She Doesn't Care

Av ipad_connor

Revolves around the life of a strong willed young adult who has a troubled past involving the death of her br... Mer

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2 : Rejection
Chapter 3: Mission Payback
Chapter 4: Rules
Chapter 5: Comeback
Chapter 6: His
Chapter 7: Alone
Chapter 8: Trust
Chapter 9: Aftermath
Chapter 10: Fix You
Chapter 11: Figure it out
Chapter 12: Pain
Chapter 13: Looking Up
Chapter 14: A New Mystery
Chapter 15: A New Start
Chapter 16: Wanting her Back
Chapter 17: An insight
Chapter 18: Chance Given
Chapter 19: Threatened
Chapter 21: Attraction
Chapter 22: Secrets
Chapter 23: The Last Page
Chapter 24: Content
Chapter 25: Committed
Chapter 26: Darkness
Chapter 27: Battle Cry
Chapter 28: Forever
Epilogue

Chapter 20: Curiosity

22.8K 711 38
Av ipad_connor

Delphi's POV

11th December 2010
Dear Diary,
Looking at you reminds me of my mate who is somewhere in the world right now living her life. I don't write often, what should I write about anyway? I haven't seen her, and she hasn't seen me. We'll not meet till I'm two years older. She's the first thing I think about and the last thing I sleep with. The wait is killing me but I guess that is what makes it magical. Like always, hope to meet her soon.
Over and out.
Sylvester.

27th May 2011
Dear Diary,
I've met the most magical girl- Merlyn. She and her family just moved to our pack and her presence is absolutely breathtaking. She's everything I could've dreamt of, a perfect fit for the description of my mate. She has the brown hair, the mesmerising laugh. I think I've found her, finally. I wouldn't know for another year but, there is something that tells me that she is the one. She's so beautiful and kind. No words can contain her beauty and oh god so help me because she's all mine.
Over and out.
Sylvester.

My hands trembled at the mention of the name of the girl I had come to loathe, she wasn't his everything. She was just placed at a right time in his life, when he wanted someone to fill the gap his dreams left. His long description of her beauty wasn't my idea of a good read. But I could empathise with the emotions. I had longed for a mate too.

A naïve boy of fifteen would find it impossible to see the difference and he must have been so enchanted by the idea of having a mate, he wouldn't have even guessed the signs.

Not a while ago had I sat with the diary and flipped through the pages. They surely explained quite a few things but it wasn't a reason enough for him to live on with believing she was his mate, he would realise when he was sixteen.

The curiosity fueled me to read on, and so I did.

4th September 2011
Dear Diary,
I don't know love as yet but the way Merlyn made me feel was certainly close enough to my idea of it. Spending time with her has shown to be for the better. And even though it's awkward to pin down these things in you, I know I have to. Another year and I can claim her to be mine. She was definitely worth the wait.
Over and out.
Sylvester.

Sylvester was surely out of quandary. He wasn't hoping that she would be his mate, he was waiting to tell everyone that she was- officially.

He was totally under her command, and it hurt to read on. But there was no way I could stop. My hand was already flipping to the next page before my heart thought against it.

7th January 2012
Dear Diary,
Tomorrow is the day I'll claim Lyn officially. Tomorrow I turn sixteen, the day I take on my Alpha duties. I've waited all my life for that day and now that it's tomorrow I don't know what to do with the different emotions. Hope tomorrow goes as planned.
Over and out.
Sylvester.

My hands shook as they turned the page over but before I could start reading my phone rang. I debated for a second, but picked up the phone anyway after seeing the caller ID.

"Hello?" I spoke closing the diary and placing it on the bed beside me.

"Hey, Delphi! Lola here," I heard Lola's excited voice through the receiver. "The guys and I were planning to head for a party tonight, what say?"

"I'd love to, but I have wor-" I paused glancing at the watch on the wall. "Oh shit!" I cursed loudly fumbling to find my work shirt.
"What happened?"

"Lola, I'll talk to you in a while. I'm quite late for my shift today and Sophia doesn't respect tardiness."
I hurriedly replied putting on my shoes.

"Yeah, sure. Give me a call. Take care!"

"You too."

I sprinted downstairs and picked up my keys.

"Mom! I'm leaving for work. Don't wait up, you know my shift timings. Love you!" I put words together in an uneven sentence and made my way out. I could vaguely hear someone replying but I didn't have the time or the concentration to decipher the words.

