Into You

By loveincredible07

Lauren is an ex-sergeant of the US Army who will be assigned to protect Camila Cabello. Camila, a tough, inde... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue

Chapter 50

15.5K 369 163
By loveincredible07

It's amazing how different your life can become with the smallest and simplest change.

The rest of the weekend had been a bit of a bust. By the time she and Camila woke up on Sunday, the morning was pretty much gone. Realizing that there was no point in making any significant plans for the day, they got dressed, and headed out to the nearest shop to buy some food, the fridge and cupboards being bare.

"Lolo, how about I treat us to a pub lunch?" Camila said suddenly, gesturing at the bar on the corner opposite.

"What about the shopping?" she said pointing at the store with its customers bustling in and out.

"We can get that on the way home, then you can cook me that fancy dinner you've been promising, but first, we can eat something cooked by someone else. We've only had cereal today and I'm starving,"

She mulled it over. It was only just gone two, and the opening hours on the shop door said they had a couple of hours before it closed.

"You're swaying, baby," Camila said with a grin, "I can tell... come on, it'll be nice."

"Ok," she said sighing dramatically, "but we can't be too long because the shop closes at four. There's no time for a heavy drinking session, Miss Cabello... and you bought dinner last night so it's my turn to pay."

"A quick bite," Camila promised crossing her heart, "and no alcohol. I'm not in the mood after last night."

She was true to her word as well, not a drop of alcohol passed her lips until long after they got home.

The pub was noisy and full of people as they forced their way to the bar, the atmosphere actually quite pleasant. She'd been in many pubs in her time, with friends, with comrades, with family and with lovers. Pubs are a place where they go, not just to drink, but to meet and talk and reacquaint with friends and neighbours, the very nature of community life.

It was nice to be here, she thought as she stared at the pictures, men and women, workers and soldiers from the barracks that gave the name to the nearby streets; all captured in that moment of communion, that shared experience that was the pub. Being sat here gave her a sense of connection to the past, and that was a good thing; the past was something that had been drummed into her, it was something she felt was important.

"What are you thinking about, Lolo?" Camila said tapping her on the head with her menu.

"History, actually," she told her, dragging her eyes away from a picture of a crowd of flat-capped men holding up dark pints outside the front door.

"What about it?" Camila asked looking vaguely interested, which was more than Lauren's ex used to do, rolling her eyes and groaning whenever she'd broached the subject.

"Nothing really, it was a big thing in the army and I guess I've been interested in it ever since. I was looking at these pictures and thinking about how some things never change. Boring stuff really," she said trying to change the subject and distract the girl from her geeky side, "have you chosen what you want to eat?"

"I wondered if you wanted to share that platter type thing with me," Camila replied looking at her strangely. "I don't want to eat so much that I'll have no room for the wonderful meal you're going to cook for me tonight."

"I wouldn't get your hopes up that much, Camz" she said standing and preparing to go and place their order. "I said I can cook, I never said that I'm a good cook."

"No, but you keep saying that you're better than me," the brunette said with a grin.

"That's not really difficult, is it, love?" she teased, "I had to teach you how to make a decent pot of tea for crying out loud."

"Go and order lunch, Lauren," Camila said pouting at her and pointing at the bar, "before I get really pissed at you."

She walked off with a smile.

o+o+o

"How is history a big thing in the army, babe?" Camila asked as she sat down, taking her hand across the table. "I always thought it was ultra-modern, you know constantly evolving and all 'be the best'. I wouldn't have thought there'd be much importance placed on the past."

"The past is a huge thing in the army, Camz" she told her, taking a sip of her diet coke and licking her dry lips. "Nearly everything you do is based on history; your unit, your uniform, your rank, everything really. When I was in basic training, I used to get questioned on the origins of the Military Police, and gods help you if you didn't know an answer."

As Camila sat and listened, she told her all the things she'd learned all those years ago. Our food came and went and still, she listened to her talking away, about the unit, the Army and her time in it. In fact, she was still flapping her jaw as they walked around the supermarket, grabbing what she needed to cook a proper Sunday roast as she talked.

It was only as they walked back towards the flat that she realized she'd been yapping for over an hour and she stopped abruptly, both talking and walking, halfway through a pretty boring story about her first ever military law exam.

"What's up, baby?" Camila asked, stopping herself and turning to look at her. She must have looked like a blabbing idiot standing there, jaw on the floor and shopping bags in hand.

