DADDY?! REALLY?!

By imfreakinhungryyy

They know him as the badboy of their school. The rich kid. The popular jock. But that's it. But behind those... More

DADDY?! REALLY?!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 7

10.2K 186 16
By imfreakinhungryyy

Margaux

Tim met up with us sa parking lot ng hotel. Turns out, may kasama pala syang friends from Engineering Department and we will be meeting them inside the club since naka-table na sila. I immediately dreaded it since I don't like associating myself with strangers right off the bat but alas, wala nang atrasan.

Tim cleaned up well. I can see why Sarah got a crush on him — broad shoulders, slight tan with a bit of a freckles dotting his nose, tall. He's dressed in a maroon dress shirt and washed up jeans. He looks sporty with a semi-beach vibe, Sarah's type.

Pagkapasok ng club, he led us in a corner table kung saan may nakaupong apat na tao, a bottle of Jack Daniels and two Black Labels already laid down. I'm assuming na yung nag-iisang babae sa table ay date ng isa sa mga guy based from them making out while the other two guys are opposite them, talking. I feel antsy just imagining spending the night with them.

"Hey guys!", pagkuha ng atensyon ni Tim pagkarating sa table. They stared at us, nodded while waiting for an introduction. "This is Sarah, you probably remember her dun sa PE class natin?", I saw Tim wrapping an arm around Sarah's shoulders. I wanted to smirk at her but I feel uncomfortable knowing that the others are staring at us. "And this is Margaux, her best friend." Tinanguan ako ni Tim mula sa kabilang side ni Sarah bilang pagturo sa akin. "Sarah, Margaux, these are my friends Canon, Oliver and Santi. And that's Emmy, Oli's flavor of the month." Tinaasan lang sya ng middle finger nung Emmy at inikutan ng mata ni Oliver. "Kidding, she's Oli's girlfriend."

We shook hands and settled down to sit. Isang booth yung table namin that is L-shaped. Nasa corner si Tim at katabi nya si Sarah, of course. I'm beside her at katabi ko yung isang friend ni Tim who, I'm assuming, is Canon. Santi, Oliver and his girlfriend, Emmy, are at the shorter end of the booth.

They prepared shots at nagform ng kanikaniyang conversation yung mga kasama ko. Obviously, Sarah's flirting with Tim agad so I'm left there alone. May sariling mundo yung magjowa sa kabilang side ng table habang nagcecellphone si Santi sa gilid nila at paminsan minsan ay lumilingon sa paligid. Probably to people watch or to simply spot a partner.

I am hating the night already.

"Hey. I'm Canon. Margaux, right?"

Bumaling ang atensyon ko sa lalaking katabi ko ng marinig ang boses nya. Medyo naka-lean sya sa table at nagsasalin ng alak sa dalawang shot glass. He then sat upright, holding one glass while offering the other to me. Ayoko sana uminom pero nahihiya ako tumanggi kaya inabot ko yung alok nya.

"Thanks. And yeah, I'm Margaux. Nice to meet you." I smiled lightly at him and took a small sip of the alcohol. Black Label. Its a common drink but I can never get used to it. I tried to mask my distaste ngunit napansin ni Canon.

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry. I should've asked you what drink you want." I saw him flinched so I tried to play it down na lang. Pareho na kaming naaawkwardan.

"It's really okay. Thank you for the drink. Hindi lang ako sanay sa lasa. They're... strong and bitter," pag-placate ko kay Canon habang nilalapag yung shot glass na halos di pa nababawasan.

"You're not a drinker?"

"No. Neither a fan of clubs. I'm just a lonely victim of bestfriend-induced-puppy-eyes, if you know what I mean," and I looked at Sarah who was busy laughing at whatever Tim said. I smiled at them, somewhat happy na hindi sayang yung pagpunta ko for her.

Canon chuckled saka inabot yung baso na inilapag ko, "Well, if you don't want this baby, Imma drink it for you. I love my liquors, you see," at nilagok yung alak without any chaser. I winced at that. How do they do that?

