The Dark Times Will Pass - B...

By NightElflady

** 1ST PLACE WINNER in THE ANGEL AWARDS 2017, FANFICTION CATEGORY** Illidan picked Sarah up, cradling her to... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Cast
PROLOGUE - GPWRRL
1. HOME FROM HOME
2. OLD FRIENDS
3. SANCTUARY
4. HAUNTED HEART
5. LOVE OR HATE
6. RESILIENCE
7. EMBRACING THE LIGHT
8. CHOICES
9. SHATTRATH
10. NAARU
11. WE ARE PREPARED
12. FOR AZEROTH!
13. PROPHECY
14. THE CRUSADE BEGINS
15. PIOUS MEN IN IVORY TOWERS
16. ENTRY TO THE VAULT
17. RESCUE
18. THE TWISTING NETHER
19. REBORN
20. THE RECKONING
21. A SMALL REPRIEVE
23. RISE OF THE TITANS
24. FAREWELLS
EPILOGUE

22. BROTHERS IN ARMS

505 33 29
By NightElflady

The last of the Pillars had been moved into position and now all five sections would finally corroborate the might of the once powerful Pantheon. They had been reconstructed to the north of the Temple on the outskirts of its grounds. Combined as they were, they looked almost like fingers reaching to the sky in a silent plea. Absolute in their cosmic appearance, it was hard to perceive just how they were going to close the portal that was the Tomb of Sargeras.

Suramar had still maintained the vastness of its beauty even in areas ravaged by demonic assaults. Its calming hues of purple, lilac, azure and green housing immense domed structures with exotic carvings and majestic statues still sang of an ancient and powerful elven civilisation. Now it was time for the people of Azeroth to unite and take back what was theirs. They had had enough of the Legion laying waste to all their lands and homes.

The most prestigious mages of Azeroth along with devout followers of Elune, such as Tyrande and the priestesses gathered at the base of the mystical formation. They were mumuring the incantations to harness the powers of the ancient titan artifacts.

As the Illidari arrived, all eyes turned to meet the demonised elves.

Khadgar swooped down and morphed into his human form just before he touched the ground. He was greeted by Malfurion. Together they looked up and awaited the Illidari with the rest of the allies.

"So, she managed to free him then." The Archdruid spoke, almost to himself. There was an edge to his voice; whether annoyance that the incarceration of Illidan had been undone or a nervous anticipation at meeting his estranged brother again, Khadgar could not tell.

"Yes, indeed she did," Khadgar replied. He could not hide the reverence in his voice and it did not go unnoticed.

"You believe she has made the right call?" Malfurion asked as he caught sight of his twin brother approaching.

"Yes, Malfurion, I do. I have seen what he is capable of."

"As have I." The Archdruid's voice was dark.

Khadgar could not deny Malfurion's opinion had merit, but the Archdruid it seemed did not know all the facts. Khadgar had done a little research on the quiet, trawling through the many volumes of Azeroth's history kept within the library of Karazhan. "Were you aware that when Illidan was in the employ of Kur'talos Ravencrest many of the individuals who worked under Illidan's command had willing offered themselves as sacrifices in a bid to defeat the Legion?"

The Archdruid shifted, ire rising as he bore down on Khadgar. "Lord Ravencrest was infuriated by Illidan's disobedience and his slaughter of all those good people! Even Rhonin questioned my brother's motives."

Khadgar stood, hands clasped behind his back and rocking gently on his heels. He fixed Malfrion with a steady glare. "Yes, you are correct. But, even they did not know many of the Moonguard had offered themselves so that Illidan's power would intensify."

The druid huffed and turned away although he kept a close eye on his approaching brother. "Lies!"

Khadgar would not be deterred. "A few survived, and they catalogued the events leading up to and beyond the sacrifice of their brethren. You may if you wish, read it."

The Archdruid grunted. "He also sacrificed his soul and became ... what he is!"

Khadgar realised he was tredding on sensitive ground but still he wished to support the reasons behind rescuing the great demon hunter once more. "And perhaps there is no greater sacrifice to be made, Malfurion. He does however, fight for Azeroth and his people, although he would have you believe he owes you all nothing. There is good in him, and I will vouch for him."