"You've let me talk for ages," she said still a little in shock, "you must be bored shitless,"

"Not really," her Camila said with a smile that shone brighter than the summer sun. "It's been really interesting, actually."

"Fuck off," she replied disbelievingly.

"No, honestly, it is," Camila said with a tilt of the head that in and of itself questioned her sanity, "it's been really interesting to hear you talk about it."

She continued to stare at Camila, her face set in its best disbelieving pose as she grinned at her and shook her head.

"You really are an idiot, aren't you? Why can't you believe that you're actually quite interesting when you talk about things like that?"

"Uhm... maybe because I'm not interesting, at all," she said walking towards Camila and taking her hand, pulling her along behind her. "Especially when I'm talking about things like that,"

"Bullshit," Camila said as she quick-stepped up next to her, matching her pace, despite her smaller stature, "I think it's great when you talk about things. You don't do it enough."

"What do you mean?" she said as Camila let go of her fingers and linked her arm with hers, squeezing gently.

"You never really talk about yourself, you know," the brunette replied as they walked towards the flat she now insisted was theirs. "I mean, you talk, but you never really open up that much. Not like that, not without some kind of major prompt. I realized today, babe, I don't really know that much about you... I mean I know a lot of the bad stuff, but I don't really know the passion you have for things like history, or your old unit, or anything like that. We've never really talked much about the good things in your life, or the normal mundane things either."

"We must have," she said, racking her brain to think of anything they'd talked about that wasn't bad and finding nothing. "Have I really done nothing but talked about bad things? You must be sick of hearing about them."

"Not at all," Camila said graciously, "I know a lot about you, love, but I've not really seen this side of you, the engaged, passionate one. Not unless you're telling me off about putting us at risk, that is. It's been fun just listening to you, really interesting, actually."

"Fuck off," she said again; still thinking Camila was making fun of her.

"Lolo, baby," Camila said rounding on her in the middle of the street, "you are an interesting, fascinating person and I love listening to you talk about things that have meaning for you; good, bad or indifferent. Do you even know how electrifying you were this afternoon? That entire time in the pub, it was absolutely fascinating, no matter what you might think, and I really enjoyed listening to you, it was nice to learn a bit more about what you love."

"I thought I was boring you," she said continuing the walk home, "I still can't think why you would have been interested in it,"

"Because it's part of your life, mi amor," Camila replied linking their arms again, "and that makes it interesting, especially when you talk with such passion about it."

She fell into silence as they walked back towards the flat, enjoying the closeness but avoiding the subject again. She was actually quite pleased at Camila's words. No one had ever listened to her talk about things like that and been genuinely interested, no one had ever really listened to her at all.

One more thing to love her Camila for; one more thing to make Lauren feel good about being with her.

-o-o-o--

She was bustling around in the tiny kitchen, preparing the things they'd bought when she heard Camila's mobile ring in her bag, the familiar tune being muffled by the heavy leather of her designer bag.

She frowned as it continued to ring, washing her hands in the stainless steel sink; as she walked out into the small hallway, it stopped.

"Camz, your phone's just rung," she called, digging around in her bag and pulling out her phone. She didn't get a reply.

She poked her head around the door of the living room, the sounds of music coming from the TV. She was about to call out to her, but stopped, smiling fondly, as she realized the girl was fast asleep on the sofa; legs tucked up, arms folded, hair draped over the arm. For someone who had slept in, not drunk a jot of alcohol, and done more or less fuck all all day, Camila was doing a very good impression of a corpse.

She looked down at the phone, flicking the buttons until she got the missed calls list; feeling a little bit guilty as she did so, but wanting to see if it was worth waking her girl. As the caller list appeared on screen, she saw a single letter and put the phone in her pocket, switching off the television before she left the room. As she went back to the kitchen to prepare the rest of dinner, the phone started ringing again.

"Fuck's sake, Camila," Sofi's voice came out of the tiny speaker as clearly as if she was in the room with her, "have you been fucking your bodyguard again? Why didn't you answer the first time?"

"Because she's asleep, Miss Sofia," she said stiffly, answering her question carefully.

"Lauren, is that you?" Sofi replied, her voice faltering. "Why are you answering Camila's phone?"

"Because she's asleep, Miss Sofi," she repeated, cradling the phone as she started on dessert. "She's curled up on the sofa and I don't plan on waking her to answer her phone. Can I get her to call you back?"

"Well," the girl said, an unusual sound of trepidation in her voice, "it was you I wanted to speak to, actually. I wanted to say thank you again, now that I'm sober, that is; for last night, you know,"

"You're welcome, Sofi," she replied softening her tone, "its all part of the service."

