Hereafter (GxG) editing

By unsurreal

Would you dare love a vampire who seems to be caught up and tied to someone from her past? Even if that someo... More

Part One: Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Part Two: Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
10 - Mountain
Chapter 10.5
Part Three: Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Part Four: Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 29.5
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
(UPDATE!)Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue 1

Chapter 39

173 9 3
By unsurreal

The Return

•106•

When Autumn went past through the cemented arch of the open door she realized she was the only person they were waiting for. She bowed her head timidly, muttering her sincere apology.

The room is a huge and shaped into a circle. There were 13 main witches that will lead the ritual. She didn't know every one but she recognized Theodore, Heleyna, Caleb, Maia, two other Noble Pioneers whom she couldn't recall the names and the rest were witches from the coven the Maia, Heleyna and probably Theo chose to be suitable. There were 13 stripes of thin pure silver in the middle that resembled the shape of an egg. The bottom of the thin silver rods were buried in the same center ground, curving outward as it reached the middle, the other end meeting at the top, completing the oval. There were also silver plated on the ground surrounding the egg which they will soon stand on when the ritual start.

The brunette looked to her side and she saw some of her friends in their window position looking at her with an unreadable expression. Nearest to her was Jareth then Thyone, Lio and Gian. To her other side she saw Arone which nearly made her trip. She gave him a smile and a look they says you're here too?! But as soon as she realized it isn't such a good thing because he would witness how broken hearted she will be after so she quickly diverted her smile into pursing her lips and nodding at him. She walked right next to Maia where her place is, Caleb stood from across the room eyeing everyone intently and relaxing himself. Theo and Heleyna were a few witches away from her. She received a nod from the two powerful witch and she quickly returned the gesture.

The entrance she just went through finally revealed Athan who's face is covered in drying tears. Everyone noticed but she didn't care. Her eyes were empty and couldn't meet Autumn's the the brunette looked back to check on her. Athan walked to her mother and Maia rubbed her arm soothingly, telling her where she should stand until Anne is resurrected. She simple nodded and stepped back again, beyond the golden lane separating the 13 main witches and the back ups.

Although they all have great control over their energy, they all agreed on using a wand just to avoid unwanted misdirection of their of power. Even Autumn already mastered how to control her power and where to aim it.

"Let's begin." Caleb announced once everyone are in their rightful places and the 13 witches stepped on the silver plate that are somewhat elevated from the ground. They had their wands in the hands their accustomed of.

Fifteen minutes they stood calming their nerves and clearing their heads. Fifteen minutes of Athan feeling fearful and excited. Very emotional in general. She knew she had to clear any unnecessary thoughts as well even though she isn't one of the 13. So she tried to. When managed to calm her hammering heart, she looked up to the high ceiling of the room and was taken aback by the number of efficere she saw floating above their heads. She could bet there are even other efficerees overlapping the room. In her vision she could assume about there were more than two hundred of them, bodies like smoke and all of them looking at the center, the egg shape metal rods. There were too many of the and the room is too big and Lio said Autumn had 40 efficerees surrounding her just when she started using her power, the outside of the structure must look like a tree with hundreds, maybe thousand of slaved souls hovering around. Souls that are striving to see the light and rest in the upper realm.

13 very powerful and respected witches all come together to bring back the love of her life.

After another moment, Autumn and the rest started speaking in Latin. They all stored the words in their mind. It sounded like a prayer but it was delivered very calmly and next thing Athan saw was every one of them poured their wands to the center. She could see fire in their eyes and over flowing energy. The efficerees hands were aimed at the center as well, their physique looked more foggy..

This time the witches chanted a sentence with four rhyming paragraphs, still using the dead language.

It will take a while. Athan thought. They were going to have to build up their combined energy first in the egg before finishing it with a final and different spell. That is why they will all feel exhausted after. Why resurrecting the deceased rarely happens. Not only that it is utterly forbidden, but you will need to be capable. You need to have strong and trusted connections.

Athan never appreciated her ancestors. She never felt honored to be born on her bloodline, but now she is. If she was never born an Ambrogio, there's no way she could find a strong and influential circle just to wake her fiancée from her supposed to be eternal rest.

Everyone else around her attained the same neutral expression. It was best not to let any emotion enter the premise. It wouldn't really do much harm, but for the best result and efficiency. Athan managed to keep her cool but shortly fazed when she heard Autumn gasp just after they said the final spell that will bring Anne back.

Athan gape when she saw Autumn shaking. She still had her wand pointed at the center but her whole body shook and there was no way to control it. Autumn couldn't speak anything coherent, even at all. There was nothing running on her mind but she felt like she was dying. It wasn't painful but it was breathtaking, literally. Her eyes became a white hollow and it glowed. Her jaw dropped and gasped for air but nothing. She just shook. The 12 witches lost their cool for a split second to what was happening then focused again immediately.

