Strained

By immunization

Jay and Carlos are a vibrant, happy couple until trouble strikes the kingdom once again. As a new couple, Jay... More

Author's Note
White Haired Boy
Love Soars
Enchanted Lake
Ben's Dorm
A Bit Shaky
Hold Me Close
Trouble's Brewing
The Best Feeling
Jealousy
Uncovering Boundaries
ร— Danger ร— (Reamping Chapter)
A/N
Shifting Feelings
Thoughts
Into Action
A Deeper Moral?
Where
Escaping the Unknown
I
Updates Soon
Prom
Reconciliation (Pre-Epilogue)
One Dance / Epilogue
End Notes

Shamed Confession

1.6K 68 33
By immunization

Carlos' P.O.V

"Go get it, Dude!"

Dude ran across the field and towards the disk I'd thrown.

I'd been so ecstatic ever since I'd laid in bed that day with Jay. I wonder if he'd thought about it as much as I had; probably not.

Dude ran back to me with the disk in his mouth, wagging his tail.

"Good boy. Wanna go inside? It's getting a little hot."

He ran in a circle.

"Mkay."

I grabbed the disk and started back towards my dorm with Dude following me.

I ran into Ben on the way.

"Hey, Carlos. Hey, Dude."

"Hey Ben."

"You were just outside with Dude?"

I nodded.

He smiled. "Okay, see you later. Bye Dude."

Dude barked and we started walking again.

I didn't have anything else to do today and it was only twelve o' clock. I'd been itching to go somewhere to eat, but I didn't have any money. I guess I was just destined for a boring Saturday.

Walking into my dorm, I slammed my body back onto my bed. Dude hopped onto the bed with me and laid on top of me.

I touched the necklace Jay had given me and bit my lip. I didn't even know where he was; I'd woken up and he was gone. He never told me where he was going.

I missed him all day; the playful tackles, the endless laughs, the childish attitude. It was like we were closer now a days and I loved it. But he also seemed to be gone more. It really annoyed me. But I couldn't be clingy to someone I wasn't even with.

So I just had to deal with him being gone.

As I fell out of my thoughts, I heard a soft knock at the door.

"Come in." I said.

The door slowly opened and Evie's face followed.

"Hey 'Los."

"Hey Evie. What's up?"

She shrugged. "Just bored." She looked really nervous.

"What's wrong?"

She sighed. "Okay, okay. Um-" She smiled. "You can't tell anyone that I told you this."

"What is it?" Suddenly, I was excited.

"Oh my gosh. I don't know if I should tell you."

"Well youve already told me that there was something. You might as well tell me now."

She bit her lip and looked up at the ceiling. She sighed and opened her mouth slowly. "But it was a promise and-"

"Evie, spill it."

"Jay, Jay... He... He likes... You."

I cocked my head and felt my heart warm up.

"No he doesn't. That's gay. And I'm not gay. So, why would I care? No." My words stuttered out. She had to have been lying.

I began shaking and tried not to blush.

"Well-" She smiled. "He does."

"I-" I started choking on my words.

"Yay! You like him too! We have to tell him!" Evie shrieked.

"I never said that I-"

"Sh, sh, sh. No need. We have to tell him."

"No! We can't tell him anything. And how do you know that he likes me?"

She rolled her eyes. "Because, the other night when Jay had left the room, he came to our dorm! He's at our dorm now, talking to Mal."

"About me?"

She nodded excitedly, looking around the room. "Anyways, you ask too many questions. Let's go hook you two up."

She got up and speed walked toward the door.

"No, no!" I said. Why couldn't she see that I didn't want him to know? I didn't want to be with him! Well, I did. But this wasn't the way.

"Evie, stop! Really, come on?!" I gently pushed Dude off of me, who hopped off the bed and to the floor. He lazily rolled under the bed in silence.

"It's too late!" She yelled from down the hallway.

I began to sweat harshly and shake uncontrollably. Please, let her trip. Don't let her make it to Jay before I do.

I ran down the hallway and towards her dorm.

"Oh, hey Carlo-" I pushed Ben out of the way. Jeez, that guy was everywhere. But I really felt bad for just pushing him like that. Anyways, I had to dust it off.

I soon ran passed Evie and to her dorm. I threw myself inside and slammed the door behind me, locking it.

"What the hell, Carlos?" Mal said.

Jay was sitting on one of the girls' bed, looking at me crazily.

"Hey gu-" I was out of breath.

Suddenly, there was beating on the door. Evie, I presume.

"Hey! Open the door!" She yelled from outside.

"Okay, someone needs to explain why my door is locked; like right now," Mal started.

"Have you been running?" Jay asked.

I nodded slowly.

"Uhm," Mal fake coughed. "Explain. And for goodness' sake, let Evie in!"

I sighed and unlocked the door. The moment where I ended, oh no...

"Okay, okay! So good news!" Evie said.

"What? Why did Carlos lock you out?" Mal said.

"Because he-"

"Wait, Evie!"

"No, I need to-"

"Please don't-"

"Hey!" Jay yelled.

Everyone got quiet and looked at him.

"Let 'Los talk."

I smiled reluctantly and shook my head. "There's nothing to say..." I mumbled.

"You tell him or I do. This is ridiculous, 'Los. You shouldn't have to keep this a secret."

"Me? Tell me what?" Jay said.

A silence sat in the room as I looked around uncomfortably. I shuffled my feet a little, looking down at them.

"I," A lump rose in my throat.

