Silver Bullets

By sexy_love_panda

Raven Conner is sent away to an acadamy for toubled teens like her. When she slowly uncovers the truth, the a... More

Chapter 1: Fate Is A Joke
Chapter 3: That's My Seat...
Chapter 4: Mis.Pinky And The Tour

Chapter 2: Goodbye Pillow

762 52 31
By sexy_love_panda

Chapter 2

I dreamt that I was being sent away to some school for weirdos. I was not the least bit happy when I woke up to find my suitcase, packed with my clothes, beside my door.

"No, no this can't be happening." I groaned. That's it, I'm still dreaming. Yeah that's it. "Wake up, wake up." I said, pinching myself. After a while when my arms were swollen and red, I knew this wasn't a dream.

"Damn," I cursed. I laid on my bed, taking in everything. I said goodbye to every damn thing in my room, "Goodbye room, goodbye walls..."

Looking out my window I said goodbye to the moon. I slept next to my window, because I loved looking out and seeing the moon phases. Sometimes I just liked the fresh air, but tonight it was all about the moon.

Maybe it was just me but tonight the moon looked... almost...lonely? The clouds were blocking the stars and soon they would consume the moon too. Gone. Nonexistent. Forgotten in the darkness.

I sighed heavily. Man, today is going to be a long day. I tried going back to sleep but the horrors of leaving the safety of my home took over. Goodbye pillow, I know I won't miss you. It's time I gave you a break anyways, no more tears or punches will be bruising and hurting you.

I sat up on my bed and leaned against my wall, scanning my soon-to-be ex-bedroom. It wasn't a big room, but was sufficiently big enough for a twin bed, a desk and one small closet for my clothes. I had packed everything I needed except my weapons.

Those would be tricky to sneak into the airport, especially with all the paranoid wackos nowadays. I thought for a minute or two and realized that taking them would be impossible. Guess I would just have to buy some when I arrive there. Wherever 'there' is, I thought.

Okay what do I need? A couple of knives, guns, and maybe some daggers, you never know what or who you're going to encounter.

"Talk about paranoid," I muttered to myself. A phone rang and I jumped for the gun I kept under my pillow. I sighed in relief, it was just the phone. I was starting to become jumpy and that was not good, I needed to get a hold of myself. I had met and pissed off some powerful people or monsters - whatever you want to call them - before, so I was always on the lookout for those I had offended. I answered the phone before anyone woke up from the annoying ring tone.

RING, RING, RING, RING!!

"Hello?" I whispered, panting. My heart was beating a mile a minute. Just thinking about what was... out there scared the crap out of me.

"Ray? Raven are you okay?" I sighed in relief; it was just Alexander.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine," I cleared my throat, "What's up man?" I said, trying to sound nonchalant.

"What's up? W-what's up!? Oh nothing's up." He said, popping the 'p'. I could tell he was angry, but why?

"Ray, what the hell... where are you going? Why are you leaving?" He yelled, sounding beyond angry, and sort of worried. It was not surprising, Alex and I had become close. He knew my fears and I knew his. Oh... so that's why he's mad... Oops?

"Alex, I didn't want to tell you, but you leave me no choice," think fast, think! "I'm joining the Pease Core and helping endangered species?" My statement came out as a question, and I hated the uncertainty in my voice. Great why don't you just tell him your parents think you're crazy and are sending you to the mental institution to 'get help'? Which was very close to the truth.

"Right, so which endangered species are you going to help out?" Alex said, playing along, I smiled. It wasn't like I was proud of lying, but it was something I had sadly gotten used to.

"Well, I'm helping out... gorillas. Yeah gorillas and monkeys and stuff. I mean, not a lot of people know this, but they're endangered." I said fake seriously. I had read somewhere that monkeys and gorillas were endangered, so it wasn't a complete lie.

"Thanks for the lesson, Miss Nickles." He said sarcastically and I burst out laughing. Miss Nickles was our history teacher and just by hearing her talk was enough to bore someone to death; she talked like a robot -monotonous and all - and stared at you with a blank expression, (much like Bella from twilight, missing all the Vampire obsession, course). I had actually brought a pillow to her class several times; I called it my Ravens nap time.

One time I brought twenty dollars worth of nickels and dumped it all over her desk before class. Did I mention she was a germ freak? She was so mad, she would have given the whole class detention if Miss. Goody two-shoes hadn't told on me.

"Now, why don't you cut me the B.S and tell me the truth, okay babe?" Alexander said with a hint of laughter.

"Well, since the jig's up... I could tell you, but I think it's going to cost you." I grinned mischievously. Alex had connections everywhere, even in Canada.

"Go figure, Ray wants something in return. What do you want?"

