Please Don't Leave Me

By nightwatchr

My name is Kazumi Uchiha, the last surviving female of the Uchiha clan. In my adventure to be the number one... More

About Kazumi Uchiha
Enter Naruto Uzumaki!
Sasuke and Sakura: Friends or Foes
It is Up to You to Decide Fate
Pass or Fail: Survival Test Part 2
You Failed!: Kakashi's Final Decision
A Dangerous Mission: Journey to the Land of Waves
The Assassin of the Mist!!
The Oath of Pain... Literally
Kazumi's Awake!
The River of Chakra
Battle on the Bridge! Zabuza Returns
Zero Visibility: The Sharingan Shatters
The Weapons Known as Shinobi
A New Chapter Begins: The Chunin Exam!
Start Your Engines: The Chunin Exam Begins
Special Report: Live From the Forest of Death
The Chunin Exam Stage 2: The Forest of Death
The Sharingan Revived: Dragon Flame Jutsu
Kazumi's Special Jutsu: A Demon Jutsu?!
Surviving the Cut: The Rookie 10 Together Again
A New Sensei: Akira Honda
Water Dragon Jutsu: Meeting Cain
Kazumi Uchiha vs Keiichi Takeo
Attack on the Hidden Leaf Village!
The Third Hokage Forever
The 5th Hokage! The Legendary Sanin Tsunade
Gotta See! Gotta Know! Kakashi Sensei's Real Face
Help an Old Friend in the Land of Tea
Run Idate Run! Nagi Island Awaits!
Farewell?

Pass or Fail: Survival Test

257 1 0
By nightwatchr

(Kazumi's P.O.V.)

It had already been two and a half hours since the little 'misunderstanding' with Ino, and so far our jonin has yet to show up. Even though it was pretty obvious to me who our sensei was going to be, the others had no idea and were all getting a little impatient. Especially Naruto.

Naruto had his head sticking out the door to see if he was coming or not.
"He's late" he said looking both ways getting more irritated. I decided to keep quiet so they can ask whatever questions they have about Kakashi sensei to his face instead of me.
"Naruto! Just sit down" scolded Sakura
"I don't want to. How come our teacher's the only one late? I'm ready to roll. Believe it. The other groups already met their teachers and took off on some adventure or something. And Iruka sensei's gone too" he said
"We know. Ok?" said Sakura getting annoyed at him. Naruto had a big smile on his face and grabbed the eraser from the chalk board and grabbed a step stool and brought them to the door where he put the eraser up high and stuck it in place.
"Hey, what are you doing?" asked Sakura while Naruto had finally put it in place smiling big
"Naruto" scolded Sakura like a mother
"That's what he gets for coming late. Surprise!" he said hopping off the step stool. I was sitting next to Sasuke and watched him do what he did. I sighed at his idea of fun.

"You're asking for trouble. You know you shouldn't do that" scolded Sakura for the third time in a row. It was obvious she liked his prank idea but wanted to play innocent so she can 'impress' Sasuke by acting mature.

"Hmph. Our teacher's a jounin, an elite ninja. You think he'd fall for that?" asked Sasuke
"Yeah, Sasuke's right. You're so clueless Naruto" said backing him up. A hand gripped the door and slid it open only to fall for Naruto's prank. There was a moment of silence until Naruto started bursting out laughing saying that he got him.
"Hahahahahahaha, I got him! He totally fell for it!! Hahahaha" he shouted.
"I'm sorry sensei. I told him not to do it, but he wouldn't listen. I'd never do anything like that"she said with a fake concerned look. She thinks she's good at hiding her true self, but to me it was pretty obvious. Sasuke looked at him completely confused why he fell for his prank. Kakashi sensei might be a jonin, but when it's something as basic as meeting your new team you tend to let your guard down and don't expect it but he'll learn in time that's all Naruto does to people like him.

"Hmmmmm, how can I put this? My first impression of this group...you're a bunch of idiots" he said with a hand to his chin. We all dead panned at his response to us. I grumbled under my breath glaring at him. He looked over at me and it looked like he was smiling under his mask.
"Hello Kazumi. Hmm, I was hoping I could train you some more. And now, I don't have an excuse to say I have to do it another time" he said telling the truth, partially.
"Yes Kakashi sensei. I agree, now you can't skip out on my training" I responded
"What the?! How do you already know this guy?!" shouted Naruto in my ear.
"That's a story for another time. Let's get moving, unless you want to be left behind" he said going back at the door. We all followed him and he lead us to the roof where we all took seats and faced him as he leaned on the railing.

