Close Enough

By thanduxolo00

He saved her life, He wants some thing in return or may I say some things. Tasha is your average teenage girl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Authors note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Authors note
Chapter 20 (part I)
Chapter 21 (part II)
Chapter 22 (part III)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Final Chapter
Authors Final Note

Chapter 18

103 9 9
By thanduxolo00

*Tasha's new dress*

"Q,my feet hurt!" I exhaled.
We were now at the mall shopping for Saturday's dress.
We've been over 10 boutiques and haven't found the 'perfect' dress according to Q.

"Stop whining and try this one on," she handed me what looked like a prom dress and pushed me towards the fitting rooms.
I've been stripping in and out of over a hundred dresses.

As I was changing a text from Alex buzzed in asking where I was and I replied with the details.He later texted that he'll be here in 10 minutes.

"Alex is coming," I told Q, she was throwing in different dresses at the same time and I so wished to sit down.
"Great he can help us and maybe you could loosen up a bit," she grasped as I walked out with a black and brown dress (picture attached).

"Perfect!" She exclaimed and I was glad it was finally over.
"Woah,you're killing me today McCarthy!" Alex showed up.
"See,he agrees," Q smiled.
"Can we go now?" I asked.
"Okay fine,miss cranky but you look stunning," Q complimented me and I murmured a thank you as I rushed to change back and pay.

"Hey,can I talk to you for a second" Alex requested,as I got out.It sounded serious.
Q excused herself again and went to look for the shoes and accessories.I almost forgot them.

"Listen, about the wedding," he breathed in.Oh my! he's about to cancel.
"This is not just any wedding,
Charlie's the bride," he said.
I so wished to slap him in the face but I just stood there with no emotion.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier, I could've bought a gift,a nice one,I would have done so many things like,I don't know.I didn't even know she was engaged,I didn't notice the ring.She was wearing so many but that's no excuse-" I panicked.

"Hey,it's okay! She wanted it this way.Not exactly because she wanted it to be a surprise,"he said as he cupped my chicks in his hands.
"So the whole gig thing was a lie?" I asked still in shock.
"I'm surprised you even believed me," he smiled. I swear I'm gonna hurl if I hear the word surprise one more time.

"Surprise!!" Q yelled as she held the shoes and accessories.
Unfortunately I didn't hurl.
"I'm sorry I lied to you but she made me do it," he apologized "Don't,at least you're telling me now," I exhaled.
"What's going on?" Q asked.
"I just found out that the bride is Alex's best friend," I exhaled.

"Don't worry,we still have time.Let's go and get her a nice present," Q cheered.
"No please don't,she'll know that I told you," Alex stopped us.He looked pretty much scared of her.
"I still don't get it," I sighed with frustration.
"You don't have to,she's excited to see your face expression," he said.

"Pay for my dress and I'll forget what you'd just told me," I smiled at my new idea.
"How much is it?" He asked.
"Doesn't matter," I arched an eyebrow.

~*~

"I can't believe you just made me pay, I never pay!"he said.
Alex forced us to grab a snack after paying for my dress, shoes and accessories. I'm proud of myself but not because a guy just bought me things.I cracked him!

"But know that this one is definitely not on me," he gestured to a table full of his plates,each having extra things.
"You're a jerk!" I exclaimed.
"I know sweetie pie," he grinned.

"So, are you picking her up tomorrow?" Q began another topic.
"Like hell I would," he stuffed his mouth with fries.
"You're going to grow fat and alone," I was irritated.
"Pretty much looks like you're living in the situation right now," he went too far.

"Oh no you didn't!" I yelled.
"Seems like I did," he smirked "Guys please,people are beginning to notice," Q warned.
"In other words she means shut up!" I yelled.
"Make me," he smirked.
"Okay,okay.I'll pay, please just knock it out and let us talk like descent people," Q begged.

"See,she's got it," Alex smirked.
"I wonder how you sleep at night," I said.
"I don't," he exhaled.
"Figures," I murmured.
"Are you done? Well I just want to say that you guys are cute," Q smiled.
"We don't intend to,but thank you" Alex smirked.

"Let's just go, Q I've got this one," I said as I payed the bill.
"Alex I'll see you tomorrow, have a nice one" I faked a smile and stormed out.
"Wait, you're seeing me at midnight," He exhaled.
"I can't I'm busy," I lied.
"Please don't do this to me, look I'm sorry for lying to you and for not paying but please hang out with me at midnight," he begged.

"I'll see you at midnight," I exhaled.
"I could kiss you right now!" He exclaimed.
"You better not," I said firmly. "A hug maybe?" He said more as a question.
"Q let's go," I gestured to my best friend.

~*~

Q dropped me off and had to leave but not saying hello to Justin first.I told her how I was so grateful for what she did today.

My plan for the rest of the evening was to sleep until midnight but I had to catch up with one of my favourite  series Bones.Later,Megan insisted I should help out for tomorrow's pool party. But I managed to escape.First I showered then read my novel and was asleep before 7 (19:00) o'clock.