"Not when we gatecrashed your date, it isn't. That was rude of us; and then I got a bit too drunk, which was silly, and then if it wasn't for you..."

"We had this discussion last night, Sofi, I told you it's fine."

"Well, I wanted to say thank you and have you know that I'm not just saying it because I'm drunk; I meant what I said last night, and I also meant it when I said that we can bury the hatchet. I'm sorry for being a bitch to you and Camila."

"That's fine, Sofi, I understand," she said, placing the chocolate she'd bought over a pan of boiling water to melt it, "you did what you thought was right and that's something I can relate to. All we both want is the best for her."

"Yeah, well, I know when I've been a bitch and I know when it's time to give it a rest; you've got my word, I won't play around anymore. Thanks again, Lauren; look after my sister, ok?"

"Always," she replied as the phone went abruptly dead;

"Always."

o+o+o

"Your sister called earlier," she said as she watched Camila tear apart the roast that had smelled so good when she took it out of the oven, "when you were asleep."

"Oh yeah?" Camila replied, chewing and swallowing her mouthful of food hastily, "what the fuck did she want?"

"She wanted me actually, wanted to say thank you again... while she was sober; promised to leave us alone again,"

"About fucking time," Camila said angrily, waving her fork around dangerously, "She needs to learn to butt the fuck out of my life,"

"She was nice last night, babe" she told her as she pushed her plate away, her stomach full. "I even got a hug from her when they let me go,"

"You were hugging my sister," Camila said with a smile on her lips, even though her fork was pointing at Lauren aggressively.

"She was hugging me," she corrected her, "not the other way around."

"Well, as long as that's all it was," the brunette said putting her fork to better use, stabbing her vegetables and shoveling them down. "This is fucking delicious, by the way."

She smiled as Camila changed the subject, accepting the compliment with good grace. "Wait until dessert. I'll have you screaming in your seat with that,"

"Really," Camila said smirking at her seductively. "I can't wait. Does it include whipped cream?"

"It doesn't," she said pouting, "but I have another cream for it."

"Does dessert involve you being naked?"

"Not this time, babe. Maybe next time, if you're lucky."

"I'm very lucky, love," Camila told her with a knowing smile, "very lucky indeed."

o+o+o

By the time Friday came along, she was positive that it was her who was the lucky one!

Despite another heavy work week, she and Camila agreed it had been a good one. Not only because there had been a drop off in the threats that had been arriving with monotonous regularity; but as promised, there had been a drop off in Sofi's sniping too. At least now, it was a bit harmless.

Like she said, it's amazing how different your life can become with the smallest and simplest change.

Alejandro, of course, was still leading her personal fan club; and once Sofi told him what has happened in the club, she was sure he would have given Lauren anything... but fuck knows what he would say if he knew what she was getting up to with her daughter when his back was turned.

The rest of their lazy Sunday was spent curled up on the couch watching movies; and most of the week had been spent in the same manner, neither of them really bothered to do anything special. In fact, apart from trips to the gym, the shops, and her couple of trips to Joanna's, they'd done sweet fuck all.

All in all, then, a very good week. Though any week without drama was a good one as far as she was concerned.

Friday afternoon, however, saw her driving to Cabello Mansion. Sinu demanding that her daughter come home for a visit, and Camila reminding her that they still had plans to visit her storage again to pick up some more of her stuff for the flat.

So, with Camila's last meeting done, and with Alejandro's blessing, they took the elevator down to the underground car park and climbed into the shiny new BMW X5 that had been delivered only that morning.

"This is nice," Camila said, shrugging her shoulders and settling into the plush leather seat.

"It is, right?" she replied flicking on the integrated sat-nav and punching in the postcode for their mansion. "It's not as nice as your Landy, but she's a lovely machine."

She started the engine and as she ran her hands over the steering wheel, she heard Camila snigger next to her, and saw the girl grinning out of the corner of her eye.

"What?" she said as she backed out of their space, her hand over the back of her seat.

"You're such a boy sometimes, you know that?" Camila said as she paused in the middle of the exit lane.

"Why, because I appreciate nice things?" she replied as Camila laughed at her. "Just look at this car, it's beautiful. She's like an automotive supermodel with a genius IQ. Gorgeous on the outside, and incredible on the inside, too"

"Oh, Lauren" Camila said, tears running down her cheeks as she laughed and laughed, "come on, stop cheating on me with this car and let's get going. I'd like to see my mom before it's dark."

