Detached

By divine123

Between not doing school work and having a verbally abusive mother that changes like the wind, why even look... More

Detached
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 12

56 1 0
By divine123

Chapter 12

As it took me a while to respond I was surprised that he asked me so suddenly, you’d think that after having a fight with a douchbag that nobody would consider that you are person to take out on a Saturday. It seems that Cole is unlike most people. Honestly, I didn’t know what to say on one hand I could go out and have fun like I used to. Or I could stay home and drink my chocolate milk and watch all my favorite movies by myself...  

This was such a hard decision...

I really haven’t had that much time to myself seeing as Shannan always seems to be home nowadays. Then again I haven’t gone out with a guy since last summer. Hmmm.... I looked over at him as he patiently waited for my response. If that were me, if I were to ask him to go to the movies and he took this much time to answer I’d get frustrated and quit. That thought alone made the corners of my lips turn up. I shrugged. “Yeah I’ll go, sounds like fun.”

He smiled brightly. “Great, Saturday’s okay right?” He glanced at me as he started working on his math problems.

I rifled through my bag for a pencil and started of my problems myself. “Yeah, hey I have a question.” I started to study on my math harder this time so I was hoping that I could get some of these problems right.

He looked towards me curiously. “What’s up?” A third of his problems were already done, are you kidding me. I was starting to get a migraine just thinking about how fast his brain works.

I looked back up at him and furrowed my brows. “Why aren’t you in pre-calc? You’re obviously qualified.” This has been on my mind ever since he got here, rushing through problems like they were nothing. I was envious.

Cole gave me that smile that you’d give a child when they ask you a stupid question. “Well when I moved here things got a little mixed up because of my father and the records that were supposed to get transferred... It was like they never existed when I got here so I’ll have to take the classes over again.” He looked back down at his paper and started answering more problems. “Oh and when I was at my old school I already passed pre-calc.”

Dumbfounded, absolutely dumbfounded... I shook my head. “That’s crazy, how does that even happen...?” He shrugged and I just blew out an annoying breath. “So that means you and Avery are on the same level right, I can’t believe you’re supposed to be in calculus.”

“Yeah but its not bad Algebra 2 is easy and there are a lot of things I like about being in this class.” He smiled as he worked.

Nothing else was said after that the class went on silently as I started to actually finish my worksheet, I didn’t feel like asking Cole of he would look at it. He’d only erase all of it and I’d have to try again, I went back over my work by myself with a calculator and smiled in satisfaction, looks correct to me.            

I looked at the clock to see that we had ten more minutes. I looked over at Cole to see what he was doing but when I noticed him already looking at me he looked away then back at his phone again. I smiled and grabbed his paper. “I’m going to go turn these in.” As I walked up to the teachers desk I checked over my answers to see that most of them were right. I was glad all this studying was paying off.

When I got back to my seat I saw him playing that candy game again, I pointed to it as I spoke. “Hey what’s that game, you must really like it.” I put my pencil back in my backpack getting ready for the bell to ring.

Cole looked up at me as I sat on the table. “It’s called Candy Crush. Its a pretty fun game, you’re supposed to switch the candies around to reach your goal. It gets hard after a while and I’ve been on this same level for a while now, I can’t get past it.”

I watched him play until it said that he lost a life, I looked back at him. “Can I try?” He shrugged and gave it to me, he watched me play and told me what I could make out of combining different candies. While I played he told me all the rules and everything so after a while I got the hang of it.

After a few tries I passed. “Hey Cole, I got past that level, and I think I got you a new high score.” I said looking back up at him.

The look that he gave me was priceless, it made me wonder if I looked like that when I saw him speeding past those problems. I smiled and handed his phone back and we walked to class. Parting our separate ways at the locker rooms I looked for any boobietraps that Fiona could have set up for me. I checked my clothes before I put them on too, never know what that girl would do.

