You Were Always The One (Jaim...

By simplyadrianaxo

If you love something let it go, if it comes back it's yours forever, but if it doesn't then it wasn't meant... More

1. New Beginings
2. She Won't Chase Him Anymore
3. Trying To Push You Out
4. Try A New Life Without You
5. Wherever You Are
6. Ghosts
7. My Heart
8. I Swear It Will Get Easier
9. Red Lights Flashing
10. Good For You
11. War Zone
12. We're Good We're Solid We're Gold
13. Floral and Fading
14. Right Beside You
15. Waking Up
16. I Just Wanna Scream
17. Without You
18. I Can Hear You In The Wind
19. Everything Is Alright
20. Trigger My Nightmare
21. Because Of You
22. Million Dollar Houses
23. Colors & Promises
24. I knew I loved You
25. Feeling Sorry
26. I Might Be Perfect With You
27. I Could Sing You A Song
28. This Christmas
29. Give Me That Swing
30. One Step Closer
31. Do It Now Remember It Later
Sweet Serenity
32. We Can't Stop
33. Time Has Brought Your Heart To Me
34. Then There's Faith In Love
THANK YOU.
Kissing In Cars [Concert Video]

Epilogue

123 8 7
By simplyadrianaxo

Epilogue

We woke up fairly early today due to having to decorate the hall and make sure everything looked exactly as she imagined it.

I climbed the stairs and headed into our bedroom to find Jaime throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, my eyes grazing over his body slowly as my heart rate picked up like always, even after all these years of being married.

"Are you done staring at me?" Jaime asks with a smirk.

"No, not really." I laugh.

"Is Lilah up?" He asks while tying his shoes to his feet.

"Yeah, she's downstairs eating cereal."

"And Lucas?"

"In his room playing games."

I go into the closet and get changed into something for the day, deciding on a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt paired with some white Converse.

I left my face clean from any makeup seeing as the makeup and hair dresser would be arriving soon to do all of that for me.

I walked down the hall and knocked on Lucas's door then opened it to see him sitting on the edge of his bed giving the TV screen his full attention, "Lucas, get dressed, you and your dad are going to the hall to help set up." I say getting a groan in response.

"But mom, it's not even my party why do I have to go set up?"

"Because I said so." I say with a raised eyebrow.

"Now get dressed, the game will be here when you get back I promise."

I shut the door to his room and walked downstairs to where Jaime was making himself coffee while Lilah was hunched over the counter eating cereal, a spoon in her right hand while she played on her phone with the other.

"Hey mom?" She asks through a mouthful of Lucky Charms.

"Yes?" I say turning to Jaime who already had a cup of coffee made for me.

"Can I have a car for my sixteenth?"

I look at her with a smile, "Ask your dad."

"Dad?"

"Lilah, look." He says with a laugh.

"I didn't get my first car until I was eighteen, so ask me again when you're seventeen and three quarters then maybe I'll think about it." He continues to laugh.

"But dad." She says dragging out the dad.

"If you behave until then, then I'll consider it, but I've gotta see those grades high all year, no getting into trouble and take care of the house."

"Deal." She smiles putting her bowl in the sink then trots over to him to place a kiss on his cheek.

We watch as she skips up the stairs, I turn to look at Jaime with a smirk and stick out my pink to him, "Wrapped right around her finger." I laugh.

"Yeah well, let's see how well she keeps up her side of the deal." He says with a grin.

"Lucas!" I shout up the stairs.

"I'm coming!"

I sip on my warm coffee and watch as Jaime pours the rest of his in a to-go cup just as Lucas was walking down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Are you ready squirt?" Jaime asks Lucas.

"Dad, I'm thirteen years old, I think I've out grown the squirt faze." Lucas says with a head tilt.

"Yeah yeah, come on squirt." He says leading the way out the door.

I place a kiss on Lucas's head and see them out just as our hair dresser drove into our driveway. She and the makeup artist get their things down and I show them in, then up the stairs to my bathroom where I usually have my makeup spread out.

"Lilah they're here, come on." I say, peaking my head into her bedroom.

She follows me out and into my room where Yolanda and Linda are setting up their things to get to work on our hair and faces.

"Are you excited?" Linda asks Lilah as she begins to brush out her hair while the curler heats up.