"Alright, why don't you introduce yourselves one at a time?" he said.
"Introduce ourselves? Well, what are we supposed to say?" questioned Sakura, I thought it would be pretty obvious if he wants to get to know us.
"Things you like, things you hate, dreams for the future, hobbies. Things like that" he said crossing his arms
"Why don't you tell us stuff first? I mean before we talk, tell us about you so we can see how it's supposed to work" suggested Naruto.
"Me? I'm Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate. Hmm, I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future, I never really thought about it. As for my hobbies, I have a lot of hobbies" he said. This guy does not change.
"But then why do I always catch you reading that kmph--" I was going to say until he interrupted me by putting a hand over my mouth.
"That will be for later. It's not very appropriate for children your age. It could scar you if you're not mature enough" he said laughing nervously.
"Then why are you kmph--" I started saying again but he only clapped his hand over my mouth tighter to make sure I said nothing. He started laughing nervously again and walked back over to the railing.
"Well, that's it for me" he said

(Flashback two years ago)

I walked to the Hokage because he decided to let me train with him today. I walked closer and I thought about some of the new things he might teach me, sometimes he does it on ninjutsu, genjutsu, or just sits there and instruct me what to do while I do all the stuff I know how to do. I don't question him because he hopefully knows how to teach me really good jutsus for the future.

'knock knock'

"Come in" he called to the door.

I walked in and there he was with a mountain of papers at his desk and he couldn't even see me until he had to look over his work.
"Ah, Kazumi. I'm sorry, but I can't train with you today. I have asked a professional jonin to train you while I finish my paper work. His name is Kakashi Hatake and he is one of the top five ANBU. He is very skilled with different techniques that you can use for future battles and has agreed to train you when I can not." he said
"I understand Lord Hokage" I said
"Good, he is waiting for you in the forest. He shouldn't be too hard to spot but he does like to sneak around sometimes, so be careful of him" he told me. I nodded and left closing the door behind me, I started walking until I reached the forest and as far as I could see, there was no one there. I expanded my range of sight with my jutsu trying to sense his chakra but I couldn't find anything.

About two hours later, I heard foot steps coming toward me and I crack open an eye and I see a grey haired ninja with a headband covering his left eye and a mask covering his face. I got up from sitting on the grass and greeted him with a nod. He returned my gesture
"Hello, are you Kazumi Uchiha?" he asked me in a kind voice
"Yes, are you Kakashi Hatake?" I asked back at him
"Yes. Nice to meet you. Before we get training lets introduce ourselves so we can get to know each other a little more for the future when Lord Hokage can't train you" he said in a calm voice.
I nodded and we sat next to a tree stump to sit down.
"Alright, you can go first"
"Ok, my name is Kazumi Uchiha. I like spending time with my big brother Sasuke and my friend Naruto, I like reading, training, swimming, and sometimes going to Ichiraku's ramen and eating with Naruto. I don't like people mentioning the slaughter of our clan, talking bad about my family, including my brothers. Sasuke's fan girls and my fan boys. My dreams for the future...I want to restore my clan and bring my family together again. And also with helping my friends achieve their goal" I said naming off all the things that you would normally think about when introducing yourself.

He looked at me interested in what I had to say probably thinking I'm not like my brother that he's heard so much about from all the fan girls in the village.
"Alright, now it's my turn I suppose. I'm Kakashi Hatake. My likes and dislikes, I don't think I want to tell you that. My dreams for the future, I don't really know. As for my hobbies, I have lots of them so I can't name them all" he said finishing up. I sweat dropped at his introduction but decided it wasn't my place to ask him what he doesn't want to tell me yet.

"Alright, now that the introductions are done, why don't you tell me what is your strength and weakness so we can work on that" he suggested.
"Alright, my strength is using my genjutsu, and my weakness is ninjutsu" I said.
"Alright, then lets get you focused on how to counter and use your instincts better. Come at me with whatever you have from ninjutsu" he said getting into a ready stance.
"Ok" I replied and went at him with a battle cry.

