The Royal Woods

By CtoriaNoel

More

Prologe
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Important

Chapter Three

103 5 2
By CtoriaNoel

★★Warning, the first part of this chapter contains graphic content. If ypu don't want to read this please skip the entire section in the stars. Inside the stars is about Ranees father, and how he reacts to his sons disappearance. In no way am i condoning or agree with what he does, however this sheds some more light on the enviroment that Ranee grew up in, and as the story progress's these parts will play a greater role. I did my best to keep it at a PG 13 level and feel I have acomplished this. If you think it should be rated R please let me know along with why. I really do hope you read it. It will help later on in the book.★★

** The parts about Ranees father, or his past are also in italics**

An old man destroys his sons bedroom deep in the center of the city of Lucia. He had awoke that morning to find his son missing, furious with his servants he lashed them all even the children and ordered them tp search the city for his son. By nightfall no one had seen his son, so the father took to the boys room, looking for any sign as to where he might be. He wasn't concerned for the boys safety though, in fact when he found him the boy had best be dead. He was furious that his sole heir would just runaway. How could the child be so selfish?

★ Entering his servants quarters after coming up empty handed in the boys room, the man unleashed his anger and fury on them.

"Awake, all you useless piles of shit. My son must be found and brought back. Alive or Dead it does not matter, he has left my house and now is considered a traitor. Also send me all your sons, each hour that my on remains missing I will kill one of your boys. If he is not found by the time all the boys are dead, I will take your daughters. They will be raped, beaten, and tortured beyond recognition. I promise, I will not kill them, I will enjoy forcing you watch each day as they are battered and broken by your failures. And men, if you have not returned with my son by the end of the week your wives will join your daughters." the man laughed, as he heard his servants cries of anguish.

The man had no heart. He cared for little more then wealth and power but without an heir even that was meaningless. Deciding to further make a point he grabbed two young girls from their mothers arms. They were just old enough to bare his children. He tore off their clothes in front of everyone and threw them to the ground. He cared nothing for their pleasure as he forced himself on them, tearing and biting at their breasts he thrust himself deep within, thrusting harder and harder as they cried out in anguish. Both girls were virgins, and as the feel of their blood trickled warmly onto him as he took away the innocence they had left, he found himself becoming more and more arroused. This continued until both girls were left unconsious from blood loss, pain, and exhaustion. Ordering the girls be taken and put under watch until could be determined if they were pregnant he turned to the girls mothers to fulfill his last desire. He forced them to their knees as he thrust into their mouths until he finally had enough pleasure.

Laughing as he addressed his servants once last time, " Now, Now was that not fun. I really hope you enjoyed watching what is in store for your wives and daughters if my son is not found. And would you look at that an hour has passed, has my son returned home? No he hasn't, the first boy shall die." Again the room was filled with cries from anguished mothers being drowned out by his evil laughter as he grabbed a boy of only five or six and snapped his neck with his bare hands. Dropping the boy to the ground, he gave the child one last kick, before retreating to the dinnning hall for a snack. All the fun had made him hungry.★

Unaware of what happened because of his disappearance, Ranee woke up in the cave, after a peaceful nights sleep. It was the first night in as long as he could remember that he hadn't been plagued by nightmares. Stretching he took in a good look at his surrounding a small fire provided warmth, and light. His bed was woven of tree boughs and lined with animal skins, he noticed a slight glimmmer on the walls. Upon a closer look he found that the glimmer was gemstones, and the walls were covered in them. Rubies, Saphires, Emeralds, they all shone casting colorful shadows around his chambers. This was beautiful, pure uncontaminated nature. Finally he was home.

"Ranee, so good you are awake. Abwa wants to meet with us in the great hall. Hurry, hurry." Mis's sweet voice filled his ears inturupting his thoughts. He followed her closely watching as she fluttered through each corridor chattering uncontrollably about all the things they would see and do. He had to laugh to himself at the joy she found in having a human friend.

