I Don't Dance, I Perform ~Dan...

By BanthaBug

In this world, you dance for your life. But in your world, dancing is just a part of your act. When helping F... More

Prologue
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~

~Chapter 6~

5.3K 260 522
By BanthaBug

Sans walked ahead of you with Frisk at his side. Papyrus was long gone, having darted ahead after the puzzle mishap. You curled your arms around yourself and shuddered. The cold didn't bother you, but you didn't feel like yourself. Something ominous was looming over you, but you couldn't pin it. Your new friends seemed trustworthy enough. Even if they seemed to have secrets you would had respected them. After all, that wasn't exactly something you had room to judge upon.

Shaking your head, you knocked your forehead a few times and took a breath. Closing your eyes, you transmitted good thoughts.

Everything is fine! You just got to Snowdin and you've already met some new friends. They'll help you. You'll be safe! Frisk will be happy. You'll all escape and live happily ever after after fighting Asriel.

Wait... fighting Asriel?!

Your eyes snapped open as you ran into a certain skeleton monster. "Wow there Miss Swift! You trying to knock me over?" He teased.

Just as the name had appeared, it was gone. With brow furrowed, you shook your head. "Sorry Sans, I guess I just surprised myself. I can't even remember what startled me in the first place."

He chuckled. "Well, if you're done dreaming how about you join Frisk and I for some Grillby's? You've got to be hungry after all those puzzles."

As if cued by an all-seeing author with a grudge against walls, your stomach growled. You laughed and nodded. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

He took your hand fearlessly and led you as you made your way to the bar and grill, Grillby's. Frisk jumped up on to a bar seat and Sans took the seat next to him. You sat on Frisk's other side just as a hot-headed elemental shimmied his way in front of you.

He offered a warm smile and nodded towards me and Frisk. "Welcome to Grillby's! My name is Grillby and if you couldn't tell already, I dance the Tango. I believe you two are knew here?" He inquired.

With a quiet snicker, Frisk nodded. "Yep! My name is Frisk and I do Ballet. This is (Y/N), and her dance is a secret."

Grillby smirked and nodded. "I'm gonna take a guess you're with Sans?"

You nodded and he sighed. "On the tab again..."

"Two orders of burg and a bottle of ketchup please!" Sans ordered.

Grillby retreated to the back leaving the three of us alone once again. You circled your finger on the grain of the wooden bar top. Frisk and Sans seemed a lot more comfortable than you'd expect, being in a new world and all. Thoughts swam around in your head, confusing you more and more.

Frisk elbowed you in the side and you shot up. "Yes?" You said, half-mindedly.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted ketchup." He said innocently.

You glanced at the bottle and shook your head. "Sorry. Not really interested."

He shrugged and tipped the bottle over his own plate. The cap toppled off dumping a fountain of condiment over his food. You held back a laugh as he froze at the sight of his 'ruined' food. Plucking a fry from you plate, you skimmed ketchup from the top of his burger and popped the fry into your mouth.

"I thought something bad might happen." You teased. "Didn't expect it to be over ruined lunch."

He tried not to snicker through a pouted lip but you could see he found it just as humorous as you. Sans was chuckling on his other side. Taking the bottle from Frisk's hand, he tightened the cap and tipped his head back, chugging the contents.

"Ew! How can you just drink it like that?!" You mused.

He sent you an amused look. "Not such a strong stomach huh?"

You shuttered. "Ew..."

You took your burger and took a bite, offering the rest to Frisk. "Here, since yours got messed up."

"What about you?" He asked.

You shrugged. "I get all the fries. You can suffer without their potatoey goodness."

He laughed. You watched fondly as he devoured his food. You felt eyes on you, but you ignored them easily. As long as Frisk was happy and healthy.

Half an hour passed and you were all done with your food. You would have sat for another hour just talking but a rush of customer made the thought seem selfish. You stood from the stool and stretched.

"Come on Frisk. It's about time we got going, don't you think?"

Frisk sighed, but nodded. Hopping off the stool, he waved goodbye to Sans and lead the way out.

"See ya later Dance Pants!" You teased.

"See ya Little Miss Mystery." He retorted.

You rolled your eyes and followed Frisk out the door. Your eyes darted left and right in the drifting snow. "We should keep heading left, right? Away from the Ruins?"

Frisk nodded and you grinned. "I'm a genius." You boasted.

"More of a smart-ass if you ask me."

You pushed him playfully and laughed. "Thanks a lot. I feel SO amazing now!"

Sarcasm dripped from your tone. "My pleasure!" Frisk chirped, matching you in level of sarcasm.

A moment later, both you and Frisk had erupted in laughter. You trudged through the snow, humming your own tune. Music already filled the air, but your own little song still seemed to reach Frisk's ears. He raised a curious brow as though to question you. You smile gently.

"Don't you remember?" You asked.

He nodded. "I remember, but why now?"

You shrugged. "I don't know. I kinda just feel nostalgic right now."

