In Love with the Devil's Son

By sellyla12

When a friendship is formed between the opposite sex, one begins to fall for the other. It was only the past... More

Chapter 1 - It All Started Here
Chapter 2 - Throw a Punch
Chapter 3 - Basketball Practice
Chapter 4 - The Other Side
Chapter 5 - Missed it
Chapter 6 - Changed
Chapter 7 - New Friend
Chapter 8 - Hidden Lies
Chapter 9 - Just Stop and Smile
Chapter 10 - That Awkward Moment
Chapter 11 - Dialogue
Chapter 12 - Wanna know the Truth?
Chapter 13 - Here comes Nothing More
Chapter 14 - Another Story Begins
Chapter 15 - The Next Chapter of the Never Ending Scene
Chapter 17 - What He Became
Chapter 18 - To the Past
Chapter 19 - Road Trip
Chapter 20 - The Morning After
Chapter 21 - Deal
Chapter 22 - Can I get a Signature?
Chapter 23 - Let's Get Lost
Chapter 24 - Three Years Ago
Chapter 25 - Their Small Talks
Chapter 26 - Cliché
Chapter 27 - It All Ended Here

Chapter 16 - Leading to Secrets

2.1K 28 3
By sellyla12

Author:

So hi. How's it going? Great to hear about your happy great grandmother. Oh, I'm good thanks. I just haven't been uploading, you know the same old me(: Oh my great grandmother? She's doing awesome. She's very energetic, by that I mean she talks a lot :) No she's not dead, she happily alive.

Now, I may be talking to myself when I'm writing this, but I just wanted to say that you people out there who read, vote, and comment on this story are amazing. I love you. This book has gotten over 10,000 reads and I just can't believe it. It may not mean much to those Watty Award winners who have like 1,000,000 reads, but it means a lot to me. I started in July and now it's February. Excuse me for not uploading a lot. To make something and have other people enjoy it as much as you do, it's just amazing. So thank you soo much <3(;

~Enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped in the winter decorated room, ready for the gawking and shit. They stopped from dancing and turned to us gasping. "Abby's here?!" some girl whispered way too loud.

"She goes to a real dance?!"

"It's a 'she'?!" Now that one I just wanted to grab whoever's mouth and sew it up.

"Hey, shut up! She's actually pretty!"

"Yeah, kinda hot!" And other shitty stuff.

"Thanks for bringing me here, guys," I faked a smile to them.

"Some guys just called me hot, so I'm good," Jordan smirked.

"WHO?" Jason cried causing the guys and me to look. "Uh, nothing," he smiled nervously. Jordan stepped away from him a little, with a confused yet scared smile.

"Nice going," I whispered to him, hoping the others won't hear, and kinda wishing they did.

"Heheh," he scowled.

"So I needa go to the -"

"You can't ditch," Ryan cut me off before I even finished.

"I don't do these things! Lame and annoying," I sighed, irritated.

"Hey look! I put that up," Ryan gasped, pointing at the banner and avoiding the subject.

"At least enjoy the decorations," Jordan gave me a hopeful smile, then walked over to the snack table.

"Don't want to be here?" a voice echoed.

"Wow, who knows me more than you do?" I said in the most sarcastic voice I could, turning around to face him.

"So, why are you here?" Cam raised an eyebrow. "Ryan proposed?" he teased excitedly.

"Heh," I let out a chuckled. "And I always thought you were the one who liked me."

"I'll let that go slide," he whispered. I rolled my eyes and walked over to a nearby table. He followed me and we sat down together with an awkward silence taking over us.

Everyone's eyes darted to the door in shock. Cinderella probably arrived. I followed their gaze and my eyes landed on a girl. It was Jenny Keni. She wore the most pinkest dress ever. Filled with sparkles and fluffy patterns. I've gotta admit, she did look pretty good without her glasses and baggy typical nerd style. "Beautiful, right?" Cam interrupted my thoughts.

"What? Developing a crush on Jenny Keni?" I smirked, turning around to face him instead of her.

"I meant the dress," he faked a smile. "I almost forgot how pretty you looked in that."

My eyes bulged. "Cam, if you tell anyone about that I swear I'll-"

"I know, I know. Stab me with a fork," he finished for me. "I don't need a reminder. Hey, here's a tip, stop acting like someone your not," he glared then got up, walking to who knows where. I shut my eyes, disappointed at myself.

Before I knew it, I got up then left the school.

**

"Do you come here every time you're upset?" another familiar voice chuckled.

"I just hate life right now," I slapped both hands over my face.