"Goodmorning dears, welcome. I know you are both anxious and excited about today, I have a lot to share with you. So take a seat, and we will eat breakfast together. " Naomi felt much better after a good nights rest but she still founf her self anxious. She knew that once Mis started learning she would never stop. Eventually She would have to let her leave the safety of this home and face the dangers of the world on her own. "Ranee, how did you sleep? Were you comfortable?"

"Well thank you, that was the best nights sleep I have had in many years. I hope that I do not disapoint you today." Ranee told her, now that he had got over his fear he saw that Naomi, was a kind granmotherlt figure. He still was aware however that she was feircely loyal and protective underneath, and now that he was on his way to becoming one of her own, that knowledge brought him great comfort.

"Abwa, after breakfast may I show Ranee the spring, oh and the waterfall, then the rabbits den? I will take Obi and Amisan with me, and I will promise no chasing after strange sounds. Please Abwa please." Mis was practically begging. Ranee had to hold in a fit of laughter, Mis was going the whole nine yards; batting her eyelashes, even getting down on her knees.

"Amisira the Second, get up off your knees this instant young lady. What have I told you? Young Ladies do not beg, it makes you appear weak, and learned. You are to carry yourself with dignity, honor, and pride. No matter what you are told you are not less then anyone." Naomi maintained her stern expression, lecturing Mis all the while trying to contain her laughter, "Now no thanks to your begging the answer to your question is yes, you may take Ranee to explore. Before you leave, these are my requirements:

One: Obi MUST go with you!!

Two: You will work on your tracking skills, and teach Ranee.

Three: You are back by lunch.

After lunch I want to meet with both of you. It is time you both learned more about Vanna, and what it was like before King Lucifer. Do you agree?" she asked of Mis more then Ranee, knowing that Mis was more likely to disobey then he was.

"Yes Abwa, I promise. I am sorry I begged I was just so excited to have someone to share my home with." Mis appeared shy and bashful for about two whole seconds, before she grabbed Ranees hand. " Ranee, Ranee come on we have so much to see and so little time. Obi is going to make us study as well. Lets Go!"

Everyone in the room laughed, Mis was a firecracker. She always meant well but her curiousity and energy level often led to her many misadventures. Watching her drag the boy off to find Obi, the Knights and her Abwa started to feel sorry for the boy. He didn't know what he was getting into.

Ranee soon found out that Obi was a slave driver. She drilled Mis and him at every track they crossed. 'What animal?' 'Is it fresh?' 'Was it a Knight?' 'Is this a threat?' He was impressing Obi though, he was a fast learner with a natural talent for tracking. Just when Obi would get her attention, Mis was off again, so much so that Ranee was losing his patience. He wanted to learn, and at the moment he could not speak to Obi on his own, Mis was his translator.

'Amisira!' Obi boomed in her mind.

'What Obi?' Mis herself was annoyed. She wanted to explore, and show Ranee her home. Not spend hours going over useless annoying tracks. She wasn't a hunter, and this was her home. To her learning to track things was pointless.

Softing her tone Obi spoke again, ' Young one, I know you hate tracking lessons and want to have fun. But your Abwa wants you to learn, and Ranee is enjoying the lesson. Remember he needs you so he can understand me. Can you help him with two more tracks, then we will go to the waterfall.'

'Alright, I just don't get why I have learn something I am never going to use. I will do it for you and Ranee though, since he does seem to like it.'

True to her word Obi only had them examine two more tracks After which they all weny to play in the warm water at the base of the falls.

While Ranee was learning and growing in the Black Woods things at his fathers estate kept getting worse for the mans servants.

★ A week had passed since his sons went missing. No longer caring of his well being he had him declared a traitor. Getting even the Kings Guard to search for him. With each day that passed the mans mood grew worse and worse. He had killed all the boys over the age of 5 by the end of the second day. After that he decided that torture was much more satisfying. The third day he had made an impression no one in his household would soon forget, he forced the parents to slit the throat of every male child under the age of 5, following which he issued a decree stating that from that day forward no male child born would be allowed to live unless it was fathered by him or one of his choice guards. Furthmore only five of his male servants would be left able to reproduce. Many of his servants died during or shortly after the horrorific castrations. In the eyes of the guards and his servants this man had proved himself to be the Devil in the flesh. Yet for the young girls he raped, beat, and impregnated he was their only hope. Each held the desire that they could produce a male heir, and live a life of ease, none knowing the fate of his wife, Ranees mother.★

"Did you have a fun morning?" Naomi asked when the children returned for lunch.

