Joshaya: the long game or nev...

Da bethephmy

Maya Hart and Riley Matthews have been best friends since they were five. They go through everything together... Altro

Introduction.
Girl Meets Home for the Holidays
Girl Meets Photography.
Girl Meets Family Game Night.
Girl Meets Waking Up Maya.
Girl Meets Master Plan.
Girl Meets First Date.
Girl Meets Tell-Tale-Tot.
Girl Meets First Text.
Information. TEEN WOLF FANS.
Girl Meets Hurricane.
Girl Meets Rooftop.
Girl Meets Nurse's Son.
Girl Meets Getting Ready.
Girl Meets New Best Friends.
Girl Meets Rileytown.
Girl Meets Phone Calls.
Girl Meets Truth.
Girl Meets Forgiven & Goodbye.
Girl Meets Texas Part 1.
Girl Meets Texas Part 2.
Girl Meets Goodbye Texas.
Girl Meets Back From Texas.
Girl Meets Unwanted Flashback.
Girl Meets Forgiveness Project. (pt1)
Girl Meets Forgiveness Project. (pt2)
Girl Meets Belief.
Author's Note. Ages.
Girl Meets the New Year.
Girl Meets Birthday Surprise.
Girl Meets Cuddling.
Girl Meets Bay Window.
Girl Meets High School pt1.
Girl Meets High School pt2.
Girl Meets Unexpected Argument.
Girl Meets The Argument Continues.
Girl Meets Nightmare & Advice.
Girl Meets Surprise For Two.
Girl Meets Prospective.
Girl Meets Triangle & Upstate Help.
Girl Meets Ski Lodge pt1.
Girl Meets Ski Lodge pt2.
Girl Meets Bus Ride.
Girl Meets Home Sweet News.
Girl Meets Worry & Cuddles.
Girl Meets An Unexpected Kiss.
Girl Meets Siblings.
Girl Meets I Do.
Girl Meets Changes.
Girl Meets Moving.
Girl Meets Hurt.
Girl Meets Diagnosis.
Girl Meets Waking Up.
Girl Meets Recovery.
Girl Meets Home.
Girl Meets Normalizing.
Girl Meets Texts.
Girl Meets Surprise Visitors.
Girl Meets Discussions.
Girl Meets Going Backwards.
Girl Meets Recaps & Help.
Girl Meets Reminiscing.
Girl Meets Surreal.
GM Hard Conversations.
Girl Meets Resolution.
Girl Meets Contentment.
Girl Meets Sneaking In.
Girl Meets Lazy Days.
Girl Meets Ecstatic.
Girl Meets Party Prep.
Girl Meets Riley's 16th Party.
Girl Meets Crashing Down.
Girl Meets Comfort.
A/N: My Apologies.
Girl Meets Resolved.
Girl Meets Gone Awry.
Girl Meets Christmas Surprise.
Girl Meets Holidays Together.
Girl Meets Treehouse.
Girl Meets Family Time.

Girl Meets Sleep Over.

2.2K 47 7
Da bethephmy

A/N: Outfit attached is what Maya is wearing (I cbf describing it, sorry). Plus this is a very random chapter btw.

Maya's POV.

It's Saturday, 12:07pm; the day after Riley finally confronted her bully. She had gone to school on Friday and showed all the students her weird award show so she couldn't be blackmailed anymore. I can still feel Farkle's arms holding me back so I wouldn't go and beat up the girl.

I try to forget about it as I walk to Scott's place from his closest train station. I forgot he lived so far out from the city that I really regret not getting him to come pick me up.

Well, it's too late now to complain since I'm already at his front door, ringing the bell. There're footsteps inside, coming towards the door until it's finally opened. Scott's mother is standing there, huge smile on her face, hair in messy curls.

"Hello, Maya!" She greets. "Here for Scott?" I nod. "Well come on in. He's just in the shower at the moment."

"Oh." I reply, walking in with her to the living room. There's a blanket on the couch, pillows all moved like someone's been sleeping on it. Probably Melissa since she looks like she just woke up.

"Do you want a drink or anything? I was just about to make some coffee." She tells me and I nod, saying I'll have a coffee too. She walks into the kitchen, raising her voice so I can hear her. "So how's the hand? Still bruised or is it healed up nicely?"