She was distracted as they threaded out to the highway. She was totally enjoying 'cheating' on Camila with her shiny new toy, playing with the buttons as they sat in traffic. It was a nicer car than the one she'd trashed on that eventful first day and she was under strict orders to keep it that way.

As they drove past the offices and industrial sites of the city, cruise control doing the work of her right foot, she found that she had nothing to do but listen in as Camila talked to her mom on the phone.

"Sounds like it's going to be a good weekend, Mami. We're looking forward to it. Lauren and I will have to leave a little early on Sunday, remember, we're finally going to pick up some of her things from storage..."

Camila stopped speaking suddenly and looked across at her. She frowned at her as she listened to Sinu talking.

"That'll be great, Mami, thanks. Look, I'd better go before I lose my signal. I'll see you in a bit.... yes, Mami, I'll tell her. She says to drive carefully, Lauren," she added rolling her eyes dramatically.

As she sighed and stretched out in her seat, "She also says she wants another shooting lesson this weekend."

There was a tone to her voice that made Lauren glance over at her, a little warning bell that told her that they had a problem that needed fixing.

"Do you not want me to give her a lesson, babe?" she said softly, "I can always pass if you'd prefer,"

"No," Camila sighed, reaching across the cab and touching Lauren's forearm with her fingers. "It's fine, I just thought it might be nice to get out of the house tomorrow, go down to my summerhouse. I felt like doing some painting or something, and I wanted you to be with me, that's all."

"Did you get your muse back?" she said as Camila turned on the stereo and fiddled with her phone, the sounds of classical music filling the car.

"I think so, I'm not sure... I do have the desire to try, though, and I haven't felt like that for a while,"

"Well you should go for it then," she said encouragingly, "I can ask Richard or someone to swap duties for a while, and then I could pop along when I'm done"

"But..." Camila said, a slight whine of disappointment in her voice.

"But nothing, babe, you're not interested in watching your mother shoot and I want to keep you safe; though the security on site will be more than enough for you to be secure. Go and paint, do something you want to do, you don't need to hang around with me all the time."

"But I like hanging around with you, I like being with you," the brunette said, folding her arms and pouting.

"...and I like being with you, too," she replied, hoping to avert a fight. "I just want you to do something you enjoy, rather than something you don't, that's all."

"Maybe," Camila said still sulking, "we'll see."

"Besides, it's a good cover for us to be apart now and again... and it's not as if we have to sleep in separate rooms, still; as long as we make sure that the doors are locked,"

"There is that," Camila said, the faintest hint of a smile appearing on her face. "You know tonight, you'll be the first person to sleep with me at the house, in my bed, that is. That's kind of exciting."

"How so?" she asked, slightly pleased that she would be the first person in one part of Camila's life, at least.

"Well, I was wondering how quiet you could be, you know, make it two firsts in a row."

"Really?" she asked playing coy, "what makes you think I'd be in the mood after all this driving?"

"I've packed my red underwear," Camila replied ending that conversation right there; apart from a snigger as she flicked the cruise control button with a finger, increasing their speed, the giant straight six engine pulling them along at an increased rate.

"In a hurry to get there, Lolo?" Camila teased, "whatever happened to my cool as a cucumber CPO?"

"She's still here," she replied with an easy laugh, "she's just got a thing for red,"

"Well, as long as she doesn't kill us driving too fast, that's perfectly fine with me; but there's no real rush, you know," Camila said teasingly, "after all, we did leave very early."

"That's true," Lauren said, easing back on the cruise control with a smile, dropping them under the speed limit once again. they drove along in an amused silence for a few miles, Camila glancing at her, a knowingly naughty grin on her face; a grin that she just had to wipe away in the only way she knew how.

"Speaking of underwear," she said casually, not taking her eyes from the road, "I packed that set I bought in New York, and that black dress you like, along with my heels... just in case there was going to be a formal dinner again. Do you think that was the right thing to do?"

"Drive faster, Lauren" the brunette said quickly, ignoring her question. "Drive much, much faster."

o+o+o

The rest of the journey was uneventful; no more teasing, no terrorist scares, not even the presence of a police car to interrupt a pleasant drive. As they pulled up to the newly installed automatic gates and identified ourselves via the intercom, she knew that she was in love with this car.

"Camila, Lauren" Sinu called from the front steps holding out her arms as they walked up towards her. "Welcome back, good journey?"

"Not bad," Camila said hugging her mother warmly, "but then, I wasn't driving."

