Fighting Love || Lucas Friar+...

Galing kay victoriataylor_

After not seeing Lucas for the entire Summer, Maya was finally starting to get over him but all it took was o... Higit pa

IMPORTANT A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 6

696 24 6
Galing kay victoriataylor_

Please leave a vote and comment while you read so I can see your reactions to stuff.

.

.

.

"Who did the Alex girl think you stole from Riley though?" Noah asked nervously looking up from his book from his position on the floor, while twirling his pen in his hands.

"Noah, that was three days ago, why are you still thinking about it?" Maya groans putting her pen down and looking over at him from the couch.

"I know, I know." he sighs. "But when she asked everyone looked stunned and it got really quiet and you've told me the story about the guy and whatever but you never told me who the guy was and everyone else seems to know, even those two guys who you only just met, and I already feel left out and-"

"Lucas." She interrupts his rambling.

"What?" He asks his eyebrows frowned in confusion.

"Lucas." she repeats. "The guy she thought I stole."

"So you're telling me," he pauses. "the guy who I was kept trying to figure out why he seemed to hate me, the one who I've been trying to get to not hate me, is you ex-boyfriend." he says and Maya nods slowly trying to figure out his feelings towards this. "Huh." he says leaning back on the chair behind him with a contemplative look on his face.

"Yup." She says turning her attention back to her homework while she waited for him to say something else.

It was quiet for a few seconds, only the sound of her pen moving along the paper but it was interrupted by Noah groaning. "I feel so stupid." he buries his face in his hands and shakes his head. "I mean it's so obvious." he continues shooting up from his position on the floor, spreading his arms at his side and throwing his head back. "That's why Riley always asks these condescending questions whenever you guys aren't around!" he starts pacing around the floor and rambling to himself about the things that should've made it 'so obvious'.

"Noah," Maya interrupts him, "babe, you gotta calm down." she says getting up and walking over to him.

"I know, I'm sorry, it's not a big deal, you just dated Lucas and he's always around and he could kill me if he wants to and I think he wants to!" he exclaims reaching up and grabbing a fistful of his hair in his hands and pulls slightly, "Have you seen his arms compared to mine? I have to start working out!"

"Okay, now you're just being ridiculous." she rolls her eyes and gently removes his hands from his hair.

He groans and throws himself back onto the couch in a starfish position. "I feel so stupid," he continues, sinking deeper into the cushions. "Everyone knew except for me. They probably all think I'm an idiot."

"Nobody thinks that." she kneels between his legs. "I knew I probably should've told you it was Lucas but-"

"No, no, it's fine. I don't care that you didn't give me names, the way you used to talk about him, I understand why you didn't tell me who he was." he says, reaching out to cup her cheeks. "It took you almost an entire month before you even talked about him and if it took you longer to say his name to me- although he has been back for a while now- then it's fine." he reassures her and she smiles up at him gently, reaching up to take his hand in hers and give it a light squeeze. "Now finish up your homework so we can go hang out with your friends and I can feel completely uncomfortable while Lucas attempts to use laser eyes on me." he says softly patting her cheek and motioning for her to move out of the way so that he could get back to his work.

*-*

"Maya, finally." Zay greets, pulling her into a hug as they walk into Farkle's 'cinema room'. "We were about to start without you guys." he says pulling her along with him to the rows of seats.

Everyone else was already there, Farkle and Smackle were spread out along the seats with a blanket thrown over them, Riley and Charlie were whispering to each other while they watched something on his phone, Avery, Alex and Tristan- who Maya didn't know would be here were sitting next to Riley and Charlie, Alex on her phone while Tristan and Avery were laughing loudly with one another and lastly her eyes landed on Lucas who was sat in a row by himself looking at her with a bucket of popcorn in his lap. He sent her a small wave before turning his attention to the blank screen.

"Paul start the movie!" Farkle yelled out and the lights in the room dimmed until it was dark enough. Zay moved to sit next to Lucas and Maya guides Noah to an empty row letting him go in before her.

The movie was a thrilling action that wasn't going to be in cinemas until next Friday but Farkle told his dad he wanted it and he got it.

When they were about an hour in Maya looked around and saw Smackle and Farkle making out and competing with them was Charlie and Riley. Alex was staring at them with a disgusted look on her face before she got up and moved down a couple seats. Avery and Tristan were watching the movie, Avery messily eating the popcorn and pushing Alex so she would move out of the way faster and Tristan whose arm was resting on the back of Avery's chair was smiled at him fondly before turning back to the screen. Two rows down, Zay was asleep and next to him Lucas was watching the movie while slowly sipping on his drink.

Maya turned her head to look at Noah who instead of watching the movie was looking in the direction of Zay and Lucas with squinted eyes. It didn't take a genius to figure out who his focus was on with the look on his face, almost as if he was trying to figure him out.

"Something wrong?" she asks turning to face him trying to speak over the heavy gunfire in the background but not loud enough to bring attention to them.

"Huh?" he asks turning to her with a startled expression on his face. She raises an eyebrow at him and nudges her head in the direction of Lucas and his eyes widen at her. "Oh, yeah. No, it's nothing." He shrugs.

"If you say so." she trails off turning her attention back to the screen.

"I was just wondering why anyone would do anything to lose you." He finally speaks up after a few minutes of watching the movie. "And why he isn't trying to win you back."

"He's trying." she says keeping her eyes on the movie but she could feel Noah tensing up at her revelation. "And failing."