Lilah shyly nods her head with a smile, "Yeah, I'm ready for the party to start." She laughs.

I smile and look at Lilah, still seeing the little two-year-old that would climb on her stool to play with my makeup and ask to wear my high heels.

Today is Lilah's fifteenth birthday and we decided to throw her a quinceañera to celebrate. As soon as she turned fourteen Jaime's side of the family quickly began to ask when we would start planning the party.

After a bit of thinking we asked Lilah what she wanted to do and she immediately agreed and became so excited at the thought, we just couldn't say no.

Her theme is Under the Sea, which suits her very well, since she was a baby she'd been obsessed with mermaids and anything sea related.

I can't deny saying that Lilah has grown to become a very smart and talented young lady, she's good in school and hangs with a good crowd so I have nothing to be worried about.

In her free time, she goes to anti-bullying clubs to help by talking with her classmates that just need a friend, I can't lie and say I felt so much happiness when she told Jaime and I that she was signing up for the club.

Other than that, she is in drama and always talks about wanting to act so if there's an audition in town Jaime and I take her so she can try out.

She's been in a few commercials but as far as television shows, she's decided that she'd rather wait until she's done with high school so she can graduate with her friends.

She's still a daddy's girl and like I've joked about before, has Jaime wrapped around her finger.

After Jaime and I got married I became pregnant with my baby boy Lucas, although now he says he's too old to be called my baby boy, I still say it to get on his nerves.

He's thirteen and loves getting on Lilah's nerves, when he's not doing that he plays football or is locked in his room playing video games or strumming one of Jaime's old acoustic guitars.

"I told dad yes." Lilah says breaking me out of my thoughts.

"To what?" I ask with my eyebrows scrunched up.

She gives me a grin, "What has he been asking me for the past three months?"

"When did you say this?" I ask.

"Just right now, I texted Uncle Vic to get their things because they have a show tonight then told dad. He's pretty much freaking out." She laughs showing me his text.

"You've made his life." I laugh with a shake to my head.

"Yeah well, anything to make him happy." She smiles.

Once our hair and makeup was done the hairdresser left and we decided to go downstairs and wait until it was time to get ready.

My hair was done in a simple side braid that started at the top of my head and down to where the braid ended.

Since Lilah's colors were aqua and silver, my shadows consisted of a very pretty aqua center that smoked out with black in the outer corners, on my inner corner was a settled white color that made the eyes pop.

Lilah on the other hand, had her brown locks curled down her back with a crown braid around the crown of her head, the center of the braided crown was teased to a hump where her crown would lay when Jaime puts it on her tonight.

Her eye makeup was so pretty and different than mine, silver covered the top of her lid with a thin wing, underneath her water line was a smoked out aqua blue that made her brown eyes pop out perfectly.

"Can you call dad to bring home some food?" Lilah asks with a pout.

"Your dad won't be home anytime soon now that you told him he can play tonight. Just order a pizza." I say handing her my card.

I go into the living room and turn on the TV to occupy myself for the time being, seeing as we have a few hours to kill before having to put on our dresses.

By the time Jaime got home Lilah and I had finished the medium sized pizza all on our own while watching a movie on the lifetime channel.

"You guys had pizza!?" Lucas says as soon as he sees the box on the counter.

"You took too long so I ate your piece." Lilah says still watching the TV.

"Order another one." Jaime says to Lucas from behind us.

"Yes." Lucas whispers in victory.

"Well don't you two look fancy." Jaime says with a smile.

"Did Lilah tell you?" He continues with a grin.

"No, tell me what?" I ask, acting as if I didn't know.

"The band is getting back together!" He says with so much enthusiasm I couldn't help but smile.

"I know, she told me, what did the guys say?"

"Vic is excited, even if it's one song, he's just wanting to perform."

"What song are you playing?" I ask again before taking a sip of my coke.

"Lilah's favorite."

I turn to look at her and see that she's smiling widely, "You'll see."

I narrow my eyes at them then hear my phone alarm go off signaling that it's time to get ready, "Come on we gotta get dressed."

I lead the way up the stairs and to Lilah's room where her dress hung neatly on her closet door, it was beautiful, a strapless rhinestone covered top half which looked like a corset then puffed out at the waist, if that makes any sense at all.