"Oh we did Abwa, we took Ranee to the falls and went for a swim. Obi made us work on tracking, which was boring. But Ranee was really, really good. Obi only had to show him the tracks once. He even knew what some of them where before he was told. I don't think either of us need tracking lessons anymore." Mis told her excitedly.

"What about you Ranee did you have fun? Would you like to continue to learn more about tracking? or as Mis says is that to boring a task for you? Naomi asked him, making a mental note to teach her grandaughter not to speak for others.

"I loved all of today Naomi. Even the tracking. It did come easy for me but there is so much I still need to learn. I would love to coninue if Obi doesn,t mind, and you or Mis would be my translator. I would love to learn to hunt, and fish. Maybe even defense if you would not mind teaching me those as well. I feel like I know so little about survival or living out here." Ranee answered. Pleasing Naomi with his response.

"I am so glad you enjoyed today. And we will gladly teach you all about survival. Mis needs to learn as well and maybe having a classmate will better help her focus." Naomi laughed earning her a glare from her granddaughter, "Now we have fresh fish, and wild strawberries for lunch lets eat."

"Abwa?" Mis asked shortly into the meal. "I want to learn of Vanna, The Whisperers, The Knights, The Fall. Where did they all go?"

"Mis, dear one, I have always known you would ask someday, and was planning on starting your lessons on Vanna today. For if Ranee wants to be one of his, he must know everything about who we are. I guess though now would be as good of a time as any to begin. Lets start with how we recieved the Knights, and the first Whisperers.

Long ago in ancient Vanna humans were begining to prosper. Their cities were expanding and soon alliances were being made. As the population grew and grew the animals started to fear for their homes, and children. They turned to the goddess Neptune, she entered the earth in the form of a Black Dragon and began destroying village after village. Fearing for their lives now the humans united together forming the Kingdom of Vanna.

The newly appointed King and Queen of Vanna gathered six warriors together and made the long journey to the cave Neptune called home. The party found Neptune fast asleep, and the warriors made their way to kill her. However the Queen had been entranced by her beauty and sent her thoughts to the great dragon.

'Oh great one, why has a creature such as your self taken to destroying our villages if you can please stop, I will not allow my warriors to hurt you.'

The Queen forced the six to stop while tears ran from her eyes. It saddened her to know such a majestic being was dying for he safety of her people. She was startled when the musical voice entered her mind.

'Child Queen, your tears not need be shed, I will leave your villages be if you stop the endless destruction of my land and children.'

'Your Land? Your Children?'

'Yes young one. I am Neptune goddess of the beasts. Your villages are destroying my children and their homes.'

'I promise Great One, that I will try. But how do we change, and still expand. My people are expanding and my population growing.'

'Do you trust these six warriors?'

'With my life'

'Then I will help you. I will give you a gift.'

'A gift'

'Yes a gift. You will be known as the Whisperers, and the beasts your Knights. From this day forward some of your people will be gifted with the ability to communicate with beasts. However not all beasts only their companion. Each year the solid Black Beasts will come to the castle to find their companion from the children under age 18 of all of Vanna. Together the Whisperers and the Black Knights will keep peace between human and beast.'

'How will we know?'

'Again I will help. I will be your companion.'

Infront of the party the Dragon morphed into a rare black phoenix.

'See I will acompany you back along with seven others.'

With that another Black Phoenix took a seat on her King, followed by a Black Tiger, a Black Rhino, a raven, a Wolf, a Bear, and a Horse. These were the very first Black Knights.

Each spring after that new Knights would gather in the castle waiting for their partners.

Children our connection with the Knights is important. Together we balance the land. Think about what I told you. Tomorrow we will learn more." Naomi told them getting up to leave.

Mis and Ranee stared at the empty chair for a while wondering and thinking before they too took leave and headed to their chambers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 86 26