My Chance [Levi Ackerman X OC...

By toxictaem

[Completed] "And... You were really good looking." I fiddled my thumbs. "I prefer hot." More

Before we start
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
7 Years Later
Alternate Ending
Trust

Chapter 11

7.1K 146 100
By toxictaem

Chance's POV
It was finally time to go on the expedition.

I'm kind of scared in a way

But I'll be glad if we do manage to discover something interesting.

I sighed and had a flashback 12 days before this one.

The day where me and Levi went to wall Sheena and had the time of our lives.

Well except the whole meeting my mom thing.

But it's not like I'm going to meet her again after that little encounter therefore I should be fine.

I need to focus on what's ahead and not get killed.

It's not just for me, it's also for Levi...

He'll officially have no one left if I were to die on this expedition.

I won't let that happen.

I made my hands into fists for motivation.

I walked into the bathroom and tangled my fingers in my messy, wavy curls.

"Hmm, this might get in the way..." I thought aloud.

"Maybe I'll just cut it off." I decided.

I took some scissors from under my bed (I had them their for emergencies, in case self defence was involved.) and raised them up to my shoulders.

I separated my hair down the middle and brushed it so that it was more straight.

I then, with one swift cut, cut off my hair up to my shoulders.

It immediately felt lighter, or nostalgic.

But it was too frizzy and poofy.

So I decided to thin it out completely and left only a thin, outer layer on.

With this, my hair became more soft, silky and straight.

I layered it so that one layer was shorter then the other.

I then gave myself a left side parting and decided that, with this, nothing should get on my way.

I hurriedly pulled on my Scout Regiment uniform and boots.

I gave my hair one final brush, grabbed my cape and hurried out my room door.

  I ran down the corridors and crashed into someone almost immediately.

  "Petra? I'm so sorry!" I helped her up apologetically.

  "No wo- Chance you cut your hair?" Petra asked in shock.

  "Yeah, I mean it's easier to maintain right?" I shrugged nonchalantly.

  "It completely changed your demeanour though." Petra studies.

  "How?" I wondered.

  "Not that you were not cold enough before, but this look gives you a really intimidating and badass vibe." Petra states.

  "Is that good?" I furrowed my brows.

  "I mean, I prefer cute but I think no matter what you put on of change into, you always rock it!" Petra gives me a thumbs up.

"Thanks Petra you're the best." I smiled.

She knew exactly how to cheer a person on.

"Haha let's go meet everyone in the dining hall now." Petra started walking towards the hall.

"Yeah." I followed her.

We walked towards the long table and sat down on the right side where there were two empty seats beside each other.

"Now we're just missing Jaeger. Where the hell is he?" Levi glares.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

Suddenly Jaeger burst through the door, panting with a birds nest of hair.

"What happened to you?" I tried to contain my laughter.

I mean I really couldn't blame him.

Last time I probably looked a lot worst then him.

"Sorry I overslept Corporal." Jaeger bowed slightly.

"Tch. Whatever. Get your horses, meet at the gate and we're out of here." Levi stood up.

Everyone scrambled up and ran towards the door leading to the outdoor stables.

I rushed to Leiyari's stall and peered in.

"Leiyari?" I opened the gate.

I found her lying on the floor, slightly panting.

  "Leiyari!" I rushed to her side.

  I reached my hands over to her and brushed them against her legs.

  I felt them for any swollen muscles or broken bones.

  When I came to her front left ankle, she immediately whined slightly and retracted it.

  "Shoot." I cursed.

  I stood up and walked towards the door of the stable where Levi was currently standing, tacking up Stormrider who was tied to a log.

  "Levi, Leiyari way have fractured or broke her ankle, I'm guessing she kicked at the wall too hard or something like that." I mumbled.

  "Damn." Levi looked at me.

  "Get Ness, he should be able to help with the wound. For now you'll ride with me." Levi decided.

  "Alright." I nodded.

  I ran towards the courtyard where I found Ness trying to grab his white bandana from his horse.

  "Ness! Emergency!" I sprinted towards him.