I woke up to the sound of the twins fighting.It was 22:47, and I wasn't ready to wake up but I had to. I kicked the quilt like a ninja and regretted it afterwards, as sharp headache hit me hard.
"You know what to do," Taylor whispered.
I didn't have time to reply as I ran down the stairs to drink some water.

"Thanks," I sat on bed to catch some air.
"Hey,about yesterday.Me and Alex were in front of my house the whole time,sorry for not telling you," it was hard and pretty awkward to say but I had to.She has every right to know since she's my guardian.

"I'm guessing it was fun," she turned to meet my half asleep and half awake face.
"It was okay,I mean we watched the star's, I talked a little about myself, we listened to music and set up some ground rules," I shared.
"Which definitely means it was more than fun, you didn't watch the star's,you gazed upon them!" She laughed.

"Really,do you have to make it sound romantic?" I smiled remembering how beautiful they were.
"Oh, I almost forgot. While I was cleaning I found some cupcakes," she sat up.
"Geez, I forgot about those" I exhaled.
"Well, I figured they were yours and I kept them safe, don't worry," she smiled.

"Thank you," I smiled and took my phone to check the time.
"Meeting him again?" She asked.
"How did you know?" I replied with a question.
"I'll take that as a yes, you've been checking your phone more constantly," she exhaled "I promise this is the last time," I promised.

"Please don't, the only promise you have to keep is that you have to tell me about how you met him," she made herself comfortable like I was about to read a story to a 5 year old.
"I do have some time to spare before I prepare for an all nighter," I took a deep breathe.

~*~

About fifteen minutes later I was done.
"Alex right? Seems to be different," she exhaled.
"What do you mean by different?" I asked.Confusion flooded my mind.
"Well, I might have pictured and created him on my mind but as you tell me about him I'm realizing that I'm wrong on a lot of things," she confessed.

"Really? What things if I may ask," I held a yawn. If I start yawning right now I wouldn't be able to make it through the night.
"His interests and talents, he can sing, he's the captain of the schools football team.I have to say,you're a tough nut with all this flirting and pick up lines you don't seem to break.If I was your age I would have dated him," she explained.

As shocked as I was I managed to laugh at her compliment.
"Really woman!" I continued to laugh.
"I'm serious, I'm imagining that he's handsome.Am I right?" She imagined while her eyes were closed but she turned to me as she asked.

"I don't know, I think a while back he sent a picture of himself here in my phone. I'm not sure if it's still here. You can look for it if you want," I held out my phone to her.
"I hope I don't find it set as a wallpaper or something like that," she took the phone gladly.
"You know me better than that," I folded my arms.

I couldn't believe that I was talking about a boy to my nanny.I know that she's more like my older sister but still boy talk eew!
I took the time to prepare my to bring list while she searched for the photo.I even took a pillow and was imagining the look on his face.

When I came back, Taylor was still browsing through my phone.
"Any luck?" I asked as I plopped on my bed.
"No!" She exhaled.
"Good," I smiled.
"Wait,what's his last name?" She asked and I could imagine how bright the light bulb shined above her head.

"Hoffman," I said slowly wondering what she was up to.
"Double n or just one n?" She asked.
"I'm not sure,why?" I went across to her bed.
"Is this him?" She showed me a picture of Alex, they were many of them and it seems she has googled him.Smooth move!
"This is him," I exhaled.

"Wow! Give me back the phone I wanna see some more," she reached out for my phone.
"I don't believe this," I covered my mouth.As she scrolled down her eyes kept getting bigger and mostly zoomed in on some of the pictures.
"What I don't believe is why you'd want to be friends with this honey bunny," she said.

"Aren't you seeing someone, the father of your kids?" I failed to snatch my phone back.
"Aren't you gonna let me wash my eyes?" She showed me a picture of Alex and Charlie and was wondering who the 'chick' was. I quoted this word because I normally    don't use it, at all.
After a few minutes she handed me the phone thank God for the new message.

As I saw that it was from Alex I immediately looked at the time 23:53.
It read:

Wakey-wakey,
Outside!!

"I'm sorry I have to go," I exhaled.
"Okay,see you tomorrow and hey take care of yourself," she surprisingly hugged me again and I accepted it.I quickly changed into my other blue pyjamas,brushed my teeth and I high fived myself for preparing everything in time.

I got out and locked the door. I had the spare key, so no need to worry in case of emergencies.
I spotted the car and ran for it.As I approached it I noticed that he was speaking to someone on the phone, it was like he was shouting at that person.He dropped it as I got in and ran a hand through his hair.Something was up.

"Hi," I greeted.
"Hey,thanks for showing up," he was now calm.
"Are you okay?" I asked after minutes of fighting with my conscious.
"Oh you mean the phone call it's the P.I, he's slacking off," I could see he made him very angry.
"So now he thinks he's on holiday or what," I said.
"That's what I said!" He smirked.

"Good," I exhaled.
"Let's leave that, I'll fire him if he continues, how are you," he looked at me.
"I'm good,thanks for asking, you?" I was polite.
"I'm feeling better now that I'm with you," he smiled.
"Cool, I even got to rest for a while," I couldn't believe the comforbility I was feeling around him.
"Lucky you," he smiled.