"And how are you, Lauren?" Sinu said turning to her. "Is my daughter treating you right, not causing you any trouble?"

"Only occasionally," she replied with a genuine smile at seeing her; "mostly it's been your other daughter who's been causing me problems,"

"So I hear," Sinu said pulling her into a hug as well, "looks like I owe you for saving my Sofi as well as my Camila,"

"Not really, it was nothing more than a lucky spot on my part."

"Well, thank you anyway; " Sinu continued unfazed at her modesty, "hopefully, it's taught the silly girl a lesson about watching her drinks, it's not like I haven't told her before to be careful."

"I think she's definitely learned that lesson now, Mami," Camila said as they walked into that huge tiled hallway. "I know last Saturday scared her more than a little. Papi weren't too impressed either. I think Sofi's wandering days are well and truly over."

"She should settle down and give me a couple of grandchildren," Sinu said ushering them both into the main room and sitting us down. "That would keep her out of mischief,"

Sinu eyed them both suddenly; an evil glint in her eye. She had a sudden feeling of trepidation at what was going to come, and seconds later, her fears were proven right.

"Well, maybe I should be asking you two the same question.... when am I getting grandchildren from you two?"

"Not any time soon, Mami," Camila replied with a nervous laugh, "I'd love a glass of wine," Camila said with a grin, "if you'd like to join me, Mami. They say it's rude to drink alone."

"Let's go then" Sinu said, "Lauren, what can I get you?"

"Nothing for me, thank you, Sinu" she replied, yawning. "I was actually considering going and putting my head down for an hour or so. I'm feeling a little tired after that drive."

"You ok, babe?" Camila asked suddenly looking concerned. "It's not like you to get tired after a journey like that, are you not feeling well?"

"I'm fine," she replied reassuringly, "it's just that I haven't been getting a lot of quality sleep recently. I think it's catching up with me."

"The nightmares back again, Lauren?" Sinu asked, thankfully avoiding the obvious teasing comment.

"In part," she agreed, nodding away, her head feeling thick. "They're not as bad as they were a week or so ago, but they're still there."

"Are your sessions with Joanna not helping?" Sinu pressed, reminding her once again exactly where Camila got her tenaciousness from.

"They've been really useful," she reassured her, not wanting her to think that her gift of therapy had been a waste of time, or that she was ungrateful for it. "I had a bit of a setback, that's all; that coupled with a few other issues sort of put me back a bit."

"Ah..." the older Cabello replied, looking once again at Camila. She didn't need to ask if she knew what had happened. She knew that their relationship was such that Camila would have been on the phone to her mother the moment Lauren began pushing her away, and that she would have been the first person to know when they finally sorted their shit out.

"Anyway," she said quickly, "if you two don't mind, I'll leave you to catch up. I assume I'm in the same room as before?"

"You are, dear; do you want one of us to come and wake you?"

"I've got my phone," she replied waving her phone at them, "I'll set myself an alarm. Don't worry about me, you two enjoy yourselves."

She left the two of them alone, Sinu cracking open a bottle of wine from the chiller cabinet in their hidden bar; their bags were still where she'd left them, and with a little bit of effort, she carried them up to their rooms.

Sofi's old room was almost empty when she walked in, dropping the bags by the door. All the dolls and the girlie trappings from years gone by were nowhere to be seen. In their place were a few tasteful prints and very little else. With a shrug of her shoulders at the transformation, she walked over to the French windows and drew shut the heavy curtains, shrouding the room in darkness, a darkness that made her head relax almost instantly.

She knew she needed a nap. It was a lovely evening and she wanted to be able to enjoy it; and with the way her head was feeling, that wasn't going to happen. She lay down on the cold mattress and, for the first time since she woke up, allowed herself to relax. And for the first time in a long time, she was asleep within seconds.

o+o+o

She was woken, not by the loud chirping of her alarm, but by the soft stroking of her hair, her eyes opening to see a smiling face.

"Hey you," Camila said as Lauren yawned and stretched. "I wondered where you were, you'd been gone ages."

She blinked as she tried to get her head on straight and looked at her phone, its black screen jeering at her, chiding her for not setting up the alarm clock app she'd downloaded.

"How long have I been asleep?" she asked quickly, sitting up and almost causing Camila to fall off the bed.

"Not that long, babe, just over an hour. Mami thought I should come up and see if you were ok. We were a little worried when you didn't reappear after an hour."

"Must have forgotten to set my alarm," she said, stating the obvious.