"It's still a little bruised but all good really." I answer back, walking around the living room to look at all the pictures of Scott and his mother throughout the years. There mostly only pictures of her and him, no father or siblings so I assume he doesn't any any.

"That's great news! The stitches should be coming out soon, do you mind if I take a look at them?" She asks, voice getting louder as she walks back in the room.

"Um, yeah you can if you want..." I trail off awkwardly. I don't know if I really want her to inspect this stupid cut again but she asked and she's a nurse so it shouldn't worry me too much.

She tells me to follow her and we go into a small bathroom. Apparently they have three, one on this storey, and then two upstairs. She sits me down on the edge of the bathtub and takes my hand.

I help her take off the bandage that's loosely wrapped around it, and reveal the stitched up gash. "The bruising has definitely gone down." She verbalizes, touching around the bruised part. "Does it still hurt here?"

I wince slightly. "Yeah, a little."

"Okay, well it's healing pretty well so don't worry about it still hurting. You should be able to get the stitches out in a week. If you want, you can just get Scott to tell me when you'll be over next and I'll take them out here for you."

"Oh, okay, thank you, Ms McCall." I answer, smiling. She's seriously so nice.

"Call me Melissa, really." She lets out a small laugh. "Alright well, let's go get that coffee." We get up and go to the kitchen. "You should leave it to air out so don't put a bandage on it anymore unless you know it could get dirty."

"Okay." I nod and she smiles, clearly happy that I'm listening to her advice.

As she begins finishing up the coffees, Scott walks in, wet hair going in all directions, wearing a t-shirt but with a towel wrapped around his waist. He doesn't notice me straight away, looking at the floor while he shakes a smaller towel through his hair.

"Hey mom, where's my fav- oh my God Maya you're early!" He eventually looks up and sees me, face flushing with embarrassment. I start laughing.

"Your jeans are in the laundry, dear." Melissa says, placing my mug of coffee on the table in front of me. I stop laughing to smile at her.

"Thanks." Scott replies, rushing out of the room.

Melissa sits down next to me, sipping her coffee. "He definitely got his weird genes from his father." She laughs. "So, Maya, tell me a little about yourself. You seem to be close friends with Scott and Stiles now."

"Ah, yeah I guess I am. I don't know what to tell you though?" I admit, glancing over to her. Sometimes she gets this look on her face that makes my head spin and insides fill with nerves and I don't understand why. It's like a nurse wanting to know something look mixed with a concerned mother.

"Anything. Got any hobbies?"

"Yeah I guess. Um, just anything creative, like drawing and painting." I leave out things like sneaking out and getting into trouble even though I count those as hobbies.

"Really? Are you any good?"

"Yeah I guess."

"Do you have a part-time job or anything?"

"Nope." I give simple answers, not really in the mood for talking about myself but I don't want to be rude and change the subject. I've never really been the type of person to speak about myself, usually having Riley with me to do that.

"What do your parents do?"

"My mom's a waitress..." I trail off, not really wanting to talk about my father with her. Hopefully she's nice enough to not bring him up.

"And your dad?" I was wrong.

"He left when I was five."

"Oh. I'm sorry." She quickly apologizes, looking at me with sympathetic but loving eyes.

"It's okay."

"Scott's father left when he was younger too. He probably hasn't told you that yet but sounds like you two have that in common." She tells me and my eyes widen. She's right, he's never told me that before.

Speaking of the boy, I can hear his footsteps approaching down the hallway towards the kitchen. I look over to the door and he walks in, fully dressed now with his hair dried and now done up nicely.

"I texted Stiles, he should be here in about ten minutes so do you wanna play the PlayStation while we wait?" He asks, looking at me expectantly.

"Yeah okay." I reply, jumping off the chair and then looking at Melissa. "Thank you for the coffee."

"You're welcome, Maya, anytime. Thank you for the company." She smiles back, happy with the time we spend together. She clearly liked a break away from work and Scott.

I nod and then follow Scott to the living room where he starts setting up a game. I sit down on the couch, waiting patiently.

As he sets it up he quietly speaks. "Sorry about my mom, she can be really in your face sometimes..."

"It's alright. I actually liked talking to her." I admit, smiling to him. I see him roll his eyes and I let out a small laugh. "It's true! I mean, she listens so that's nice."

"Yeah but she questions literally everything." He laughs and sits down next to me, handing me a controller. I thank him and we start playing Call Of Duty, our usual game.