The rhinestones kept going down to the bottom of the dress on the tulle that was over the silk fabric of the dress, but there weren't as many there as there was at the top.

I helped Lilah get into her petticoat then slipped the dress on over her head, careful not to mess up her hair, then laid it over the petti coat so that it would give the puffy effect that I was talking about.

I zipped up the back and handed her the silver heels she picked out, they weren't sky high but were high enough for approval, they had glitter on them and strapped at the ankle.

"You go get dressed, I'll finish up here." She says rushing me out of the room.

I race across the hall to our bedroom where Jaime was taking a shower, last minute if I may add in, and grabbed the dress bag from the closet along with my heels in the process.

My dress was obviously the same color as Lilah's, but the top was a high neckline with silver sequin embellishments above the torso, it flowed out at my waist and landed just above my knees.

I paired the dress with some glitter covered silver strappy heels that were at just the right height for me to not kill myself by falling.

I went over to my jewelry box and placed a pair of dangle earrings that looked like little vines on my ears, an aquamarine tennis bracelet and an aquamarine ring, it happened to be my favorite, Lilah and Lucas bought it for me for Christmas last year and I absolutely adore it.

"Are you ready?" Jaime says as he puts his dress shirt on.

"Yeah, we have to hurry, the limo will be here soon."

I help tie on Jaime's aqua colored tie then watch as he ties on a pair of classic black Vans, Lilah asked her escorts to do the same, still going for that skater vibe that her dad brought her up with.

We hear a knock at our door followed by a very ready to leave Lucas, "The limo is here!"

"Let's go before he runs down our door." I say with a laugh.

We walk down stairs and see Lilah talking with her friends that were part of her 'Court of honor', Joyce was of course her main escort along with eight of her other closest friends.

"Okay are you guys ready?" I ask as soon as I see them.

They all begin to nod in excitement so I lead the way outside and watch as they all file into the limo, Jaime and I would be driving behind them so they could have their fun on the way there without any awkward 'parents are here' silence.

Once we get to the hall you could see the many cars parked outside, all of our friends and family already inside waiting for Lilah's arrival.

I get down and follow Jaime to the limo where all the teens rush out and begin walking inside, Lilah going in last with Jaime and I following behind.

To say there were a lot of people here would be an understatement, there was so many people that I worried we wouldn't have enough food to feed them all.

"There she is!" I hear come from the right side of me.

I watch as Danielle walks up to Lilah to pull her into a hug, Lilah smiles and returns the gesture, she and Danielle became very close after a while, and I'm pretty sure it was all the times we left Lilah at her and Vic's when Jaime and I would go out for date nights.

Danielle is the one who pushed her more than ever to get into drama and start going to castings, when Jaime isn't here, Danielle goes with us to auditions then helps coach Lilah on things she struggles with, seeing as I have no idea in that department.

Once Lilah spots her friends she takes off in their direction, Danielle coming to me with a smile, "She's grown so much and I'm just now realizing it."

"I know, it's crazy, I look at her and still see the small baby she used to be."

"You guys have done well; she's become an amazing young lady."

I nod in agreement as I watch Lilah talk with her friends, being taken back in time to when she was still in my arms, making me play dolls with her or when she rode a bike for the first time.

The rest of the night went smoothly, Lilah did a dance with her court and everyone loved it, now it was time for the father daughter dance and I knew I had to hold back the tears that would threaten to fall.

I had no idea what song Lilah and Jaime chose, they picked it in secret and haven't told anyone in the past year besides the DJ.

Jaime pulls Lilah to the dance floor and smiles as he nods to the DJ to signal that they were ready, "Ladies and gentleman, now for the father daughter dance."

The room becomes quiet as Guns N' Roses Sweet Child of Mine begins to play on the speakers, I laughed as they began swaying on the dance floor, I should've known they'd pick this song.

Jaime would sing this song to her every night to put her to bed and even taught her how to play it on the guitar, it was their song and represented their relationship perfectly.

After the cake was cut the party began, the music blasted and all the kids were on the dancefloor dancing the night away, except Lilah.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around to spot her sitting at her table with a young boy, laughing and talking with him.

"Who's that." Jaime says narrowing his eyes at the boy.

"I don't know but Jaime-" I begin before it's too late.

Jaime marches over to where they sat, "Oh God Jaime, no." I say running behind him, I take ahold of his arm and pull him back.

