↠ wild spirit {calum hood au}...

By tchaikensky

"oh really so what are you then? miss piano slash cello girl?" "the angel from your nightmares." "is that so... More

↠ wild spirit {c.h} ↠
prologue
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09 /scarlett/
10 /calum/
11
12
13
14
15
epilogue
update

01

40.8K 969 568
By tchaikensky

scarlett's pov

I walked into symphony orchestra, cello in hand, ready to play my audition piece for the solo in the end of the year concert, where college conductors would be, watching us perform, well the select few soloists.

Not a single nerve ran through my body, I had been in the musical spotlight since I was a young child, playing piano recitals for weeks on end, touring around the country becoming well known. Eventually I quit doing that after I felt like it was too much for a seven year old girl. Now here I am ten years later, about to graduate, and still stressing myself out with music.

I have the option to choose between if I want to do a cello or piano solo, I chose cello, the  cello just seemed to be a better fit for me than the piano, even though I still spend hours upon hours slaving over the keys, playing until my fingers were numb and felt lifeless.

And then I'd go practice my cello, playing repeatidly until my fingers bled from doing vibrato on the strings to hard. My father put all the pressure on me, since my twin Violet is to put it in the nicest form, an absent minded bitch. She has no clue what is going on, and never cares about what others think, except for her 'play buddy' Calum, he always comes over when my father is out at work mettings or working away from home.

I'd be sitting in my room, and then I'd hear them it was awful, it was unbearable, so I would go to Tiffany's house. "Good morning Miss. Dawson, are you ready for the auditions today?" Ms. Pierre asked, walking over to her podium where she would conduct us.

"Ready as I'll ever be, Ms. Pierre." I replied with a smile, but I was panicking, my future could be on the line. Pulling my instrument out, and putting rosin on my bow, I placed my cello upright, and began to practice my composition one last time before I show what nights of staying up, screaming and crying paid off for. Some might think I take this to the extremes, but nobody understands, music is all I have left, I have no desire to study anything else in school; no other job desire; just to make music.

"Goodmornig class," Ms. Pierre greeted the symphony orchestra, the grand total of around nintey of us; it was larger than previous years, and more driven to succed. "We're going to be holding auditions for the solos in the spring concert, who would like to start off?" Tiffany rose her hand, smiling at me and Ms. Pierre, she was the concert mistress, she could do amazing things on her violin, it was amazing. "And Tiffany will be kicking this off, and Scarlett, would you go next please?" I nodded at her, as she turned her attention to Tiffany.

She took a deep breath before playing a small section of Sibelius Violin Concerto in D minor. Watching her bow glide over her strings, and staying in the same spot was amazing, seeing her go into sixth and fifth position was un-natural for me, since I don't play the same instrument as her. As she finished, Ms. Pierre clapped for her, as did the rest of the symphony orchestra, we were known as the two show-offs in the class, I don't see why we should hide it if we have it inside of us. "That was beautiful, Tiffany." Ms. Pierre praised her, Tiffany bowed for the class and sat down back in her seat. "Scarlett, are you ready to play for us?" She smiled at me, my nerves seemed to vanish, I became extremely confident.

"As ready as I will ever be." I smiled back at her, then at Tiffany. Placing my cello's neck on my shoulder I began to play "Winter" from Antonio Vivaldi's Four Seasons. My bow began moving across my four strings; hitting every note perfectly, smiling to myself as I played it from memory, I had been working on it since winter, ironically since it's called Winter. Getting lost in my music I forgot I was supposed to stop playing, I finished it off, and nobody seemed to notice.