The put on my earphones and dialed Lola's number.

"Hey! That was fast." Lola said in a surprised voice as I kept my phone on the side and started the engine.

"I just broke all getting ready records of the century. Anyhow, I'm sorry for hanging up before." I panted, sliding on the highway.

"You didn't hang up, besides, you're forgiven. So, what thoughts on the party?" She asked.

"I don't know, actually. I have a really late shift and I don't know anyone in the party either nor am I the party kinds." I listed out the reasons.

"We aren't going to the party at eight o'clock, Delphi. You'll know me! Besides, please come I don't have anyone to stay with." She pleaded over the phone.

I weighed the different scenarios, trying to block out Lola's constant pleading.

"Fine. I'll go." I grumbled, giving in.
"Yes!" She squealed over the phone. "We'll meet you in the library after your shift from there we'll go home, get dressed and rock our way to the party!" Lola definitely was the party animal. I didn't expect her to be that enthusiastic though.

"Sounds good."
"Okay, I got to go, my class started ten minutes ago." Lola informed in a proud voice.

"See you!"
When I had woken up in the morning I came to terms with the fact that I had to study to keep up. Sitting at a stretch of five hours over a laptop and going over notes doesn't sound or feel appealing but that was how I spent my morning.

When I thought I had had enough of studying my mind drifted off to the diary and I soon sat with it in my hand.

Once I started reading the diary and analysing it, I think I lost track of time. I was so glad Lola called or I was surely going to get fired from the first job I ever attempted to do.

The library stood out in the daylight as I parked my car. Just as I was about to open the library door another car parked not a few feet from mine, seeing it as a normal occurrence, I continued.

"Ten minutes late." Vince tsked while I crossed the reception.

"Sorry, please don't tell Sophia, I promise to never repeat it again. There was so much of work to catch up on that I lost track of time." I explained in exasperation.

"Relax, I won't tell her." He chuckled at my panicked voice.
I smiled at him and left to go to my aisle and that is when I realised that I had left Sylvester's diary at home in a hurry.

Suspense clawed at my thoughts and the anxiousness to see what happens next made me tick.

The next page would've changed my view on things, I knew it but for good or for bad was the question.

My shift remained boring over the hours and the customers held no mercy for the books but it was my job to serve them and so I did.

When I started the car I noticed sudden movement on my rear view mirror but before I could investigate on it further, a happy Lola seated herself inside my car.

"Hey, you ready?" She smirked. I gave her a cautious look and raised my eyebrow at her.
"Yeah?"
So, even though Lola was not the barbie kinds she did know how to dress. She rocked her badass outfit and had picked out one that I could too.

Lola was dressed in her black skinny jeans and dark blue crop top with multiple accessories on her ear and neck.

Beside her, I supported a black denim skirt and a purple tank top with sequence forming a sweetheart neckline. My accessories were close to none and the heels I wore certainly brought out the best of my legs.

"We look good." I breathed out in disbelief at my sudden change of appearance.

"That we do. Anyhow, let's go. The guys just texted me and they have reached." She said pulling me after her.

My eyes frequently went to the rear view mirror seeing a suspicious looking car following for a while. Though it was inconspicuous, I figured there was something out of place. There was no way the same car was making the trips I was.

"Lola, you go ahead. I need to make a call home." I said as we got out of the car.

"I'll wait for you." She bargained patting my back.

"No, no, go ahead. It'll be a lot of convincing that I have to do."
She gave in and left me give my parents a call.

That wasn't my initial intention but I sent my parents a text stating my current affairs.

Not too soon the stalker car landed itself in the parking lot. I hid behind a car and watched as it emptied. Three well built men stood looking around the parking lot and upon spotting my car made their way to the party.
I pulled out my safety knife and blocked their path holding the leader in a head lock.

"Tell me who sent you or else my knife cuts his jugular."
Unexpected outcomes awaited my question.

*********

So... I'll leave it to you to guess who that is. But think out of the box!

Leave a comment and vote!

Love,
Rojesta💜

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

40.4K 1.1K 37
It about Ella, she is from Asian that from borneo. Powerful she-wolf than other. Asian have powerful black magic that have no match with other witch...
164K 4.9K 24
beta jason is a very ruthless beta. of course not as ruthless as his alpha (alpha kane) but he is very feared around the world. his best friends alp...
222K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
750K 21.7K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...