Some girl that I couldn’t name leaned against the locked looking at me like I was stupid. “You don’t have to worry about Fiona pranking you today.”

My eyebrows arched. “Why is that?” I stripped and started putting on my clothes taking this girl’s word for it.

She pushed off the locker and walked away, but I could hear her words traveling towards me. “She’s got her eyes set on someone else.”

I was confused, wasn’t Fiona aka Barbie supposed to be tormenting me and plotting my death? I’m not saying that I don’t appreciate this lovely distraction its just I didn’t think she’d give up on me that easily, I feel cheated on. I happily tightened the string on my sweats and put back on my shoes. I felt like skipping to the gym because I was that happy, usually when it comes to this class I have nothing to be happy about because of these people that have corrupted it. It was a new day and I was going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Opening the door to the gym I sat in my ‘assigned seat’ on the gym floor, I looked around to see Cole chillin' with some of the guys in the class. Before he could look up I turned back towards the teacher to hear what we were going to be doing for the last hour of school. Turns out we’re going to be playing that one game that’s like tennis but it’s with a shorter net and there’s something called a ‘birdie’... I didn’t really know what the name of it was but I knew how to play.

Everybody got up and picked out a long slender racket, a birdie and their group of four, I jumped into a random group of people I didn’t know. I looked over to see the group we were facing, tall slender people with long arms... Great, we’re screwed.

When the teacher turned on the radio everybody got their game faces on. Shorties vs. The Tall and Slender. We really couldn’t get anything past them since they could stretch their long arms out using their racket as an arm extension they shot it right past us. It was weird when they hit the birdie with their racket, they made a grunt like they were constipated or trying to lift something heavy. I didn’t understand was I supposed to grunt or what? They acted like hitting that 4.9g birdie was like trying to bounce an elephant off of the racket and back at us... They were a little too serious...

The teacher blew the whistle giving us the signal to switch teams we were going against. I was surprised to see Fiona talking to some guy as they walked over, I couldn’t see his face but I already had a bad feeling and felt annoyed. The teacher blew the whistle again telling us to start the game and since we had the birdie I served, I hit the birdie arming right at Fiona’s face. I swear I almost jumped for joy when it connected with her annoying face. I was filled with so much happiness in that one second and I started laughing along with my team.

I could see her annoyed face though the net, I laughed even harder whipping a fake tear. “The game’s starting Barbie, if you don’t pay attention there’ll be more moments like that.” I blew out a victorious sigh then I looked up.

The Birdie was coming towards me and I raised my racket in at the right time and connected. It flew over the thin net and into their area, it was quickly deflected by somebody on their team and he stood by the net with a big smirk on his face. “Looks like we are in the same class sweetheart.”

Way to kill. My. Freaking. Vibe! It was like my vibe was a mirror and he just happened to look in it then it shattered to a million pieces.... Thanks a lot, jerk.

I gave him the middle finger and his stupid smirk grew bigger as I hit the birdie back across the net. He bit his lip. “Tell me when and where baby.”

I rolled my eyes and watched the birdie fly towards me again, I tried getting it across the net but somebody got it before me... I really need to learn these peoples names...

After a while of playing I went to get a drink of water, I had to walk around the corner to do so. While drinking the water I didn’t notice that the heavy metal doors opened and closed again. When I rose my head and whipped my mouth I was scared half to death when Kevin popped up on me. I moved out of the way so he could get a drink, I didn’t wait for him either. As soon as he took his first step I was out of there.

He must have taken a pretty quick drink because when I got turned around I was face to face with him. His blue eyes were soft and not possessive while his hand was gentle all the same I still pulled away and started walking again. “Luna would you slow down?”

I bit my lip as I turned towards him. “What do you want now?” I growled out annoyed.

He stayed put, knowing that if he even took a step I’d be gone. “Just listen to what I have to say... I know sometimes I come off as an butthole but I don’t mean to act that way.” I cut him off by laughing, he’s hilarious... Hi-freaking-larious.