"And why's that?" I heard him hop off of the gigantic rock that leads to entrance of the hill.

"I've alive," I sighed.

"OH NO!" he gasped, clearly making me look stupid.

I glared at him as an unspoken insult. "I'm not really... well... who people think I am," I frowned.

"So, you're not a girl?" he backed away a little.

 "I'm exactly that," I muttered.

"Not a girl?!" he stepped away more.

"NO! I'm exactly A GIRL," I slapped his chest with the back of my hand. Idiot.

"I love it when you get annoyed," he chuckled.

"Radley, I'm serious," I groaned.

"I am too. I really do love it when you're all frustrated. Notice how I'm always annoying you?" he smirked. I stared at him with a blank look. "Alright, you're no fun. Why are you irritated that your 'A GIRL'? But I hope you're not a lesbian, because I want to make out with you," he wiggled his eyebrows. Again, idiot.

"You know what, I'm not gonna comment on that last sentence of yours," I shook my head disappointingly. "And because anyone that had ever met me knows that I'm far from lip gloss, pink dresses, and obsessing over a cute guy that just walked pass them in the hallway."

"Oh, explains the dress," he muttered. "So that means you are those type of girls? The 'obsessing over me'?"

"I don't obsess," I scowled.

"Oh, and I don't think 'cute' would fit me. I'm looking for more of a sexy or hot, yeah that'll work," he flattered over himself.

"Why are you so conceited?" I cross my arms over my chest. 

"I'm sorry if you think I'm too sexy for you, but-"

"Dude," I smacked him again. He rubbed his arm making the pain go away. "Can we move from this subject?" 

"So you wanna talk about sex?" he raised an eyebrow. 

"You know I can't even look at you," I pushed his face away. 

"Okay, okay, let's get back to Abby's world. Calling me conceited," he muttered the last part. "So what exactly is wrong with being someone who doesn't play spitballs with guys in the cafeteria?"

"I don't do that anymore... And don't you get it?"

"Get what?" Before I could answer, my phone rang. I stared at him. "Are you gonna get that?"

I sighed knowing who the caller might be. "I'm just gonna go, and if anyone asks... I was never here," I threatened him. He nodded with a serious look that will break any second. I pulled my phone out of the tiny ass pocket in my dress.

"What?" I sighed.

"You ditched!" Ryan screeched on the other line.

"Let me guess, you're in the girl's restroom right now," I smirked.

"You know me so well," he used a sarcastic tone. "Now, where are you?"

"Not at the dance," I muttered.

"Stating the obvious, but I don't want that."

"When I have ever gave you what you wanted?" I raised an eyebrow knowing that he can't see me.

"Abby-" he started with an irritated voice.

"I'll be a home," I sighed then hung up.

***

I stumbled off of the couch as the doorbell rang. "MOM!" I yelled. No reply. I groaned then walked over to the front door. "What are you doing here for the second time?" I asked.

"I just thought you weren't home, so I had to check," he replied. I rolled my eyes and walked back to the couch letting him close the door once he was in.

"It's 11 p.m., go home Ryan," I yawned.

"I really don't want to be in a house where War World III is about to start," he threw himself next to me on the couch.

"Parents?" I frowned hugging a soft cushion.

"The whole family," he corrected. "They're practically throwing chairs at each other."

"Ugh, what is going on with us? Cam's dad passed away and now your family is a wreck," I sighed.

" 'Us'? You have no worries at all in this house," he rolled his eyes.

"Might I remind you I was forced to go to a stupid -"

"I get it," he cut me off before I can go on about the whole dance thing.

 "Betrayed by my mother," I muttered. 

"I get it," he said more clearly and slowly. 

"You're gonna crash here tonight?" I asked. 

"Can I?" 

"Course," I replied then walked to make microwave popcorn while he chose a movie. 

We stayed up until five in the morning watching almost all the scary movies I had on the shelf. Along the way, we got into a popcorn fight that left the room a mess when we woke up. I found myself on the couch wrapped up in Ryan's arms. Ah, damn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.7K 21
What happens when Avery the shy but brave 16 year old falls for Lane the quaterback playboy. Will they make it what bumps will come along the journey...
176K 3.1K 36
Brennen Taylor's sister, Breann, starts hanging out with his friends and what happens when she starts to fall for one?
686 14 27
Joshua Nun starts his first year in college with hopes of adventure, education and finding a girlfriend. Much to his surprise he meets not one but th...
15.1K 361 58
She loves him more then words. More then life itself. But when she is finally ready to confess all he shuts her down breaking her heart. Alice Smith...