WAR OF HEARTS [J.WAYLAND]

By sheismental

Arabelle Lightwood grew up on the center of the ShadowHunter world. She started training to be a ShadowHunte... More

CHARACTERS
PREFACE
PLAYLIST
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Announcement
Q & A
23
24
25

10

16.6K 500 89
By sheismental

CHAPTER TEN: RUN AND HIDE.

They started saying when you can't hide, run.
When you can't run, hide.
Started thinking love's a loaded gun
Nobody wants to fight.

____

It was 8:00 am when Alec told me to talk to Jace, with all laziness and grumpiness i walk down the hall.

"Alec told me you wanted to see me?." I ask entering Jace's room without knocking, he sighed as he brushes his hair back with his hand. "So?." I ask impatient, the last thing i wanted was stay in the same room with Jace for too long.

"I'm sorry." He uttered and my mouth fell slightly open. It was way too early for his bullshit.

"What did you say?." I ask with squinted eyes.

He huffed as he sat on the edge of his large bed, he looked tired and well regretful.

"I was an ass, i should of stopped Clary. It wasn't right, Belle, you've always been there by my side. And i–." He breathed heavily, i bit my lip. "I repay you like this?." He asked as he makes a gesture. "I know i did wrong but it hurts." He said looking down at the wrong.

I gather all of my strength to avoid running up to him and kiss him, it takes all of my strength to walk slowly towards him. I sit carefully next to him.

"What hurts?." My voice sounded hoarse, he lifts his head up and looks at me in the eyes.

"This. Us not talking, you being so cold with me, though i admit i deserve it." He lightly chuckled and i smiled a crooked smile. He then bit his lip. "I'm sorry, Belle, i don't want to lose you."

Neither do i, but i will lose you either way. We will never be what i want us to be, i wanted to yell.

I laid my head on his shoulder.

"You wont." I muttered, he sighed.

"Are things going to be normal once again?." He asked, hopeful. I was one of the few people that Jace trusted enough to let himself be vulnerable, and the thought of it made me smile.

"We are shadowhunters, dumbass. Things are never normal." I replied sarcastically. He chuckled and grabbed my hand, holding it tight between his warm hands.

"Believe it or not, i missed your witty and sassy self." He chided and i grinned happily.

"I thought so." I replied and he embraced me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist and my arms hesitated before wrapping themselves around Jace's neck. I breathed in, his cologne invading my nose, i took a very deep breath knowing that this would be as close as i will ever get.

He sighed in the hug as well, he caressed my back so tenderly. He did miss this as much as i did.

Tears started forming in my hazel brown eyes, when had things become so complicated? Why the hell did Clary Fray had to come and ruin us like this?. My sob alerted Jace, he quickly departed and took my face between his hands. God dammit, Jace.

His eyes transformed into panic as he scanned my face.

"Belle what's wrong?." He asked alarmed, i shook my head and i tried to smile, but it transformed into a grimace.

"I'm fine." It sounded hoarse again. He shook his hand too.

"Don't tell me that." He demanded. "What's wrong?." He asked slowly, as if i didn't understand the question.

"I just missed us, i missed this." I gestured both of us, trying to smile once again. His hands left my face, no why?.

He nodded slowly, hesitant about my answer.

"I missed us too, Belle." He added with a genuine smile. I chuckled as i wiped the few tears on my cheeks.

"Look at me being all weak, you've got a hell of a privilege Jace." I joked and he smiled, nodding lightly.

"We should go to eat breakfast, Belle." He said as he got up, he grabbed my hand once again and lifted me up off the bed. He grinned as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and we walked—I mean i guess we did, i don't know how my feet managed to work—.

As soon as we walked into the dinning hall, or you could call it that, we got many different expressions. Izzy looked overly happy but for some reason she winced – I knew very well why she winced –, Alec smiled which meant he was happy that now there wouldn't be any tension between our team, Clary seemed slightly shocked – Her mouth fell completely open – and surprisingly enough, Simon looked way too excited – Did he seriously think that his crush on Clary was unnoticeable? –.

We sat right beside each other and before we started eating, Jace cleared his throat, making everyone's attention turned to my –Natural–blonde friend.

"You owe an apology to Belle, Clary." Jace stated to everyone's surprise, i tried to hide my smirk. She seemed even more shocked than before.

"I'm sorry, Belle." Clary said looking at me in the eyes, she was embarrassed and that wasn't right, i know what it feels to be humiliated. And she doesn't deserve to feel that way, I nodded and smiled geniunely at her.

"It's fine, Clary." My soft and high pitched voice surprised everyone. "Apology accepted." I said truthfully as i smiled. She smiled back, thankful that i didn't made any sassy or witty comment.