Athan took a step to touch Autumn and check what was happening, totally losing and caution. Maia's other hand raised, stopping her from doing so. Jareth on her side cocked his head towards the middle, telling her to stand next to the oval. She froze. Would she really ignore the fact that her girlfriend is having a seizure, probably because she already drained all her energy, to meet her other lover??? Before Athan could argue, Jareth gave her back a pat and encouraged her to do what he said.

She walked slowly, passing Autumn who was still in the same state. Her own breath hitched. When she arrived next to the ten feel tall egg shaped, some efficerees screamed. She didn't know why or what was happening. Returning her eyes to her girlfriend, her eyes widened and she started to panic. She was going to take a step closer to Autumn when something in front of her appeared. Inside the oval appeared a light and smoke. Autumn's whole body started being by a light coming from inside of her. As if she was being turned into ashes by the illumination, in front of her, the fog formed a figure. A girl.

When Autumn disappeared from anyone else's sight like a blow of cigarette smoke, Jareth room action. He was fast filling in the vacate plate and drawing her wand in the same direction as Autumn's. Thyone held his right shoulder. She nodded at her brother as she transferred her energy to him. On her left she had Gian holding on her left shoulder and Lio on her right.

Arone held tightly on Jareth's left shoulder blade doing what the others were doing. It was all planned and the rest that are behind and beside him followed. They all filled Autumn's place in order assure the success of the complex ritual.

Athan still couldn't close her mouth. She was now staring at a spirit. She doesn't look like Anne or Autumn, but she was beautiful. All that the spirit was is white with eyes and mouth emitting light just like what just happened to her girlfriend seconds ago.

When her girlfriend disappeared to ashes, the spirit appeared... Could it be?

Athan frowned, shaking her head in disbelief.

Autumn, Anne... They're the same person?... No, they share the same soul.

Could it be Autumn knew all along and was pretending to be oblivious? No, that's impossible. She continued to shake her head.

"A-...A-... " She stuttered, unsure of what name to call but she decided to call out for her fiancée's. "Anne... Anne? " She reached out, slipping her hand between silvers, touching the spirit's check.

The moment of contact, a series of memories played right in front of the spirit's eyes. The combined memories of Anne, Autumn, and all the other personalities she had in her past lives.

Autumn's ereased memories came like a tsunami. As her eyes remain a hollow white and mouth agape, she remembered everything. She remembered working in a post office in 1769. She was having a terrible and yet the flying mails the rude customer threw everywhere clearly wasn't making her day any better. He kept on complaining about how long his mail would have to take to be delivered when she zoned out as she saw a beautiful raven haired girl in a red coat standing outside the store. Throughout her 30 years of existence, she never saw someone so perfect and captivating. She caught a glimpse of her emerald eyes before the beautiful girl turned her back around, seemingly waiting for someone. After minutes that passed by, the stranger left and they never crossed paths again until in 1885. "Brittany." Her friend called her and she had to take off her eyes from the same pair of light green eyes that seemed to be watching her as well. She faced her friend. She was feeling guilty that her attention was not on her friend when it was her who invited her for coffee to catch up since she missed her 45th birthday. When she turned her head to look at the girl again who was studying her, she was already gone. All that was left in her table was the payment to the morning coffee she was drinking.

In 1994, she was still a child walking her dog in the park accompanied by her father David. She threw the ball for her dog to fetch but it accidentally hit a bystander on the shoulder. "Oops!" she squeaked, covering her mouth in fear of hurting an innocent human. Pauline immediately ran to retrieve the ball and apologize. When the victim of her carelessness handed her the ball, she was starstruck as to how beautiful she is and her forest green eyes. They both smiled after the little girl apologized. They turned their backs and went on separately again. Pauline saw her dog cross the street. She ran to save her dog. Then there was a loud and frantic beeping of a car horn. A six year old girl lying bloody on the road. David's phone dropped to the ground when he saw her daughter get hit. Athan gasped, her heart fell to see the young girl she just talked to now dead with her dog sniffing her body, her father holding her, crying, screaming her name and begging for help, other pedestrian watched in horror and calling for an ambulance. But it was too late, Pauline's spirit already detached from her body. Watching the tragic scene of her death.

All of their encounters went to waste until the one where Athan made a move that entirely rewrite their paths. She was hesitant when she bumped into a beautiful college freshman in the hallway of Collinscean university. But when the girl returned her binder later that day, she couldn't resist the urge to make an impression and kiss the girl. "That will surely make her remember me. " Athan thought before she walked away.

After the partial recollection of lost memories, the soul had a body. Inside the egg, a new Autumn was born. With shaky legs and scared eyes, she walked out of her confinement. Effortlessly bending away the metal without even touching it, she stepped out and let body fall to Athan.

Athan pulled her in an embrace as she crouched. Holding her face with both hands, staring straight in her eyes, in her soul. Tears ran down her cheeks, kissing the crown of Autumn's head. She finally smiled in joy and she greeted her with the words, "I never fell in love with anyone else baby... I was scared I broke my promise but, but I didn't, babe. I've always loved you and only you." Athan sobbed.