  "Oh? Oh hey Chance! What's up?" He smiled, finally managing to snatch his bandana.

  "Leiyari's got a broken bone! Do you think you could help her?" I asked pleadingly.

  "I'll see what I can do.." Ness trotted his horse back with me to the stable.

  He tied his horse to a log and went up to Leiyari's stall.

  "Hmm.. It's not bad." Ness felt around the bone.

  "It's not shifted our of place or anything, it's just fractured as far as I can tell." He described.

  "However, she's going to have to rest for at least 1 month." Ness stood up.

  "Darn it." I sighed.

  "Looks like I'll be riding Stormrider for this expedition." I nodded.

"Woah riding with Corporal Levi? You sure got some privilege there." Ness laughed.

"I know don't I?" I winked and laughed.

"Ness can you take care of Leiyari while I'm gone?" I pleaded.

"No worries, I'll take care of her no problem." Ness smiled kindly.

"Thanks Ness, I owe you one." I bowed.

I then ran outside the stable where everyone was already gathered with their designated horses.

I felt like the odd one out.

Actually I was the odd one out.

"Chance, sorry about what happened to Leiyari." Petra smiled sadly.

"It's good. She deserves some rest anyway." I looked down.

"So are you coming?" Jaeger asked.

"Duh." I scorned.

"She's riding with Corporal Levi, right Chance?" Petra giggled.

"Yeah suck on that!" I laughed and climbed on Stormrider, behind Levi.

"Ready? We have to meet with Shitty Glasses's team before me move out. So just follow my lead." Levi commands.

"Yes Sir!" Everyone got on their horse and saluted.

"Then let's go!" Levi gave his horse a kick and he bolted.

"Woah!" I held on to Levi tighter to prevent me from slipping off the leather saddle.

Soon, after about 15 minutes of nonstop galloping, we met Squad Leader Hange's squad at the gate of Wall Maria.

"Yahoo!? Leviiiiiiiii!" Hange waved energetically.

"Hey Hange!" I waved from behind him.

"Yo Chance! Why aren't you on your own horse?" Hange blinked.

"My horse fractured her ankle." I scratched my head sheepishly.

"Even though it's kind of an inconvenience I have to ride with Levi." I explained.

"Ah okay then! Let's set out!" Hange waved to the person controlling the large stone gate.

He saw he signal and walked over to the anchor.

Little by little, the gate lifted up.

"Get ready you brats!" Levi commanded.

"3!" We leaned forward.

"2!" We braced ourselves.

"1!" We raced out at full speed.

"Special Operations Squad! Surround Squad Hange at a diamond shape!" Levi roars.

"Spread out!" He commands.

We all guide our horses so that we formed a perfect rhombus shape with Squad Hange in the middle.

Me and Levi were at the centre tip and Petra was on the right.

  "Onwards!" Levi roars and we all accelerate speed so that Titan Forest came to view.

  "Follow me onto the path! We will not stop unless Titans come within 15 metres! There is no need for unnecessary fights!" Levi coughed a little at the end.

  "YES SIR!" We holler.

  Well I didn't since I would probably damage his eardrums if I did.

  In front of me, Levi was having a silent coughing fit.

  "Levi! Are you okay?" I creased my brows worriedly.

  "Fine. Focus on the mission don't worry about me." Levi continues coughing for a little bit but manages to stop.

  "Corporal! 5 meter Titan 10 meters to the right!" Oluo yells.

  "Crap. Oluo! Engage in combat!" Levi demands.

  Oluo visibly gulps but nodded and used his 3D maneuver gear to latch himself onto a tree.

  "Hiya!" He launched himself at the titan's nape and slashed his swords wildly, blood splattered everywhere but it soon evaporated.

  "Nice job. Now get back on your horse. Continue to the heart of the forest." Levi commands.

  "Yes sir!" Oluo nods, proudly puffing out his chest.

  We all gallop rapidly and soon we reached the heart of the forest.

"Stop!" Levi stuck out his right arm as a signal to line up.