"Look,about what happened at the mall-" I stopped him.
"Before you apologise, I want to apologise first," I said.
"Who said I was about to apologise? I just want my money back," he blurted.
"What!?" I exclaimed.
"I'm kidding," I pushed him playfully but I wanted to be serious.

"I'm- no you say it first!" He said.
"Since you're a joker,you go ahead and say it first," I said.
"No way, you wouldn't want me to tickle you, I have a thing that when I tickle girls we eventually mutually kiss after the tickling," he winked.
"Fine,I will say it. I'm sorry!" I was defeated and I never felt so proud! I wouldn't want put my first kiss at jeopardy.

"Good girl,see it wasn't so bad was it?" He smirked.
"Not as bad as kissing you," and instantly his hands ran up and down my body.At first I bit my inner lip so hard that I felt a slightly salty, sticky fluid in my mouth. Eventually I erupted with laughter and tried to curl myself up.What made me laugh was the sounds and voices he was making.

Trying to speak only made it worse as he forced me to say that he's a good kisser.I would hold my stomach and he'd attack my neck and vice versa.I finally managed to say the words even though they took a century and he stopped dead, his head right above mine as we exchanged breaths.Thank God I had brushed them earlier, this was it.I could swear that I was in the movies. He leaned closer,more like halfway.

Than there was it.BOOM!! I dodged it,YEAH! I quickly opened the door and ran for it.I turned back to see a smirking Alex running after me and it was time to gear up.I ran until I couldn't take it anymore and then I collapsed on the grass, after a few minutes Alex fell beside me his breathing pace much higher than mine.I helped him calm down his pulse rate a lot faster than normal by the breathing exercises.

Few minutes later we were watching the stars again.
I looked at him at the corner of the eye as he looked at me too and that was every 10 seconds.
"Why did you do that?" He asked as he turned on his side
"Did what?" I played dumb.
"Don't play dumb with me," he chuckled.
"Well I guess I'm not every girl,am I?" I turned to meet his impressed face.

"No you're not," he stood up and held out his hand to help me.
"Where are we?" He asked as he looked around.
"6 houses down the road and you can see your car," I said.
"On a serious note, what were you going to apologise for?"I suddenly asked.
"Being a jerk at the mall,I should have paid for the dress and the food,I'm sorry!" He apologised.

"Apology accepted," I exhaled. "Oh and McCarthy, you should know that I would never lie about something serious ever again," he held my hands.
He looked convincing, too convincing.
"Noted,come on let's go" I smiled.
My mouth tasted blood and I wanted to drink something fast.

"Woah, somebody's thirsty!" He said and I only focused on washing away the taste of blood in my mouth as I drank the hot chocolate.
"Leave some for me please," he said and caused me to stop.
"Here you go," I handed him the mug.
"Thanks," he called.
"Stargazing?" He asked.

"Absolutely," I took my blanket as he opened the door.
"I brought my pillow with me," I looked around for his.
"Sadly, I knew you were going to pull that stunt so I didn't bring mine," he grabbed mine
"You're something,you know that right?" I couldn't believe it.

"You bet," he said as we once again looked at the stars.
"What would you be without me?" He suddenly asked.
"Well first of all I would be asleep like normal people and I would have a peace of mind," I yawned.
"True,but you'll eventually try to kill yourself again," he exhaled.

"Dude,why would I kill myself?" I asked.
"That's a story for you to tell," he yawned.
"You know that me yawning and you yawning after me means that we have common ancestors or may I say great, great,great,great,great ancestors?" I asked.
"Well that's a bummer, we can't get married!" He exclaimed.

"Great," I exhaled.
"You really hate me hey?" He asked.
"I hate your tricks,I hate you hitting on me," I sighed.
"Well it's who I am," he exhaled.
"Alex we've been through this over and over again," I made hand gestures.
"Okay fine, nice pyjamas by the way," he exhaled.
"Thanks," I whispered.

"I would love to take them off you," he laughed.
"Pervert" I murmured.
"Ouch," he winced.
"Alex," I called his name.
"Yes babe," he smirked.
"Don't call me that, do you miss going to church?" I asked.
"I don't know," he exhaled.

"Well let's make a deal, I go with you to the wedding tomorrow and you go with me to church on Sunday, deal?" I held out my hand.
"Deal," instead of shaking my hand he placed a light perk on it, like in some movies.
"Be my date tomorrow?" He asked.
"Sure, no introducing me to your family and friends, no kissing me on my hand, and I'm your date for tomorrow only,got that?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am!" He exclaimed.
"Music?"  He asked.
"Please," I smiled. His voice made it all okay.
We settled in his car and listened to him singing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 240 28
Ava Weston... A nerdy girl, though not the typical glasses nerd just the one that'd rather do school work than go partying and doing all the typical...
235K 6.6K 28
How easy is it to fall in love? This is one of the thoughts that never occurred to the weird nerd, Alexis Rivers. That is, until she was forced to be...
397K 12.8K 37
Emma is the quiet, clumsy nerd that keeps to herself and is invisible to everyone but her quirky best friend Stella. Even her alcoholic father and br...
1.7M 59.3K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...