The Opposite Of Attraction ✔️

By greyfarrell

Is the phrase "Opposites attract" right? Maybe... But not for Sophia Mackenzie and Damon Blake. The phrase fo... More

Description
Authors Note and TRIGGER WARNINGS
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chatper Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Epilogue
Thank You
Other Books And Where To Find Me

Chapter Sixteen

45.5K 1.3K 1K
By greyfarrell

DAMON

Why does my bed feel so small? Why don't I have my favourite pillow? Where's Mr. Teddy?

I felt around my bed, trying to find my stuffed friend, but found nothing.

I groaned and rolled over, only to fall on the floor.

What the hell?

I opened my eyes and looked around, noticing that I wasn't in my house at all, but in Sophia's living room.

The memories from last night came rushing back to me.

Sophia and I hanging out and getting along, singing together, playing never have I ever, seeing Sophia internally freak out when I asked one question in the game, and finally the almost kiss.

I still couldn't believe I almost kissed her, it made no sense. Just a few days ago we completely loathed each other and now we were almost kissing? How did that happen?

Maybe I dreamt up the whole thing? But how did that explain why I was currently laying on her living room floor?

Okay so maybe I didn't dream it up.

I got back on the couch and checked my phone for the time, seven o'clock in the morning.

Perfect timing, I had time to get ready for school. But first I decided to make breakfast.

My stomach growled as I walked into the kitchen and began looking around for everything I needed to make bacon and eggs.

After going through just about every cabinet, I finally had what I needed to make some food.

I was just finishing up the bacon when Sophia walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning sleepy head." I greeted teasingly, flashing a smile her way.

She looked really cute with her bed head hair and half closed eyes. She looked like a tired puppy.

I shook my head to clear my crazy thoughts when I noticed what I was thinking. What had gotten into me?

"Morning." She mumbled, taking a seat on one of the stools at the kitchen island.

I turned back to the bacon and put it onto a plate after turning off the stove.

"Hungry?" I asked as I divided the food onto two plates.

"Always." She replied with a bit more energy than before.

I placed her plate in front of her and mine beside her.

"Milk? Juice? Water?" I asked, opening the fridge.

"Orange juice please."

I pulled out the beverage and grabbed two cups before I plopped down beside Sophia and poured us each a glass

After that we both dug in.

Not to toot my own horn or anything but breakfast turned out delicious, if I do say so myself.

"This was so good, where did you learn how to cook?" Sophia asked as she finished off the last of her eggs.

"My mom taught me a thing or two." I told her, popping a piece of bacon into my mouth.

"Well she should teach me how to cook, I'm useless in the kitchen." She admitted with a laugh.

I fake gasped. "No! Isn't it against the law for a woman to be a bad cook?" Sarcasm dripped from every word.

She chuckled and hit my arm. "Not nice."

I sent her a smile and stood up.

"Are you done?" I asked, nodding in the direction of her finished breakfast.

"Yeah." She replied.

I took both our plates and placed them in the sink.

"I should be heading home to get ready for school." I told her.

She nodded in agreement and stood up to walk me to the door.

"Oddly enough, I had a good time hanging out with you," I told her once we were at the door.

"I never thought I'd say this, but me too." She agreed.

I gave her one last smile, which she returned, and headed out the door.

What a night, and what a morning.

I guess my plan to be her friend was going to be easier than I thought.

I walked into my house and was practically pounced on by my mom.

"Where were you last night? Why didn't you come home? Are you hurt? Did you get arrested? Did you get a girl preg-"

"Mom!" I exclaimed, thankfully stopping her from saying what she was about to.

Mom always said stupid stuff when she was in protective, worried mother mode but this was just too much for the morning.

"I was over at Sophia's to do a project, then we hung out for a bit and I fell asleep." I told her so she would calm down.

"You fell asleep?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yeah." I answered slowly, giving her a confused look.

"Guys are never supposed to fall asleep before a girl, she'll think she's boring and that the guy isn't interested in her!" Mom exclaimed.

Little did she know that I actually didn't fall asleep. But if Sophia came around here and mom and her talked about it, I wanted them to have the same story, so I had to tell mom I fell asleep.

But really I was awake when Sophia put a pillow under my head, and a blanket on me. And I didn't miss that proud look of accomplishment when she was done, thinking that she hadn't woken me up. It was truly adorable.

The reason I pretended to sleep was because she was clearly uncomfortable about being alone overnight. So I decided to help her out in the only way I could think of, by staying over. I knew she would never ask me to stay, even if she really needed me to, so I made sure she didn't need to ask.

"Are you even listening to me?" Mom suddenly snapped, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry mom." I apologized.

"Just go up and get ready for school, we can talk about this later." She said, shooing me away.

I put up my hands in mock surrender.

"Okay, okay, I'm going."

I quickly made my way upstairs and had the fastest shower possible. Once I was out I threw on a pair of dark jeans and a black T-shirt. For some reason girls loved when I wore black shirts. Next I sprayed some cologne on me, I had to smell my best if I wanted to feel my best.

By the time I was finished getting ready my hair was already dry. I looked in the mirror to see its state, messy yet neat, and ran my hand threw it a couple times until I was satisfied with how it looked.

"Hurry up Damon, you're gonna be late!" Mom called.

"I'll be right down!" I called back as I grabbed my bag and took one last glance in the mirror.

I ran down the stairs and out the door as I yelled goodbye to my mom.