"If you're not a fan of alcohol with strong, intense taste, you'll probably prefer fruity alcoholic drinks and the likes. They have less alcohol content and it's more appropriate for someone like you."

I arched a brow at that. "Someone like me?"

Canon smiled, "I mean, someone who doesn't like 'bitter' drinks. No offense." And he raised his hands in a surrendering motion.

"None taken," sagot ko while playfully rolling my eyes at him. "So, what's these 'fruity alcoholic drinks' of yours? I wanna try para hindi naman ako lugi dito." I eyed Canon who was drinking another glass of alcohol saka tumingin sakin. He licked his lips at sumandal.

"There are cocktails and other casual drinks, and you have to order them at the bar station. If you want, I can come with you. You'll like them for sure." He just leaned back, waiting for my answer.

I looked at Sarah, hoping to have some sort of idea on what to do. I don't know Canon but he seems to be harmless. Plus, s'ya lang yung nakakausap ko. I don't want to intervene between Sarah and Tim since alam kong chance ni Sarah ito to be closer to him.

My best friend, although mukhang 100% invested sa landian nila ni Tim, ay halata kong nag-eeavesdrop sa usapan namin ni Canon. Just from the smirk she sent my way, alam ko nang plan nya akong ibugaw. Baliw talaga 'to. She nodded slightly at me, telling me to go with Canon and with a wink, returned her 100% attention to Tim. So with a sigh, I look at Canon who's still leaning back, holding a half-full glass and waiting for my answer.

I nodded at him, signalling my acquiescence. He chug the contents of his glass at saka tumayo. He helped me walk out of the booth since madadaanan namin sina Oliver at Emmy na busy uling magmake-out. Si Santi naman ay ngayon ko lang napansin na wala na sa table.

Naglakad kami ni Canon sa may bar station. I noticed the club getting fuller since malapit nang magmidnight kaya naman medyo cramped kaming nakatayo roon. Canon was trying to get the bartender's attention habang iniikot ko lang ang mata ko sa paligid.

"A long island iced tea for the lady and a glass of whiskey for me." Bumalik ang attention ko kay Canon nang marinig syang mag-order. He was just standing there, looking around and waiting for our drinks.

Canon is beautiful in a good boy kind of way. In a fitted brown vest and white shorts, he's sporting a clean look with curly hair that is longer at the top and thin-rimmed glasses. He's got thin full lips and a high cheekbones. He's also pale, not deathly pale, but the kind that hints na hindi sya babad sa araw. His cheeks got a tint of red in it but I don't know if its naturally like that or because of the amount of alcohol na nainom nya. All in all, he is good-looking.

I averted my eyes nung tumingin s'ya sa'kin. Now that we're alone, mas ramdam ko ang awkwardness between us. I'm half wishing to go back sa table namin and at the same time, preferring to stay dito, away from the two couples back there.

Napagdesisyunan kong magstart ng conversation kaysa pareho kaming naghahagilap ng gagawin.

"Classmates kayo ni Tim?", panimula ko.

Canon shook his head, shoving his right hand sa bulsa ng shorts nya. "I'm a senior, actually. Kateammate ko si Tim sa basketball before but I had to quit the team last year because of an injury."

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear about that. Are you okay now?"

Sasagot sana s'ya ngunit dumating yung order naming inumin. He took the two glasses from the bartender and gave me the taller one. I eyed it, a bit hesitant to drink it.

"Try it. It's a Long Island Iced Tea." Upon hearing that, I took a sip of the seemingly harmless drink. It tastes like a regular iced tea so I took another long sip of it, feeling refreshed.

"Hey. Do be careful with it. It's not your normal iced tea, okay?" Canon advised me while now leaning back sa counter, his whiskey behind him. "And to answer your question, yeah, I'm good now. It has healed but basketball's never the same again."

"That's good to know. So... you're a senior. Should I be calling you kuya?", I playfully asked Canon who, upon hearing the question, cringed but a hint of grin present.

"Just Canon's fine. I can't be sibling-zoned agad by a pretty girl, right?", kinindatan nya ako at nag-reach out sa untouched glass nya na nasa likudan nya. Natigilan lang ako sa sinabi nya, watching him drink while staring at me, a small smile still present on his lips.

Hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko so I just cleared my throat and look away, taking a sip of my iced tea. I could us getting awkward again but I'm too stunned to strike up a topic.

Maya-maya pa ay nagsimula uli s'yang magsalita, trying to salvage the atmosphere. I'm just glad it's not flirty or weird so I went with it.

"So, Margaux, what are you taking?" Hindi ko agad nagets yung tanong n'ya so tiningnan ko lang sya. "I mean, what course are you taking? I'm assuming you're a student of Beaufort as well?"

"Oh yeah. I'm taking business," I shuffled on my feet dahil sa ngalay, "I'm majoring in operations management. Kabatch ko originally si Sarah but I had to take a gap year so I'm still in my 2nd year."

"Gap year? If I may ask, what for?" bahagyang inanggulo ni Canon ang katawan nya sakin para hindi lamang yung ulo n'ya ang nakabaling.

I took my time before answering him. Inubos ko ang laman ng baso ko and tried to catch the bartender's attention myself. This question always comes around and every time it does, I hate answering it. Lying about it.

Upon giving my order of another long island iced tea, which I noticed had Canon's brow raised, I turned to him and gave my practiced answer, "I was training how to manage our company abroad." I threw him a tight-lipped smiled and looked at the bar station to watching the bartenders create different kind of drinks. Thankfully, he noticed my reluctance on the topic and dropped it.

It must have struck 12 kasi the club's atmosphere changed. It's the club's routine, you see. It was already noisy before but just enough to hype up the customers pero pagsapit ng midnight, the party is on. The music's louder and much more appropriate for dancing, especially since the floor is officially open. And that's why a lot of people went to the dance floor, leaving several stools on the bar counter open for me to finally sit on. When the couple beside us stood up to join the rave, Canon helped me sit on the newly vacant high seat but instead of him sitting on another stool, he stayed standing beside me, probably to enable us to talk and hear each other. He's a lot more closer now compared before but it seems normal since sobrang lakas talaga ng music so I didn't think much of it.

Canon and I were just watching the people on the dance floor while talking about little things. I learned that Oliver and Emmy have been together for almost 2 years now while Santi just got out of a relationship. Nabanggit din n'ya na nakita lang nila si Tim kanina sa may lobby and here we are. The awkward atmosphere between us vanished kasabay ng pag-turn up ng music, pareho kaming nadadala sa lively background. Nakita pa namin si Santi who was trying to feel up a girl on the dance floor habang 'di malayo sa kanila sina Sarah at Tim. I smiled at my best friend dancing away with her crush, at least, until I saw her grind herself to him. Ugh, that was cringy af.

I'm on my third glass and it's really difficult to view it as anything but a simple iced tea. Kaya naman hindi ko mapigilan ubusin yung laman nya everytime since its a reprieve from the electric feeling of the club. Canon, on the other hand, had ordered a set of tequila shots for himself. Yes, the tequila shots that, if I remember correctly, I had been chugging down on the fateful year-end party. He offered me a shot but I respectfully refused, sticking to my iced tea.

Maya-maya pa ay nasa dance floor na kami ni Canon, parehong tipsy. We even danced around with Sarah and Tim and Oliver and Emmy. Si Santi, hindi na namin makita around. Na-score na ata. I'm fully relaxed and finally comfortable around them.

"Sooo... Canon, huh?", panimula ni Sarah habang nakatingin sa may likudan ko kung nasaan sina Canon at Tim. Bumalik kasi sila sa bar counter habang nasa booth naman ulit sina Oliver, keeping track of our things. Naiwan kami ni Sarah sa dance floor to spend some best friend time para naman daw mabigyan ni Sarah ng hustisya yung "i miss you" phrase n'ya sa'kin. Pft, she's just fishing for chika.

"It's not like that," inikutan ko kaagad s'ya ng mata, already knowing where this is going.

"You two look so cute! You should go for him!"

"Siz, he's just keeping me company, okay?" This time, si Sarah naman ang nag-eyeroll.