I leaned onto his back as he and the others lined up their horses in a round shape, encircling the great tree in the middle.

"Everyone off your horses, we are going to find evidence or clues around here, where the journal was found." Levi says impassively.

"Yes Sir!" Everyone scrambles off their horses.

Levi hops off and lends me a hand as I slipped off as well.

"Hmm." I mumbled as I walked around the tree, examining the area.

I swiped my hand around the tree and knocked a couple times.

When I reached the left side of the tree I knocked a couple times, but to my surprise, the inside sounded extremely hollow.

I gasped a little and knocked a couple more times.

"Hmm." I muttered and realized that bark was placed over a gaping hole in the trunk.

I pulled at the loose bark and it came off easily.

"Squad Leader Hange!" I called worriedly as I saw what was in the hole.

"What is i- oh my god.." She peered closer.

What met us what a person, sitting in an upright position, which would've been normal. Except this person was missing his or her head.

What was even more interesting was the fact that he or she was wearing a Scout Regiment cape an uniform.

"Disgusting." I shook my head at the gruesome and foul smelling sight.

"What's going on?" Levi walked over and stood beside us.

He leaned towards the corpse and took a look on his or her arm.

  "This is the armband of the 34th expedition beyond the walls." Levi studied.

  "So I'm guessing this is Isle Langnar?" I motioned towards the corpse.

"That's what I gather." Hange mummers.

"Guys! Come over here!" I motioned to both squads.

"Woah!" Everyone gasps.

"He's been here for quite a long time." Petra comments.

"Definitely." I looked at the body sadly.

Suddenly we heard a horrifyingly human like yell coming from the back of the tree.

"15 meter class titan!" I yelled.

"I got it." Levi sliced off its nape in a matter of mere seconds.

"Where did that even come from?" I muttered thoughtfully.

"We defiantly would've noticed a 15 meter class coming here, but it is as if it appeared out of thin air!" Petra nodded in agreement.

"Maybe it did..." Something clicked in my head.

I walked over to the exact area where we original,y found the titan.

I stomped hard on the ground.

I felt a faint echo under my foot.

"Guys come here." I motioned.

Everyone stood beside or around me.

"Jump. Hard." I demand.

"1 2 3!" We all stomp heavily on the ground below us. Making the faux grass collapse, confirming my suspicions.

  We landed in an underground cave like place.

  I saw a figure dressed in a white robe.

  "Stop right there!" I pointed my sword at him or her.

  He slowly turned around and I heard a loud gasp beside me.

  "F-father?" Jaeger walked towards him.

  "Eren! Oh Eren!" He began walking closer.

  "Don't come any closer, Dr. Jaeger." I scorned and held my blades up.

  He stopped on his tracks and backed up.

  "What are you doing down here Doctor?" I demanded.

  "I-I" he stuttered.

  "Or should I say "Scientist?" I glared.

  "What are you talking about Chance? He's my father! He's a doctor!" Jaeger screeched.

  "Shut the hell up Jaeger." I demanded.

"No! You shut the hell up! This is my father!" Jaeger retorted.

I took one look at him and gave him a swift roundhouse kick to the shins.

"Bloody hell Chance..." Eren groaned in pain.

"So what are you doing down here Dr. Jaeger?" Levi cut in.

"No need for explanations Doctor." Hange muttered darkly.

She went behind Dr. Jaeger and disappeared into the darkness enveloping the cave.

"Come." Levi pointed his sword at Jaegers dad, forcing him to follow Hange.

We all walked aimlessly for about 3 minutes before we reached another round cave.

"What is this?" My eyes widened in horror.

There were vials and test tubes filled with bubbling green liquid.

"This is probably what is turning humans into titans." Hange took a vial and gently peered into it.

"So is this what you've been up to while your son was away?" Levi raised an eyebrow.

"You wouldn't understand." Dr Jaeger scowled

"We would if you'd kindly ex-" I was cut off by a horrifying screech coming from deeper inside the cave.