He rolled his eyes. "You're weird."

You challenged his look with a smirk. "Oh? Should I start singing then?"

"What?! No! Don't start-"

You stopped in your tracks and started belting out the cheesy, but sweet tune.

"🎶You are my sunshine.
My only sunshine.
You make me happy,
When the sky's are grey...
You never know dear,
How much I love you.
So please don't take,
My sunshine away.....🎶"

As you went to start again, Frisk jumped to try to cover your mouth. You both stumbled over in a fit of giggles. You calmed quickly and sat up. "Okay okay, I'll stop."

Frisk snickered. "I love you (Y/N)."

"I know you do."

"Hey!" He hissed, elbowing you.

"Fiiiiiine. I guess I love you too."

You stood and hauled Frisk to his feet. You looked around in the curtain of snow but couldn't see any farther than an inch away. "Damn, it sure is coming down..."

Suddenly, the sharp beginning of Latin music filled the air. The familiar outline of Sans' brother appeared through the blizzard, color leaking from your vision so only he and Frisk remained. He held a rose in his jaw and he was stanced to begin a dance.

"Welcome humans, to your last puzzle! You must defeat I, the Great Papyrus!, in battle!"

You flushed. "Oh no..."

Frisk's face dropped and you shared a look. "Papyrus, we don't want to fight you." He pled. "Can we please just pass?"

"No way! I shall capture you humans! Then I shall show you to Captain Undyne and become a Royal Guard!" He boasted, stars in his eyes.

Frisk was worried but you were terrified. "Please, don't make me force my way past..." You said in a low tone. "I don't want to hurt you."

Before you sat a glowing button flashing a single word. Above it floated your (F/C) soul. You gazed down at it and raised a shaking hand. It descended on the option and you felt a shudder rip through you.

Mercy

Papyrus' grin grew as he lept toward you. "Let the battle commence!"

A rain of orange lined bones targeted both you and Frisk. You however, found it difficult to dodge such attacks and still conceal your 'performance.'

Your left hand twitched uncontrollably and you shivered. "Papyrus don't..."

❤Mercy

"Clever trick human, but you can not fool the Great Papyrus with your incredible acting!"

Frisk eyed you warily, having only seen you fight once before, a very long time ago. You froze in an instant and felt yourself loose control of your muscles. You looked down and saw that your soul had become an icy blue hue. "What?!"

"Nyeh heh heh! You are blue now! You are now anchored to the ground when dodging! This means..."

He swept towards you and locked you into his arms and Frisk was left to bounce between bones again. "Let's dance Big human!" He said innocently.

He spun you into a dip and as you had become accustomed to, your foot lifted into the air in a perfect point. His face lit up.

"You must dance the same as I big human!"

You broke out into a cold sweat, your entire body shaking heavily. "Papyrus, let me go." You ordered heavily.

"Nonsense Human! You have been capture by the Great-"

Your ears fell deaf to all but the sharp, sickening sound of a blade as it fell from your sleeve into your palms. Papyrus had pulled you in close so to kill him would be... would... be...

"PAPYRUS LET GO!!!" You barked.

In his surprise, he released you. The blade fell from your grasp but you could sense that your other half had already stored many more without your knowing. You fell into the snow, shaking as you struggled internally.

"Human?! What did I do?! Are you hur-"

"Back off Papyrus!!! I don't w-want to h-hurt you!" You stuttered.

You grabbed your eyes and hot pain laced your right eye.

Let me do my job...

THIS IS WHAT YOU WERE MADE FOR.

It's pointless to resisit... Dear...

You scrambled to your feet and ran blindly into the frost-bitten forest. Papyrus was left stunned, Frisk as well. Your feet carried you at inhumane speeds. Fitting seeing as you how you clung to your humanity. Before sat two options, but one sat too dim to even see.

Fight 💔

Mercy💙
______________________________________________________________________________
"(Y/N)... no..." I whispered, tearing pricking at the corners of my eyes.

Papyrus seemed awestruck as he examined himself. "Was I... I not good enough?..." He pondered sadly.

Seeing how upset he'd grown, I waddled to him through the sick snow and shook my head. "Don't worry about (Y/N)... she, uh, runs aways when she's intimidated by such amazing dancers! Your moves were just to much to handle you sexy bones you."

An orange blush covered his skull and he coughed. "Wow human... flirting?! Now we have to go on a date..."

He went on as I smile and snickered, but despite my expression, I worried for (Y/N).

Sis... what are you hiding?....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 6K 23
Frisk is just some regular ol' girl who loves to dance more specifically ballet but will she change her style a bit when she meets a certain skeleton...
85.4K 3.2K 26
Why don't you read and find out? *eyebrow raise*
29.3K 811 22
You're a human girl, living on the surface with Frisk, who is your younger sibling. You one day find two children, who's been chased away from neighb...
44.7K 1.3K 40
As a little kid Y/N was drawn to hip hop and was always looking for someone to challenge.So she resulted to DANCE battles!She had become popular for...