Our Little Secret

By irmagray-

Meet Sarah Reed, a seventeen year-old girl without a care in the world. Her life is what people would call av... More

Hello :)
Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Author's Note
Editing
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 7

8.5K 234 55
By irmagray-

Sarah

"Honey wake up." A voice says softly, and I feel someone shake my shoulder. "Sweetheart."

"No." I mumble and turn away from it.

"Sarah, get up now, I am driving you to school in a little more than an hour." The voice says a bit harsher. Reluctantly I open my eyes.

School.

Great.

"What time is it?" I yawn and sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"It's half past six." Mum answers and I groan. I haven't been up this early all summer. "Come on miss grumpy-pants, time to get up." She says and then exits my room.

Tiredly I fall back in my bed.

"Don't even think about going back to sleep!" Mum's stern voice warns me from outside my room and I groan again. Unwillingly, I get up and head to the bathroom without looking where I'm going. Without realizing it, I bump into someone, thinking that it's mum I mumble sorry and keep on walking. I don't get far before I am dragged back into that someone's arms.

"Good morning, beautiful." Jack whispers in my ear and I shiver.

"Morning, Jack." I yawn and let myself enjoy the feeling of having him this close. Being too tired to actually try and fight. Heavily I lean my head against his chest.

"Tired, are we?"

"Mhm." I mumble and close my eyes, enjoying the feeling of having Jack's arms around me, I feel... comforted, protected and safe. Not that anyone will ever know about that.

"Are you sick?" I ask him.

"What?" Jack chuckles and nuzzles my hair.

I smile tiredly. "Are you sick?"

"No, why should I be?"

"Because you are all hugging and sweet again, haven't seen that for a while." I tell him and turn around to look at him. Jack flashes a gorgeous, model smile at me.

"That is because you are irresistible looking like this," he answers me, and I frown.

"Looking like what?"

"All tired and messy, it is quite... hot," he says, and his brown eyes become dark. I feel my mouth getting dry.

"Hot? At six o'clock in the morning?" I say doubtfully and Jack nods, his gaze never leaving mine.

"You're definitely sick." I tell him and laugh. Jack smiles a little bit and then pulls me close again.

"I just gave you a compliment, Reed," he says, his lips not far from mine. I stare at them for a second. They have a beautiful shape and look incredibly soft.

"Thank you." I blink at him and he smirks.

"You're welcome," he says and comes even closer, pushing me against the wall. Lifting his hands so that I am trapped. "Tell me something... Why didn't you want me to kiss you?"

"W-what?" I stutter, once again looking at his lips.

"At the party, why didn't you want me to kiss you?" He repeats, incredibly close to me. Starting to feel nervous I swallow a couple of times.

"Because we are friends." I answer him.

"We could be more," he says, and his lips are inches from mine. I can't move, it is as if I am paralyzed. Spellbound by Jack Davis.

"What?" I breathe, feeling puzzled. "Are you joking, Jack?"

"Does it look like I am joking?"

"I don't know, about a week ago I was nothing special and now you want me to be more." I frown at him.

"Yeah, well I thought about it and maybe you are special after all." This statement makes me blush. Me being special to a guy like Jack Davis? I don't think so.

"I'm not a fool Jack. I know this is your way of getting into my panties."

"And why would I want to do that?"

"I don't know. So, you can brag about shagging one of the good girls to your friends? What do I know? All I know is that a guy like you don't want a girl like me." I tell him and try to break free, for real this time. I nearly make it, but Jack is stronger, and I can't make a move on him. That doesn't mean that I don't try though.

"You're wrong," he says determined and holds me back. His hands are pressing down on my shoulders. "I'm actually very interested in you." He purrs and is once again super close. Leaning forward he kisses me from my cheek down to the corner of my mouth and I shiver. His lips are just as soft as ever and having them against my skin sends butterflies to my stomach. Reluctantly I turn my head away.

"Jack, don't." I whisper.

"Why not?"

"Because you don't want this." I tell him.

"Yes, I do, Sarah," he snaps.

"Well, I don't." I tell him, and he gives me a puzzled look, which turns to anger.

"Right," he says cold and lets me go. Without hesitation, I almost run for the bathroom. Locking myself in I stare at the mirror, my hair is a mess and my cheeks are burning.