"Don't you dare go and embarrass her."

"Who is this kid? I need to know these things."

"Jaime, she's fifteen, there's going to be many boys but you can't go interrupting conversations to scare them away."

"The hell I can't, no canoodling on my watch." He says pointing at his watch.

As if on cue Joyce walks past us, but not far enough out of Jaime's reach, "Joyce!"

Joyce turns around sharply, "Yes?"

"Who's that?" Jaime says pointing to the boy Lilah's with.

"Oh that's Ben Harper, he's in our grade." He says with ease.

"Is he a good kid?"

"Jaime." I say swatting his arm.

Joyce shrugs, "I mean, I guess he is, he's in a band."

And before Jaime could question any further Joyce is taken away by a few friends, "No more questions, just let her be."

It was as if everything I said went through one ear and out the other, Jaime walked over to Lilah who was now walking away from her table alone, when I caught up to him he was already asking questions.

"What does he play?"

"Dad." She drags out, looking to me for help.

"Jaime, stop." I laugh.

"I need to know these things."

"He plays drums." She answers.

"Drums Lilah? Do you not know to not date the drummer?"

"Why not?" She asks flinging her arms out.

"Have you not seen your uncle Mike?" He says.

"Uncle Mike isn't bad!"

"Jaime enough." I say sternly.

"Lilah, your dad is just having a hard time with this, go on and have fun." I smile releasing her from the interrogation.

"Jaime, let it go, she's growing up and boys are going to come and go, you just have to deal with it." I laugh at his straight face.

"Now hurry up, the guys are waiting to perform." I say looking at Vic who is walking in our direction.

"Are you ready Hime-Time!?"

Jaime smiled and kissed my cheek before turning to walk away with Vic, "Is he having a hard time dealing with boys?" I hear from next to me.

I turn to see Alysha smiling with her arms crossed, "It's just the beginning." I laugh.

Everyone clears the dancefloor as the guys take the stage to play a song for Lilah, Vic gets in his position in front of the microphone while the others stand in their usual spots.

After Lucas was born Jaime decided it was time to take a break, when discussing this with the guys they all seemed to think the same, seeing as they were all starting families of their own.

It's been about three years since Pierce the Veil took the stage, so doing this tonight was bringing back so much nostalgia.

"This one goes out to the birthday girl." Vic says into the microphone.

In one second the music begins to fill the room, I quickly recognize it to be Stained Glass Eyes and Colorful Tears, Lilah's absolute favorite.

"I changed your mind

And ended up here

Through stained glass eyes

And colorful tears

Fine...

Maybe I'll pretend right now

But I swear to God

I'm gonna change the world

And I promise you

Someday we'll tell ourselves

"Oh my God, this is paradise""

I watch as Lilah keeps her eyes on her dad, a wide smile on her face, she'd always admired him and I'm sure always will.

"I cherish my

American girl

She holds them down

While I destroy the world

My desperate crimes

She don't seem to care

(Oh yeah)

She bites her tongue

So that we can tell each other

"Baby this is paradise

And it's so god damn good"

Now we live like we should

Fine...

Maybe I'll pretend right now

But I swear to God

I'm gonna change the world

And I promise you

Someday we'll tell ourselves

"Oh my God, this is paradise""

They finished out the song and Lilah immediately went over to give them each a hug, all her friends freaking out about the whole thing.

I walk over to where Jaime and Lilah stood, Lucas doing the same as everyone began asking for pictures of us four.

After all these years, I still can't believe I am where I am, it still feels like a dream.

What began in a bakery ended with me marrying the man of my dreams, growing a family and living a life I always dreamt of.

There's a funny thing about second chances, if you have just the right amount of them, it could turn out to be everything you've ever hoped for.

[A/N: Well that's it! Again, thank you guys for sticking around with me these past two years.

I hope you all have enjoyed reading this as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

Love you guys! -Adri]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 101 22
"If a certain person has always been by your side, it doesn't mean that they are the one who are going to stay by your side. It may be possible that...
14.3K 375 35
let me know what you think :)
35.4K 1.2K 64
Read to find out.
16.5K 325 26
"I feel as if I were to let go of you, right now, I'll open my eyes and you'll be gone, as if all of this were just a dream." "then don't," he whisp...