"Petra, Oluo, Gunther. Make sure that Dr Jaeger doesn't escape. Me, Shitty Glasses, Chance Eld and Jaeger will check on what's behind there." Levi commands.

"My squad will remain here as well." Hange proclaimed.

"Yes sir!" Everyone chorused.

"Let's go." Levi started off into the caves.

After another 2 minutes or so, the screaming got louder.

Suddenly we got to a part of the cave where the ceilings were at least 15 meters high.

"Why the sudden difference?" I wondered aloud.

"He's been farming titans I'm guessing." Levi stared blankly.

Another scream echoed around the cave.

"Look!" I pointed to a large metal cage that was barricading half of the room.

"There are humans in there." I observed.

We walked closer but as we reached the cage a person was flung against the wall of the metal bars.

"Woah!" I moved back slightly out of surprise.

Levi put his arm around my back, securing the location for me.

"What's going on here?" He demanded to the poor souls in the cage who were clearly suffering.

"Save us..." A blond woman pleaded.

She was lying on the floor with multiple needle wounds on her right arm that was visibly shown.

Then she let out an inhumane scream that was loud enough to shake the walls.

"What is this?" I staggered back into Levi's arm, where he hugged me slightly.

"So you got injected with the green liquid right ma'am?" Hange observed.

"Yes! Multiple times... I'm losing it! You're the Scout Regiment right? Save me please.." She begged tearfully.

"I really don't think we can Hange.. If this green liquid is what you said, we definitely will end up exterminating her." I reasoned.

"NO PLEASE DON'T!!" The woman bared her teeth and flung herself at the cage door.

"Hey!" We all stepped back to avoid the bars hitting us in the head.

"Hmm... Ma'am tell me everything you know about this place." Hange brought out a notepad.

"You said you'll kill me and now you want to get information out of me?" She hollered.

"It's not for your own selfish needs. It's for humanity." Hange drilled darkly.

"No! I don't want to die!" The woman screeched, tears racing down her pale cheeks.

"Listen here woman. We are not asking you to talk. This is an order. You are going to die either way. So it's better to die trying to save humanity then to die with things that may have helped." Levi glared.

"I-I promise if I tell you.. You'll look out for my son.." She begged.

My heart softened a little and I kneeled down in front of her, with only the bars between us.

"I promise ma'am." I smiled sincerely.

She looked at me tearfully.

"Thank you young lady." She muttered gratefully.

"I was living in the village that Dr. Jaeger once miraculously cured. We all trusted him since we owed him our lives." The woman began.

"One day he came back to our village, asking for assistance or something like that." She continued.

  "So we followed him, 5 of us. Into a carriage, but as soon as we entered, we lost consciousness almost immediately. Then as we opened our eyes, we found ourselves here." She explained.

  "She's right!" A male beside here gasped.

  "The same thing happens to us! We heard that Dr. Jaeger was a renowned Doctor so we trusted him!" He cried.

  "Calm down." Levi ordered.

  "Thank you miss." I mummer gratefully.

  "What happens to people who end up here ma'am?" Hange scribbles down notes.

  "They get brainwashed.. Turned into man eating monsters. Everyday 5 are turned into these crazy beings. At first they know how to communicate, but later, they lose all morality that make them human. Today was my turn.. I'm about to lose it.." She whimpered.

  Suddenly she starts expanding and expanding, like a balloon of some sort.

  She cries and moans in agony as she grows larger and larger.

  She holds onto her head and screams.

  She stops growing at about 5 meters.

  "She turned into a 5 meter titan!" I realized in horror.

  "Go on kill me.." She whispers in a deep and almost inaudible voice.

  "But my son.. His name is Leo, he's always around his childhood friend named Esrael." She mummers.

  "It's that kid!" I realized.

  "We met them before right Levi?" I asked.

  "Yes. Thank you ma'am your information really did help humanity. But you're about to go blank. All your humanity will vanish. I'll have to end you here." Levi gripped his swords.

  "Yes.. Goodbye Leo." Were his last words before Levi squeezed between the bars and with one swift cut, ended her life.