(Time skip to present)

"That was totally useless, all he really told us was his name" said Sakura unhappily with Naruto agreeing with her.
"Ok, your turn. You on the right, you first" he called to Naruto
"Believe it, I'm Naruto Uzumaki. I like instant ramen in a cup and I really like the ramen Iruka got me at the Ichiraku's noodle shop. But I hate the three minutes you have to wait after you pour the water in the ramen cup. And I also like being with Kazumi since she was my first friend in the village. My hobby is eating different kinds of ramen and comparing them. And my future dream is.. to be the greatest Hokage. Then the whole village will stop disrespecting me and treat me like I'm somebody, somebody important" he said finishing up.

"Alright, next" he said

"I'm Sakura Haruno. What I like..uh. I mean the person I like is....Uh, my hobby is...uhh...*giggle*..My dream for the future is.." she said squealing into her hands looking at Sasuke with a blush on her face.
'To marry Sasuke and then have triplets, maybe?' I thought to myself. Clueless.

"And..whatdo you hate?" asked Kakashi
"Naruto" she said making him cry and groan

"Next" he called making Sakura giggle in anticipation for what he'sgoing to say.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, and I don'tparticularly like anything"
"What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm goingto restore my clan and destroy a certain someone" he finished. But, therehas to be a reason for what Itachi did and I want to tell him that, but I knowhe won't listen to that subject with me. He doesn't talk about it often becausehe knows it's a hurtful memory for me and I get fragile when it comes up. So hedoesn't say anything. All Sakura did was blush at him day dreaming and Narutoonly looked at him with fright probably thinking he meant him.

"Last up" he said

"Ok, my name is Kazumi Uchiha. I like spending time with my big brotherSasuke and my friend Naruto, I like reading, training, swimming, and sometimesgoing to Ichiraku's ramen and eating with Naruto. I don't like peoplementioning the slaughter of our clan, talking bad about my family, including mybrothers. Sasuke's fan girls and my fan boys. My dreams for the future?...Iwant to restore my clan and bring my family together again. And also withhelping my friends achieve their goal" I said finishing up. Naruto lookedpleased with my introduction but Sakura seemed too focused on Sasuke she didn'teven hear me say anything. She must've been in 'Sasuke-land' as I call theSasuke day dreamers.

"Good, you're each unique and you have your own ideas. We'll have ourfirst mission tomorrow" said Kakashi
"Eup, what kind of mission are we going to have?" asked Naruto.
"It's a task that the five of us will do together" he said
"What? What? What? What?" asked Naruto
"A survival exercise" he said bored
"Huh? Survival exercise?" asked Naruto confused
"I thought we were supposed to have a real mission. Not more practice. Wealready did this stuff at the academy. That's how we got here" complainedSakura
"This is like your previous training"
"So uh. So what kind of training is it then?" asked Naruto. I zonedout for a bit because when I first met Kakashi, he taught me about becoming agenin. He told me when we get our squads a little later into the academy, wewould have to prove we are ready to be genin. He didn't exactly say how we hadto do it but he said if you fail, then you're not worthy to be a ninja.

I wonder.. what should I make tonight, I assume Sasuke is going to be hungrysince Naruto ruined his lunch...hmmmm. Oh! Maybe he would like some soba withtoasted sesame seed sauce. That sounds good.

"Let's go Kazumi" said Sasuke, I didn't even realize the meeting wasover. We headed home and I made dinner. Sasuke was hungry and ate a lot, but weboth went to bed early since he explained to me we had to get up early. Eventhough he wasn't going to be there for another two hours after we get there. Iheaded up to my bed and played a song to help me relax until I fell asleep.

When I felt shaking I knew it was most likely time to get up and meet Kakashifor that training exercise Sasuke told me about since I zoned out, even thoughit was normal for him to be late I sometimes got annoyed with it if therereally was nothing to do. I wouldn't get cranky but I would feel like I'm notin the best of moods.

I grabbed my ninja clothes from my closet and went to the bathroom and steppedin the shower giving me goosebumps as the cold water woke me up. I stepped outand grabbed a towel from the rack hanging next to me and dried my hair forabout thirty minutes since I have thick hair.