As soon as I arrived at school, all eyes were on me like usual. At least some things around here hadn't changed.

Between Dylan coming back a completely different guy, and my progress with Sophia, it was nice to know to have some sense of normalcy.

"Yo D-Dawg, come here!" Ashton, a guy on the football team, yelled.

I rolled my eyes at his lame nickname as a walked over.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"I heard that Dylan invited Sophia to his next basketball game." He replied.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked irritably, I didn't want to hear about the couple things Sophia and Dylan were doing.

"Because it means they're getting serious." Tommy, another football guy, jumped in.

"Again, why are you telling me this? I don't care." I snapped.

"Dude, we just thought you'd like to know that your best friend is getting serious with your enemy." Ashton said cautiously, with Tommy nodding along.

"Whatever guys, I gotta go." I told them coldly, and stormed off, but not before I heard Tommy mutter "What crawled up his ass and died?" to Ashton.

I almost turned around to give those assholes a piece of my mind but decided that it would only make things worse, so I just stomped into the school.

- - - - - -

I walked into Environmental Awareness class earlier than usual. I was actually one of the first people in class, for the second day in a row.

A sat down in my seat and looked over at Sophia's empty one. What is she hiding from everyone?

I knew that what I heard after the party on Monday had something to do with why she was scared of staying home alone. I just didn't know what exactly she was afraid of.

Suddenly Sophia's chair pulled out and someone sat down in it. I was expecting it to be Sophia since that was her seat and all, but when I looked up I saw none other than Candy sitting next to me.

"Hey Damon." She purred, batting her eyelashes.

"Uh, hey." I mumbled, not in the mood to talk to her.

I swear whenever she had the chance, she flirted with me. This girl was seriously obsessed, and as flattering as that was, it was also really annoying and downright creepy.

Why was I cursed with my god like good looks?

"So I thought that maybe we could get together after school." She suggested, twirling a lock of her bottle blonde hair around her finger.

"Can't, I'm busy." I told her dismissively.

"Well we could always get together some time during school, or tomorrow, or whenever you're free." She pushed desperately.

This girl just couldn't take a hint. She left me no choice but to spell it out for her.

"I don't want to hang out, or get together, or hook up, or whatever you want to do. What I want is for you to leave me alone." I told her bluntly.

Okay, maybe I didn't have to be so rude but she was seriously pissing me off.

"Fine, whatever." She mumbled and got up from Sophia's chair.

"You're missing out." She hissed over her shoulder as an afterthought before stomping away to her spot.

What was I missing out on? An STD? I was not risking that for a girl I had no feelings for.

"What was that about?" A familiar voice suddenly asked as they sat down beside me.

I looked over at Sophia and sighed, "Just Candy trying to get in my pants like usual."

She chuckled, "You're a player, why didn't you accept her offer?"

"Despite what you may think, I'm not a player." I said defensively.

"I see that that's a sore spot of yours so I guess I'll leave it alone for now." Sophia muttered, more to herself than me.

I shrugged and faced forward just as the bell rang and Mr. Willis started babbling about the environment.

"You know, it's really weird to sit here and not have you bugging me." Sophia suddenly said.

I turned to her and smirked, "You could've just told me you wanted me to bug you."

She rolled her eyes "That's not what I meant. I like the fact that were getting along, it's just a lot to get used to, that's all."

I nodded in agreement, I felt the exact same way.

After that we both turned our attention back to Mr. Willis, but there was something I was dying to ask her, just so I could see what she though about it.

I turned to face her again and said "So I heard you're going to Dylan's big game next Friday."

"Well yeah, it's not like I had a choice." She mumbled, looking down at the pencil in her hand.

"What do you mean?" I asked, giving her my full attention. I didn't know why, but I like hearing stuff about Dylan. He acts like the same guy from years ago but I can tell that it's all fake.

"Dylan doesn't really ask me if I want to go places or anything. He just kind of tells me I have to, but in a nice way." She explained.

"And you don't like that." I asked but it came out as more of a statement.

She nodded "What girl wants their boyfriend to tell them what to do? We all have that fantasy of the perfect Prince Charming sweeping us off our feet but in reality the best we get are guys that sometimes care and sometimes act like jerks." She ranted, tapping her pencil on her desk. I could tell she was getting worked up.

"That's understandable, but what if all guys aren't like that? What if you just haven't found your Prince Charming? There's gotta be one out there for every girl." I told her.

"If there is a Prince Charming for every girl then mine got lost on the way and was too stubborn to ask for directions." She mumbled.

I chuckled, "That sounds like the perfect guy for you."

She cracked a small smile and nodded in agreement.

"Mr. Blake and Miss Mackenzie, I would appreciate it if you two would pay attention." Mr. Willis bellowed.

"Yes sir." we said in unison, and kept our attention on the lesson for the rest of class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261 42 34
I always knew I had a thing for my brother's bestfriend the all too famous Damon Kingsley an effortlessly handsome specimen So you can expect that...
29.9K 1.2K 47
What if you are dared to text someone that you hated. Emily Johnson , 17 year old never thought a simple text can change her life . And she never l...
1.9M 47.5K 35
Meet twos guys who are completely different: Drake is a fighter; a boxer. He's strong, smart and cocky. Raven is a cuddly bear. He's sarcastic, lovea...
29.9K 571 20
They say opposites attract. Boy were they correct. Maya and Lucas have always been opposites. Maya likes to tease Lucas about... Everything. Everybod...