"I l-like you."

The entire room was in silence.

I felt like Jay was glaring at me; like Mal was looking at me in disgust; like Evie's face was twisted in an elated smile.

"I can't believe it..." Jay said.

I knew he hadn't liked me. The lump in my throat hardened and tears started streaming down my face. I was so embarrassed. I turned towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Jay said, grabbing my shoulder.

"I don't know." I mumbled, looking down; making sure to avoid his eyes.

He put his hand under my chin and lifted my head up to where it was facing his. He was smiling.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm embarrassed."

"Why?! You shouldn't be, I'm so happy!"

"You are?"

"Yes! I've liked you for so long but I haven't ever come around to saying it to you. I like you so much and I wish I could've told you sooner. But it wasn't supposed to come out like this-" He glared over at Evie who looked at the ceiling.

"But we can be together now!"

"Wait,-" I suddenly had doubts about us being a thing. How would everyone in the kingdom look at us? We'd definitely be the first gay couple. And I'd be so scared to walk out in public holding hands or something. But I longed for it so much.

"What?" He said.

I began to tremble even harder. I started sweating dramatically; but I simply wanted nothing more than a hug. My skin started to have a slight itch to it, but I knew it was just nerves.

"I-I don't know. I mean, you know, we've only just found out that we like each other. This all may be a bit too fast." I said.

"But why take it slow? I mean, I've liked you for years. And I only wish I would've asked you out sooner. Especially if I would've known that you liked me too." Jay said. I smiled, looking away; thinking that I might be blushing.

"Yeah, come on, 'Los." Evie said. Even Mal was smiling.

"I guess." I said before thinking.

He hugged me; enveloping me in his warmth. I shivered into his arms and let myself submit to his comfort. I'd really needed it. My tears turned to tears of joy the longer we hugged.

"Yay! Oh my gosh, the ship has sailed." Evie shrieked, clapping loudly.

"You two are cute, I guess." Mal said, smirking.

He finally let me go and I immediately wanted to go back into his arms. Instead, I reluctantly grappled to his mascular arm. I guess it was okay now since we were dating.

"I want to head back to the dorm! Well see you two later!" Jay said.

"Oh,  so the cute couple is just going to ditch us now that they've hooked up?" Mal said.

A silence lingered.

"I'm  kidding,  I'm kidding. Get out." She got up and opened her door, her hand sarcastically towards the door;  instructing us out.

"Treat him good." Evie patted Jay's back, looking him in his eyes menacingly.

I laughed and he did too.

We walked back to our dorm in silence. Each time I saw people, I let go of his arm.

When we finally got back to our dorm he closed our door and flopped back onto his bed. 

"'Los, I know we just started going out and all,  but that really hurt."

"What?"

"You acting like we don't go out. I mean, come on. You acted like I was disgusting." His face showed hurt.

"You're not!" I didn't want him to feel bad.

"Then why do you have to act like that? I mean, I get it. We're two dudes going out. But can't you just act a little more... Clingy?"

The irony of what he was saying seemed so surreal to me.

I sighed.  "I'm sorry. I just have to get used to it. I really don't want to hurt your feelings. But I also don't want to be embarrassed."

"I know." He sat down on his bed and reached his hand out to me.  I grabbed it and sat down beside him, laying my head on him.

"You know, I'd never, not in a million years, think you we're gay. And even more, I'd never guess that you we're gay for me. And I know it seems basic, but I have to ask myself, 'why me'?" I said.

"Do you really want to know why?"

I nodded.

"'Los, when I first met you, you we're in my dad's shop, remember-"

"Yeah." I smiled at the memory.

"You were stealing from us and you almost got away with it. But I grabbed your wrist and, at the moment, couldn't think about anything more than hurting you. I was going to drag you to my dad and let him do whatever he chose; hurt you, kick you. Check you for any cash. But when you turned around, I looked right in your eyes and it did something to me. You made me feel like there was a fire in me. And not the burning, bad kind. Like, butterflies in someone's stomach I guess, I don't really know."

"And then you pleaded for me to let you go. As much as I wanted to,  I couldn't find it in me to hurt you. You seemed do innocent. You were -are- so innocent. And I gave you a chance. I let you sit down by me and tell me all about your mother. I'll never forget; you showed me your purple bruises and scars she'd given you. At that moment, I started to hate her. Even more, I wanted to kiss all of your scars. I thought it was normal, but it wasn't. I didn't know I was gay for you-" He bit his lip.

"It was then, when I felt so much sympathy for you,  I knew that I couldn't turn you over to my dad. I couldn't let you get hurt. And I most definitely couldn't let anything happen to you. That's when I started liking you. And that's why I love you so much. Because you deserve so much of it after what you've been through."

I smiled. "I love you so much, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 740 10
๐…๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐ˆ๐ ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐€ ๐ƒ๐„ ๐•๐ˆ๐‹ โŽข โ If you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true. โž โ I just... don't know what my futu...
1.4K 47 10
(18+ Readers Only) While saving Ben from the Pirates on the rescue of Mal, they make a quick escape and then realize that they left Carlos behind. Wi...
54.3K 1K 22
After the cotillion, Jane and Carlos' relationship seemed to blossom. Only one problem, Fairy Godmother wants Jane to be with a prince. Jane and Carl...
18.9K 761 25
After leaving his life on the Isle of the Lost, Carlos (Son of Cruella) and his friends, Jay (Son of Jafar), Evie (Daughter of Evil Queen) and Mal (D...