  "So this was all Dr. Jaeger's doing huh." I muttered sadly at the heaping, evaporating mound or titan or human remains.

  "We need to kill him." Levi grits.

  A wave of hatred washed over me.

  Thanks to Dr. Jaeger my best friends were killed.

  He's dead meat.

  "You cannot kill my father!" Jaeger screamed.

"Your so called father almost wiped out humanity!" I screeched.

"How do you know this was all my father's doing?" Jaeger yelled.

"Don't you see enough proof already Jaeger? The woman literally told us her life experiences so stop being blinded by emotions and kill him already!" I hollered.

"So you're telling me you aren't blinded by fury right now?" Jaeger retorted.

Am I?

I'm utterly furious right now.

He's right...

I'm simply overreacting due to Isabel and Farlan's death.

Is keeping Dr. Jaeger alive a good choice though?

"People can change their behaviour but people cannot change their nature, and Dr. Jaeger has been doing this for a century now. This is what's keeping him alive Eren." Hange intercepted.

"What??" I cocked my head in confusion.

"Look at this." Hange pulled up two green vials.

"This one is bubbling while this one is absolutely still." Hange explained.

"The one that is absolutely still is not a titan maker." She continues.

"This is an anti-aging formula." She finished.

"How could this be?" I muttered.

"He's a renowned scientist now.. I'm guessing he made this a while, or a century ago." She explained.

"This formula has anti-aging enzymes, preventing the human body from flowing in its original state. Basically freezing his body's time in its state a century ago." Hange squinted to observe the liquid.

"So it's not really anti-aging, it's a time freezer." Levi states.

"Basically." Hange answers promptly.

"So he can't die from age, he can only die if we end him.." I suggest.

  "Yes. Which explains why Dr. Jaeger is so deep into medical institutions. He wants to know every wound or fatal strike and how to cure it to prevent himself from falling victim to them." Hange states.

  "You're wrong!" Jaeger screamed.

  Slap!

  The sound echoes throughout the cave.

  I gave Jaeger a firm smack on the cheek.

  "Look around you Jaeger.. This was all your father's doing. Do you still wish to be blinded by family ties?" I sneered.

  He held his cheek, utterly shocked.

  "Do you know how many people fell victim to your father's little "experiments?" My own friends! My very best friends! Were brutally assassinated by titans! Which are monsters created by your father! I don't care how you'll feel about me, but I'm going to kill that man with my own two hands." I seethed.

  "Chance wait!" Jaeger grabbed my shoulder to prevent me from dashing out.

  "Let me go Jaeger." I growled.

  I slapped his hand away from me.

  "I-I won't stop you.." Jaeger looked at the ground with defeat.

  "Humph." I snorted arrogantly.

  "Then I'll be going.." I took my swords out.

  "I'm coming too." Levi followed my actions.

  He took out his duel swords and slid his fingers across the smooth surface.

  "Revenge is sweet Corporal." I smirked.

  "I don't take pride in innocent bloodshed. But he's killed too many of my allies and friends. He deserves to die. The titans were all his doing.. He almost wiped out humanity. He's at fault here. The easiest punishment he'll receive is a quick and painless death, so that he will fall deep into hell." Levi sneered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 5.5K 62
๐“–๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ญ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ *เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš โ€ข ๐Ÿ…ก๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿ…ค๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…ข๐Ÿ…ฃ๐Ÿ…ข ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…ก๐Ÿ…” ๐Ÿ…’๐Ÿ…›๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…ข๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…“ เณƒโ€โžท โ™š ๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ข ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ'๐ฌ...
34.1K 648 23
"I know it's a question you probably don't want to answer but I just want to ask. Why did you leave me?" ๐’œ๐“๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’ He left you all alone. He said he...
422 15 1
"So you just found me hot? Is that why you were so tense?" "Fucking yes." He tugged you closer. Lips hovering over the shell of your ear, a shudder w...
174 7 8
After leaving a dead-end job, not-so-optimistic Y/N tries to settle in at a new job at Ackerman Publishers. After finally finding peace and a sense o...