DUBREDO DIARIES: His and Her...

By TheArtisan

President Rodrigo Duterte and Vice President Leni Robredo were inaugurated on June 30, 2016 albeit on a diffe... More

Author's Note
Prologue | Her Side
Prologue | His Side
Chapter 1 | July 1, 2016 | Her Side
Chapter 2 | July 1, 2016 | His Side
Chapter 3 | July 4, 2016 | Her Side
Chapter 4 | July 4, 2016 | His Side
Chapter 5 | July 7, 2016 | His Side
Chapter 6 | July 7, 2016 | Her Side
Chapter 7 | July 11, 2016 | Her Side
Chapter 8 | July 11, 2016 | His Side
Chapter 9 | July 12, 2016 | Her Side
Chapter 10 | July 12, 2016 | His Side
Chapter 11 | July 25, 2016 | Her Side
Chapter 13 | July 27, 2016 | Her Side
Chapter 14 | July 27, 2016 | His Side
Chapter 15 | Midnight Kiss

Chapter 12 | July 25, 2016 | His Side

577 31 24
By TheArtisan

"Umalis po siya." Bong Go informed him.

Digong took a sip from the glass of water he was holding. He had just finished an hour long SONA and was now taking a break before meeting the rallyist that he had just invited in.

He looked out the window of his office, watching the Vice Presidential convoy as it sped away.

"As expected. Magaling mangumbinsi ang mga 'yun."

He undid the topmost button of his barong and walked towards his desk putting the glass down.

"Baka di matuloy 'yung meeting niyo ngayon? Baka di na siya dumating?" Bong looked uncertain.

Digong chuckled at Bong's question, only a few weeks ago he had heard that very same question from Honeylet.

"Wala talaga kayong tiwala kay Leni. Darating yun."

Bong did not speak any further.

Digong had always been like this. Every move was calculated even when you thought they weren't.

Digong walked towards his seat and sat down, stretching his legs before him.

"Sir?" Bong spoke after a few seconds.

Digong raises both eyebrows towards Bong as he clasps his hands together.

"Bakit niyo po pinapalabas 'tong drug matrix?"

He gestured at the pile of documents on top of the desk.

Digong's lips twitched to form a grin.

"Alam kong matagal mo nang gustong itanong yan pero-" he leaned back "-that matter is between me and Leni only...I promised her, Bong."

Bong nodded. "Naiintindihan ko po."

He knew better than to question the president's actions. There was always a reason behind every decision he made. If his plan required him to hide any information from him, then so be it.

"Sasabihan ko na po ang mga ralyista na papunta na kayo." Bong bowed a bit and then walked towards the exit.

"Bong."

He stopped and turn to look at the president.

"'Wag mo nang tawagan ang number ni Leni and if she ever tries to contact - don't answer it."

Bong wanted to ask again why he was ordering such directive, but he felt he might not be answered so he just nodded.

"Wiretapped ang telepono niya." Digong spoke, answering Bong's unspoken question.

"Ah - Opo." He nodded slightly.

"Sige, sabihan mo na sila na parating na ako."

"Yes sir."

-----

11:11 pm

He walked inside the dimly lit room, the carpet muffling his steps.

She was still wearing the dress she wore earlier that day as she leaned on the entrance of the passageway.

Her head and shoulders were slumped down and she seemed to be breathing heavily.

He stood a few feet away from her, but it didn't look like she noticed his presence.

"Drink."

She gasped and quickly looked up.

"S-sir?"

Her brows furrowed and her lips start to tremble as she stares at him in disbelief.

There were tears brimming from her eyes.

He raises the glass of water he has been holding.

"Bakit ka ba kasi nagtatakbo." He sighs.

She nods gratefully and takes the glass, drinking its contents in one gulp.

She breathes heavily and it looked as if she was about to cry. She blinks and bites her lips to stop them from trembling.

She takes a step forward, but then takes a step back again.

She looks away as she tries her best to contain her emotions.

"Sorry..." she glances apologetically at his direction.

Digong takes the empty glass from her hand, placing his hands on top of hers.

