RIVER→ Sodapop Curtis

By brokenpausebutton

❝tales of an endless heart, cursed is the fool who's willing. can't change the way we are, one kiss away from... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
020
021
022
023

019

8.4K 243 364
By brokenpausebutton

"like a river, like a river, shut your mouth and run me like a river." 

Journal Entry #537

if they love you to death, never die on them. 

→←

"You ready?" I asked as I glanced at Andrew. We were both getting ready to meet Soda at the Dingo and Jay's, where we tell him that we're dating

He took a deep breath and nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be." 

We both got in his car as he drove towards the Dingo and Jay's. Even though I've lived in Tulsa my whole life, I've never been to the Dingo and Jay's. 

Once we arrived, we stepped out of the car as our feet carried us into the Dingo and Jay's, the aroma of cheeseburgers and milkshakes greeting my nose and taste buds. 

We saw Soda sitting at a booth and gradually walked over to him, his big smile fading once he saw Andrew. "I thought it was just going to be you and me?" He asked, disappointment thick in his voice.

I bit my lip and turned towards Andrew, already feeling a pang of guilt. "I just brought Andrew because I wanted to tell you that we are dating." 

Soda's eyes went wide and he looked as if he didn't believe me. "You two? But you guys are like brother and sister, why would you ever date?" 

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "Well, unlike you, Andrew has always been there for me and given me advice when I need it." 

Soda looked taken aback, but still gave me a small smile. "Well, maybe we can go on a double-date tomorrow." 

I turned towards Andrew with a raised eyebrow. "That'd be great. What time?" 

Soda shot me a smirk. "Seven. Picnic at the river.

I felt anger bubble inside of me and let out a shaky breath as I shot him the fakest smile I could manage. "Great. You're bringing the food though." 

He stood up out of the booth. "Oh, I will. You two enjoy your date, I'm going to go home to Sandy." 

He exited the Dingo and Jay's, making me turn towards Andrew with a scowl on my face. "That little-" 

"Let's calm down and sit and eat, okay?" Andrew interjected, sitting me down on one side of the booth as he sat on the other side. 

"I have a feeling the double-date tomorrow won't end well." Andrew chuckled, glancing at the menu. 

I sighed. "Do you think he was jealous?" 

Andrew laughed sarcastically. "Dakota, jealousy was dripping from every word that came out of his mouth. He mentioned Sandy about ten times right after you said we were dating." 

I giggled. "Well, then I guess our plan is working so far." 

He scoffed. "Let's just hope it doesn't get destroyed tomorrow."

"I promise I will try to contain myself." I rolled my eyes as Andrew shot me a warning glance. 

He pointed his finger at me. "You better. I don't want to have to drag you out of a cat fight with Sandy." 

→←

"Dakota, long time no see!" Sandy shot me an evil smirk as Soda set up the picnic. 

"Sandy...." I mumbled, rolling my eyes, which made Andrew nudge me. 

We all sat down once Soda got everything set up and started grabbing out sandwiches to eat. "So, I heard you two are dating." Sandy spoke, shooting a grin at the both of us. 

Andrew nodded. "Yeah, we are." He turned to look at me and shot me a smile. "Lucas is probably laughing from Heaven saying he knew it." 

I started giggling, a real one. If Lucas were here, he would be saying that. That's all he ever wanted as a teenager- besides a girlfriend- was for Andrew and I to get together. 

"Oh, yeah. I'd never live this one down." I groaned as I took a sip of my coke. 

Soda kept quiet the whole time, making Sandy lean on his shoulder. "Baby, let's tell them how we met." 

Soda shot us a fake smile and told us how they met - it wasn't romantic at all, if that's what you're wondering. 

"And that's how we met." He finished, making me stifle a laugh. 

"Should we tell them how we met?" I turned towards Andrew and he shrugged.

"It all started when we were five...." 

"Lucas, where are you going? Mom and Dad are waiting for us!" I called as Lucas kept walking past our house.

He turned around towards me and raised his arms out. "Really, Kota? Look at the driveway! No one is there! They never are!" 

I sighed and felt the need to start crying. "But, Lucas, we'll get in trouble!"

He walked towards me and held my hand. "I promise we won't get in trouble. They probably won't even be here by the time we get back." 

"You promise?" I asked. 

"Always." He smiled. 

We held hands as we continued walking away from the house, the mansion getting smaller and smaller as we continued walking towards the East side of town. 

There was this boy playing on a bridge at the river, making Lucas pull me towards him. "Hey!" Lucas shouted, making the boy glance up. 

The blonde-headed boy smiled. "Hey!" 

"Mind if we play with you?" Lucas asked as the boy turned his attention on me, a grin curling at the end of his lips. 

"Sure! My name is Andrew. Andrew Logan." 

"My name is Lucas and this is my twin sister, Dakota." 

"Well, I'm trying to catch butterflies, maybe y'all could help me!" Andrew suggested, handing us a net. 

We started running around in the grass, catching butterflies while laughing, the worries of our parents coming home erasing completely. 

By the time the sun started to set, we caught ten butterflies. We let them go and started walking back towards the direction of our house. "Goodbye, Andrew!" We waved to him and he waved back. 

"Bye, Lucas and Dakota! Come back tomorrow!" 

I smiled. "We will." 

→←

"I can't believe you remembered all of that. I didn't even remember all of it." Andrew chuckled, making me laugh. 

"How could I forget it? It was the day I met my best friend." 

"Aww, we'd love to stay, but Sandy and I have to get home." Soda excused, standing up. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and Andrew and I stood up also. "Well, goodbye. I'll see you tomorrow, Soda." 

He grunted. "Sure." 

They left and Andrew and I started busting out laughing. "Did you see how pissed off he was?" I giggled. 

Andrew nodded. "That was great." 

And as we continued laughing, we starting walking back up the hill towards his house, the same hill we once caught butterflies on. 

→←

ATTENTION: MY NEW BOOK IS OUT AHH! IT'S CALLED ARSONIST'S LULLABYE AND I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT! 

I've been working on it for a few months now, and I'm just finally publishing it. 

also, are you starting to ship #ANDROTA more?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 3.9K 70
Monroe Winston is forced to move to Oklahoma and live with her brother. Sodapop Curtis love story. CURRENTLY EDITING
135K 1.1K 62
imagines of your favorite greasers, there's nothin' else to it. enjoy!
1.5K 29 10
"Will you sing me a love song?" ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ THIS STORY CONTAINS ELEMENTS SUCH AS SMOKING, DRINKING, ABUSE, AND S3LF HARM! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! D...
8.2K 279 30
Having a curse that was passed down to me. The curse that just won't go away. The curse that ruined my entire life. [COMPLETED]