Izzy cleared her throat, was it really a thing we did here?.

"Clary, remember you need to dress up pretty nice for today." Izzy said and i furrowed my eyebrows.

"What's today?." I asked confused as i grab a piece of bread.

"We are meeting up with Magnus Bane." Jace explained and i grinned.

"The great Warlock of Brooklyn?." I asked, though i knew i was right. I had a close relationship with Magnus, in fact, i'm the only one of the Lightwood siblings he knows. A couple of years ago i went to meet up with him secretly, i wanted to see if he knew what happened to my parents. And though he didn't know a thing, he was helpful enough to tell me to stay away from whatever got my parent's killed.

"I think you know the answer to that, sis." Isabelle grinned back and i nodded.

"I think we all know Belle's relationship with Magnus Bane." Alec rolled his eyes, since he was particularly mad at the fact that i sneaked out of the institute to meet up with a Warlock at a pub.

I rolled my eyes as well.

"It happened years ago, he probably won't even remember me." I chided, though i secretly hoped he would remember me.

As soon as breakfast was over, Clary, Izzy and I waltzed into Izzy's room.

"Dibs on the red leather skirt!." I called with a smirk, Izzy shook her head playfully and walked over her enormous closet.

"I'll go with this." Clary said gesturing her green shirt and jeans, Izzy and I looked up and down at her. I clicked my tongue.

"No Downworlder would be caught dead in that." Izzy said as she shook her head and scrunched up her nose.

"Plus, it's a party, not a poetry slam." I added as i looked at the red leather skirt. "Should i pair this with the black crop top?." I said and Izzy's lip puckered.

"The one that makes it look like you have boobs?." She asked and i rolled my eyes.

"Yeah that one, thank you." I said sarcastically.

"Well, I don't really have any party clothes with me, so-."

Clary was cut off by Izzy, who was already pulling out her best dresses.

"So you'll have to wear mine." She said excitedly, Clary looked slightly frightened.

"You realize, one of these days you're gonna have to tell me where and when." Clary said as she took one of the dresses with her hands and stared at it as if it was something unknown to her.

"When and where what?." Izzy asked humorous as she waltzed over to her closet.

"Where you get your spending money and when are you letting me go to a store?." Clary said as she throws the dress onto the bed.

"She asks for money, that's how and as long as she has clothes to spare – which is always – she will never take you to a store, believe me." I replied for Izzy, Clary looked at me with a raised eyebrow before i jumped on my place. "Well i gotta try this on." I said motioning the red leather skirt and the black crop top on my hands as i walked out of Izzy's room and into my room.

To my surprise, Ethan was sitting on the edge of my bed, my eyes widen in surprise.

"Ethan? What are you doing here?." I asked as i held the pieces of clothing close to my chest. Ethan grinned and walked closer to me, he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I wanted to see you." He said and leaned closer, our lips touching and moving in sync. When we departed he took a glance at the pieces of clothing and raised an eyebrow at me. "Are you going out?." He asked and i nodded with a smile.

"We are meeting the great Warlock of Brooklyn." I replied as i made my way to the bed, laying the skirt and the crop top on the bed.

"Magnus Bane?." He asked confused.

"The one and only." I confirmed, if people already know who he is, why do they even bother to ask?.

"What for?." He asked and my eyes went wide at the fact that i truly didn't know why.

"Huh, i didn't ask." I said as i turned to Ethan. He chuckled shaking his head.

"I suppose i can't go." He winced and then laced our fingers together. I grimaced.

"Jace and Alec will never let you." I joked and he nodded.

"It's okay, i have to go back to the pack." He chided. "I just wanted to see if you were all right, take care please?." He said truly concerned. I nodded looking at him in the eyes, he quickly pecked my lips and then kissed my forehead. "Love you." He muttered before walking away.

Leaving me, like always, with mixed feelings and with no idea of what i was doing. The warmth of Ethan's lips still lingered in my lips, but the warmth of Jace's hands did too. My two best friends, and i was only sure i truly loved one.

"I love you too." I muttered too late.

____

Short chapter but what did you think?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 1.9K 39
Stiles Stilinski? Nah Stiles Lightwood. Who would've thought that? Currently he lives in Beacon Hills pretending to be a useless Mundane when he isn'...
82.3K 4.9K 31
"The law is hard but it is the law" Alec Lightwood is a cop for the NYPD. He comes from a long line of cops in the family. He loves his job. He loves...
26.5K 717 20
Zoey Frey is the twin sister to Clary Frey. On their 18th birthday, their lives get turned upside down. While Clary learns that her memories of an un...
129K 2.8K 43
Olivia Wayland is Jace Wayland's younger sister. She grew up alongside Jace and the Lightwood siblings. She is in a complicated relationship with her...