RIVER→ Sodapop Curtis

By brokenpausebutton

❝tales of an endless heart, cursed is the fool who's willing. can't change the way we are, one kiss away from... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023

013

9.4K 280 363
By brokenpausebutton

[as you can see by the GIF above of Dakota, this chapter is going to be pretty intense.]

"tales of an endless heart, cursed is the fool who's willing."

 →←

Journal Entry #530

you want the company of someone so much. yet, you're used to being alone. so when someone is finally a constant in your life, you push them away.

→←

"Mickey Mouse? Of course you would, Two-Bit." I chuckled as he waltzed up in a Mickey Mouse costume, the gang not too far behind him.

He did a once-over of my costume and shot me a dissaproving look. "Really? You're dressed as Batgirl? Typical."

I shook my head and started chuckling as the rest of the gang came towards us. Soda was with Sandy and they both were dressed as Superman and Superwoman.

Although, I don't think Sandy is much of a Superwoman.

"Batgirl, eh? You're our enemy." Soda joked, shooting me a warm smile.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry, I can't hear you. The only words I heard come out of your mouth were, Batman is better than Superman."

He started laughing and Sandy just stood there, giving me that, why are you talking to my boyfriend look.

"Well, welcome to Randy's annual Halloween party! Make it as memorable as possible."

Two-Bit laughed. "Oh trust me, I will."

Once we got inside, the only thing you could hear was the Monster Mash blasting through the radio and a bunch of teenagers in costumes screaming, making memories.

I walked over towards Randy and shot him a grin. "Banger party, as always."

He chuckled and took a sip of alcohol. "Aw, I'm flattered. Go have fun, Kota! Get drunk for once in your life."

I laughed. "Yeah, like we'll see that happen."

He shrugged. "It's Halloween. Anything can happen."

I went over to the punch bowl and poured me a cup of fruit punch, downing the thing in under one minute. I was extremely thirsty, I haven't had a drink of anything all day.

I poured myself another cup and started walking towards Ponyboy and Johnny. They shot me a smile and nodded their heads at me.

"How have you guys been doing?" I questioned, occasionally shooting a glance over at Soda and Sandy.

Pony shrugged. "We haven't been up to much. There's nothing to do in this boring town anyways."

I laughed while nodding my head in agreement. "You got that right. As soon as I'm of age, I'm fleeting this town and never looking back."

Pony raised his eyebrows. "What about your parents?"

I scoffed. "Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but they just set the bar too high for me. It's too much too handle. They're never home anyways, they'd probably never notice that I'm gone."

Ponyboy looked surprised, but he didn't say anything after that. As for Johnny, well, he was his old quiet self.

I patted Pony on the back and ruffled Johnny's hair before mustering up enough courage to walk towards Soda and Sandy.

Right when they turned towards me, Andrew popped out of nowhere and about tackled me.

"Andrew, what the hell?" I yelled.

He started laughing. "Sorry, Kota-bug. I just had to see the look on your face."

He turned towards Soda and shot him a grin. "Soda! Hey man, what's up?"

They both started talking, causing me to roll my eyes and simply just walk away. Since I had nobody to talk to, I went outside, needing a breath of fresh air.

It was chilly outside and this costume wasn't doing me justice. I shivered and contemplated on going back inside, but heard someone scream.

"Please! Let me go! Someone help!"

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion and ran towards the voice, my eyes going wide once I was right in front of the culprits.

Two guys had a knife to the girl's neck, glaring at me, as if they were daring me to make another move.

But, these weren't just any two guys.

No, they seemed familiar.

In fact, very familiar.

The type of familiar that made my stomach spin and twist in ways I didn't want it to.

And they, too, seemed to recognize me as well.

"Aren't you Lucas's twin sister?"

I was frozen and I couldn't move nor breathe. I was just stuck, my feet planted to the grass.

They both started chuckling, knowing that they had an advantage. "Say, how's about we kill you the exact same way? It would make sense, since you're twins after all."

I bit my lip and glanced around me, wondering whether I should shout for help, or make a run for it.

Looking at the two Greasers made my hatred for the East side rise once again, and I felt myself clenching my fists while muttering all the curse words in the book.

"Let her go, now." I spoke through clenched teeth.

They both looked at each other and let the girl go, watching as she ran far away from us as possible.

"Since we let her go, though, you know what that means." The guy on the left spoke, his voice malicious.

I took a deep breath and bolted the opposite way, hearing their footsteps not too far behind mine. We were still in the wooded area, and I tried my best to hop over any branches and vines that were in sight, but it was too dark to see anything.

This is what I get for being a good person.

I tripped over a huge tree branch and shrieked in pain as I fell to the ground. I felt my face get scratched by another branch and my ankle was throbbing.

A surge of pain shot through my leg, making me bite my lip to stop myself from screaming.

I didn't know where the two guys were, but I had a feeling they were close enough to hear me scream for any kind of help.

So, I laid my head on the dirty ground and laid in agony, praying someone would find me before the two guys do.

→←

"I can't believe this happened! What the hell were you thinking, throwing a party like that?" I could hear my mom's scolding even in my sleep, making me want to smack her.

I had a massive migraine.

I slowly cracked my eyes open, thankful that the blinds in the hospital room were closed. My parents saw me and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God you're alive!"

They went out to speak with the doctor, leaving me in the room with the gang, Randy, and Andrew.

I groaned. "Oh no, did my parents trash talk you guys?"

They shot me uneasy stares and started chuckling, making me cover my face with my hands in embarrassment.

"What the hell happened? We went out searching for you and found you passed out in the woods, scratches and bruises all over you. Not to mention, your ankle and leg is extremely swollen." Andrew explained, shooting me a worried look.

I told them what happened and their eyes went wide. Andrew's whole face went as white as a ghost. "Y-you mean?"

I nodded and he quickly sat down in the chair, looking like he was about to throw up.

Soda put his hand on top of mine, his eyes showing a gleam of concern. "I'm just glad you're okay."

I shot him a small smile. He's glad I'm alive.

→←

this chapter was very interesting to write.

there may have been foreshadows throughout the chapter also *wink wink*

have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 78 22
SHOT IN THE DARK (literally) My life was completely flipped upside down and why you might ask. Because I made the stupid decision to fall in love. I...
62K 760 33
They are just friends... that have some benefits. Well that's the problem, they are friends with benefits. They never wanted to fall in love... it ju...
8.2K 279 30
Having a curse that was passed down to me. The curse that just won't go away. The curse that ruined my entire life. [COMPLETED]
623 105 23
" don't fall for me" " Why?" " because it would be deadly" if you haven't read the first part it is on mfantozzi my other account that was unfortunet...