"'Wag mo na 'yun isipin ma'am. Ang mahalaga dumating ka. Halika I'll show it to you now." He lightly taps the back of her hand and grins at her.

He takes the glass out of her grasp.

He then turns his back to her wanting to place the glass on the desk, but he found himself unable to do so as he felt her arms enclosing around his waist.

He froze in place and slightly turned his head to one side.

He felt her body pressed on his back while her arms held him tightly.

He could feel the thunderous beating of her heart against his back.

Her heavy breathing sending goosebumps down his spine.

For a moment he couldn't speak.

He wanted to tell her that it was okay, that everything was fine and that she had nothing to worry about, but the words never reached his mouth.

She didn't know what she was doing to him.

She embraced him in total silence - both of them relishing in the favorable proximity that they found themselves in.

He placed a reassuring hand on top of her arm.

"Salamat Digong." She whispered against the back of his neck.

He patted her arm in reply, as he had become too overwhelmed for words.

I would do anything for you Leni...anything...

They stayed that way until Leni's breathing went back to normal.

After a while she hesitantly released him, slowly pulling her arms back.

Digong sighed internally, immediately missing the feel of her warmth against him, but they had more important things to attend to.

He walked to the side of the table, put down the glass and turned on the side lamp.

He cleared his throat, forcing himself to get through with this meeting without getting distracted by other thoughts.

"Ito 'yung nakuha kong impormasyon galing sa mga intelligence reports."

He pushed the documents towards her.

She walked near the desk and stood opposite him. She flipped the pages of the document.

"You told me you had the notebook and that you've read the names there." he says.

Leni continued to scan through the pages.

"Magkatugma ba ang mga pangalan diyan dun sa mga nakalagay sa notebook?"

She was silent as she read the names on each page, carefully noting familiar names.

"Kulang."

He looked at her in incredulously. This much people involved and yet it wasn't enough?

She places both hands on the table.

"Iba 'yung mga nakalista dito 'dun sa mga nakalagay sa notebook. May mga pangalan na magkapareho pero 'yung mga importante at malalaking pangalan wala dito."

Digong folds his arms across his chest.

"Baka mali yung nasa notebook niya."

She looks up at him defensively.

"Hindi...ilang taon niya rin binuo yun. Nandun na lahat eh. Yung mga transactions receipts, dates, yung mga taong involved at kahit na mga litrato." she looked at him and shook her head. "Hindi yun pwedeng magkamali.Kasi kung mali yun..."

Her voice trailed off and he seemed to sense the sadness in them.

...baka buhay pa siya ngayon.

Digong thought, finishing her sentence.

A deafening silence enveloped the two of them.

May gumagago sakin - and it's either Leni or the people who gave me this information.

He looked sharply at her.

"Kung ganun sinasabi mo bang may nagbibigay sa akin ng maling impormasyon."

She nods slowly. She did not want to accuse anyone, but the scenario was an undeniable possibility.

He sighs and closes his eyes for awhile.

"Kailangan kong makita ang notebook na yan." He gazes at her firmly.

Her brow furrows and she takes a step back.

"Natatakot ako...kahit na gusto ko man ibigay, hindi ko alam kung papaano. 'Pag nalaman nilang nasakin yun baka-" she runs her fingers through her hair and then places a hand on her forehead. "-yung mga anak ko."

Leni fell back on the seat nearby and covered her face with her hands.

"Hindi ko papayagan na mangyari 'yan. Protektahan kita - protektahan ko kayo."

She looked up at him and he saw the evident fear in her eyes. She looked helpless and it stirred something up inside him. He didn't like seeing her in this state.

He walked in front of her and placed both hands on her shoulders gently, trying to reassure her.

"Listen-" He bent a knee and half knelt in front of her. "-starting now you must tell me everything. Everything Leni, lahat ng nalalaman mo, " he emphasized.

"I can't protect you if I don't know anything - sabihin mo sa akin lahat-lahat." he reiterates.

"Pinapangako ko. Walang mangyayaring masama sayo o sa pamilya mo."

He places a hand on his chest and taps the spot.