What in the world just happened?

There's an awkward silence at the breakfast table between Jack and me.

His dark hair is a complete mess, just like mine was twenty minutes ago, but I don't know if his is styled that way or not. Either way, it fits him, and he looks his usual hot self. His dark brown eyes are staring boringly at his glass of milk, not meeting mine.

I want to start a conversation, but what could I possibly say? Sorry that I rejected you? Remembering his lips inches away from my mouth makes me shiver and I do want them on my lips, so badly. It won't ever happen though.

I'm not foolish enough to actually believe that Jack is interested in me. I am pretty sure about what I said before about him wanting to get into my panties and then tell everyone about it. Just to make me look stupid. It wouldn't surprise me one bit and therefore I won't fall for his little facade.

Finishing our breakfast, we make ourselves ready and then head out to the car, while mum locks the house. Since it is the first day she agreed on driving us, which I am very thankful for. The car ride is silent, I'm in the back beside Jack who is staring unhappily out the window.

Is he doing that because of me or because of school?

I haven't seen Jack hang out with his friends lately. They were at the party though, I remember that much. Actually, they seemed to have some smug expression on their faces almost the entire night, which makes me wonder if they were hiding something. It made me both curious and a little bit scared since I am living under the same roof as Jack. If his friends are up to something, then he's probably in on it with them.

Why couldn't Jack just be my friend? Why did he have to make things so complicated?

We decided to meet up with mum at the parking lot after school, so she could pick us up. My first class was math and it was horrible if there is one thing I suck at it is math. Yet, I decided to pick one of the difficult classes, which makes me an idiot.

After that I had physics, now you might wonder why I picked that lesson. I do that too sometimes, but it's good to have studied that subject and therefore I chose it.

The last class before lunch was French and nothing worth knowing happened. What is worth knowing is that ever since I put my foot into the school building, other students have constantly bothered me. People I don't even know have come up to me, everyone asking the same question. "Is it true that Jack Davis is living in your house?"

I swear to god if one more person asks me that question I will flip. I might as well walk around with a sign saying: yes, it's true, now stop bothering me.

At first, I was actually explaining why he had to live with us, but eventually, my answers became nothing but a strict yes. This is all so weird, I've gone from being almost unknown to the new number one person to talk to in just some hours. How has the rumor been able to spread that fast?

It is finally time for lunch and I am starving to death. In the canteen, Keira and I stand in the back of the queue for food.

"Eh, Sarah?" Keira says a bit awkwardly.

"Yeah?"

"Jack Davis is penetrating your back with his stare." She points out and nods discretely towards one of the tables on the far. Jack is sitting there surrounded by his friends. An unknown girl with cherry blonde hair is sitting in his lap, stroking through his hair and staring hungrily at him. Keira is right, Jack is staring directly towards me with an unreadable look. Awkwardly, I smile and wave at him, trying to be nice. In return, he just lifts his eyebrows nonchalantly and then turns back to his friends. Some of them saw what happened and laugh. Flushing, I turn away from him.

Douchebag.

We get our food and sit down at a table, unlucky for me I have Jack in sight. The cherry blonde girl is now sitting with her tongue down his throat. With a sting of jealousy, I turn my attention back to Keira, who is looking curiously at me.

"Did you say something?" I ask her and smile.

"Yes, I did, thanks for listening." She snaps with fake irritation and I raise a brow to make her say it again.

"I was saying that I really hope we get Mr. Ferguson in history, I will go nuts if we have Ms. Lane another year." She repeats, and I mumble in agreement, barely even listening. I am trying as hard as I can not to stare at Jack sharing his saliva with that girl. It's ridiculous really, I was the one that turned him down, not the other way around.

"Sarah!" Keira snaps at me and I flinch.

"What?" I ask with a puzzled look.

"You aren't listening! Seriously, Sarah, what is the matter with you?" Keira asks angrily.

"Nothing." I mutter.

"Oh yeah? Because you really seem bothered by something." Keira says eyeing me close.

"It's nothing, Keira." I sigh and glance hastily at Jack. Keira registers this and follows my gaze when she sees what I am looking at her head snaps back.

