Girl Meets Photography.

It's two days after Christmas. The 27th of December to be exact. It's the weekend of Shawn's assignment in Uptown New York. He's on his way to the Matthews house to pick everyone up.

Riley and Maya are sitting at the bay window, waiting for him to arrive. Their bags are all packed and sitting by the door. They're both so excited, Riley especially ecstatic with a huge smile on her face.

Maya is slightly nervous though, not sure if it's the right thing to go with. Is it intruding on their family time with Shawn? Should she tell them she can't come anymore so they can have time with their uncle?

All these questions and more run through her mind as they wait. Subconsciously she begins to shake, become more and more nervous when she remembers that Josh is coming too.

Riley notices her best friend shaking and places her hand over Maya's. "Peaches, stop shaking."

"I'm not?" She asks, confused. She looks down and pulls her hands away, shoving them in her pocket. "I'm just nervous."

"Why? We're about to go on a super awesome trip with my uncle Shawn to Colombia county! You should be excited!"

"I am, Riles," Maya tells her. "I'm excited, I'm just a little nervous too."

"You don't need to be."

"I know, but I am. I think maybe I should just stay home and let you have some bonding time with him?"

"Maya," Riley looks into the blonde's eyes. "You're coming."

Before either of them can say anymore Auggie runs in, smile on his face and hands carrying a bag and mini suitcase.

"Is Shawn here yet?!" He asks excitedly, jumping onto the couch next to Maya.

"Almost, buddy." Maya says, pulling the boy onto her lap. He smiles at her and the three of them sit there waiting.

Topanga walks into the room, Josh following from the guest room. They both laugh at the eager kids sitting on the couch.

"A little excited are we?" Topanga asks, walking into the kitchen.

"Yesss!" Auggie answers, looking at Riley and Maya use nod. "Is uncle Shawn almost here?"

"Yeah, he's just down the street," Josh answers, walking over to Auggie who is still sitting on Maya. Josh puts his arms out for Auggie and picks him up. "You wanna help your mom get some snacks?"

"Of course!" Josh puts his nephew down and Auggie runs over to his mother. Josh sits down next to Maya and sighs.

"So you ready for some crazy photography?" He asks, not directly at anyone as he stares in front of him.

"Yeah! I can't wait to use my new camera!" Riley exclaims, looking at her uncle. He looks at her and nods with a smile.

"You know," He starts, trying to get Maya's attention. She's been sitting there too quiet for his liking; usually she would be all over him. "I've also got a camera from uncle Shawn. He gave it to me last year when I saw him. I got to take one of the photos he put up on that websi-"

"Hit the Road." Maya interrupts. "Which one was yours?"

Josh smiles, loving the curiosity coming from the blonde. "The one from Philly?"

"With the trees and the lake?" Maya asks, eyes widening.

"And the city in the background." Josh adds, nodding. "So you've seen it then?"

"Yeah..." She trails off. "It's actually one of my favorites."

Josh smiles but before he can say anything the door bell chimes and Shawn's voice comes through the speaker. Riley jumps up and rushes over, buzzing him in.