Autumn faced her closely, smiling as she saw Athan's face in the same light again. After all the memories that came back, she knew exactly what Athan is talking about. "God, I missed you so much." the brunette pulled her into an embrace, not caring about the other vampires and witches that are surrounding them and most likely watching them. They heard them seal the ritual and still not even batting an eye at them.

"I missed you too so much, Anne...Autumn." She giggled shaking her, not being able to believe it. "You and her...I loved the same soul after all this time."

"I always knew I can trust your words Athan. " The witch pulled her closer by the neck, enjoying the sweet taste of her lips which the vampire quickly reciprocated.

Maia made an order and the vampires became twice as alert since they were warned there could be a possible threat in the room. Maia place a light hand on the lover's shoulders and whispered. "Let's get you back to the castle, it's not safe here honey. We'll help you out. " Athan didn't understand what she meant but Autumn somehow did. There was suddenly a very strong and negative energy in the place. They both nodded and escorted to the exit.

Mean while, a man who was of help of 'reviving Anne' pulled on his hood as he stood there agitated. He couldn't make a move to end Anne or Autumn, he doesn't care, once and for all. There were too many and his army still isn't perfectly prepared for the war. His knuckles turned white, teeth gritting as he watched Autumn and Athan walk out, surrounded by loyal Noble Pioneers.

Never would have he expected Anne and Autumn is the same person. His original plan would have worked if they weren't the same thing. But now, it's all messed up!

Renaissance Period

Athan

I was sitting on one of the many benches of the hills that my family own. Looking at the sunset, I waited patiently for my inamorata. We fell in love with each other for a while now. Me on the other hand, was not able to think of being with anybody else but her. I was ready and willing to lock the chain between us and spend my entire life with her. She had the most captivating pair of sparkling brown eyes that I have ever seen. The words she spoke seemed to be enough to fix all the trouble a person has. And her kiss, oh her kiss. It was the type you would die for.

I love her so much. Anne. I will die for her. Even if that's absurd cos we both know I'm immortal. And because of her, being one doesn't sound too scary anymore. I can just wish she will stick by my side for the endless run.

I can just wish an angel like her will give herself to a demon like me.

"Hi." I was pulled out from my thoughts when I heard her beautiful voice behind me.

I turned my head to see the face that I longed for since last night. "Hi." I greeted back as I studied her.

She was only wearing her shift, a loose linen smock and she was also barefooted.

I slightly creased my brows and demanded explanation even thought she'd tell me the same thing over and over. "Why are you just wearing that?"

Anne shrugged nonchalantly, knowing I can't stay annoyed of her very little clothing. She walked towards me and started. "You know I don't like excessive clothing. A can barely move."

"Yeah, yeah. And you don't care what other people says." I added to her statement just before I felt her presence sitting, watching the sun set beside me.

She grinned, "Very good, you have memorised my line." She finally turned to me to look at my eyes that are already glued to her. "Sorry I'm late. I was in the woods again."

I nodded, completely understanding her situation. "I don't mind. I know you have to be prepared for your coming of age." I smiled dearly, not wanting her to worry about the few minutes that she made me wait.

Without another word, Anne moved her face closer. Her hand caressed my face as my hand snaked around her thin waist. Right there just when the sun completely disappeared in the horizon, we shared a kiss that was even more passionate than our last.

Moments later, I slowly pulled away from her. Still keeping our forehead in touch, I watched her long lashes part before I could gaze in her beautiful russet brown eyes. Her eyes that ensembles the humble earth and the blood that will spill on it.

Biting my lips as I breathed deep, I let the promising words out. "I want to give you something." I fished the stone from my pouch resting beside me. "My moonstone."

The look on her face showed her uneasiness. Her back straightened, "No. . . That's yours. It's as precious as your life."

I shook my head smiling and tried to vanish her scruple with my vow. "It doesn't really matter you know. You see, I had already given my heart to you. You are the most important to me."

Still, she deliberated. "B-but. . . That could cost you your life, Athan. . ."

Smiling at her, I held her gently with both hands to kiss her forehead. "You are my life Anne. Take it as a promise. That you will always be the only girl that I will ever love. Forever. . ."

My Anne's face turn red. As she was biting her lips, tiny amount of water started to form in her lids. To seal my promise, I kissed her again and let my emotions take me away.

"Athan."

•©•

Who do you guys think the villain is??? Lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 1.1K 16
*(lauren/you/camila)* gxg Y/n had never understood the world's obsession with romantic relationships, no matter how hard she tried. Lover after love...
277K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
14.7K 888 100
"I want you. I want all of you because you are mine." As an Alpha, Amber has it all except for a mate. She has been waiting for the Luna's time but t...
673 42 9
True Love don't always find each other. ...unless you're planning to use a mix of the truth and lies. Nahariel has found his lover at last. However...