"You have got to be kidding me?" She hisses leaning across the table.

"What?" I ask innocently, acting unaware if the situation.

"Please, please, tell me that you aren't bothered by Davis having his tongue down some random girl's throat?"

"I am not!"

"Why have you been glancing his way since we sat down then?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." I deny with a small, insecure laugh.

"Don't play so innocent. You have been eyeballing him the entire time!"

"No, I haven't! Now could you shut up? Everyone can hear you!" I hiss, leaning forward on the table.

"Promise me that you aren't interested in him."

"Of course not!" I flush and sit back rather awkwardly. Keira gives me a doubtful look.

"I-m not interested in him, Keira, now please just let it go." I say thorough gritted teeth. Keira shrugs and then turn back to her food. I do the same and we finish our meals in silence.

Our fourth class is history with Mr. Ferguson, much to Keira's happiness. I want to be as happy as her because Mr. Ferguson really is a great teacher, but I can't.

The reason?

I share the class with Jack.

Being late, as usual, he enters the classroom with his friend and I resist the urge to let out a groan. When Jack sees that we share the same class, he gives me a wicked grin. I try my best to ignore him. He's not the only one that can be nonchalant.

Mr. Ferguson starts talking about what we shall study this year, which are the great wars of the 20th century. The whole class groans loudly at this statement because it indirectly means we are going to study World War II.

"Oh, come on! Not WW2 again!" A guy complains and almost everyone agrees loudly.

"Yeah! We have already read that like a thousand times!" Some girl says, and even more, agreements follow.

"Can't we talk about something new?"

"This is a history class, Ms. Keen, we aren't to discuss recent events." Mr. Ferguson says sarcastically, and some people laugh.

"Do not dread my dear students! I promise that we won't study the usual thing about Hitler and his companions." Mr. Ferguson continues, and the class falls silent. "This year you will choose more freely about WW2 and it is quite possible that we will go on a historical road trip together with the other history class," he says eagerly and we all become a bit more interested.

"What do you mean with a road trip?"

"What I mean is that we will travel and see different museums and maybe even talk to people that were victims in the Holocaust if we are lucky." Mr. Ferguson says, and I almost jump with excitement. I can feel that Keira is just as eager about this and we grin mischievously at each other.

"How will we travel?"

"By bus." He answers and the whole class burst out in eager discussion.

"Ey Drew! We are bus-buddies, right?" Someone screams across the room.

A couple of girls giggle and look in Jack's direction, but he barely notices. I turn and start chatting with Keira. This was something to look forward to.

"Silence! May I remind you that it's not yet decided whether or not we are going?" Mr. Ferguson says severely, but smiles.

"For how long will this trip be?" Keira asks raising a hand.

"We don't know yet, but I would guess around four or five days." Mr. Ferguson answers and the buzzing starts again.

"Alright people, be quiet! Otherwise, I will make sure that there won't be a trip at all," he threatens, and we shut up immediately.

I exit happily from the history class and head towards my next: science.

This class I share with Sam and my happy mood stay with me for the entire lesson. It's completely unnecessary as every first lesson of the semester usually is. Sam and I sit through the class chatting discretely and catch up with each other.

He's as tanned as a gingerbread man, figuring he has been away almost all summer. I thought I had a tan but compared to him I look like a polar bear. Being that tanned makes Sam's already naturally blonde hair even brighter and his light blue eyes shimmer with some super-happy, gay glow.

I wish I had that glow in my eyes, it would make me look ten times more awake. Usually, nowadays I just look like a zombie, no glow what so ever. Aside from his blue eyes and his blonde hair, Sam has a beautiful smile with perfect teeth in it. He's a perfect height for any girl, tall enough but not a giant. He's also a very good basketball player and therefore his body is very much well trained. He works out about five times a week and this gives him a body to die for. He's one of the hottest guys this school has, if not the hottest, and of course he is gay.

If he hadn't been gay, he would've been a douche like Jack. I am sure of it.

Looking like that gives a guy overconfidence, with all rights too since they just have to look at a girl to make her swoon. It really is unfair.

Luckily for me though, Sam is rooting for the other team, which makes it possible for me to have him as a really close friend. Unlike Keira, he has a much more excited perspective of Jack living with me.