"So he does want another chance with you?" he questions and she nods looking over at him.

"Yup." she says moving closer to him. "But I think I made it clear that there is nothing between us anymore and I have a boyfriend who I adore very much."

"You think?" he asks some of the tension disappearing at her words, moving closer to her and putting his hand on the arm rest between them.

"I don't know if his little cowboy mind understands everything I say." she shrugs and moves the drink from the arm rest so that she could lean over it to kiss him lightly. "Don't start stressing yourself about me and Lucas." she says when she pulls back. "There's nothing there, I'm with you now. Okay?" she assures him, reaching up to run her fingers through his hair.

"Okay."

*-*

"That was so awesome!" Avery exclaims for the hundredth time while he chewed on his pizza. They were now gathered in Farkle's room, the movie having finished a while ago.

"We know Aves, you only mentioned it one million times." Tristan replies to him, his voice full of fake irritation, taking a sip of his Sprite while shaking his head and smiling softly at the other boy.

"But it was so good!" He says again getting up close to Tristan's face and Tristan scrunches up his nose in disgust before pushing him away.

"It was not that good." Alex groans and Avery gasps loudly and puts a hand over his heart his face taking on a wounded expression.

"Alex please don't get him started." Tristan says to her while face palming himself and looking at the boy who looked as if he has something to prove.

"Too late!" Avery declares and goes into a rant as to why it was the best movie ever created and the phrase 'best movie' causes Zay to jump in and start on how The Notebook was the best movie which lead to a big debate between everyone on what the 'best movie' is and why. While Maya just sat back, amused smile on her face and pizza in her hand.

When Avery started to look genuinely offended as he shut his mouth and pouted, absolutely not seeing how anyone can ever think anything was better than what he though was the best Alex moved closer to comfort him but looked as if she'd rather be doing anything else and Tristan who was on his other side rests his hand on Avery's knee to show his support for his wounded friend.

Avery just nodded along to what she said as she whispered to him and stroked his hair assuring him that it was the best and to stop being a baby. Eventually he says he's fine and she lets go of him but Tristan doesn't remove his hand, if anything it looked like he was slowly moving it up Avery's thigh.

Avery didn't do anything about it though, just took a cushion off the couch and casually placed it on his lap.

"I'm going to leave." Alex says to Avery and Tristan about ten minutes later when everyone went back to their own conversations.

"What about the sleepover." Avery asks her as she got up.

"Got to babysit Mike tonight." she says leaning down to kiss his forehead and doing the same to Tristan whispering something into his ear while smirking causing the tips of his ears to tint pink before he slowly removed his hand that was stroking Avery's thigh. Alex announced to everyone else that she was going causing Riley to sit up from her previous position of her head on Charlie's lap.

"You're going so soon?" Riley pouted and Alex nodded telling her the same thing she told Avery. "Okay well call me when you get home!" Riley says getting up to hug her friend goodbye.

"Bye Alex." Charlie says followed by everyone else including Maya although when she said it Alex just gave her a hostile look before moving to the exit.

"Alrighty then." Maya says to Zay who was sitting next to her and he shakes his head at her before they both refocus on the conversation that was happening.

Maya happened to look over at Avery and Tristan again and noticed how they were trying their hardest to keep straight faces although Avery moved closer to Tristan, so close that their thighs were now touching and a few minutes after Tristan's hand returned to Avery's thigh now even higher than it previously was.

A few hours later when signs of tiredness started appearing everyone started claiming spots to sleep.

There were only two guest bedrooms available because the others were 'under renovation' and that's how Maya found out that Avery and Tristan were dating because while they were arguing on who would need a room and who could use the blow up beds, Avery said that he 'needs a bed so that him and his boyfriend could have some hot wild bed breaking sex before sleepy time and that they might pop the blow up mattress' and Tristan stood to the side shaking his head before pulling Avery closer to him and offering Noah and I the bedroom because there was 'absolutely no bed breaking sex happening here' at which Charlie happily supplied 'speak for yourself' before grabbing up Riley whose face was as red as a fire truck and running out the room.

Avery started protesting to Tristan's words though not loud enough for Maya to hear- she does think there was a mention of 'blue balls' though- but Tristan just ignored him and got up, pulling Avery with him-who continued to hold the cushion over his crotch- so that they could go set up the blow up bed.

Noah and Maya dismissed themselves and head down the long hall, heading to their room for the night.

.

.

.

.

I hoped you enjoyed the chapter. I think I actually like this one- because of Avery and Tristan tbh.

Noah knows Maya's ex was Lucas.

The last book there wasn't much group 'hang outs' because they were divided, Maya and Zay and Lucas and Riley and everyone else but now that they're 'friends' again the others would be around more( Riley, Farkle, Smackle) and I like Alex, Tristan and Avery so they're going to be around too.

If you're a silent reader let this be your awakening! Vote, leave some comments all that jazz!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

7K 318 22
Hope & Pray (Book 1) ➳ Maya is only sixteen. Ever since she was old enough to remember, she only remember being abused by her father. Her mother...
6.8K 300 17
1 year after the aftermath of what happened Lucas is coming back But things will be very different How will Maya react to him coming back Will she...
11.5K 119 51
Maya never knew she could love somebody. But how does she feel now?
71.4K 2.1K 32
Co-written by @dmgmwtips & @girlmeetsworlddaily on Instagram [COMPLETE] Cover creds to: moi (Leah!) A Lucaya/Laya Fanfic "Maya, can you move a little...