"You must have been more tired than you let on, love. You sure you're not coming down with something?"

"I'm fine, Camz" she said pulling on her shirt, "I don't really get ill. I'm far too healthy for that. I was just a bit tired, that's all."

She looked at the time on her phone and suddenly had an idea, something that would help clear her head and make her feel a hell of a lot better.

"Camz, do I have time to take a swim?" she asked, pausing in her dressing.

"Time before what baby?"

"The dinner you told me I had to attend tonight," she said, looking for her swimsuit in her bag.

"Babe, that's not until eight tonight, you've got hours to play in the pool if you want to."

"Cool," she replied, stripping off her clothes under Camila's watchful gaze and slipping on her racing suit. "Are you going to get changed and join me?"

"You wish," Camila said shuddering, "I'll come down and keep you company if you want, but I'm fucked if I'm going into that water, it'll still be freezing."

"You mean you'll come down and perv," she corrected her, the way Camila was staring at her not escaping her notice.

"I can do that right here, love, and such a good perv it is, too. Got to love a woman in tight rubber,"

"It's not rubber, Camz," she said quickly, "that makes it sound far too kinky."

"Well, whatever it is, I still think its damn fine. I get to see that tattoo of yours, and it makes your ass look great, too"

"Well as long as it meets your approval," she said, pulling on a robe to Camila's obvious disgust."

"Oh it does, Lolo, it really, really does."

o+o+o

Her dip in the Cabello's outdoor pool gave her exactly what she needed, what she knew she had needed for a number of days, a genuine chance to think. As she powered through length after length, she felt the tension that she'd been carrying for weeks start to slip away; as she swam, she had the time to think, to reshape her thoughts, to center myself once more.

She walked back into her bedroom after a nice swim and a long hot shower, feeling like a different person to the one that arrived, once again wondering at how it was the small and simple things that made a difference. She'd needed that swim and she'd needed that shower and, she realized almost instantly, she needed that smile from the pretty girl in the sculpted sun dress sitting on her bed.

"Hey you," Camila said standing and giving her a twirl, "like it?"

"Looks good," she said as Camila sat down again, "please don't tell me you expect me to wear something like that,"

"As much as I'd like to see that, baby," Camila said grinning, "no I don't. Wear what you're comfortable with, though I know Mami will frown on jeans and a shirt."

"Can I wear a hoodie?" she teased, watching with glee as the brunette scowled at her. "Ok, I guess not... smart pants and shirt?"

"Probably the best plan," Camila said nodding and standing. "Better hurry, though, she wants you to meet our guests."

"Oh fuck, who's here?... anyone important?"

"You could say that baby, but I wouldn't worry. I'm sure you'll handle them with your usual skill."

There wasn't much she could add to that, so she concentrated on quickly drying herself and then grabbed her smart clothes from her travelling case; pulling on underwear and clothes as fast as she could.

"You're looking nice," Camila told her as she sat her down in a chair, running her brush through her hair as she waited for the straighteners to warm up. "That top really suits you."

"You think everything suits me," she said as she leaned into her rhythmic brushing.

"Not everything, babe," Camila corrected, "some of that gym gear of yours is really disgusting,"

"Well, that's not supposed to look good, babe," she told her, suppressing a smirk, "it's supposed to be practical."

"Well, if I had my way, we would burn them, love. I wish you wouldn't wear it around the flat so much."

"What should I wear then?" she replied as Camila pulled her hair out and ran the hot tongs down it.

"You know what I'd like to see you in," the brunette whispered, her mouth close to Lauren's ear, "absolutely nothing."

"That's not very practical," she laughed as Camila continued to work on her hair.

"No, but it would be good for me," Camila replied laughing, too. "Now will you keep still before you make me burn your ears or something? Let's get you ready so we can go and enjoy ourselves; or at least I can, while you're on duty, Sergeant Jauregui, ma'am,"

They chuckled and teased their way through saving her ass and getting her ready in time for eight, fixing her hair and makeup in record time. Ten minutes later, she was done and ready to escort Camila down to her party with time to spare, saved by the straighteners. She's sure she'd never have been ready without them, or Camila.

-o-o-o-

The evening went well, good food and good company making for a relaxing party. She was a little confused by Sinu's choice of guests. Basically the family members, their CPOs, Dinah and Normani and some of the off-duty house team. When she raised this with Dinah, she told her that Sinu had wanted to put together a 'thank you' meal for everyone; and that she had thought it would be a good idea.