"I've been trying to set you up with someone for years. Believe me, trained na ako tumingin sa mga lakaking suitable for you and sa mga lalaking may interest sa'yo," pamimilit ni Sarah. "At isa pa, Canon's a fine ass. I already interrogated Tim about him. He's all clear." Then she winked.

"You what?! Sarah, nakakahiya kay Tim, omg. I don't need a man." I shook my head at her. All along akala ko nilalapat n'ya yung claws nya kay Tim but nooo, may time pa syang mambugaw. This girl, really. I should really tell her about Seth, ugh.

Thinking of Seth made me sober up a bit. Here I am dancing the night away while he's probably stressed with Simon. I spent the most time with our son kaya naman alam ko na halos lahat ng trick in order for Simon to not cry his lungs out during the night. Hindi ko lang alam kay Seth, though.

No longer in the mood to dance, I asked Sarah to walk back kina Tim. They were both talking, having just finished a set of shots. Agad namang tumabi si Sarah kay Tim habang bumalik ako sa seat ko kanina na nireserve ni Canon. The boys remained standing, guarding us from any unwanted attention and at the same, enabling us to hear each other.

"You good?", tanong ni Canon sa'kin upon sitting down. He has been a complete gentleman all night long so it was easy for me to grow comfortable with him. Surprising nga kasi I spent most of the night with him compared kay Sarah. It must be his good boy looks.

"Yeah! I'm having fun, surprisingly," he chuckled at that.

"Well, I'm glad you're having fun. Anything you want, pretty lady?", tanong n'ya sakin habang nakataas na yung isang kamay nya to call a bartender.

I ignored his input and told him my choice of drink na lang, "Another of that iced tea please, thank you." I'm not sure but I'm more giddy now compared to before. I guess mas nakakabilis talaga ng hilo pag sumasayaw or simply moving around much. But its a good kind of giddy, I feel like I have too much energy.

Tinaasan lang ako ng kilay ni Canon, evaluating whether he should allow me to have another drink or not. Oh please, its just iced tea and I'm thirsty. Lol, that rhymed.

Mukhang naghehesitate si Canon i-order ako ng gusto ko kaya ako na lang ang nagbanggit sa bartender na nasa kabilang counter. After that, I shuffled in my seat, looking at Sarah, her arms around Tim's neck habang naka-ikot naman ang isang braso ni Tim sa may bewang ni Sarah. Hindi ko na sila ginambala at ibinaling na lang ang attention kay Canon.

Nakatingin lang si Canon sa akin na siyang ningitian ko rin ng malaki. Upon seeing my doped ass smile, he chuckled and shook his head at me.

"Sigurado ka bang okay ka lang?", paninigurado ni Canon na lumapit bandang kaliwa ko to set his glass sa counter. I felt his clothed arm brush on my sleeveless one.

"I'm good, I'm good. I want to dance." Tiningnan ko ang dance floor na hanggang ngayon ay marami pa rin ang tao. Malalim na ang gabi and most of the dancers are tipsy or drunk already.

"Maybe you should rest for a bit. Sober up?"

I rolled my eyes at that. "I am sober enough." Kita ko sa mata ni Canon na hindi s'ya naniniwala. "Okay, maybe I need a toilet break but we'll go dancing after. Keep up, man, the lady is asking the gentleman to dance." I raised my brow at him, challenging.

Tumawa lang s'ya at umiling. Tinulungan n'ya akong bumaba ng stool, where I had to concentrate not to sway, then led me to the toilet.

I'm not really drunk. I think I'm not drunk. I know what's going on still. Kaya naman after doing my business, I noticed something after coming out of the toilet. Canon's still leaning sa wall kung saan ko s'ya iniwan before mag-cr. No, what I noticed is the dance floor that can be seen a little behind Canon's left. Madami pa ring tao, lively pa rin, but I noticed someone. Two persons in fact. Ross and Jason. Seth's best friends. But I blinked and they're gone. Now, I'm not sure if I'm drunk.