I brushed my teeth and grabbed my headband from my nightstand tieing it aroundmy head walking out meeting Sasuke at the front door with him already in hisgear wide awake. We closed the door behind us and walked to the training groundin silence. As we walked past the village we took in the silence in happinesssince no one was up yet. We finally made it and were greeted by anunenthusiastic 'good morning' from both Naruto and Sakura.

"Morning.." moaned Sakura and Naruto both looking really sleepy

I have a long time before he actually shows up so I decided to go and meditatesince I will need chakra control if we wanted to prove to him whatever hewanted.

I sat cross-legged on the grass and I closed my eyes clearing my head of allthoughts. But something felt off. I didn't want to keep awake. I felt myselfdrifting off and I didn't want to deny I was really sleepy but I didn't want tosleep. Oh well....

(In her dream)

"Kazumi" called a voice behind me but when I looked, I couldn't seevery well.
"Who are you?" I called out but he didn't respond but instead came upto me and grabbed a hold of my hand.
"Where are we going?" I asked but yet again, they didn't respond. Infront of us was a door, it wasn't open but then even more started appearing infront of us. I looked at the person but they weren't there.
"Down here" the voice called and the person was still holding myhand. We stood there as more and more doors appeared.

"Chose a door" the person said and I looked at all my choices. I sawa very bright door and opened it. In there was bright room but there were threesilhouettes standing there. A small figure went up to one of the bigfigures and they bent down to pick them up in their arms.
"I remember this" said the person.

Right now I was very lost but kept watching. Another small figure bent down totake the third in their arms too. He set them down and they walked away but thefigure dropped their head looking like they were depressed. Another figure cameup and it was talking to the first but then it turned into yelling. The persondidn't know what to do but then when they left he grabbed something off hisback and ran where the other person went and when the other figure looked atthem he wanted to yell again but was cut in half.

Even more figures came and when they saw what it was they all ran away but theperson was fast and caught up to them and cut them each one at a time. One ofthe little figures came out and stared at the person.

The big figure took out something from it's pocket and threw it past him andthe house behind him bursted into flames and the little one freaked out. Thetall one ran away and really wanted to chase after him but stopped when itlooked like he realized something and turned to the house. Out came the otherlittle one and they looked pretty terrified.
"I remember mom and dad talked about this a lot" said the little onewho I forgot was still there.
"Were they witnesses?" I asked and the little one looked forwardnodding
"In a sense, yes" the person said but they let go of my hand andwalked toward the door with me following behind and we walked past the door andon the floor was the small figure that was laying on the ground in pain, butthat was the last thing I could see before the door closed and we were back inthe empty space.

"I think we need to end our meeting" said the person not even lookingat me
"Why?" I asked
"If we stayed here too long, your brother will think you're asleep"said the person already fading away
"What is your name?" I called out before they left
"That is going to be for later. I have many names. You will just have tochose which one you like best. Not now though" they said.

(Outside of her dream)

I opened my eyes and I had a huge wave of pain going through my head as Iopened my eyes. I opened them again and it still hurt, but it was bearable. Ilooked down and I was lying in the grass with my legs crossed. My guess was Iwas meditating but fell asleep about half way through since I didn't get allthat much sleep last night. I kept waking up in the middle of the night in theweirdest positions and at one point fell off the bed.

I stood up and dusted myself off and the sun was already high in the sky.Naturally Kakashi sensei comes late but by now it had to be almost noon. I lookedover in the bushes and Sasuke was just sitting there while Naruto was lookingout for Kakashi sensei, no doubt he's going to complaint to him every time he'slate.

I walked back to them and sat there for another ten minutes until finallyKakashi showed his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 9.5K 50
The Uchiha clan - a prestigious noble clan of Konohagakure, renowned for their infamous and deadly kekkei genkai, the sharingan. Few have the honor o...
149K 5.4K 22
Team Seven, Sasuke Uchiha. Naruto Uzukaze, and Shikamaru Nara. This team was trained by the most elite, so it makes sense that those three would be w...
212K 10K 50
AU: The Uchiha Massacre did not happen. The streets weren't lined with blood and Sasuke was not the brooding avenger Fate had imagined him to be. It...
22.1K 445 37
Naruto and his twin sister Kazumi, are the one of the last Uzumaki and Namikaze's left. Sasuke, is a different story. He doesn't want to seek reveng...