I ran my hand through my hair and glared at him. “You come off as an butthole all the time.” I put my hands in my sweats pockets to keep him from seeing them shake. “Plus I know where you’re going with this.”

He shook his head. “Luna, I’m serious this time. I know you’re still mad about what happened last summer and trust me I feel horrible about it. But you’re so stubborn and hard to talk to I couldn’t never properly apologize. I know you still hate me for what I did but you have to believe me. I hate acting like an butthole around you but it seems like it’s the only way I can get through to you.”

The way his voice trembled made me lower my defences just a bit, but they went right back up. “So by acting like that, and harassing me that’s how you’re getting through to me? By forcing yourself on me and backing me into a corner? You honestly think that’s the best way to go about this?” I kept my voice down so nobody would be able to hear me. I refained from holding myself, from hitting him, from kissing him... I had to keep myself away.

He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. “I know that wasn’t the best course of action to take, but I did have a few drinks before coming. I was nervous Luna, I was afraid that this would happen. I knew you were going to be pissed off, I knew you didn’t want to see me but I wanted to see you. I couldn’t control myself, you looked like you were doing better since I last saw you.”

I watched as Kevin’s hands started to shake and he took slow calming breaths, trying to get his emotions under control. “I was doing better, I was doing a lot better until you came back. I was forced to stay there with you and your parents, I didn’t want to be there at all. Honestly I hated that you were even in my house, I hated that you were around me but you persisted until the very end.” I found myself touching that mark again then I ripped my hand away as my throat started to close up. I’m still not ready for this, not yet.

His eyes softened and he took a step towards me, I took a step back. “I’m so sorry Luna, I promise I won’t do anything else to you. All I ask is that we put this to rest and try to be friends.” His eyes were pleading while his hands were being restrained in his pockets, I’m sure he felt the need to hold me and I wanted him to but I held myself back.

Although he has his own reasons as to why he acts the way he does I do as well. “I’m not sure that’s a good idea, you can try all you want but I don’t think you’ll get very far. I’m going back to class.” I started walking again but stopped. “Please don’t bring this up again.” I walked back to class as I heard his footsteps behind me.

I knew he was thinking of all the things he could do, it wouldn’t work, none of it. I wasn’t going to let it work, I’m not giving him that opportunity again. I whipped my face before opening the door and walking back into the active, music filled gym.

I looked around for my group but Kevin interrupted my thoughts. “I know you think that I won’t find a way to make this work, I’m serious about this. You know most of all when I’m serious about something I don’t quit.”

I glanced at him. “I’m not asking you to, but I’m still saying that you won’t get far.” My face was void of emotion.

I could see Cole walking over. “It’s that guy Cole, are you two a thing now? If not, I’m sure that’s what he’s aiming for.” Kevin said close enough from me to only hear.

I looked back at him. “Why should it matter to you? I’m not your concern anymore remember?” I walked up to Cole as he go closer, leaving Kevin to his devices.

Cole smiled. “My team is whooping you guys.” He pulled me along with him so we could play before the bell rang.

I smiled back. “We’ll see about that, I’m back on the team now so I think you better hold onto your pantalones.” I tossed the birdie up and served it to the other side as we volleyed it back and forth.

~~~~~

Hey guys don't forget to check out the EXTERNAL LINK! This is where you can join the Detached fan club/ group and ask questions, express theorys and all that jazz. Click it! :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261 22 20
The thing is I'm twenty-one, I'm in the middle of experiencing this twenty-one, and I have only recently been able to experience my version of a "Dis...
3K 157 28
He had rules for a reason, or thats what he said. I did something wrong I got punished. I spoke out of turn, I got punished. I looked at him or ate w...
1K 54 45
~THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED~ Highest Rankings: #1 in Xanax #8 in Parental Abuse 18+ This story does contain mature topics. Some topics make...
839K 14.5K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...