"You lucky bastard! You are currently living with the hottest guy in school!" Sam whispers jealously to me and I roll my eyes at him.

"He's not that hot." I whisper back, and Sam gives me an "are-you-kidding-me" look.

"Okay, fine, maybe he is!" I admit and blush a bit. This makes Sam smile.

"What?" I ask puzzled.

"Do you like him, Sarah?" He asks grinning at me and I blush again.

"No! Of course not." I stutter.

"I think you do." He says, his grin growing wider. "You know there is nothing wrong with that," he continues, grabbing my hand. This behavior was so unlike Keira's, who just wants me to ensure her that I don't like Jack.

"I don't know." I say unhappily. "I like having him near me when he's nice, and Sam, he can be so sweet! Sometimes at least, but then all of sudden he's back to being a jerk again without me knowing what I've done wrong. It's making me crazy!" I blur all this out and have to stop to catch my breath.

"Honestly?"

"Yeah?"

"It sounds as if you like him," he says smiling. "My little girl has finally found herself a boy and it's none other than Jack Davis! I am so happy and SO jealous of you!" Sam squeals clapping his hands. "You have to promise me that you are careful around him though. That boy is bad news."

"Sam, this isn't good, and I don't like him! I think..."

"Why not?"

"Well, first of all, we're talking about Jack Davis. The player. He doesn't do girlfriends and I will not be some girl he just uses for sex-"

"No guy could ever use you, Sarah, you're too precious." Sam interrupts and pats my hand. I give him a little smile.

"Furthermore, a guy like him and a girl like me can't be together." I sigh.

"Why not?" Sam asks, and I give him a meaningful look. "Seriously, Sarah, why not?"

"Isn't that obvious? He's all... Partying, drinking, and living on the edge, failing school, messing around and well... he's a jerk. A guy like that would never fall for a girl like me, I'm too boring in his eyes."

"But it works the other way around? A girl like you can fall for a guy like him?" Sam asks doubtfully.

"A, I haven't fallen for him, and B, he can make any girl fall for him." I say, holding up two fingers.

"Every girl except you?" Sam fills in.

"Exactly!"

"That's a load of bullshit."

"Come again?"

"You can't fall for him, but he can make any girl interested in him, therefore also you. You aren't interested in him, but you like having him close? Now that doesn't make any sense. Besides who decides what kind of girl you are? After what I've heard you partied quite hard this summer, which makes this all-," he says waving his hand in a circle. "Complete and utter bullshit. So now I am asking you, as your closest friend, are you sure this isn't about you being practically un-kissed?" He asks, eyeing me close.

"S-Sam." I stutter blushing, looking around but no one heard.

"It is, isn't it?"

"No." I hiss quietly.

"Oh, Sarah." Sam sighs. "You're such a bad liar," he continues and then out of nowhere hugs me. I almost feel like crying, because Sam is right.

Partly the reason that I asked Jack not to kiss me is that I am a really bad kisser. I have barely ever even kissed someone. Never used my tongue, only a quick on the lips. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to intimate stuff. Jack isn't and if he finds out, he will laugh at me.

"Are you two done?" The teacher interrupts us, and Sam lets me go.

"Sorry." Sam shrugs and flashes a gorgeous smile. The teacher narrows her eyes but turns back to the board. See?Sam even makes the teachers swoon.

"Why do you have to be gay?" I whisper unhappily and lean against Sam, who laughs and puts his arm around me.

"Boys are much more interesting than girls," he whispers back.

"Yeah they are." I mumble and then turn back to the teacher.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 190K 44
When Charlotte agrees to fake date bad boy Mason to make her best friend and secret crush, Ben, jealous, she thinks it will be a simple arrangement...
2.4M 42.8K 49
"Please don't leave." he pleaded. His once arrogant, obnoxious, confident gaze looked so vulnerable, helpless and most of all like the young little b...
32.9K 2.2K 29
♡ Featured on Stories Undiscovered ♡ ♡ Featured on Teen Fiction ♡ "All it took was one smile, that damned smile, and I found myself falling in love w...
388K 9.4K 30
Rebecca Thomas is new in town. She is cute, sweet and shy and hates being the center of attention. Everything seems fine before she starts her new sc...