Ms. Pierre smiled at me, "that was beautiful Scarlett, well class." Before she turned towards the clock, we had five minutes left, "I think we all know who got the two solos for this concert." She smiled at Tiffany and I. "You may now pack your things up and head out, see you all tomorrow, don't forget to practice your music class." She shouted as we all walked into the instrument storage room.

~~~~

Walking to Mr. Bircham's class, I felt relieved, relieved that I got the solo so my dad would lay some pressure off of me at home, but now he probably sees that as more time for me to practice piano. My phone went off as I entered the class, Violet: dad's gone go over to your friends house or stay in your room tonight. 

To Violet: How about no? You and your arrogant friends can go somewhere else.

From Violet: You're such a bitch Scarlett.

To Violet: Same to you aswell.

I slammed my phone on my desk, not caring if it shattered, "fucking violet." I muttered under my breath, watching everyone enter the class, the popular kids, also known as Calum Hood, Ashton Irwin, Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, and of course, the bitchiest of them all, the one and only Violet Dawson. It makes me laugh that people don't question why we have the same last name, they're probably stupider than I thought. "Good afternoon everyone, hope you've all had a wonderful day, because we're starting the family unit today, which means, you'll be doing your end of the year, as you kids call it, baby assignment!" He cheered, clapping his hands together and walking to his hat to pull names for partners, as he always did for class projects where we had partners.

"Alright now, let's have," he paused to reach his hand into the hat, "Violet Dawson and Ashton Irwin together, you'll be working with a girl doll, please name her and tell me her name and number on the back of her neck." He handed them the doll, everyone laughing at the partnering of them.

As he read on in the list, Tiffany got partnered with Michael, I felt bad for her, but she looked delighted to be partnered with him; partially because she's had the biggest crush on him since grade school. "And last but not least, Scarlett Dawson and Calum Hood!" He cheered, everyone looking at me, and then to him. My face fell, my eye's going wider than my head.

"What?!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms up in protest, "I do not want to be partners with that." I motioned towards Calum's figure next to my petite frame.

"I'm sorry Miss. Dawson, your partners are final; no changing." He looked at us, almost satisfied with his pairing. "Now, I suggest you two come up here and get your daughter and name her before the rules are read." He basically flung the doll at us, Calum catching it with his cat-like reflexes, how could I forget, star soccer player is my parter, how delightful.

"I think Cinnamon is a good name." Calum threw out as we sat down at my table, I looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Are you mad? That's a stripper name!" I retorted, getting more and more agitated by the second I had to spend in his presence. "How about Mila?" I suggested, thinking of Mila Kunis.

"That's a lovely name, good thinking Scar."

"It's Scarlett." I snapped at him, he looked at me and laughed. He had an amazing smile, but right then I got thoughts about where they're been and nearly vomitted at my thoughts. I laughed to myself at my thoughts.

"Oh I know where they've been, I hear it almost every weekend." I muttered to myself, hoping he wouldn't hear me. I bursted out laughing, earing a few stares, I brushed them off and lightly chuckled to myself.

I was entertained at how people would say Violet and I looked alike, I wanted to reply with one of my witty comebacks, but I decided not to since I'd rather not be known as the twin sister of queen bitch. I liked being known as Scarlett, or nobody important.

Outside of school, you'd be surprised at how Violet acted, when she wasn't with friends and it was just us, she was some-what nice believe it or not. She would take me to the doctor for monthly check-ups, I have panic disorder, basically where I panic over things that cannot be prevented, I'm learing to deal with it, and accept the things I can't change; she actually helped me a lot, she said she wanted to be a nurse when she got out of college, she'd be a good one too. It confused me on why she had to be a bitch to everyone at school, if she was nicer maybe people would actually like her and she could get a real boyfriend instead of using Calum as her friend with benefits.

"Now class, you must spend time with your partner and your quote on quote, baby for at least ten hours a week, and your baby must alternate between which house it stays at, do you understand?" We all nodded, some of us not paying attention, I was barely, I was horrified, I had to spend more time with Calum than what I already had to at school? Hearing him and Violet for an hour on multiple days was enough for me for a lifetime. "If you fail to complete the hours, you will fail this class." He looked around the class at all of the problem kids. "And I mean it, there will be no excuses." The bell cut him off signalling the day was over, I was more than happy to get out of that hell hole.

"Scarlett! Wait!" A voice called behind me and I turned around, Calum.

"We should probably get our hours together started since we're starting it today, should we hang out at your place?"

"No." I was almost too quick to cut him off, he'd recognize my house when he saw the inside of it, maybe the outside.

"Okay, maybe we can take Mila to the beach, since she's a baby? I don't know." He muttered scratching the back of his neck.

"Calum it's a Friday night, don't you have plans? Besides, the beach is an hour or two away, since we're in the heart of New York City." I explained, waiting for him to say he had plans with Violet since our dad was away.

"Then I guess that gives us a few hours to cross off the chart for the weekly amount required." He smirked walking with me to my car.

I wanted to rip my hair out, this boy agitates me more than Violet does. "Fine." I replied through gritted teeth.

What fun this will be.

 ~~~~

hi goise, im kendall, and i wrote 365 Days(Ashton Irwin) and this is my calum fic ayo. so i realize majority of you wont know half of the things I put in there about music, so just feel free to ask if youre confused :) yes i like typing in lower letters bc it feels better than writing in fancy shmancy shit. i also play violin and piano, hA but yeah okie bye ily dont forget to vote, comment and share :))))

-ken

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319 13 90
"There such babes". Title basically.
498K 20.2K 40
"My name is Calum Hood. I have a secret. I am the Mafia don's son, and my mission? To eliminate the president's daughter--Mia Roux."
86.7K 1.9K 46
calum hood + ariana grande *SOCIAL MEDIA*
466K 15K 55
He had everything....but she had nothing Book 1/4 of the Misunderstood series. ©Copyright - 2014/2015 CakeMashtonLover ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. #4 cal...