"Magtiwala ka sa akin. Hinding hindi kita pababayaan."

She looks at him intently and swallows, gazing at him for the longest time.

Magtiwala ka sa akin Leni...please...I want to protect you...please...

She inhales deeply and nods.

"I trust you. I trust you, sir."

He takes her hand with both his hands and squeezes it reassuringly.

"'Wala kang dapat ikatakot Leni, nandito lang ako."

-----

They continued to discuss the ways on how she could give him the notebook without arousing any suspicion.

When they were finally able to agree on something, Digong proceeded on giving her instructions and precautions.

This was only the beginning.

After discussing the necessary details, Digong fishes something out of his pocket.

"Gamitin mo to."

He tells her and hands her a phone.

"Para saan ho ba 'to?"

She takes the phone from him.

"May isang bagay na hindi mo pa din sinasabi sa akin - ayokong may nagbabanta sayo."

Leni's eyes widened when she realized that the president already knew about the mysterious stranger who had been calling her.

"Alam...alam niyo po pala?"

He nodded.

She blinks rapidly and looks down.

"Ayoko kasing lalo kayong maabala. Ang dami niyo na hong problema ayokong mas dumag-"

"I know." he cuts her off. He didn't need to hear her explanation, because he perfectly understood her sentiment.

It was even more difficult to know what she needed because she was always afraid of being a burden to him.

He didn't want her to feel that way.

"Basta kung may ganyang mga bagay sabihin mo lang sa akin ma'am." He reiterates. "Your safety is also my business."

He saw relief spread across her features.

A small smile graced her lips.

"Thank you po talaga." She tells him.

"Ayan...namiss ko talaga yan." He confessed.

"Ang alin ho?"

He grins at her.

"Ang ngiti mo ma'am."

If she blushed, he couldn't tell since there was no adequate lighting inside the room. But after he said it she looked away and smiled even more.

"Namiss ko talaga yan ng sobra..."

Namiss talaga kita ng sobra...

He added in his thoughts.

She stifled a laughter and when she stopped, she gazed at him with curious eyes.

He shuddered internally as he gazed back at her.

Her eyes, her nose, her mouth, her face. Her very presence seemed to overwhelm him so much that he had to stop himself from the intense desire to hold her in his arms.

"Ma'am?"

He called out, his voice sounding a little hoarse. He cleared his throat.

"Sir?"

"Hatid ko na kayo pauwi."

There was a shadow of a frown on her face before she replaced it with a wide grin.

"Ha? Ako nalang po-"

"Pagtatalunan na naman ba natin to?" he playfully asks her.

She chuckles softly.

"O sige sir. Salamat sa paghatid,"

As soon as he stands up, she stands up as well.

As they turn towards the exit, she holds on to his arm.

He twitches slightly and she releases his arm.

"Sorry sir." she holds both hands up in front of her her.

"Hindi-hindi okay lang. Nabigla lang ako." he shakes his head and chuckles softly.

"Okay lang?" she asks him.

He smiles and nods at her. "Oo naman."

She slowly reaches out to him, gently placing her hand on the crook of his arm, encasing him once again with her warmth.

"Tara?" he says.

"Tara."

Digong's heart felt like it was about to jump out of his chest anytime, but he tried his best to keep a calm front beside her.

If only she knew...that the world ran in slow motion whenever she was around. O siguro ako lang to?

The two highest officials of the country walked out of the palace together.

A thought seemed to nag unto his consciousness.

That if they were to meet at a different time and a different place, would it be possible for them to fall in love?

If their circumstances were different, would it be possible for them to be together?

Digong slightly shook his head.

He was having illusions of grandeur. This was reality, not some blockbuster romance movie.

He didn't know where these feelings will lead him, but for now he knew one thing for sure. He wanted her. He wanted her so much...

...but did she want him as well?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 8.8K 80
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
605K 30.5K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
280K 12.6K 36
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
111K 2K 34
He was a fuckboy .. But she was a sweet, shy and kind-hearted girl .... She knew he was a fuckboy but she fell for him . ( He was a red flag but she...