We get fifteen minutes into it when we're interrupted by the doorbell. Melissa answers it for us, letting Stiles in. He rushes into the room, happy and excited.

I put down the controller and look up at him. He's wearing a plain white shirt with a grey and white bomber jacket over the top and red jeans; the outfit suiting him perfectly. He looks really good, just as usual.

"Hey, Stiles." I greet, smiling. I don't know what it is about this boy but his goofiness just makes me smile whenever I see him.

"Maya! Hi." He exclaims, looking at me and then looking at his best friend. "Scott, come on, I said ten minutes like fifteen minutes ago. I literally gave you an extra five minutes."

"You owe me, dude. I was about to beat my high score until you distracted the blonde." Scott huffs out in annoyance, getting up and turning off the game console.

"Sorry Scott." I apologize, fluttering my eyes at him in hopes that he won't be angry with me.

"It's fine, let's just go." Scott says, walking away to say goodbye to his mom. Stiles and I exchange a look and then burst out laughing together before following him.

~

We get to Stiles' place, jumping out of his jeep with our arms filled with food we just bought. Scott and I follow the goofball into the house, going straight up the stairs to his room.

It's slightly cleaner today, no papers littering the floor and the desk a bit more organized which is different. Except now he's dumped all the food onto it so it's a mess again.

Scott does the same and then gestures for me to do it too so I do. I place all the food on the desk, adding to the rest. Now there's a pile of snacks and sodas waiting for us to eat and drink.

"Wanna go raid the cupboard downstairs to add to the snacks?" Stiles asks, a devilish smile on his face.

"Sure!" Scott exclaims, going out of the room. Stiles and I follow, going back down the stairs and then into the kitchen.

There's a man sitting at the small table in the room, clearly Stiles's father. He looks up at us and smiles, greeting his son and Scott before his eyes land on me. "Oh, someone new." He stands up, coming over to us.

"Oh yeah, you haven't met yet." Stiles says, looking between us. "Dad, this is Maya. Maya, this is my dad. Okay cool, now you've met." Stiles walks away, leaving me and his father standing there.

"Well then, hi Maya. How are you?" Mr Stilinski puts out his hand and I shake it nervously. He's a cop so automatically he terrifies me.

"Hi. I'm good, ah, how are you?"

"I'm good, thank you." He answers, smiling. "How'd you meet the boys? Do you go to their high school?"

"No, um, I'm still only in Middle School..." I trail off awkwardly, my head starting to spin a bit, a headache starting up. I don't understand why such simple questions from him could make me feel so nervous, it's not like he's even on duty right now.

"Oh, then how'd you meet?" He asks, sounding kind of suspicious. Lucky for me, Scott hears our conversation and comes over to answer for me.

"I met her at the hospital when mom was fixing up her hand." He tells him, smiling at me quickly and I smile back, relieved.

Mr Stilinski looks down to my hand and sees the stitches. "What happened? That looks really bad!" His voice sounds so concerned, not like a cop now, more like a worried father.

"It's nothing, just cut it on some metal sticking out when I was walking home one day." I lie, hoping he believes me.

"Dad, please don't scare my friend away. She looks terrified right now." Stiles' voice interjects and I smile in relief, happy the boy noticed.

Mr Stilinski looks down at me and his face softens. "Oh, sorry Maya. I'm a cop so sometimes I investigate things too much. Sorry, I'll just go sit down and leave you kids alone."

"It's okay," I smile, feeling more confident now that he's apologized. He nods at me and then goes back to the table to work.

Stiles, Scott and I then leave the kitchen, going back upstairs. Once we're in Stiles' room I jump on his bed, making myself comfortable.

"So I guess she's got the bed then..." Scott trails off and watches Stiles rush over to his bed, quickly sitting down next to me.

"And so do I so you can just chill on the floor." Stiles says, smiling at his best friend.

"I hate you."

"You love me. Now set up the Xbox for me." Stiles commands, giggling like a child.

"Where's the spare mattress?" Scott asks, ignoring what Stiles told him to do.

"In the guest room. I set it up, just drag it in here. And then set up the Xbox!" Stiles tells him. He nods and leaves the room. "So Maya, before Scott comes back I need to tell you something..."

I look up at him. "Yeah, what's up?"

"I don't want to freak you out but I looked you up on my dad's computer the other day when we were talking with Scott and I know you've been arrested before..." My head starts spinning, not expecting Stiles to say that.