"Margaux?" Umayos nang tayo si Canon pagkakita sa'kin, iniintay akong lumapit at bumalik sa bar counter.

I looked around some more sa dance floor, or dun sa part na kita ko ngunit hindi ko na namataan muli sina Ross. Baka namamalikmata lang ako. Either way, it doesn't matter since Seth's not with them and they probably won't recognise me.

Naglakad na kami pabalik ni Canon sa bar counter. I noticed Tim practical glued to Sarah, whispering something to her. My best friend's going to score tonight I am proud of her, hays. I took back my forgotten iced tea na ipinahabilin ko kay Sarah, giddy once again now that the mood is back.

"Still up for some more dancing?", whispered Canon, a bit more closer than normal. I paid it no heed and just nodded at him, looking forward to letting off some steam. All thoughts of Ross and Jason flew out as Canon guided me down the chair and led me to the dance floor. It's not crowded as before but still lively just the same. He wrapped his arms around my waist, just a shy from the curve of my ass. There's a good few inches between us so I didn't think too much of it.

"I hope I made you a fan of clubs," Canon semi-shouted in my ears, still swaying me with him.

I look at him through the flashlights, noticing his stare and the hint of a smile. "I did! Thank you for keeping me company. I really enjoyed tonight," reply ko, tiptoeing near his ear for him to hear me.

"I hope this is not the last time. Feel free to come with us next time. Or even around the campus." I'm about to reply ngunit binitawan n'ya ako at dinukot yung phone n'ya sa bulsa ng shorts n'ya. At first, I thought he was asking for my number but I noticed his apologetic look. May tumatawag pala sa kanya. Nang mapansing its his mom, he immediately excused himself to answer the call. Naiwan ako mag-isa which is okay.

I danced there for a bit by myself bago ko napagdesisyunan bumalik kina Sarah. I was about to walk off when a pair of arms suddenly encircled my waist. I tensed up. I felt someone nuzzle the side of my neck, all the while grinding onto me to the tempo of the music.

"Hi."

Maybe I'm drunk, or maybe I'm not. But I swear I heard Seth's voice whisper to my ear. Low, husky, and with a familiar twang of drunkenness. So I turned my head around with my body still tensely facing away, ready to lash out in case its some creep feeling me up, and gaze upon familiar luscious brown eyes, a bit droopy already but still looking intensely at me.

"Seth."

✂︎

Hi. 🌻

Forgive me for my disappearing act. A lot of you know that I write this story on the spot. Meaning, I'm winging it. That's right. I'm creating contents on the spot. That. Is. Hard. At first, I said to myself "ok, I need a break to create some creative juice to use on the go" so nagbabasa lang ako ng stories (reader erii is happy) hanggang sa "Hala, ganda nung story. Isa pa ngang story" HAHAHAHA :(( Then school started (I'm a 3rd year law student btw huehue), and omg guys, I AM SWAMPED WITH ASSIGNMENTS + THESIS. Bruh, I'm too baby for these shits huhuhu.

But I got a bit of a free time (not really but fuck it). I am doing my best, I am giving my best, and y'all should do too. 'Coz we're amazing, strong, and beautiful creatures who can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Charot. But on a serious note, I sincerely apologise for the late updates (which will be the norm hehe) and I love you all. Take care, flatten the curve and stay safe ngayong bagyo. Mwaps.

Kindly leave some comments and suggestion 💖 (srsly, I need filler scenes jk - not really a jk - lol)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 34.9K 54
Rivalry, a basketball athlete and a culinary student had never seen herself attracted to any men. Despite her friends' persistent attempts to set her...
185K 6K 49
Tagalog-English BL - There's an urban legend saying that people with the same name cannot live together. It's a curse. Romeo Andres is a basketball h...
2M 25.2K 48
Soon to be Published Solana's mother works as a maid for Yleo's family, but in an unexpected event her mother passes away. Before it disappeared fro...
238K 4.2K 87
Apat na taon ng kasal si Shu sa isang lalaking ni minsan ay hindi pa niya nakikita o narinig manlang ang boses. Palibhasa ay hindi naman siya dapat a...