The food was as good as ever, despite it being cooked over charcoal by the family chef. Interestingly, the chef this evening was not the fat greasy man that their conversations about "chef" had given her images of, but an attractive blonde; an attractive blonde who was not only friendly, but more than happy to share her knowledge. Once the troops had been fed, Lauren had spent a few minutes chatting with her about the meals she'd had at the house, and getting some advice for the next time she cooked Camila a meal.

It was long after midnight when the party finally broke up, everyone too drunk or too tired to continue.

"Time for bed," Sinu said, slurring her words, slightly the worse for drink. "I'll leave you youngsters to your partying."

"I think you might have the right idea, Mami" a tired looking, but totally sober Camila said yawning loudly, "breakfast at the usual time tomorrow?"

"Of course, Mija," Sinu said kissing Camila goodnight, "breakfast at nine in the dining room. I'll see you all there, good night all."

She glanced at Camila, then at her mother and back again, getting a knowing nod in return. As Sinu made her way unsteadily out of the door, they said their goodnights to the others and went to follow her as she swayed her way towards the stairs.

"Let me help you there, Sinu," she said, taking her arm and steadying her as she took her first step, and nearly fell backwards.

"Thank you girls," Sinu said grinning as Camila took her other arm. "I appear to be a little tipsy again. It seems you're both a bad influence on me."

"We're both sober, Mami" Camila replied, "you can't blame us this time."

"I think it's Dinah," Lauren said as Sinu swayed dangerously as they navigated the turn of the stair. "She's a bad influence when it comes to you and alcohol, Sinu."

"You might be right," Sinu admitted, making them both laugh as she slurred her declaration. "You're both good girls to look after me like this... again."

"All part of the service, Mami," Camila said as she opened a door at the end of the hallway that Lauren assumed was Sinu's room.

"Thank you, Mija. I can take it from here," the older woman said with a smile; reaching out to stroke her daughter's face affectionately. "No need to put your old Mami to bed tonight."

"I didn't last time, Mami. It was Lauren, remember?"

"That's right. Well, no need for that tonight. I may be a bit unsteady on the old legs, but I'm capable of putting myself to bed tonight... which is where you two should be as well. I believe I've booked your girlfriend for a shooting lesson tomorrow, Camila and I'd like to have her awake for it,"

"Discretely, Mami" Camila chided, "walls have ears, remember?"

"Good point," Sinu asserted nodding wildly. She winked at Lauren as she placed her finger onto her lips, "shhhhhh..."

"Goodnight, Sinu" Lauren said firmly, stepping back to neatly avoid the hug.

"Goodnight, Lauren, dear. Sleep well."

"'Night, Mami" Camila said hugging her and kissing her on the cheek. "I'll see you at breakfast."

"Goodnight, cariño," Sinu said holding Camila tightly. She whispered something into Camila's ear, making the girl laugh before stepping into her room and closing the door. Camila winced as a loud thump rang out from inside, followed by a cry of "I'm ok!"

"Maybe we should have put her to bed," Lauren said looking concernedly at the door.

"She'll be fine, Lolo," Camila replied holding out her hand, "don't fuss, babe. The only Cabello you need to put to bed tonight, love, is me... coming?"

"Sounds like a plan," she said taking Camila's hand and walking back down the hallway towards their rooms. "What was so funny by the way?"

"What do you mean?" Camila asked as they walked into her room, closing and locking the door behind them, leaning her suitcase up against it for good measure; all her security tricks coming into play.

"Your mom said something to you, it made you laugh... I wondered what she said, that's all."

"Maybe it was a secret," Camila teased, wrapping her arms around her, snuggling into her chest.

"Oh, well, that's fine then," she replied, wrapping her arms around Camila's tiny waist.

"You're not even a little bit curious?" the brunette said leaning up to nip at her neck.

"Nope," she replied truthfully, running her hands up and down Camila's spine. "I don't need to know your secrets, babe"

"I don't have any secrets from you, Lolo. You know that,"

She leaned down to kiss Camila, twisting her hands in her hair gently, holding her in place so she couldn't escape her; not that Camila seemed to want to, her own hands gripping Lauren tightly as she threw herself into the kiss.

"Mami gave me a piece of advice," Camila said when they broke apart, both licking their lips.

"Really," she said as the brunette walked over to her bed and dragged back the blanket, tossing a pillow onto the floor.

"Yeah, she reminded me to rumple both of the beds this time," Camila explained with a grin, "just in case."

"Ah!" she replied laughing at the memory. "Good thought!"