"Um, yeah...what about it?"

"I just thought you should know... You don't have to tell me about it though, unless you want to." He tells me and I smile at him. If I'm being honest, I thought he was going to force me to tell him all about it.

"Maybe one day," I reply and then Scott walks in backwards, pulling a mattress with him.

"Help!" He exclaims, looking behind to Stiles with hopeful eyes. Stiles huffs in annoyance but gets up to help anyway. "Thanks buddy."

"Yeah, whatever." Stiles says, rolling his eyes. They get the mattress into the room, putting it on top of some metal frame to sit up at the same level as Stiles' bed. Then Stiles gets back onto the bed next to me as Scott sets up the Xbox.

"So what're we gonna do? Watch a movie or play a game?" Scott asks, throwing Stiles the controller before getting onto the mattress next to us.

"I don't know. Maya?" Stiles looks to me and I shrug. "Let's just watch a movie." We all agree and Stiles puts one on.

~

We spend hours watching movies. Literally, it's been eight hours now. I got here at about 1pm and now it's 9pm. We've eaten snacks while we watched the movies so now the beds are littered with rubbish from them.

Scott and Stiles are now fighting over what to do now since we're all a little bored of movies now. I mean, they're fun to watch with these two boys since we all say funny commentary throughout them but we really need to do something else now.

"But Star Wars is a better multi-player game!" Stiles exclaims, holding the game up in his best friend's face as they argue in front of the TV.

"But Call Of Duty is Maya and I's favorite game!" Scott replies, holding up his game. They both look over to me and I shrug.

"Why don't we play the Star Wars game for an hour and then play Call of Duty?" I suggest, trying to resolve their silly argument.

"Good thinking, M." Stiles smiles at me, using a nickname. I smile back, happy. Scott huffs out, annoyed and flops down on his mattress.

"Sorry Scott. COD is our game though, so it's better to play at your house..." I trail off, hoping he agrees with me and is happy again.

He sits up and looks over to me, a smile playing on his lips. "True! Yeah Stiles, we don't need to play COD. It's Maya's and my game."

He sounds so happy about it and I laugh. Stiles just shakes his head and rolls his eyes, handing us the extra controllers. I take mine and sit up more, waiting for the game to load. Stiles sits on the bed next to me, pressing buttons on his controller.

As I wait, my phone buzzes in my pocket, reminding me of its existence. I take it out, seeing it's a text from my mother.

From Mom: If you're coming home, I won't be there. Went Upstate to stay with Shawn for the weekend. I'll be back Monday. Love you baby girl <3

I roll my eyes at the message. Of course she's not going to be home all weekend. I really didn't want to come home to an empty house tonight but of course, I can't tell her that though so instead I give a simple reply.

To Mom: Okay. Tell Shawn I say hi <3

From Mom: He says hi back and he that he misses you

I smile. I really miss him too. I tell her to tell her that and she texts back that he promised to come over soon. I don't let myself hope too much for that.

"What's got you all smiley?" Stiles asks, noticing me on my phone. I look up to see the game has started but it's paused.

"Oh, just texting to my mom." I tell him, showing him.

"Oh, okay." He laughs. "Well you ready to play now?"

"Yeah I guess." I answer, locking my phone and putting it next to me on the bed. I get myself into the mood for the game, staring at the screen expectantly but Stiles doesn't press play yet.

Annoyed, I look over to him. He's looking back and so is Scott. Both of them looking like they want to ask me something. It starts to freak me out so I question them on what they want.

"Umm, ah, I just wanted to know when you're going home?" Stiles asks, sounding weirdly timid.

"Oh, um, whenever you can take me home?" I reply questioningly.

"Anytime you want." He says smiling. "But you know... you can stay the night if you want? Like I don't want to be rude but I saw your mom's message about not being home..."

My eyes widen, slightly annoyed but also kind of relieved. I probably would have ended up going to Riley's place to stay the night after hanging out with these two but now that Stiles has offered for me to stay the night, that's a way better plan.

"Yeah you should! Then we can stay up all night watching movies and eating junk." Scott adds in, smiling excitedly.

"Okay but I don't have any clothes?" I tell them and Stiles rolls his eyes.

"I'll find you stuff to wear." He says, getting up and going over to his chest of doors. He goes through a few different draws, pulling out some clothes. He turns back around, throwing me the clothes. "The sweatpants will be big but the top shouldn't be too bad."