No more words passed between the Archmage and Malfurion. Instead, their eyes focused on the arriving demon hunters and their leader.

Erik grunted as he was brought in to land. The one time night elf who carried him, lowered him carefully to the ground and strode to where Khadgar stood with the Archdruid. The dwarf dusted himself down and stayed nearby.

There was a slightly uneasy silence as the twins regarded each other. After a moment, Malfurion acknowledged the demon hunter with minimal effort. "Illidan," he said, nodding his head in greeting.

Illidan's lip curled as he looked at Malfurion. "Brother," he said in response. "It is good that we fight together again, for Azeroth."

The Archdruid was caught off guard. It appeared he had not expected such civility from the one he had assisted in the incarceration of with Maiev Shadowsong and later exiled. He simply nodded acceptance of his twin's arrival. He then proceeded to bring them up to date with developments surrounding the Pillars of Creation.

"Alodi's tome you supplied us with Khadgar, is proving most useful. In it there are incantations which will help us hone the powers that lie within the Pillars."

"Good," Khadgar stated as he looked towards the artifacts themselves. "How much longer do you think it will take for us to utilise them and close the portal in the Temple."

"It is hard to say, but we hope it will be soon."

"And what of demonic activity?" Khadgar pressed.

Malfurion glanced at his brother before answering. "We have managed to keep it under control for the time being. We have also come across some Nightborne who still resist the Legion. They are willing to join our numbers and have shared with us their knowledge of the Legion's activity in the city. Perhaps the Legion do not know what we are planning yet."

A deep rumble of quiet laughter was emitted from the Lord of the Illidari. "It is merely the calm before the storm, brother."

"Hmm. Perhaps, we should discuss our offensive then, Illidan."

The demon hunter looked towards the fel vortex which hung over the Eternal Palace. "We must quash whatever demonic presence is in the palace first. Then we can focus on the Tomb. That will be our greatest challenge."

"Very well, take your Illidari and cleanse the palace. We will await your return. By then..." Malfurion glanced in the direction of the Pillars, "... we will hopefully have the ability to close the Tomb and bring an end to the Legion once and for all."

Illidan signalled for his army to ready themselves for battle. As he was about to leave with them, Malfurion lightly touched his arm. The demon hunter's fel infused sockets turned to his twin. "It is good to have you with us. Good luck ... brother," Malfurion said.

Illidan smirked, and with a deep inclination of his horned head, he then turned and flew to join his Illidari.

Erik squinted his eyes when he saw more incoming Illidari from the west. "Ye've got tae be kiddin' me!" he said to himself. He turned and shouted on Khadgar.

The Archmage paused his conversation with Malfurion and looked to where Erik was pointing. His eyes followed the two Illidari as they came in to land.

Sarah freed herself from Eloen's grip and jumped down the last couple of feet. Drew mirrored her and jumped down before joining Erik nearby.

"Sarah! What are..." Khadgar started to say. The second she hit the ground she ran full pelt to him and threw herself into his arms. He staggered back from the impact, momentarily in shock at seeing her so alert and agile having undergone such serious injuries.

She closed her mouth over his and gave him a long, deep kiss. Those nearby smirked, Malfurion included. She was utterly oblivious to all of them.

Drew had revealed to her the devastating effect her near death had had on Khadgar, and she was full of remorse for having caused him so much pain. In that revelation, she had also come to realise just how deeply she felt for him. "I am so, so, sorry, my love," she whispered. "I never meant to cause you pain. Forgive me and my impetuous, selfish ways. I love you Khadgar, with all my heart."

He smiled, brushing stray strands of hair out of her eyes. "We have both done foolish things, Sarah. I believe there is something at work here which is keeping us together." He cupped her face in his hands. "We are meant to be together, Sarah."

"I feel that too."

"But you should be resting. It is too soon ..."

"No! No, Khadgar. I still have one thing to do..."

He stared at her, shaking his head. He gripped her shoulders. "No more, please, Sarah. I need you to be safe."

