind!"
"Liz...watch your tongue."
Hearing my mom but not regestring. "Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean you have to marry me. No. This is insane. What the hell Rheese you can't just go around saying things like that," I said, furious at his proposal.
"But-"
"No! Rheese..."
"Liz!" my mom shouted at me. "Just hear the man out!"
"Thanks Lillian. I don't want this baby to grow up without a father. And I love. You know that," Rheese half begged me to see reason.
"It ain't gonna happen."
I stood up and stormed off, finding myself a quite spot amongst my mother's rose garden.

***Rheese***

After cleaning the table and helping Liz with the dishes, I went to the lounge, joining Lillian in front of the television.
I couldn't wait for Liz to deside when to tell her mom. I wanted to get it off my chest and knowing how anxious Liz was about telling her, I could help myself from taking the burden on myself.
"Lillian, is it possible to speak to you?" I said, in a gentle voice.
I had to be careful how I was going to tell her about her daughter being pregnant.
"Yes, what is it you want to tell me. I hope it's nothing serious. Does it concern my daughter?" Her mom had a frown on her face, looking at me curiously, as she sat on the couch, giving me her full attention.
"Yes, it does but you shouldn't blame her for what I'm about to tell you. I've made Liz pregnant. But before you say anything, I just want to say that I take full responsibility for it."
Lillian looked at me like she Could be throw daggers at me.
It was silent for a few seconds and then she spoke.
"I knew this would happened. So what's your plans?"
"I haven't really thought about it besides getting her an appointment with a good gynecologist but I was thinking..."
Liz came in with a pot of tea and looked at us but her eyes settled on me.
Her mom was the first to speak, letting her know that she knew she was pregnant.
At that moment all I could think about was asking Liz to marry me.
Liz didn't take to kindly to my proposal and after rambling off the reasons it was all wrong, she stormed off.
I didn't think she would be mad but maybe it wasn't the right time to have asked her to marry me.
Lillian eyed me from where she was sitting but I was taken aback with the way Liz reacted I couldn't speak.

"Well, you have my blessing if you wish to marry Liz but you gonna have a hard time convincing Liz that your intentions are honourable."
"Thanks Lillian but I'm afraid you're right. Let me see if I can convince her to marry me."
I got up from the couch and went looking for Liz.

***

Standing amongst the roses, inhaling their scent, I remembered the time when I was welcomed with roses when I opened the door to Rheese's apartment.
I still couldn't believe that he would think I'll marry him just because I'm pregnant with his child.
I know he loves me but what if he woke up one day and realized that's not what he wanted. I couldn't bare the thought of going threw life wondering if I wasn't pregnant, if Rheese would end up marrying me.

I was so lost in my thoughts and didn't hear Rheese coming up behind me until he slipped his arms around my waist.
"So this is where you hiding. I sorry Liz. I shouldn't have asked you to marry me so unexpectedly. I should have-" Rheese turned me around to face him. -"I should have done it like this." Rheese dropped down on his knew, holding my hands on his.
I couldn't believe he was gonna do this for a second time.
"No...Rhe..."
"Before you stop me or say anything, just hear me out. Liz, before you came along I never believed in love but when I saw you that day for the first time, somehow I knew life for me would never be the same again. I tried to fight my feelings for you by staying away that first week after we met but fate had other plans for me. It's not just because you pregnant. Maybe you being pregnant is just hurrying me along but I want you...do you hear me YOU. I LOVE YOU. Now and for the rest of my life. Please do me the honour of becoming my wife. Will you Elizabeth Forbes marry me?"

I didn't realize the tears was running silently down my cheeks, entranced by Rheese declaring his love for me. His blue eyes spoke the truth of what he was feeling.

"Rheese Carter, I LOVE YOU TOO and yes I'll marry you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 66 20
Step into the electrifying world of Nicole, a young woman whose life is anything but ordinary. With a superhero father and a mother who's a savvy rep...
197 20 44
NOTE! looking at rewriting this book **** Mature Content **** Book is for 18+ This is my first book, i am in no means a professional and hope you enj...
5.4K 273 24
A nineteen year old black girl escapes the clutches of her abusive father with her pregnant twin sister. Less than a week later, she's left to mother...
11.4K 468 53
Mature Content 18+ What if you discovered you were attracted to your husband's best friend? What would you do? Adrianna thought she was being lov...