"Nothing really, I just need a guy that can get me some souvenirs in a place called... I don't know, Canada?" I told him, trying to sound like it wasn't a big deal.

"Canada? Souvenir?" Alexander said, immediately understanding that when I said souvenir, I really meant weapons.

"You're going to Canada? You told Candy you didn't know where you were going." Alexander said, confused.

"I still don't know, but my money's on Canada. I heard my mom talking about sending me to Russia or Canada, and we both know Russia would neither help nor fix me, I would get involved in the mafia over there."

"Wait, your mom is sending you away? Why? I mean she loves you, she wouldn't send you away." Alexander replied, still confused.

"Yeah, I know, but my grandmother is crazy! She says I have to go because it's my destiny, and yes she actually said destiny!" I yelled, suddenly feeling angry, and all my emotions were ready to burst. I got off my bed and started to pace, lost in my thoughts before I realized that there had been silence on the other end for a long time.

"Alexander?" I said. "Hello? Alex?"

"Mandy," Alexander stated, his voice cold - like when I first met him - void of any emotion.

"Mandy?" I repeated, confused as I searched my mind for anyone I knew by the name.

"'Mandy will get you any souvenirs you want," Alexander replied. Something was wrong, very wrong.

"Alex? Babe, what's up?" I asked sensing something was terribly wrong.

"You don't have to go."

"Huh?"

"We have room in our house, you can... you can sleep in one of the bedrooms. I mean you're family... we can't protect you from those rabid dogs or worse, those filthy leeches, if... if you're in another country!" Alexander said through his teeth. I sighed.

"You mean run away." I stated, it wasn't even a question. We both knew what he meant.

"Ray, I-" Alexander started, but I interrupted him.

"Alex, you know I can't run away, I'm the only one my mom has now." I said, still pacing. My feet sounded like I was stomping now.

"Yeah, I know but-" Alexander tried to convince me again.

"No, you don't know... and besides Raven Conner does not runaway, okay? I'm not a wimp anymore, Alex. I. Don't. Run. Away," I bit out.

"Yeah, I know, but it was still worth a shot." Alex answered, defeated and yet amused.

"Whatever," I replied, annoyed. He makes me all worked up for nothing and thinks it's so amusing.

"Look Ray, there are reasons we don't go to places with... large amounts of forest. One, some dip-shit already claims it, and two, that's where almost every dog lives. So, whatever you do, Ray, never...ever show your mark. Once they see it, you're dead meat, literally. They. Will. Eat. You." Alexander warned, speaking like how a mother speaking would to a child.

"Yeah, no shit. I'm not stupid." I barked back. I wasn't dumb. I knew they could kill me with one bite. I mean, yeah, I've done some stupid things - like burn down the kitchen with a toaster - but in my defense that takes skills.

"I'll give Mandy your number. She'll give you anything you want, wait for her to text you a place for the drop." Alexander replied ignoring my last remark. Light suddenly shined from under my door. Crap, mom's awake.

"Hey, I got to bounce. Mom's awake, it's time for me to fly away," I whispered sarcastically. I went back to my bed and laid down, pretending I was asleep.

"Okay, oh and Ray don't be late, Mandy doesn't wait on anyone." Alexander whispered back.

"Will do." I replied but hesitated to hang up.

"Ray!" Alexander called at the last minute.

"Yeah?"

"Um..." Alex cleared his throat, nervous and surprised that I had not hung up yet. "Good luck, hot shot. Shoot some tail for me, okay?" Alex ended, reverting back to his normal joking self. I hesitated to end the call; I knew that wasn't really what he wanted to say. There was a knock on my door and this time I didn't hesitate, I hung up.

"Raven, time to go sweetheart." My mom said as she opened the door. She walked over to me and shook me 'awake'. I yawned for good measure and smiled weakly up at her.

"Time to go?" I repeated.

"Afraid so, baby cakes." She answered, a sad smile lingering on her beautiful face.

"Okie-dokie, your plane leaves in one hour, so get up you two!" My grandmother hollered from the kitchen. My mom left to change out of her PJ's and I pushed off the covers, already dressed. I was wearing a plain black shirt, and ripped blue denim jeans. All I needed was my black and blue shoes, my leather jacket and I would be good to go.

"This really is going to be a long day." I muttered to myself and headed downstairs for breakfast.

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<><>-<>-<>-<>-<>

A Thanks to you people who commented!

A Hundred Thank yous for those who voted (99) Thank you, (100) Thank you (Phew wipes a way sweat from forhead)

And MILLIONS of SPECAL Thankz to the people who fanned.

A MiLLION THANK YOU! =D

Continue Reading