"I will be, I swear. And I am going to tell you what I need to do this time and how we will all work together. Illidan must hear this also. Where is he?" She glanced around the company.

"He and the Illidari are at the palace. They are fighting the demons there before we start the closing of the Tomb."

"And the Pillars?"

"Tyrande and the priestesses are still working on them," Mafurion said from behind her. She turned to find the enormous Archdruid staring down at her.

She inclined her head in greeting. "Then I will explain to you both first, and await his return."

Those close by looked questioningly at each other as Sarah spoke quietly with Khadgar and Malfurion. The Archmage's face showed varying expressions; bewilderment, scepticism, wonder, alarm, and finally... belief. He looked at her face, taking in every detail, marvelling at the woman in front of him. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him once more.

He smiled. "I love you, Sarah. But, stay safe."

"I will. You too." She joined Drew and Erik. They looked at her for answers. "All in good time," she whispered.

Khadgar stepped aside and spoke privately with Malfurion. The two of them then started to move the troops out. They combed the skyline for Illidan and his demon hunters. No sign yet, they had to wait, but nonetheless proceeded to get the allies into position for assault on the Tomb.

Malfurion instructed the druids on what would be required of them as Khadgar did the same with the mages and warlocks. He also beckoned Drew and Erik.

Commanders and lieutenants readied their battalions. Defenders of Azeroth moved in unified numbers to bring an end to the tyranny of the Burning Legion. This day, they would finish Sargeras and his demonic armies.

Sarah approached Tyrande with Khadgar and Malfurion. The High Priestess watched her warily as they neared. The two men then brought Tyrande up to speed giving her all the details and explaining what was going to happen.

The leader of the Kald'dorei stared at the Earth woman. Some considerable time ago she had been nothing other than an alien who came to them talking of playing a game in which their lives were pure fantasy at the mercy of others imaginations. Now that odd little human stood before her, as a hybrid creature, inexplicably imbued by powers from Illidan and the naaru. A human who so many, Malfurion included, put their faith in to assist in ridding the world of a foe who had long schemed a return to Azeroth.

Tyrande approached Sarah; her elegance still abound even in such troubled times. Her silver orbs caught sight of some of the tattoos which ran up over the woman's collarbone. "You are quite the heroine, Sarah Metcalfe."

Sarah simply swallowed. For once she did not have a smart quip to deliver, for she was still amazed at her own survival from the Twisting Nether. And grateful beyond words to the Stormrage brother she so vehemently believed in.

Tyrande continued. "We have reached the point now where we do not have time to question your methods." The High Priestess glanced around the many ranks and their expectant, determined faces. She turned her eyes back to Sarah. "Perhaps, it is not necessary, for you have achieved the impossible, yet again." This time her gaze was cast over to the palace where Illidan and his troops were still engaged in battle. Sarah thought she saw just a hint of melancholy nostalgia flit across the High Priestess' face.

"It is not I who you need to trust," Sarah managed. "It is Illidan, and yourselves."

A small gasp escaped Tyrande's lips. Sarah moved away and stood beside Khadgar, her fingers searching for his.

Tyrande afforded her a small nod then returned to the group of chanting priestesses. With one final glance over her shoulder at Sarah and the Archmage, she sighed, and silently prayed to Elune that Sarah's trust was not misplaced.

All comments, advice and suggestions are welcome. Should you like this chapter, please be kind enough to vote, it would be most appreciated. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1.2K 15
You replace Rachel in this story. (Y/N) had just run away from the place she had been held in since she was a little girl, she runs into an alleyway...
23 0 1
An ex-Illidari scholar captains a modified Legion starship to an apparently barren moon. She tests a brand new type of volatile magic there, but she...
14.7K 932 51
**1st Place WINNER in the GOLD AWARDS 2017 FANFICTION CATEGORY 2nd Place WINNER in the AQUA PEARL AWARDS 2017 FANFICTION CATEGORY and 2nd Place WINNE...
17.1K 198 31
Note: This is an erotica. NSFW fanfiction. BDSM, with Illidan as dominant, and Maiev as submissive. Yes, I know usually people think of the roles as...