It was more than a good thought, though. That she knew for certain. Sinu's supposedly innocent comment about their little faux pas in New York signaling a lot more to her daughter.

"Yeah, so now that's done... shall we?"

Camila stretched out an arm towards her, almost shyly, her hand trembling ever so slightly. Lauren understood instinctively the nerves that had crept up on the girl. This was a big step in her life, the first time she'd had a partner, a lover in her bed; and not only that, but this time, she'd had a parent blessing for it.

Confidently, she took her hand, pulling it to her lips and kissing her knuckles; watching her smile as she did so. Within seconds, Camila had thrown herself at her, lips meeting in an almost painful crush of mutual need. As Camila's arms wrapped around her neck, she placed her hands firmly on her butt, lifting slightly.

Camila needed no further encouragement, hauling on Lauren as she lifted her legs, wrapping them around her waist as she lifted her up. Their lips and tongues still dueling, she carried her into the sanctity of her bedroom; pausing only to kick the door closed behind her, she pulled back the blanket and gently laid her on the cold, white sheets.

"Lolo?" Camila started to say as she pulled at Lauren's shirt, dragging it out of the pants she'd already undone, her skillful fingers now turning to the buttons of her shirt.

"Uh huh," she grunted as she slipped down the straps of Camila's dress and kissed her way down her chest, her hands reaching around to unzip her, finally finding the tab of the slider and easing it down, pulling the sculpted front away, allowing her access to the treasures within.

"Nothing," Camila said breathlessly as she ran her tongue over her erect nipple, her hands now pulling at her insistently.

"No?" she said, removing her mouth for a second, blowing gently on the saliva-covered skin, watching with fascination as it quivered and puckered under the cold air. "You were going to say something, love. Finish your thought,"

She slipped a hand under Camila's dress as she enveloped her nipple once again, her fingers tracking up the woman's thigh, her breath coming in bursts as she trailed it lazily higher and higher.

"No thoughts," Camila stammered finally as she released her, slipping her willing body out of the dress, pulling her underwear off. "You take them away every time you do that,"

"Do what?" she asked, shedding her own clothes, feeling Camila's dark eyes burn into her as she stripped naked and lowered herself back down onto her warm body, her arms and legs wrapping around her instantly.

"You know what," the brunette said as Lauren pulled the blanket over them, covering them from the chill early morning air. "Every time you touch me like that, every time you kiss me, you just empty my mind... every, single, time."

Camila's voice paused, and then tailed off completely as she kissed her way from her neck to her nipple, from her nipple to her navel and beyond.

If it was true that she emptied her head of thoughts, there was one thing she knew was left in there, one thing that Camila seemed to hold onto when everything else escaped her. As she made love to her for the first time in her room, in her bed, as she brought her to orgasm with a tender touch and a tiring tongue, there was only one thing left in her girl's mind.

As Camila screamed her name into the pillow she had pulled urgently over her face, they finally christened her room, finally made it an adult place to be... finally made it hers.

"Fuck, you're incredible," Camila said with a deep sigh as Lauren kissed her way back up her body, rolling her onto her side so she could snuggle in behind her, "absolutely incredible."

"You think so?" she asked, kissing the nape of her neck tenderly.

"Mi amor, I know so."

She grinned as she heard the tiredness creeping into her voice, a sure sign of a satisfied Camila.

"Go to sleep, Camz," she said, kissing her once more and feeling the girl relax against her.

"Yes, Sarge... love you, Sarge"

"Love you too, mi amor. Sleep well,"

She didn't get a reply, not a spoken one, anyway. Camila's soft breathing the only response she needed. She pulled the cover over them again, tucking it around them and snuggling in once more.

"I love you," she muttered once more, kissing Camila's shoulder and holding her tight. She closed her eyes and, hoping for a peaceful night, gave herself to sleep.

-----------------

Hope these update will see you through the rest of the week guys.. 

Again, thanks so much for the read, votes and comments.. it's sooo much appreciated.

I'll be posting the next set of updates soon..

See you in a few.. Stay safe, kids. 😘😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 6.5K 24
At a dinner, succesful Romance writer Camila Cabello, meets the charming Lauren Jauregui. Lauren is the owner of a lawyer company and vineyard in Ita...
461K 11.9K 54
Hi! My name is (yn)(yln)! I'm a fifteen year old who is apart of an exchange student program through my highschool, (ys). I'm visiting a girl my age...
773K 30.5K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
459K 12.6K 25
it's psychological warfare.