"Thanks." I smile, get off the bed with the clothes in my hand. "I'll change into them now... Where's the bathroom?"

"Down the hall, second on the right." He tells me and I walk out, going where he said the bathroom was. The door's open so I walk in, switching on the light and locking the door behind me.

I put the clothes down on the bench and start undressing. I grab the maroon sweatpants first, pulling them, tying up the string on them. They are slightly big but not too bad. The grey top is huge on me though, almost like a mini dress.

But since the clothes are soft, I can't complain. Instead, I grab my clothes from the floor and go back to Stiles' room.

"Okay so I was wrong, the top is huge on you!" Stiles exclaims, laughing. Scott looks up and starts laughing too.

"Shut up. Do you have anything with long sleeves? It's kinda freezing in your house." I reply, rolling my eyes at their laughter.

"Yeah, I'll get you a jumper." He says, getting off his bed and going to his dresser again. He searches in it for at least a minute before going over the chair next to the window and grabbing a light grey jumper from a pile of clothes stacked on it. (A/N: Jumper/sweater is attached but imagine it light grey).

He throws it to me and I put it over the top, tucking the top into my sweatpants so it doesn't hang out. "Thanks." Now I've won the bet with Scott, getting the softest ever jumper from Stiles. "I don't think I'm ever giving this back."

"Yeah, she won't." Scott agrees, smiling up at Stiles.

"It's so sooooft!" I tell him, hugging myself in the over-sized jumper.

"Okay well, will I at least get the pants back?" Stiles asks, not even caring about the jumper.

"We'll see." I answer, smiling cheekily. He just rolls his eyes and we get back onto his bed.

"Should we play a game or something?" Scott asks.

"I thought we were going to play the Star Wars game?" Stiles questions.

"Yeah but let's play a question game or something, like Maya hardly knows us and we hardly know her." Scott suggests, looking between his best friend and I.

Stiles eventually agrees with the idea of a question game and I go along with it too, not wanting to argue. He then puts on some music so it's not too quiet in the room.

The questions start out pretty simple, such as 'what's your favorite color?' and things like that but after about an hour the real, deep asking questions start.

The questions aren't too horrible, mostly just about life and regrets but they're very insighting for us.

We only ask the deep questions for about half an hour until Stiles suggests we stop. Scott and I agree, both of us looking pretty tired.

"Lets just watch movies now." Scott says and we all agree. I get comfortable in the bed while Stiles sets up the Xbox again, turning off his music.

It doesn't take too long to choose a movie, all agreeing with something random. Stiles lays back down next to me and we all begin watching the movie in silence.

Half way through the movie I feel my eyes start to feel heavy and the movie blurs in front of me as my eyelids flutter closed. I move a little bit into a more comfortable position, my head hitting something hard.

I don't open my eyes though, realizing it must be Stiles who's next to me. I can feel him move to look at me and he must think I'm fully asleep because he whispers to Scott that I am.

"Aw, she looks so peaceful." I hear Scott whisper back.

I decide to make a bold move, feeling the need to cuddle something so I put my arm around the boy. He stiffens slightly but then relaxes.

"Awh, that is adorable Stiles!" Scott says and Stiles shushes him.

"Yeah it is but how am I meant to get up later?" He questions.

"Why would you get up later?" Scott whispers this time.

"To go sleep in the guest room. I can't sleep here, that'd creep her out..." Stiles explains, trailing off awkwardly.

I hear someone sigh but can't tell who. Probably Scott since he speaks next. "If she says anything in the morning, just say you fell asleep before you could leave?"

I don't hear the rest of their conversation, everything drowning out as sleep closes in, blacking out my mind.

~

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

18.6K 554 19
Is love dominated by fate or coincidents? Josh and Maya has known each other for a long time and they are trying to reach for their someday. At least...
52.2K 2K 23
"You love her, don't you, Maya?" "She's my best friend, of c-" "You love her more than that, I've seen the way you look at h...
176K 4.3K 38
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Josh Matthews thought he had everything. He became CEO of The Gabriel Foundation, a nonprofit that helps sick kids and their families...
213K 4.6K 62
♡ "I'll play the long game" ♡ It's been a year since Josh said these words to Maya. In the days since Maya has tried to ignore the ache in her heart...